Tapology Forums

MMA news updates

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  15,973  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32,080
  • Post Score: 88

05.02.2022 | 2:16 PM ET

Instead of spamming the boards everytime I see some cool news, I’ll post it here. I’ll also keep track of prospects I like, new signings to ufc/dwcs/Bellator/etc.

* Edited at 05.02.2022, 4:44 PM ET *

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

Page 92

Baron Von Rattus
Baron Von Rattus
  • Predictions:  92  |  69.6%
  • Forum Posts:  693
  • Post Score: 305

08.01.2022 | 6:39 PM ET

You don't know theres a bellator event on until a day later when dana white gets asked a question that he ignores lol

"I’m in love, Robb, I’m in love with a billion billion people, and I know all of them better than I ever knew you, and they know me, all of me, and they love me."- A song for Lya

JoseLobo
JoseLobo
  • Predictions:  2,795  |  65.3%
  • Forum Posts:  171
  • Post Score: 212

08.01.2022 | 6:42 PM ET

The league boasts a long and varied list of investors, including Ted Leonsis, the owner of Washington’s N.B.A., W.N.B.A. and N.H.L. teams; Glenn Youngkin, the governor of Virginia; the rapper Wiz Khalifa; and the comedian Kevin Hart.

In May, the P.F.L. secured $30 million in funding from a group that included the Alex Rodriguez, the former baseball player who is also part of Minnesota’s N.B.A. and W.N.B.A. ownership groups. The league also has a broadcast deal with ESPN.

Harrison signed In March with the Professional Fighters League, competing in the 155-pound lightweight division. The two-year contract made her the highest-paid fighter both in the P.F.L. promotion and in women’s M.M.A. Harrison will gross roughly $1 million per fight, and can earn another $1 million if she wins this year’s P.F.L. championship.

Kayla is the face of the PFL, like it or not. What is certain is that investors understand business and she is likely to make about 4 million a year. 

It's funny how an MMA company that hires experienced fighters and offers good money gets criticized.   

" Don’t ever doubt me again. Don’t you ever bully somebody. Don’t you ever talk about somebody and think you’re better than them.”"

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

08.01.2022 | 6:44 PM ET

@ratus lol exactly. Bellators last event (outside of the main event) was one of the best cards they’ve put on this year but you would have no idea because they can’t promote for ****. Same with Borics vs burnell; that’s a FOTY contender and one of the few good matchups Bellator can create yet you have no idea it ever happened because Bellator refuses to promote events. Must be a contractual thing with showtime; they’re just happy with their paying audience or something 

* Edited at 08.01.2022, 6:45 PM ET *

Baron Von Rattus
Baron Von Rattus

08.01.2022 | 6:50 PM ET

They'd still have that investment if they didn't have a ******* womens lightweight division. Imagine how much better they'd be doing with a bantamweight division, you know like the most stacked weightclass. Why do people wanna act like Kayla is some household name like Rousey, who is bringing everyone to PFL. PFL's growth has been natural through general quality, not through some superstar. Also the problem with her getting paid so much is legit guys as mentioned chris wade, are seeing less and less as they go on cause they're basically burning 4 million

"I’m in love, Robb, I’m in love with a billion billion people, and I know all of them better than I ever knew you, and they know me, all of me, and they love me."- A song for Lya

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

08.01.2022 | 6:52 PM ET

Well, they are adding 135 and womens 125 next year. Dakota ditcheva was an incredible signing by them; she has potential to be as good (in terms of hype) as Kayla if not better. She’s also probably the better fighter 

HiDefff
HiDefff

08.01.2022 | 6:54 PM ET

At the end of the day professional sports make money if they are on mainstream TV. As long as the PFL remains on ESPN they will have investors. its the same reason the LIV tourney popped up from Saudi Arabia. the same reason countless NBA MLB NFL NHL teams have been sold in recent years for BILLIONS of dollars. Amazon Youtube Hulu all of those streaming companies are in bidding wars to have the rights to just a few NFL NHL NBA games **** like that. Any main stream sport in this country will always have money thrown at it. 
JoseLobo
JoseLobo

08.01.2022 | 6:56 PM ET

Name five male fighters outside the UFC more important than Kayla.

" Don’t ever doubt me again. Don’t you ever bully somebody. Don’t you ever talk about somebody and think you’re better than them.”"

AxaFin
AxaFin
  • Predictions:  1,499  |  59.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,798
  • Post Score: 144

08.01.2022 | 6:58 PM ET

everytime I hear something about PFL I think about Dana White saying Professional ****head league.

"I've lost 7000€ on Jared Cannonier."

Baron Von Rattus
Baron Von Rattus

08.01.2022 | 7:00 PM ET

Soldic, RDR. Christian Lee, John Lineker, Patricio Pitbull 
Really not hard lol, she aint a star man, not one gives a **** about womens lightweight

* Edited at 08.01.2022, 7:12 PM ET *

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

08.01.2022 | 7:04 PM ET

I agree with you that’s she’s overrated and wildly untested, but she’s definitely a star man lol. The ufc put out an offer to sign her; if pfl didn’t match, she would be in the ufc right now fighting nunes. 277 very well could have been headlined as nunes vs Harrison for the 145 belt

* Edited at 08.01.2022, 7:05 PM ET *

JoseLobo
JoseLobo

08.01.2022 | 7:07 PM ET

Jake Hager is better known and sells more fights than those five. For God's sake if John Lineker was banned from the UFC what are we talking about? It's about hate. 

Baron Von Rattus
Baron Von Rattus

08.01.2022 | 7:11 PM ET

Hate. bro *** you saying. Hager dont sell more than any of them and Lineker is a star in asia now. UFC wanted her cause they have zero featherweights lol and at the time nunes needed a challenge. Maybe she has potential like if she went bellator and fought cyborg i could see that doing numbers but someone fighter at womens lightweight can never be taken seriously. If she fought proper competition she'd be a star but it takes two to tango 

PFL is popular because they actually have some banging talent, a deal with espn and the promotion that comes with that (wich i must say is really good) and a lot of interest in the concept. 

* Edited at 08.01.2022, 7:11 PM ET *

Casual008
Casual008
  • Predictions:  4,536  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,865
  • Post Score: 259

08.01.2022 | 7:17 PM ET

Jake Hager is also better known than Harrison I don't see the point of your comparison. 

"They're sorcerers they don't get knocked out"

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

08.01.2022 | 7:17 PM ET

Eh idk if I agree with that. She is talked about a ton, which means she’s a star. If the ufc has interest in signing her to fight the goat, nunes, then she’s a star

JoseLobo
JoseLobo

08.01.2022 | 7:18 PM ET

I ask for five people in the business more important than Kayla and you name guys that Americans have to look up their names on the internet.

Baron Von Rattus
Baron Von Rattus

08.01.2022 | 7:21 PM ET

Theres a difference between being talked about and who sells, mike perry was talked about constantly back in the day, didn't mean he put arses in seats. Every time harrison was mentioned it was in response to a matchup with cyborg or nunes, nothing about her individually. As i said she could do numbers with those lot but being a womens lightweight dont bring anything, noone ******* cares in the slightest. Same with jake Hager, loads of people know him, doesn't mean they're gonna fork out money to watch him fight. 

JoseLobo
JoseLobo

08.01.2022 | 7:22 PM ET

Don't see the point of comparison?Well, if you had to name five, you're missing four, bro.

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

08.01.2022 | 7:22 PM ET

I don’t think that was the argument. Obviously no one cares about womens 155; it’s a fake division created for her. People care about Kayla tho, she may be a can crusher, but she’s one of the most talked about women in mma

* Edited at 08.01.2022, 7:23 PM ET *

CrimsonChinGuru
CrimsonChinGuru
  • Predictions:  3,119  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  10,537
  • Post Score: 109

08.01.2022 | 7:27 PM ET

You could even say Patricky Pitbull is a bigger star than Kayla right now tbh, especially he gets another win as champ.

Pitbull brothers know what they are doing promotion wise.

++At least for me, the hype on Kayla is dying SUPER fast.

* Edited at 08.01.2022, 7:27 PM ET *

"They killed Jesus for speaking the truth..."

JoseLobo
JoseLobo

08.01.2022 | 7:28 PM ET

****, the Jake Hager example was a joke.  I wouldn't pay to see Hager fight. I wouldn't pay to see all five ..... either.  But I would pay to see Kayla v Nunes. Kayla v Holm, Kayla v Justino....

Page 92

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC Fight Night Tapology coverage is now live
  • Maheshate Hayisaer vs. Gabriel Benítez - Round 1 is in progress.
  • Join the UFC Fight Night live discussion
  • Tapology Picks: Gabriel Benítez 17% Maheshate Hayisaer 83%
  • Gabriel "Moggly" Benítez (23-11-0) BC, MX is the #103rd Top Lightweight MMA fighter.
  • Maheshate Hayisaer (9-3-0) Sichuan, CN is the #91st Top Lightweight MMA fighter.
  • UFC Fight Night features 13 MMA bouts
  • The event takes place from UFC Apex in Las Vegas, Nevada