Tapology Forums

MMA news updates

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  15,973  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32,079
  • Post Score: 88

05.02.2022 | 2:16 PM ET

Instead of spamming the boards everytime I see some cool news, I’ll post it here. I’ll also keep track of prospects I like, new signings to ufc/dwcs/Bellator/etc.

* Edited at 05.02.2022, 4:44 PM ET *

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

Page 93

Casual008
Casual008
  • Predictions:  4,536  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,865
  • Post Score: 259

08.01.2022 | 7:29 PM ET

You're probably the exception Jose. Would you pay to see Harrison on her own? 

"They're sorcerers they don't get knocked out"

Baron Von Rattus
Baron Von Rattus
  • Predictions:  92  |  69.6%
  • Forum Posts:  693
  • Post Score: 305

08.01.2022 | 7:29 PM ET

Mans acting like Kayla Harrison is a household name. Let me explain
1. Soldic- massive in Europe, fights get millions of views online (the most a harrison fight got was 800k)
2. RDR- ONE FC double champ, star in asia, probably weakest on list in all honesty, views around same as Harrison
3. Chrisitan Lee- Asias golden boy with a whole ******* island backing him, him and his sisters do big numbers
4. John Lineker- super established from time in ufc, loved by brasil and asia now cause he puts people to sleep in brawls
5. Pitbull- Bellator GOAT who frequents mad viewership and numbers (when bellator bother to promote his cards)
The only one Harrison kinda compares to is RDR
Plus the American point is void, you know theres other markets lol, Asia is probably more lucrative now days then the USA

* Edited at 08.01.2022, 7:29 PM ET *

"I’m in love, Robb, I’m in love with a billion billion people, and I know all of them better than I ever knew you, and they know me, all of me, and they love me."- A song for Lya

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

08.01.2022 | 7:30 PM ET

Is pitbull really a star tho? I feel like casuals have no idea who he is and he’s not talked about really. Plus his viewership numbers don’t do well cuz yknow, Bellator.

* Edited at 08.01.2022, 7:31 PM ET *

Baron Von Rattus
Baron Von Rattus

08.01.2022 | 7:33 PM ET

The ko of chandler made him a name and if you remember last year he was constantly on mma news sites. Now id say its a problem of bellators atrocious marketing. Think about this, if there was Patricio defending his belt against a bellator featherweight or Harrison fighting some ballooned bantamweight with a losing record who gets more buys, pretty sure ik. 

"I’m in love, Robb, I’m in love with a billion billion people, and I know all of them better than I ever knew you, and they know me, all of me, and they love me."- A song for Lya

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

08.01.2022 | 7:36 PM ET

Well yeah obviously pitbull would get more views but I really don’t think he’s a star. To be a star casuals have to know you; nobody outside of people who watch mma know who he is 

Baron Von Rattus
Baron Von Rattus

08.01.2022 | 7:41 PM ET

And thats my point with Kayla. Pitbull aint a star and he still gets more views lol.  Who tf outside of the mma community knows who Harrison is and if they do why does it matter, why would they pay  to see her **** up a bum. The fact they waste like 4 mill on a womens lightweight division is a joke, make her cut to 145 and maybe she has potential, but at 155 noone gives a ****

JoseLobo
JoseLobo
  • Predictions:  2,795  |  65.3%
  • Forum Posts:  171
  • Post Score: 212

08.01.2022 | 7:43 PM ET

five names bigger than Kayla in MMA and those five are not.  

" Don’t ever doubt me again. Don’t you ever bully somebody. Don’t you ever talk about somebody and think you’re better than them.”"

Baron Von Rattus
Baron Von Rattus

08.01.2022 | 7:48 PM ET

If after all i've said hasn't convinced you i think you're a lost cause mate. with the exception of RDR they're not. Maybe your just basing it off the west cause most guys mentioned are big in asia but that still counts lol. 

ps: She aint gonna **** you, might of dodged a bullet tbf cause i think she might have a ****

Baron Von Rattus
Baron Von Rattus

08.01.2022 | 7:50 PM ET

Bro her last tweet got 83 likes and every news article about her mentions Amanda Nunes and or Juliana Pena before her. What a superstar lol

JoseLobo
JoseLobo
  • Predictions:  2,795  |  65.3%
  • Forum Posts:  171
  • Post Score: 212

08.01.2022 | 7:55 PM ET

For God's sake we are already with the typical man's comment. Good luck with all five.

" Don’t ever doubt me again. Don’t you ever bully somebody. Don’t you ever talk about somebody and think you’re better than them.”"

Baron Von Rattus
Baron Von Rattus

08.01.2022 | 7:56 PM ET

Sorry if this comes across as spam but im just tryna convince you
A day ago PFL uploaded 2 fights: Kayla Harrison vs Taylor Guarardo and Ray Cooper vs Magomedkirov
Harrison Gurrardo did 16 k views wile coopers fight did almost double at 30. She aint ven the most popular fighter in the promotion. 2 weeks ago her fight with Genah Fabian got 12k views (sheesh), compare that to wade vs kobalyeuv which has 40k in 3 days. Your like the only guy that cares lol

Aint got nothing wrong with Kayla in fact i'm a fan. Love judo and she's proper legit imo, like she fought decent gals at invikta and i reckon she would storm through bellator until meeting Cyborg, but the division she is in limits her potential. Even then her star power is overhyped, in all matchups you said youd like to see she was the significantly weaker draw. If she was finishing legit women in a better division like 145 she could be something, she is not doing that. Also it's just a joke bruv

* Edited at 08.01.2022, 7:58 PM ET *

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

08.01.2022 | 8:05 PM ET

I agree womens 155 is a joke of a division. Kayla should be at 145 tho. She also should never go to the ufc because she would have one money fight and nothing else. She should go to Bellator where they actually have a division 

ccollins44
ccollins44
  • Predictions:  7,139  |  70.5%
  • Forum Posts:  907
  • Post Score: 140

08.01.2022 | 8:05 PM ET

I have a bunch of friends that I get together with all the time to watch UFC events.  They are big UFC fans that don’t follow MMA outside of the UFC.  They’ve never heard of guys like RDR, Pitbull, or Soldic.  They have however heard of Kayla Harrison

"Styles make fights"

Casual008
Casual008
  • Predictions:  4,536  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,865
  • Post Score: 259

08.01.2022 | 8:09 PM ET

My cousin only follows UFC occasionally and he knows who Soldic is. 

"They're sorcerers they don't get knocked out"

Baron Von Rattus
Baron Von Rattus

08.01.2022 | 8:11 PM ET

They've heard of Kayla cause she is constantly brought up with Nunes, the two being teammates and the only actual fight for her at 145. RDR is in asia so different market and i've admitted he's not too big. Soldic is ******* massive in Europe and carried KSW, not surprised guys from new york wouldn't know about him tbf. Pitbull is due to **** marketing from bellator i'd say, though i admitted he wasn't too big either. These people might know Kayla, don't mean they're watching her fight as evidenced by the numbers i've brought up (which i'd like to mention i'm the only guy thats provided statistics.) 

Though if i have to mention this again i'm gonna blow my brains out. I like Kayla, if kayla fought in bellator at 145 against good competition she could be a star. However at 155 fighting bums for a million dollars she brings nothing to the table/ 

* Edited at 08.01.2022, 8:14 PM ET *

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

08.01.2022 | 8:25 PM ET

Does kinda does tho; pfl is a big organization and decided to make her the face of their org ergo she is their biggest star. That’s just the truth 

Baron Von Rattus
Baron Von Rattus

08.01.2022 | 8:29 PM ET

ust because they did it don't make it a good decision lmao. The promotion is succeeding in spite of Kayla draining them of most of the money, not because of it. Plus PFL really lacks any stars imo, so saying she's their biggest aint a stretch, what attracts viewers though is the concept, general quality and top tier promotion. 

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

08.01.2022 | 8:33 PM ET

I know I’m just saying she’s the biggest thing to come out of pfl. It doesn’t matter what else they do 

DrChaotic
DrChaotic
  • Predictions:  6,271  |  70.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,242
  • Post Score: 71

08.01.2022 | 9:00 PM ET

God damn this chat exploded. How is the PFL gonna find enough talent for all these leagues? Will every league have like 8 weight classes? I’m excited but how tf are they getting all this money- Also how many viewers do they get? I’ve never seen anything about their numbers
This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 8 months, 4 days, 8 hours, and 16 minutes from now.
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

08.01.2022 | 9:09 PM ET

Apparently their 2021 finals were the worst in company history but that’s weird because they are on a major platform. Idk but I assume it’s big; I’ve literally seen it playing in sports bars before and I have many casual friends who watch pfl and ufc 

Page 93

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : ‘I Love To Get Punched In My Face!’
  • MMAFighting.com : Rani Yahya interested in re-booking ‘biggest fight of my life’ against Cody Garbrandt after UFC Vegas 91
  • Middle Easy : Elle Brooke Says Paige VanZant Didn’t Intimidate Her During Face-Off Despite Huge Height Difference
  • MMA Mania : ‘Knucklemania 4:’ Perry Vs. Alves!
  • Middle Easy : Amanda Ribas Stalked By ‘Crazy Guy’ Claiming To Be Her Husband From Hotel To UFC P.I.
  • MMAFighting.com : Ariane da Silva vows to win at UFC Vegas 91 and show ‘I’m ready’ for top of division
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 MMA retirement tracker: A list of those who hung up the gloves
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘Are you kidding me?’: Kendra McIntyre uncorks ferocious head kick knockout at LFA 182
  • Middle Easy : Max Holloway Says Ilia Topuria Trash Talks Like An ‘Angry Girlfriend’, Talks Ryan Garcia Betting On Himself
  • MMA Mania : Video! Garcia Awkwardly Shadowboxes For Amused Trump
  • MMAFighting.com : Ben Rothwell explains why he spars ‘religiously’ but doesn’t go full Sean Strickland with teammates
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 predictions: Matheus Nicolau or Alex Perez in Las Vegas?
  • UFC.com : Official Scorecards | UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez
  • UFC.com : Main Card Results | UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez
  • UFC.com : Prelim Results | UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez
  • MMA Junkie : Tim Means vs. Uros Medic prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMAFighting.com : Matheus Nicolau willing to cut weight twice in one week for UFC 301 backup spot
  • Middle Easy : Tito Ortiz ‘Incredibly Honored’ To Be Sworn In As Honorary Sheriff In Florida
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Start Time, Full Fight Details!
  • MMA Junkie : Jonathan Pearce vs. David Onama prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 55