Tapology Forums

Wobble-shop Benjo: ****-wool raked up out the half-rats Skilamalink fly-rink O' Baldric Eggling.

Closed Thread

This thread has been closed to new posts.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

11.01.2021 | 6:35 PM ET

This thread will function as a kind of omnium gatherum for the melange of dissenting observations and opinions I have about MMA, MMA bouts and fighters, things I find humorous, and essentially any other thing. Why? Because sewage warrants proper curation as much as anything else. Arguably more.

Toshers and specklebellies welcome. No mutton-shunters, namby-pambys or needy-mizzlers. Pull up a stool and smother the parrot.

* Edited at 11.01.2021, 6:47 PM ET *

Closed Thread

This thread has been closed to new posts.

Responses Page 3

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,126  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,131
  • Post Score: 333

11.06.2021 | 7:33 AM ET

All for some screaming spoiled child to dump the pears on the floor and not even eat them 😂

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

11.06.2021 | 5:56 PM ET

Since we were just talking about TSLA and a possible musk selloff.......

Courtesy of WSB. I guess it's most of this guy's portfolio. LOL.

https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/643079845

Xconchris
Xconchris

11.07.2021 | 10:16 PM ET

And @Baldric is suspended ☚ī¸

How long this time @Greg?

TheWBush
TheWBush
  • Predictions:  243  |  84.0%
  • Forum Posts:  436
  • Post Score: 358

11.08.2021 | 12:00 PM ET

That is some **********in ****** **** piece of crap stinkin pile bull****** ****. The ****** guy is funny as hell and gets ****** hammered by the censors

* Edited at 11.08.2021, 12:03 PM ET *

"Say perhaps to drugs"

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,816  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,560
  • Post Score: 275

11.08.2021 | 1:18 PM ET

@xcon 24 hours

"I live, I die, I live again."

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

11.08.2021 | 4:38 PM ET

@Greg look, I'll try and engage a bit RE the 'Hate' thing. And I hope you won't ban me for trying to have a conversation. I hope we can at least talk about things.

So here's my current state of mind:

Everybody has the right to be offended. But nobody has the right to not be offended. In any society of free and equal people, nobody is ever exempt from criticism and/or satire. Unfortunately the free exchange of ideas incurs a price, and that is hearing thoughts and opinions one might not like. That is how we do things in the West. Dealing with that used to be considered part of what it meant to become an adult.

I don't know how old you are, but some of us were here long before various species of critical theory (which doesn't even gel in its unadulterated economic form, let alone a social kind)  begun fracturing society and social discourse into identity politics grievance ghettos for profit, and political gain. Universities are largely to blame for this, because they basically found a very cheap way to monetise absolute ******** Degrees which really serve no other function than to take young people out of the workforce, get them on the hook for debt and equip them only with the skill to make people hate one another. But that's a different conversation.

I don't know about you, but it seems to me--and I'm sure the majority would agree with me--this experiment isn't exactly playing out well. People see things like race more than ever before, divide themselves into racial hierarchies more than ever before, apportion blame based on race more than ever before. That's what happens when people try to explain every problem in the world as a consequence of various degrees of privilege, racial and otherwise. I'm sorry, but when Dave Chappelle or Larry Elders  are designated the faces of 'white supremacy', by the Washington Post, which is owned by Jeff Besos, who is as close to a real-world Dr Evil as has ever existed, we've taken a very wrong turn somewhere. 

And I outright reject the idea I'm only directing my acerbity at POC. Did you read what I wrote about Daukhaus? Meerschaert? What about the positive things I say about them? For example most recently Kamaru Usman, Adesanya, and Ngannou? Why doesn't any of that....count? It's like the ****tail party phenomena, except I get singled out whenever I saw anything negative about a fighter who is a minority. In truth, I am not even noticing whatever that is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/****tail_party_effect

It's true I don't like Zhang. I don't have to. It has nothing to do with the fact she's ethnically Chinese. It's not a racial issue. Peter Yan is ethnically Chinese, and he's one of my favourite fighters. I'm simply not willing to support any card-carrying Chinese fighter that refuses to denounce what China does on the regular, which includes welding people shut in buildings and the ongoing systematic genocide of the Uyghurs. The only reason the world collectively still has anything to do with them at all is because it's too much of a gravy train for too many people and enterprises. And I don't have to be OK with that, and never will be. And you should understand why that it is better than anybody. I might come across as a complete *******, but I do have certain principles that aren't up for negotiation. Contrary to popular belief, I am not  purely a misanthropic puerile Troll.And you can argue that maybe zhang doesn't have a choice. But I don't buy it. Speer said he just saw numbers on a page and didn't know what they were about. I don't buy that either. Do you? Everything starts somewhere.

Not that Zhang alone should be speaking up. The entire roster should be. But it's far closer to home for her. She's the one doing the walkout d****d in the flag. I don't know. Maybe the whole thing is kept so far under wraps and out of sight and out of mind that she genuinely doesn't know it's happening or doesn't believe it. But I doubt it. I doubt that she at least hasn't even heard about it.

I'm not trying to argue with you. I don't want to argue with anybody really. In fact when we're not talking about this ****, we get along very well and tend to agree on just about everything. I understand Tapology is your business, and you can't have 'hate' on the boards. I get it, believe me. You've worked your ass off for more than a decade to create this thing and you can't jeopardise that, and I understand that China is probably a whale market for you. It's not your fault that everybody is hysterical about everything now, I don't blame you for rendering unto Cesar.  You didn't create this world.

I'm only asking that you save the ban hammer or the genuine article.  But regardless, thank you for not giving me a ten yearer or whatever right out of the gate.

* Edited at 11.08.2021, 4:38 PM ET *

Xconchris
Xconchris

11.08.2021 | 5:00 PM ET

Ill defend Zhang for the fact, it is easy for us in free countries to ask her to stand up against the Chinese government and speak out against the atrocities.

If she did that,she would disappear, he name would be erased from the Chinese internet, her family would be tortured and jailed. her friends and coaches lives would be destroyed. Asking her to be a Martyr when almost everyone of use would do the same thing in her situation. Keep her mouth shut and fight, and thank the mob government. Death might not be the worst scenario for people that speak out either. Concentration camp is worst then death.

They Made a Billionaire Jack Ma go missing for a brief period of time. A Fly like Zhang is much easier. The world gets mad, then they forget, and shes still dead or worse

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,536
  • Post Score: 262

11.08.2021 | 5:06 PM ET

@fishrat

What do you think of Joe Biden???? I think he doing well. I think you like him too with him being your wallpaper. 

FYI. I have a duck fetish

* Edited at 11.08.2021, 5:09 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

11.08.2021 | 5:07 PM ET

@Chris it's a fair point. But that's also exactly how it happens. Every time. Life isn't easy, and never has been.
Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

11.08.2021 | 5:09 PM ET

@ Duck give me a little credit, kiddo. I'm not going to get baited into a rant about Poopy pants. And some things are self-evident anyway. I don't need to say anything about that at all.
Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

11.08.2021 | 5:15 PM ET

Don't always agree with Bill Maher....

But he's spot on here.

* Edited at 11.08.2021, 5:15 PM ET *

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

11.08.2021 | 5:22 PM ET

Has it figured out the bit rate of reality and is subsequently capable of printing it?

TheWBush
TheWBush
  • Predictions:  243  |  84.0%
  • Forum Posts:  436
  • Post Score: 358

11.08.2021 | 5:37 PM ET

You were put on a timeout cause you hate weilli. Thats some grade a ******** t-mart

"Say perhaps to drugs"

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

11.08.2021 | 5:52 PM ET

Australian anon sums up the Pandemic:

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,252  |  64.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,243
  • Post Score: 137

11.08.2021 | 6:55 PM ET

"He called the **** poop!" sorry couldn't help myself.

"Weasel Piss *********" Dan Hooker

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,816  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,560
  • Post Score: 275

11.08.2021 | 7:33 PM ET

@Wbush I don't intend to discuss this in any detail with you, but he has been previously banned from this website. Tolerating him coming back despite being banned means he needs to be very careful on topics where he has a history of offending half the people on this forum.

"I live, I die, I live again."

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

11.08.2021 | 8:20 PM ET

@Greg half? No way. Surely?

Anyway, it's easier said than done. I'm trying not to overstep the mark, but I don't really know where that is. As I've said before I have a vague notion but I'm not certain.
Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

11.08.2021 | 9:33 PM ET

I don't even know where to begin

talking about how ******** this is. Jesus Christ. 

The Author goes on to say:

As people shifting their habits drastically in response to the pandemic, they spent much less and saved more. Even though millions of Americans lost their jobs, enhanced unemployment benefits and stimulus payments left many of them better off not worse. And the stock market, after initially falling, boomed.

Imagine writing an article about how inflation is a good thing yet failing to comprehend what it even is, or what it means, for money. This imbecile literally doesn't understand that inflation hurts people's savings, or how the economic phenomena and spending habits he touts as positives are literally what is causing inflation in the first place. It's a completely dadaistic argument.  It's actually like saying 'Yes, I'm eating my own ****, but I'll never be hungry again'.

On top of that, the general economy has nothing to do with the stock market. In 2021 the stock market ( especially SPY) breaking records is an ill omen, not an indicator of business confidence.

A lot of people are going to **** a brick when they figure out, finally, that you can print as much money as you like, and hand out as much of it as you like, and so long as you manage its velocity you can stave off disaster. Not forever. But for a time. But what you can't do ever is print Goods and Commodities. And if employees in  the service industries are getting paid the same or better not to turn up.....well, how is it a bad business or life decision to actually punch in?

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,536
  • Post Score: 262

11.08.2021 | 9:49 PM ET

Can we all just agree polical correctness is the best thing about society and everyone who got canceled derseve to be because they are awful people

"Quack quack quack"

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

11.08.2021 | 9:55 PM ET

Pretty sure it was the Dalai Lama who said this.

Page 3

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• PFL 3 Tapology coverage is now live
  • Tyler Diamond vs. Otto Rodrigues - Round 2 is in progress.
  • Join the PFL 3 live discussion
  • Tapology Picks: Otto Rodrigues 72% Tyler Diamond 28%
  • Otto Rodrigues (14-1-0) RN, BR is the #86th Pro Mens Featherweight in Brazil.
  • Tyler Diamond (12-3-0) CA, US.
  • PFL 3 features 12 MMA bouts
  • The event takes place from Wintrust Arena in Chicago, Illinois