Tapology Forums

MMA news updates

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  15,927  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32,039
  • Post Score: 88

05.02.2022 | 2:16 PM ET

Instead of spamming the boards everytime I see some cool news, I’ll post it here. I’ll also keep track of prospects I like, new signings to ufc/dwcs/Bellator/etc.

* Edited at 05.02.2022, 4:44 PM ET *

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

Responses

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

05.02.2022 | 3:29 PM ET

Currently signed fighters for this season of DWCS

Steve Erceg - eternal mma FLW champ. Has a win over fellow competitor Shannon ross. Not the best competition but good winstreak and creative on the ground 

Dominique wooding - really good signing for dwcs. Not sure about skill level but very deserving of a contender series appearance. Has crazy ko power. Had a rough stretch against better competition in bellator but has rebounded nicely with 3 highlight reel ko’s. Exciting fighter but hard to judge skill level. I think he would be a nice edition ti 135. 

Joseph pyfer - lost to stolzfus on 2019 DWCS appearance. Has some bad losses to bad competition and hasn’t beaten the greatest names. Did ko undefeated fighter in his last bout tho. Wouldn’t expect anything crazy from pyfer tho. 

Danilo Suzart - not the most impressive guy but he’s better than most HWs so he needs to be on this season. Ares FC HW champ. Has good cardio and tdd. Faced a guy who wasn’t that great, but had a tricky style and he was able to grind out a win. Not sure about skill level but being tough and having good cardio can get you far at HW 

Errison ferriera - competed on last years dwcs. For having 100% finish rate, he didn’t look that great going to decision and struggling with bummy Chinese fighter they brought on. Success on this season depends who they give him but wouldn’t expect a whole lot. 

Hailey Cowan - solid prospect for a division that desperately needs fighters. Pretty big for weight class and has a background as a d1 athlete (I think did gymnastics or something at Baylor). Seems ok but does have some issues with sub defense. Being athletic in a thin weight class could get her far tho. 

Rayanne Amanda - odd signing to be honest. Bad record, bad losses, and bad competition. She has finished a lot of her fights by sub but not sure how she will fare against better competition. 

Clayton carpenter - elite prospect, very happy they signed him but I think he could be in ufc rn. He’s one of those new breed of fighters like mokaev who was basically born into the sport. Background in Muay Thai (won amatuer titles), kickboxing (also won titles), ibjjf winner, and US prankration team member with a win over aaron pico. Also trains at a sick gym in mma lab. Expect huge things from this kid, very well rounded everywhere 

Eduardo neves - really really like this guy as a prospect in a division as thin as HW. He’s young, fast, and powerful. All five wins by first round ko and got a sick ko against another undefeated guy in LFA. 

Ozzy diaz - LFA middleweight champ. Got a sick ko over solid regional fighter in Bruno assis. Finished everyone as a pro and I think everyone but one as an amatuer. Not sure about overall skill level but he’s got some really nice finishing power. Most recent win was very good too. 

Waldo Cortes Acosta - LFA HW champ. I’m actually very unsure of where he’s at skill wise (more than these other guys). He’s fought very good competition for only having 5 fights but as sometimes shown questionable fight iq. Despite that, he still managed to get a really good ko win over Thomas peterson. Has pro boxing experience (6-4) and has a big frame. 

Caio machado - really doesn’t impress me but HW desperately needs prospects so he’ll have to do. Last weighed 236 so he could honestly be a lhw and could struggle if he gets matched up with a bigger guy. Also just fought really poor competition. 

Paulo Renato jr - not sure what to think. Long period of inactivity between 2017-2021 but came back with 3 first round ko’s. Pretty poor competition but, like most HWs, the division needs fresh blood so he’ll have to do. 

Shannon Ross - a bit old to be a prospect but Ross has been a long time vet of the aussie mma scene. Has fought for ACA and EMMA. Hasn’t fought in a long time and has been really unlucky with getting fights; otherwise he likely could have been in the ufc already 

Edgar Chairez - really exciting fighter. Has good ground game and striking. Lots of highlight reel finishes but has struggled in his career. He is coming off of two pretty solid finish wins tho so that’s good. Whoever he fights he will likely go to war with. 

Sandra lavado - not very good competition but only 2 losses to same person (one was a split decision). Being from Peru, she’s got a good bjj game. Need to see her fight betger competition tho but looks promising.

Farid basharat - I’m always hesitant with sibling duos in mma because one is always better than the other but Farid has looked really good thus far. Hasn’t fought the best comp but has at least fought better than his brother has on the regional scene LOL. He’s got a well rounded game but is much more of a grappler than his brother. 

Claudia leite - if her fight against Sarah Kaufman didn’t get cancelled she likely would be in the ufc. Her competition isn’t the greatest but she’s been looking good in nacao cyborg recently. 

Emiliano linares - budo Sento FW champ. Fought good competition and has 5 round experience. Only loss by doctors stoppage too. He looks pretty promising. 

Erik silva - Lux fight league FW champ. He’s finished his last four opponents by first round sub and is on a 7 fight win streak. 

Willian Souza - lost his debut now on an 11 fight win streak with all finishes. Been running through competition at jungle fight. Jungle fight BW champ. I would like to see him go the distance to get a read on his cardio and also fight better comp. 

Kaleio romero - wrestler with good gnp and sub game training at team alpha male. Looks good on paper but he’s fought at gladiator challenge therefore he’s getting ko’ed first round 

George tokkos - Fury FC LHW Champ. I don’t think he will turn into a contender but I really like tuco. Trains out of a fantastic gym in Sanford and also coaches a lot of guys there so he’s getting a lot of experience. Training at Sanford helps him on his overall game as he’s primarily a grappler but has good kickboxing practice and cardio training. 

Karolina wojcik - loads of experience; 8-2 as a pro and 7-1 as an amatuer. Her only losses as a pro have been split decisions to cheyanne vilismas and formerly undefeated ewelina wozniak. She had a good three fight run in ksw.

Connor matthews - love that my MA boys are getting some love but, with NE prospects, he’s just can crushed so hard to judge if he’s actually a quality fighter. He’s absolutely demolished his competition thus far but again, they’re cans. Has also been ko’ed twice as an amatuer. I don’t expect much but obviously I am going to be rooting for him. 

Matej penaz - I expect very big things out of Penaz. Former glory kickboxer. 22-3, ranked #5 MW in glory, and trains with jiri. He’s a pretty big dude and has a great striking game. His ground game has looked okay but that’s always a concern with kickboxers. I think he’s an elite striker tho. I expect him to make waves in the MW division 

Josefinne lundgren Knutsson- I think she may be the best woman signed this season. She looks unbelievably good especially having little mma experience. Despite only being 3-0, her opponents have been a combined 11-6-2 and none have had losing records. She had a Muay Thai/KB record of 27-5 and won gold for Sweden. She’s got elite standup but is comfortable everywhere. Oh, and she trains with Khamzat. 

Andres Luna Martinelli - I really like this signing. Him and his brother are both very intriguing. They’ve can crushed for the most part but andres has some decent wins. He’s a very creative grappler and is coming off of a highlight reel calf slicer. 

Viktoria dudakova - undefeated through pro and amateur (11-0 total). Combat sambo background and immaf experience. She’s also finished everyone as a pro. Quite promising prospect. 

Michael parkin - not sure what to expect as his competition throughout pro and am has been terrible. He’s ko’ed everyone he’s fought and is on a 11-0-1 streak. I don’t like that the best person he’s fought is the one person he’s drawn with. 

Oumar sy - really impressed with this guy.  He’s basically French jon Jones but bigger. 6”5 83.5 inch reach is hella impressive. He is super exciting to watch. He’s absolutely ran through his last few opponents and has fought great comp for being 6-0. I think he could be a contender. 

Tereza bleda - another beast of a prospect. Undefeated through pro and am (14 fights) and has some really good wins like Magdalena sormova, mabelly lima, and lucid pudilova. She’s got a judo background and is a beast on the ground. 

Anvar boynazarov - I really like this signing by the ufc. I think he should have had a little more time in LFA or another good promotion but I get why they signed him. He’s on the older side and green for mma, but he is a former kickboxer and is a ******* beast on the feet. 95-27 kickboxing record with wins over giga chikadze, Fabio Pinca, and abdellah ezbiri. I think he may be too green for mma and too old to really be effective but I love that they signed him and I really hope he wins; kickboxers turned mma fighters are awesome. He could end up like alex pereira or he could end up like gokhan saki. Hoping we see the Giga rematch in the ufc tho; would be so epic. If he wins, expect the ufc to push that rematch 

Rodrigo Lidio - was supposed to fight at upcoming LFA event but they signed him. Finishing machine (all 12 wins by finish) and has been flatlining people on the regional scene. 

Mateusz rebecki - I think this is easily the best signing of the season thus far. Rebecki is one hell of a prospect and he really should be in the ufc straight up. He can wrestle, grapple, and strike. He looks very good everywhere and has fought insanely good regional competition. I don’t believe he’s fought anyone with a losing record.

Jack Cartwright - one of the best English prospects not currently signed. Jack has been sidelined since 2020 and had an unfortunate last fight where he won because his opponent kept heabdutting him. ****** to see, but he’s looked very good otherwise fighting at CW and he is their BW champ. He’s a very good grappler and is also a finisher. I think he could be very good in the ufc. 

* Edited at 05.02.2022, 3:37 PM ET *

CrimsonChinGuru
CrimsonChinGuru
  • Predictions:  3,115  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  10,536
  • Post Score: 109

05.02.2022 | 3:47 PM ET

https://twitter.com/mmaempirecanada/status/1521121089748799490?t=KEVaarI5PoFYNtSKst_7fw&s=19 

You probably saw; you catch a lot of the Twitter stuff before me but Caio Machado vs Paulo Renato Jr scheduled for Aug. 9

* Edited at 05.02.2022, 3:47 PM ET *

"They killed Jesus for speaking the truth..."

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

05.02.2022 | 3:50 PM ET

Haha yessir! That’s good matchmaking cuz both guys don’t really look that great overall 

Hadrian Caesar
Hadrian Caesar
  • Predictions:  904  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,114
  • Post Score: 338

05.02.2022 | 4:23 PM ET

This thread should surpass miscellaneous in pages in a few days 

"Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once." - Julius Caesar.

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

05.02.2022 | 4:24 PM ET

Lol cmon now 

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

05.02.2022 | 4:30 PM ET

I think this counts as MMA news.

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

05.02.2022 | 4:35 PM ET

@baldric that definitely does 👍 

Fremen
Fremen
  • Predictions:  1,368  |  64.5%
  • Forum Posts:  3,579
  • Post Score: 218

05.02.2022 | 4:40 PM ET

@ayylmao

Thats a lot of work. 
To avoid making this thread another one about everything except the goal, I'll add a news to this post.

Daniel Omielanczuk has signed with KSW (he was in ACA, belt pretendent) 

"****."

Fremen
Fremen

05.02.2022 | 4:43 PM ET

Jared Canonnier has signed to fight with Israel Adesanya, date and place yet to be unknown.

https://twitter.com/The_MMA_Media/status/1521140114868649984?t=SYfm9B2IR8-NKuzLMSSw2A&s=19

"****."

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

05.02.2022 | 4:44 PM ET

@adrnc that’s a good signing. He had a solid run in aca up until recently but he’s still a solid fighter

Fremen
Fremen

05.02.2022 | 4:47 PM ET

Mateusz Rębecki to face Rodrigo Lidio at DWCS.

I'll rather focus on European (Polish) scene more here, with a belief that anyone besides me cares

My proposition would be to keep this thread news only, and talk about news in other threads so it would be more clear and interesting 

* Edited at 05.02.2022, 4:51 PM ET *

"****."

Cheeseball
Cheeseball
  • Predictions:  13,293  |  71.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,943
  • Post Score: 247

05.02.2022 | 5:19 PM ET

Great thread idea! I'll make sure to post anything I hear of if it isn't here already.

"🌽⚽️"

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

05.02.2022 | 5:39 PM ET

@cheeseball appreciate it man! Can be anything interesting, to a cool fight you see on the regional scene, to a prospect you have your eyes on; whatever really 

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,304  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,311
  • Post Score: 285

05.02.2022 | 6:45 PM ET

@AyyLmaonnaise

I don't know about cool fights but the UK regional scene is full of God awful ones so I'll post them when I see them. Here's the BFC 1 main event Anthony Prior (debut) VS Mark Jones (0-7-0) from a few months back for now. Call me a cynic but I recon Mark Jones took a dive here. 

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

05.02.2022 | 6:48 PM ET

Wow that was certainly a fight🤣

Cheeseball
Cheeseball
  • Predictions:  13,293  |  71.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,943
  • Post Score: 247

05.02.2022 | 7:00 PM ET

Wow the guy who won is acting way too ****y for a guy who just took out a moldy smashed tomato can. What a poor sportsman.

"🌽⚽️"

CangrejoRuiz
CangrejoRuiz
  • Predictions:  15,389  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  803
  • Post Score: 184

05.03.2022 | 2:27 AM ET

@AyyLmaonnaise

Glad you did this, it will be a great source of information

"I was involved in a robbery with Mike Beltran"

CangrejoRuiz
CangrejoRuiz
  • Predictions:  15,389  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  803
  • Post Score: 184

05.03.2022 | 3:13 AM ET

Also, I have not seen this yet in Tapology, but apparently Emeev v Della Madallena will take place at UFC 275

"I was involved in a robbery with Mike Beltran"

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

05.03.2022 | 10:58 AM ET

Cage warriors 141 will be in London. Leroy Duncan vs Michael Figlak, Darren Stewart vs jim wallhead, and Kyle Driscoll vs George hardwick will be the main event 

JReynolds47
JReynolds47
  • Predictions:  12,533  |  72.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,515
  • Post Score: 13

05.03.2022 | 11:01 AM ET

jim wallhead ***, weird matchup

"Jarno Errens, Damir Hadzovic"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : ‘MMA Media Hates Me,’ Ronda Rousey Reacts To Career Backlash & ‘How Happily Everybody Turned’ On UFC Star
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: It PAYS To Be King
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Reveals His ‘Crazy’ Behavior Was a Publicity Stunt Planned Months in Advance
  • MMA Mania : ‘99.9%’ Chance Edwards Vs. Muhammad 2 Happens At UFC 304
  • MMA Junkie : The 10 largest UFC attendances in history
  • MMA Mania : ‘MMA Media Hates Me, It’s Fine’
  • Middle Easy : Jiri Prochazka Doubles Down On Callout For Alex Pereira Rematch At UFC 301: ‘I Think I Deserve It’
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Goes Off On Logan Paul For Child Trafficking Comments, Claims He Will ‘Destroy’ Paul In Boxing Match
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway's coach breaks down matchup against 'oversized bantamweight' Ilia Topuria
  • MMAFighting.com : Lyoto Machida ‘already breathing fire’ after Luke Rockhold callout, interested in Karate Combat rematch
  • MMA Mania : ‘It’s Crazy That Something Like This Is Happening At This Level’
  • MMA Junkie : Islam Makhachev's coach: 'Biggest threat' Justin Gaethje no longer in UFC title picture
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Whoever wants to fight Ryan, he feels comfortable at 144’: De La Hoya talks next steps for Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Whoever wants to fight Ryan, he feels comfortable at 144’: Oscar De La Hoya talks next steps for Ryan Garcia
  • MMA Mania : Double Champ Islam Next? ‘I Already Beat All These Guys’
  • MMAFighting.com : Justin Gaethje: It’ll be ‘6 months, at least, before I get back to taking shots’ after UFC 300 loss
  • MMA Junkie : Manon Fiorot open to Maycee Barber fight – but only if interim UFC flyweight title at stake
  • MMA Junkie : Arman Tsarukyan fires back at Michael Chandler: 'You are just waiting for a paycheck'
  • MMAFighting.com : Islam Makhachev not interested in Max Holloway matchup: ‘Maybe if he wins his next fight’
  • Bad Left Hook : PODCAST: How much credit does Ryan Garcia deserve for beating Devin Haney?