Topic: Contender Series 2022

Contender Series 2022: Week 9

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,019
  • Post Score: 47

05.17.2022 | 4:22 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
Contender Series 2022
  • Tuesday 09.20.2022 at 08:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN+
  • Promotion: Dana White's Contender Series
  • Ownership:
  • Venue: UFC APEX
  • Enclosure: Cage
  • TV Announcers: Laura Sanko, Paul Felder, Brendan Fitzgerald
  • Ring Announcer: Justin Bernard
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Laura Sanko
  • MMA Bouts: 5
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Brunno Ferreira   defeats   Leon Aliu   via KO/TKO, Punches   1:35 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Raul Rosas Jr.   defeats   Mando Gutierrez   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Austen Lane   defeats   Richard Jacobi   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   4:34 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Nurullo Aliev   defeats   Josh Wick   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   4:36 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Jafel Filho   defeats   Roybert Echeverria   via KO/TKO, Left Hook and Ground Strikes   1:31 Round 3 of 3, 11:31 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 4

Ivan510
Ivan510
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,027
  • Post Score: 17

09.20.2022 | 12:31 AM ET

Simple is dwcs just wait for Gianni the Greeks picks and fade him guaranteed to make money 
ImRealUgly
ImRealUgly
  • Predictions:  2,169  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,201
  • Post Score: 131

09.20.2022 | 12:40 AM ET

Rah

Predictions: 4 of 5 Winners, 0 Perfect, 200 Points   |   Tied for 812th

Who we going with? Rosas or Mando? I think Rosas has a good shot at winning this tbh. 

* Edited at 09.20.2022, 12:40 AM ET *

"Echoes of past events, nudge the tiller on my present course. I await its reflection in the future."

Rah123
Rah123
  • Predictions:  1,239  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,475
  • Post Score: -57

09.20.2022 | 1:12 AM ET

ImRealUgly

Definitely Rosas. He is training with savages and wrestling on point. Just waiting to confirm that Tapology Gianni Ayy is picking Mando before laying the hammer bet on Rosas

"Positivity is a positive"

Tuludapac
Tuludapac
  • Predictions:  11  |  63.6%
  • Forum Posts:  112
  • Post Score: 124

09.20.2022 | 3:55 AM ET

Smh

I’m a degenerate and can’t pass up a card to save my life and this card is a bunch of ??? 
I want to go mando and I have already but I’m still worried I know he has the tools to beat up a 17 year old but the kid has a good corner and probably better than I’m taking him for at his age. They’re both coming in to this fight with confidence but no way can I take a 17 year old but this is a new generation and maybe I’m under estimating him for his lack of experience with actual competition. I’m like 70 percent sure someone is getting submitted and like 30 percent on a decision and if it is a decision it’s mando imo.

I’m going back and forth with every fight here except the wick fight.
I guess I’ll go ahead and choose so far what I’m thinking…

Mando W - 55%
Jacobi W - 55%
Aliev W - 85%
Filho W - 60%
Ferreira W - 70%

My parlay is going to be
No distance in the ferreira fight and 
No distance in either the mando fight or the filho fight. Leaning Mando’s fight

* Edited at 09.20.2022, 4:02 AM ET *

Amettxpc
Amettxpc
  • Predictions:  12,799  |  73.4%
  • Forum Posts:  2,188
  • Post Score: 192

09.20.2022 | 4:32 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 4 of 5 Winners, 1 Perfect, 265 Points   |   Tied for 479th

Aliu vs. Ferreira
Brunno Ferreira, TKO, R1
Ferreira has an impressive record but his fights have not been fought longer than 6 1/2 minutes as a pro, and his cardio may be challenged at DWCS. However, the Italians in DWCS have not done well in the past and probably Ferreira managed to finish Aliu quickly, my only doubt is not being clear that he could pass if they reach the 3rd round.

Rosas Jr. vs. Gutierrez
Mando Gutierrez, DEC
I'm not a big fan of seeing extremely young fighters in complex fights against older prepared opponents, it reminds me of the case when Lucas Mathysse's nephew was knocked out after taking his second professional fight 15 days after his debut (and was knocked out massively despite of being a WBC Youth Champion), also in MMA and even in the DWCS itself many young fighters have received really hard beatings because clearly they were not for these types of fights yet. It seems to me that Mando Gutierrez has much more experience as a fighter and despite not being undefeated (Mo Miller is a really good fighter) he has faced much better opposition than Rosas who, although he has good wrestling, has not faced anyone of Mando's level (the fighters from UWC who have a record of 0-1 or 0-2 are much worse than the heinz cans from the US regional territories). I believe that Rosas wins or loses he will have a learning situation but I see Gutierrez demonstrating his veteran, taking the victory and demonstrating why he was considered a top prospect in the flyweights before leaving LFA due to poor matchmaking problems.

Lane vs. Jacobi
Austen Lane, TKO, R2
I pick Lane because after his loss against Greg Hardy he had the long way (really long where at one point he seemed closer to hanging up the gloves than winning a fight again), but he is here again with the opportunity to have a great redemption story and win a second-chance contract like Joe Pyfer did. They are HW and what is certain is that one of these two fighters have a high percentage of winning by KO or ending up unconscious on the canvas. Lane is very far from being a safe ''lock'' or pick, but honestly I'm gonna root for Lane to win the contract

Aliev vs. Wick
Nurullo Aliev, DEC
After the failed attempts of Muhammadjon Naimov and Gafurov I think that this time Takijistan will have his first victory in DWCS, but I do not think that Aliev will take the contract: Aliev is the kind of wrestler who wins his fights in a dominant way but by decision there is no great difference between him and fighters like Mike Graves, Sabatello or Rustam Khabilov, Dana White has never liked that kind of fighters, that's why he released them from their contract when he could, that's why he didn't renew Khabilov's contract despite having a record 7-1 in his last 8 fights in the UFC and that's why for example Usman needed many more fights to fight a ranked fighter (approximately 7 wins in a row to then fight Maia) than for example Mike Perry (who fought against the ranked #13 Ellenberger after a 2-1 record and losing to Alan Jouban in his previous fight). If Wick wins he will surely get the contract and the UFC may even promote him in his debut as the ''upset man'' but I think Aliev will take a dominant decision victory without winning the contract.

Echeverria vs. Filho
Jafel Filho, SUB, R1
Can Crushing can be something really dangerous on the way to scenarios like DWCS: Echeverría's case is very clear where he faced Earnest Wall (current record 2-19) twice in the same year and even his management (the Zaidi of The Goat Shed ) have put several of their fighters to face the same rivals (heinz cans) in order to build an undefeated record. Filho is from Nova Uniao and has a recent win against Vinicius Salavador who is a strong striker and won a contract in DWCS this season. I believe that Filho is going to fully expose Echeverría and I hope that with this Titan FC will return to having a good card and stop being the can-crushing show of recent years

"Moicano Wants Money!"

Rah123
Rah123

09.20.2022 | 4:39 AM ET

Picks made and locked in. You guys can thank me later. Making your bank accounts great again. Tapology Fortune Teller. I predict deez theengs.

Tuludapac
Tuludapac
  • Predictions:  11  |  63.6%
  • Forum Posts:  112
  • Post Score: 124

09.20.2022 | 4:43 AM ET

Right on I’m liking what I see
Rah123
Rah123

09.20.2022 | 5:09 AM ET

Thank you Tupac 

Daebak
Daebak
  • Predictions:  1,698  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  297
  • Post Score: 109

09.20.2022 | 7:34 AM ET

Raul vs Mando off? Bookies stopped taking bets on it.
Rah123
Rah123

09.20.2022 | 7:44 AM ET

Daebak

You have got to be kidding me. *** is this

Daebak
Daebak
  • Predictions:  1,698  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  297
  • Post Score: 109

09.20.2022 | 8:12 AM ET

No news and still up on international markets so I'm guessing it's fine... 🤞🤞
DrChaotic
DrChaotic
  • Predictions:  6,259  |  70.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,242
  • Post Score: 71

09.20.2022 | 10:28 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 5 Winners, 0 Perfect, 280 Points   |   Tied for 419th

@Rah What are your picks?
This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 8 months, 5 days, 10 hours, and 32 minutes from now.
WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

09.20.2022 | 10:33 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 5 Winners, 2 Perfect, 340 Points   |   Tied for 134th

Aliu vs. Ferreira
Brunno Ferreira, TKO, R1
Both like to win by ko/tko should be good

Rosas Jr. vs. Gutierrez
Raul Rosas Jr., DEC
War Wonder Boy

Lane vs. Jacobi
Austen Lane, TKO, R2
Someone probably going down

Aliev vs. Wick
Nurullo Aliev, DEC
Tajik in Dag?

Echeverria vs. Filho
Jafel Filho, SUB, R2
Echeverrias opposition hasnt been too stellar

* Edited at 09.20.2022, 10:34 AM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

Rah123
Rah123

09.20.2022 | 11:26 AM ET

DrChaotic

Ready to make some money 💰 🤑 💸 

Picking Fereira by finish / Fight to end inside distance 
Lane/Jacoby end inside distance
Jacoby KO
Filho by submission 
Aliev (also using over 2.5 as parlay peice but this could finish so being careful here, everyone thinks its going to decision, I am not 100% sure of that because Wick is short notice)
Rosa Jr (Also Rosa Jnr submission)

Rah123
Rah123

09.20.2022 | 11:28 AM ET

DrChaotic

Already called the strip club and let them know I will be in tomorrow with money to burn. 

BranFlood75
BranFlood75
  • Predictions:  242  |  64.0%
  • Forum Posts:  55
  • Post Score: 153

09.20.2022 | 11:39 AM ET

Age Difference Doesn't Mean Anything Under 27 Years Old

Predictions: 4 of 5 Winners, 1 Perfect, 265 Points   |   Tied for 479th

Raul Rosta Jr. isn't going to be the youngest UFC fighter yet. He's immature, his 5 opponents have 3 wins between all of them, he lands easy takedowns against inexperienced fighters. I do think Mando Gutierrez has bad takedown defense, but in the past he gets back up and his opponents looks exhausted after 1.5 rounds and get overwhelmed by his conditioning and heart. 8 year age difference is going to work against the younger fighter this time. 

I think the same 4 outcomes on every other fight that everyone thinks, so who cares about the rest. 

"“Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said...'I'm too drunk to taste this chicken.'” -Monsieur Bobby"

paulopasta
paulopasta

09.20.2022 | 11:51 AM ET

Predictions: 4 of 5 Winners, 1 Perfect, 250 Points   |   Tied for 602nd

One thing about heavyweight fights this season is the there is a good chance the underdog wins. We saw it with Williams and with Parkin. I think Jacobi will do the same here, Lane is not very good. Neither is Jacobi but I think he can pull of an upset KO, he’s got some fast hands

The more I think about the Echeverria fight the more I think he’s gonna get subbed in the first round. He just doesn’t have the experience, I think it would have been better if the matchmakers let him get some better wins against guys who are decent

The Aliev vs Wick fight probably won’t be amazing but I hope that we get a finish at least
paulopasta
paulopasta

09.20.2022 | 12:46 PM ET

I just watched Aliu's last fight from cage warriors. He has power on the feet but the technique is non existent, his hands are down the whole time too. All Brunno has to do is close the distance and throw, Aliu does not respond well to people throwing punches at him. Of course he has that power so Brunno should be careful

I did also see Brunno’s fights. He’s not as willing to stand and trade as Leon is but he keeps his hands up and has some power. His takedowns are very powerful as well

* Edited at 09.20.2022, 2:16 PM ET *

Arrow_
Arrow_
  • Predictions:  32,815  |  73.5%
  • Forum Posts:  181
  • Post Score: 135

09.20.2022 | 12:53 PM ET

Hello everyone . Back to work !!!

Ferreira vs Aliu 
Brunno Ferreira , TKO , R1
 Ferreira is a nasty power striker who is notably aggressive and has dynamite in every strike he throws. The man gets his opponents out of the fight early, never having gone to a third round. He has submission skills too, so he’s not exactly one dimensional. He takes on an unheralded Leon Aliu in his bout, which will be no easy task, but Ferreira’s violent style will definitely be on full display.

Aliev vs Wick 
Nurullo Aliev , DEC
Just 22 years old, Tajikistani grappler Nurullo Aliev looks to be the unheralded prospect on this episode. He has quality experience overseas for the AMC Global promotion in Russia, where he has dominated with his pressure wrestling and bullying style. The one thing that may hurt him is that he is a decision fighter, as all but one of his victories have gone to the judge’s scorecards. Dana likes finishes, so Aliev will have to kick it into overdrive when he fights Josh Wick

Signing predictions: Ferreira , Aliev , Filho

Scoring finishes that Dana White will appreciate, Nurullo Aliev  and Brunno Ferreira  will all score contracts. We talked earlier about Aliev’s penchant for decisions, but he’s taking on a primary striker whose grappling is not even close the level of that of Aliev. Ferreira and Lane both score fun knockouts . 
Lastly, Filho gets the contract being in a shallow division (flyweight) and winning the Fight of the Night.

That is this week guys . See you soon . God bless you !!!

"Never let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game. "

NNNNNNN
NNNNNNN
  • Predictions:  450  |  58.0%
  • Forum Posts:  60
  • Post Score: 135

09.20.2022 | 1:50 PM ET

Predictions: 3 of 5 Winners, 0 Perfect, 150 Points   |   Tied for 970th

🙇‍♀️

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Watch UFC Vegas 91 weigh-in video live now
  • UFC.com : Karine Silva Is All-Business, All-Action
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau vs. Alex Perez prediction, pick: Which flyweight stays in contention at UFC on ESPN 55?
  • UFC.com : Jonathan Pearce: Knocking On The Door
  • MMA Mania : Coach Benched Dariush To ‘Focus On His Health’
  • UFC.com : Marnic Mann Gets Down To Business
  • Middle Easy : Anthony Smith ‘Shocked’ By How Good Sean Strickland Truly Is: ‘He Only Shows a Small Part of His Game’
  • MMA Junkie : Photos: BKFC: Knucklemania 4 pre-fight press conference
  • MMAFighting.com : Thiago Alves was basically retired until BKFC called for Mike Perry fight: ‘Money talks’
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! UFC Vegas 91 Early Weigh Ins!
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo ready to trade leg kicks with Jonathan Martinez at UFC 301: 'I'm a specalist at what I do'
  • MMAFighting.com : Missed Fists: Fighter cusses out judge, tells them to quit
  • MMA Junkie : UFC champion Sean O'Malley on delay for Merab Dvalishvili title bout: 'I'm not fighting out of the country'
  • MMA Mania : BKFC ‘KnuckleMania 4’ Predictions
  • MMAFighting.com : Anthony Smith stands by Alex Pereira criticism but promises he’s not just ‘talking sh*t’ about him
  • UFC.com : Weigh-In Results | UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez
  • MMA Mania : Hunt Files To Unseal All Docs In UFC-Lesnar Lawsuit
  • MMA Junkie : Savannah Marshall signed with PFL for Claressa Shields rematch: 'The goal is to make a build-up'
  • MMA Mania : NSAC To Fine Biters, Brawlers And Diego Lopes?!?
  • MMA Mania : NAC To Fine Biters, Brawlers And Diego Lopez?!