Tapology Forums

Wobble-shop Benjo: ****-wool raked up out the half-rats Skilamalink fly-rink O' Baldric Eggling.

Closed Thread

This thread has been closed to new posts.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

11.01.2021 | 6:35 PM ET

This thread will function as a kind of omnium gatherum for the melange of dissenting observations and opinions I have about MMA, MMA bouts and fighters, things I find humorous, and essentially any other thing. Why? Because sewage warrants proper curation as much as anything else. Arguably more.

Toshers and specklebellies welcome. No mutton-shunters, namby-pambys or needy-mizzlers. Pull up a stool and smother the parrot.

* Edited at 11.01.2021, 6:47 PM ET *

Closed Thread

This thread has been closed to new posts.

Responses Page 5

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

11.10.2021 | 5:52 PM ET

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

11.10.2021 | 6:03 PM ET

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

11.10.2021 | 6:35 PM ET

England: Policeman mistakes goldfish for sharks

Police in Sussex were shocked to discover a shark-infested pool slap bang in the middle of someone's living room.

Oh and if that mental image isn't quite surreal enough for you, there was also a Christmas tree in the middle which the sharks were happily swimming around. It's a bit early for that, guys.

Officers from Sussex Police were called out to a disturbance at a house in Haywards Heath but were surprised to find the home was also shared by numerous sharks, which were swimming around in a 8-foot pool set up in the living room.

Mid Sussex Neighbourhood Policing Inspector Darren Taylor posted about the bizarre call out on Twitter, writing: "Just when you think you have heard it all!

"Team attended a premises over the weekend, only to discover a 8ft swimming pool in the front room.

"In the swimming pool (apart from water) were small sharks swimming around and an artificial Christmas tree in the middle! I kid you not!"

In a statement released by Sussex Police, the force assured people that none of the animals in the 'children's paddling pool' were dangerous.

It said: "Officers were called to a neighbour dispute and not a disturbance as has been reported.

"Several types of goldfish/fish commonly kept as pets, were found in a children's paddling pool fitted with pumps and filters, not a swimming pool, and none were sharks.

"The property landlords were contacted over concerns about the volume of water in the property, but there were no concerns over the welfare of the fish.

* Edited at 11.10.2021, 6:36 PM ET *

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

11.10.2021 | 7:38 PM ET

Uganda: Talkshow panel episode covering LGQBT devolves into utter ****show

* Edited at 11.10.2021, 7:42 PM ET *

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,304  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,313
  • Post Score: 285

11.10.2021 | 7:43 PM ET

^

I'm willing to accept a slight National Insurance increase if I can be assured that it would be spent on training police officers and other emergency workers in the art of differentiating between different forms of aquatic life.

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  31,978  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,972
  • Post Score: 195

11.10.2021 | 7:47 PM ET

They don't look like sharks but they don't look like goldfish to me either.

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

11.10.2021 | 7:50 PM ET

@Pillory that's just a generic picture of a shark in the sea, so...y'know....
DogHunter
DogHunter
  • Predictions:  90  |  88.9%
  • Forum Posts:  8
  • Post Score: 363

11.11.2021 | 10:49 AM ET

Pepe and pasta senpai share great chemistry

"If it smells of dog then do it doggy"

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

11.11.2021 | 3:08 PM ET

Interesting.

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

11.11.2021 | 7:24 PM ET

The absolute swinging-sacked delusion of these people

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

11.11.2021 | 9:19 PM ET

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,727  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,779
  • Post Score: 273

11.11.2021 | 11:02 PM ET

Lmfao

ROASTED 

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

11.12.2021 | 12:11 AM ET

Platic bag r bad

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

11.12.2021 | 6:36 AM ET

I had horse meat (they didn't try to hide it was horse meat) in Malta... It's unreal, pure protein. There were a few of us there, I felt bad for my vegan friend who was also there

* Edited at 11.12.2021, 6:38 AM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

11.12.2021 | 11:05 AM ET

How

is this not just girl scouts?

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

11.13.2021 | 1:22 AM ET

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

11.14.2021 | 2:39 AM ET

Dana White is right about Usman fighting Canelo.

For those who didn't see it, White was asked about what he thought of Kamaru fighting Canelo in the post-fight conference folling Usman vs Covington. He said: "I watched Canelo fight tonight. You (Kamaru) don't want to fight Canelo".

Usman maintained after beating Covington that's still a fight he wants. In Boxing. In my opinion, that would be professional suicide.

Mayweather vs Mcgregor was one thing. Floyd is a very good salesman, and is technically so much better than these money fight opponents, especially defensively, that he can make circus fights look somewhat competitive, and ensure they don't finish too early so the fans get their money's worth. He's an incredible point fighter, even in his dotage, understands the difference between a pro fight and an expo ( someone should explain it to Vitor Belfort) and knows how to carry a show without letting his ego or instinct get in the way. He's not a power puncher. He's a relatively safe fight in a boxing match for an MMA fighter. Especially when he's hugely outsized by them which he generally is, and is basically retired and just ******* around.

But that ain't Saul Alverez.

Canelo just isn't like that. He's a straight-up ******* murderer in the prime of his career. Now, I don't particularly like the guy and refuse to watch his fights since the GGG robberies, but the fact remains that whenever he fights, he only has one objective, and that is to ****  his opponent so they stay ******. He is a really, really bad ************.

I personally do not believe Canelo is any more capable of putting on a mayweather-style exhibition boxing event than a greyhound is of resisting chasing and eating a rabbit that has accidentally wandered into a dog racing circuit. He could never do what mayweather does. He's not turning up to put on a song and dance. He's turning up to erase people's souls from reality. Even if he wanted to do it differently, I doubt he could.

And what he would do in a boxing match, to Usman, who was getting pieced by Covington who probably wouldn't even take Golden gloves anywhere, doesn't even bear thinking about. I will say with absolutely no hyperbole whatsoever that that fight would be about as competitive as Cynthia Cavillo vs Francis Ngannou. The divide  would literally be that great.

And I don't want to see it for any reason, ever. You're the greatest WW of all time, Kamaru. For the love of God, stay in your lane.

* Edited at 11.14.2021, 3:51 AM ET *

Casual008
Casual008
  • Predictions:  4,535  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,865
  • Post Score: 259

11.14.2021 | 2:49 AM ET

"They're sorcerers they don't get knocked out"

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

11.14.2021 | 7:57 PM ET

Opinion: It's time for climate scientists to admit that they have no ******* idea what is going to happen.

Because  it's truly getting embarrassing at this point.

It's patently obvious that whatever models they're using are complete insufficient in making accurate predictions about anything climatological in either the long, medium or short terms. The hit rate is incredibly low, and if you look at a trajectory of predictions coming out of that field of science since the seventies, it reads like a schizophrenic flat-earther's note pad.

In the 70's, they predicted an impending ice-age. In the late eighties, the UN  stated that roughly 2000 Nations would be wiped off the earth by the year 2000 due to rising sea levels, and that the majority of beaches on the US East cost would be completely submerged by 2020. None of those things happened. In the year 2000, British Climatologists predicted there would be no virtually no snow in England within 5 years. Also didn't happen.

There are still Glaciers in Montana. Snowfall still persists. And on and on and on.

The disclaimer that climatologists have to excuse their ineptitude is twofold:

A) The science changes
B) The reason the climate Apocalypse hasn't happened is that climatologists saved the day by issuing warnings, which were heeded, and thus mitigated disaster.

On the first point, no; I'm sorry, but you don't just get to excuse the failures of your models by issuing retractions. This is no different from a weather report which reads 'mostly sunny with a possible chance of showers clearing'. Not only is that not a useful forecast, it isn't one at all. It's a Horoscope. Predicting every possible outcome is and being right 100% of the time isn't science and neither  is getting it right 50% of the time. I could get the same rate of success sans millions of dollars of instrumentation by flipping a ******* Penny.

The second point is very easily disproved, to a certainty. The world population has more than doubled since 1970, and CO2 emissions alone have increased by over 90%. 78% of that total is attributed to fossil fuels. In the US alone productivity increased nearly 300% from 1970 to 2021. That means a lot more people have been doing and making stuff, and burning dirty energy to do it.

So no. Just no. Whatever warnings ecologists issued way back when have not been heeded. They have been utterly ignored. And moreover, if the projections they made in the 70's were based on rates and levels of atmospheric particulates present atmospherically at that time, which they were, then they were categorically and disastrously wrong, because if they weren't things would be far worse than was presumed by those predictions.

TL:DR: Al Gore is a clown, and the only time I'll ever be reading an ICC climate change forecast is on the ****ter, shortly after printing it out, and before wiping my ass with it, in the event I have run out of toilet paper.

* Edited at 11.14.2021, 8:42 PM ET *

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,727  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,779
  • Post Score: 273

11.14.2021 | 8:05 PM ET

How the **** are polar bears gonna hunt with no ice? Tell me this. This is all that matters, the polar bears. I'm seriously. 

The thing is we can't trust these science ******* 

* Edited at 11.14.2021, 8:07 PM ET *

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

Page 5

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : It’s Not Just Winning For Victor Henry, It’s How He Wins
  • MMA Junkie : Title or not, Jamahal Hill says Alex Pereira rematch has to happen
  • MMA Mania : Video: Hill Praises Pereira’s ‘Gritty’ UFC 300 Ref Block
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Mike Perry, Thiago Alves engage in tense faceoff ahead of BKFC KnuckleMania IV showdown
  • MMA Junkie : Video: BKFC KnuckleMania 4 press conference faceoffs featuring UFC vets Mike Perry, Thiago Alves
  • MMA Junkie : Uros Medic: 'Somebody is going to get oiled up' if I get snubbed of bonus at UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Louisville announced with 13 fights already booked for the card
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo hopes Conor McGregor 'of old' shows up vs. Michael Chandler at UFC 303
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC lightweight Paddy Pimblett announces arrival of twin baby girls
  • MMA Mania : Copycat! Satoshi Mimicked Oliveira To Score Stellar Finish
  • MMA Junkie : Ariane Lipski plots her 'best performance ever' against Karine Silva at UFC on ESPN 55
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘This will be one of Canelo’s better performances’: Ellerbe expects showcase victory against Munguia
  • MMA Junkie : Video: BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight-week press conference live stream
  • MMA Junkie : Video: BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight-week press conference live stream (6 p.m. ET)
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 press conference video
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch BKFC KnuckleMania 4 press conference video live now
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 press conference video at 6 p.m. ET
  • MMA Junkie : UFC Louisville lineup announced: Dominick Reyes vs. Dustin Jacoby, but no main event official
  • MMA Mania : Wanna Bet Someone Misses Weight? Now You Can!
  • MMA Junkie : Ronda Rousey thinks Joe Rogan, media turned on her after knockout losses: 'They're a bunch of assh*les'