Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Sandhagen vs. Dillashaw

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,251
  • Post Score: 47

04.06.2021 | 4:51 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 07.24.2021 at 04:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN
  • Name: UFC Fight Night: Sandhagen vs. Dillashaw
  • Also Known As: UFC on ESPN 27
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UFC APEX
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Brendan Fitzgerald, Dominick Cruz, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Daniel Cormier
  • TV Ratings: 868,000 avg. viewers (1.3M peak, 469k ESPN prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 11
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
T.J. Dillashaw   defeats   Cory Sandhagen   via Decision, Split   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Raulian Paiva   defeats   Kyler Phillips   via Decision, Majority   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Darren Elkins   defeats   Darrick Minner   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   3:48 Round 2 of 3, 8:48 Total Bout Page
Maycee Barber   defeats   Miranda Maverick   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Adrian Yanez   defeats   Randy Costa   via KO/TKO, Punches   2:11 Round 2 of 3, 7:11 Total Bout Page
Brendan Allen   defeats   Punahele Soriano   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Nassourdine Imavov   defeats   Ian Heinisch   via KO/TKO, Knee to Ground and Pound   3:09 Round 2 of 3, 8:09 Total Bout Page
Mickey Gall   defeats   Jordan Williams   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   2:57 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Julio Arce   defeats   Andre Ewell   via KO/TKO, Punches   3:45 Round 2 of 3, 8:45 Total Bout Page
Sijara Eubanks   defeats   Elise Reed   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   3:49 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Diana Belbiţă   defeats   Hannah Goldy   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 5

Pezzie
Pezzie
  • Predictions:  1,054  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  107
  • Post Score: -23

07.19.2021 | 11:00 PM ET

Predictions: 2 of 11 Winners, 0 Perfect, 100 Points   |   Tied for 3364th

"never tell me the odds."

Pezzie
Pezzie

07.19.2021 | 11:03 PM ET

Anthony David 24
Anthony David 24
  • Predictions:  502  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  11
  • Post Score: 136

07.19.2021 | 11:49 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 1 of 4 Winners, 0 Perfect, 65 Points   |   Tied for 3503rd

Sandhagen vs. Dillashaw
Cory Sandhagen, DEC
The Battle with the CEO of EPO "Killashaw"  VS Lanky Boy Sandhagen. T.J. coming back from the suspension probably wont help him here against a surging fighter like Sandhagen winning his last two fights in style, T.J.s confidence is at a all-time low that RAD-140 not pumping through his blood, Confidence isn't there anymore. I think Cory handles business here in a tough fight, could see TJ taking a round maybe two if he plays his cards right, but ultimately Cory will win by Decision or a late round TKO stoppage.

"Giv'em The Three Piece With the Soda"

Thewelshguy1998
Thewelshguy1998
  • Predictions:  604  |  58.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,054
  • Post Score: 242

07.20.2021 | 12:03 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 305 Points   |   Tied for 945th

Now daukas out I don't know wether to put yanez or sandhagen in parlay with kyler Phillips , would anyone say darrick minner is a lock ?
Erison
Erison
  • Predictions:  1,698  |  65.4%
  • Forum Posts:  4,896
  • Post Score: 227

07.20.2021 | 1:04 AM ET

Predictions: 3 of 9 Winners, 1 Perfect, 200 Points   |   Tied for 2377th

I've tentatively got:

Minner, Phillips, Yanez, Sandhagen.

I was going with Daukaus too, but I'm actually thankful they pushed that fight a week. I was gonna be sweating that one.
DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,792  |  66.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,565
  • Post Score: 262

07.20.2021 | 4:18 AM ET

Duck's Picks- More dropping throgh out the week

Predictions: 4 of 11 Winners, 0 Perfect, 215 Points   |   Tied for 2086th

Darrick Minner beat Darren Elkins
Fully expecting K1 Minner here, I don't think you can just spam takedown on Elkins. But at this point I think Minner might just knock out Elkins on the feet for some reason. I don't know much about Minner stand up but Elkins is pretty shot at this point, 2 years ago, He got piece up on the feet by Ryan Hall of all people, Getting dropped twice by him also. Dude dropped Charles Rosa in his last fight and now Elkins Chinny so who know. And I think Elkins have to play with fire to win, Minner Jiu-jitsu is real legit, So he could try wrestle him, I'm honestly not confident in that path for either guy, As Elkins be real tough to submit as he a tough MF who only sub loss is to Charles Olivera, So doesn't really count as it Charles Olivera, And he could win by top control if Minner fails subs, But at the same time, Minner jiu-jitsu is legit. The main reason why I'm picking Minner is dude might be the most improving UFC fighter their is, I think Tieoken said he move to James Krause gym so that explains why, And I think Elkins is doing the opposite, Getting much worst with every fight  Might put money on Minner ITD. One last point, I'm careful betting the Minner money line as a favourite, dude record is 26-11, So dude in-consentent, And I think dude a guy you bet as a dog and not a favourite, As dude could loss to the vetoren

Brandon Allen Beat Punahlele Soriano
Why the ****s is this fight on the prelims, And not the co-main, This fight a banger and Micky Gall on the main card  over this fight, UFC match order is wack . Now get to the fight, The big unknown is Punahele grappling defence, No one tried to take him down, I think at worst ,dude still can stop a takedown or two, Dude is pretty big, And look quite talented, And the takedown defence is unkown, Brandon Allen is a monster on the ground, Dude submetted Kevin Hollond, Vettori and Brunson couldn't do that and dude has a good takedown, I think Allen could submitted him if he that as his. My biggest worry is that he try to be Lumpinee Brandon Allen and not shoot a single take down agaist  Puna, Dude would get hurt quicker then he did when he made Strickland look like a knockout artest .I'm also not saying not stand up with Puna, I'm saying not just standup with Puna, Use what brought you to the dance, It good to be more divest style, I use this analogy, More ingredient is great and adds more flavour to the meal, But when the new ingredient takes over you game, 

Adrian Yanez beat Randy Costa
what a fight, Another banger. But a part of me think Costa should of gotten an easier fight,  But respect to him tho as dude is only 6-1, Way more balls then that Tik Tok star who fights 9-4 guy , Also he Training out Joe Lauzon gym, Dude good or have tons of potential to be ranked to be sign at 3-0.  Dude also has tons of power, Sleeping his last 2 guys real quick, But I'm picking Yanez as I think dude has great hands, power and the chances of him getting meme finish is real unlikely as dude boxing is real good and it's batamweight. Also Costa gassed out quick vs Brandon Davis. But I haven't check the odds, But I think Yanez be a -300 or 400 favourte and derseve to be. But Costa is dangerous and has so much more time to improve, So you be a fool to think he the same guy who fought Brandon Davis, I think they could be value on Costa if he some crazy dog as Yanez is kinda hype.

P.s Yanez should of fought Tik Tok star, And Costa should of fought Smolka/Montino. O"malley need legimacy and Yanez would give him that over a win, And Costa need experince, Smolka/Montino would of gave him that

* Edited at 07.20.2021, 4:21 AM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

FireFist45
FireFist45
  • Predictions:  5,900  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,137
  • Post Score: 163

07.20.2021 | 5:42 AM ET

Predictions: 3 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 200 Points   |   Tied for 2377th

@Card - so you are saying she has a built-in excuse already....  Great news !!  Now I don't know who to pick now. 
lol

Cory Sandhagen will win by submission vs TJ Dillashaw.   TJ will probably last maybe 1 or 2 rounds then get subbed.  Cory was asking Dana for this fight for a long time. He is trying to build up his legacy list .. to show he defeated the big names of his division and deserves a Title shot. 

Everyone knows that Aljo Sterling is sitting on the belt and trying to hang on to it as long as possible because deep down he knows -  Petr Yan is just too much man for him.  At least he got to taste what it felt like to be defeated and hopeless. 
Dankmemes112
Dankmemes112
  • Predictions:  1,105  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  245
  • Post Score: 294

07.20.2021 | 5:55 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 3 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 225 Points   |   Tied for 2048th

Eubanks vs. Reed
Sijara Eubanks, DEC
Reed is really good, but the issue here is that she's moving up a weight class and fighting a woman who's naturally big for 125. Eubanks is a great wrestler and if she can get her weight perfect she can do well in this division, Reed has shown some solid TDD in the past but I'm not sure how well it'll hold up against someone much bigger than her. Reed has a clear advantage on the feet, she needs to do everything possible to keep it there otherwise she's going to get trapped on the bottom all night

GhostAndDarkness
GhostAndDarkness
  • Predictions:  352  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  84
  • Post Score: 210

07.20.2021 | 6:50 AM ET

Sarj weight issues.

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 290 Points   |   Tied for 1105th

Hot takes on the Eubanks fight with weight concerns. 

Sarj hasn’t fought at 125 since 2018 in a decision over Roxanne Modifari. She went up in weight to 135 after that  because she struggles to cut to 125. She even missed weight coming in at 127 for that fight. On the TUF she cried and tried to quit the show trying to get down to this weight. Then she goes 2-4 I her last six fights at 135 where her size advantage and strength were equal to her competition but the weight cut was easier. Why at her older age is it assumed that her cut back to 125 would be any easier or less draining? It’s an interesting question. 

I guess my thought is this: if Sarj actually makes weight I’m betting against her because she will be sucked out and drained and primed for an upset. But if she comes in at say 129 and they keep the fight on, then my money flips to her because she didn’t try hard in the cut and will maintain most of her strength and gas tank. 

Thoughts?

"You’ve been hit…. and its up to you whether you want to get up."

Tieoken
Tieoken
  • Predictions:  1,977  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,620
  • Post Score: 313

07.20.2021 | 8:53 AM ET

Predictions: 4 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 275 Points   |   Tied for 1300th

@Damien, yeah he moved to GloryMMA after he lost to Grant Dawson cause Krause kinda recruited him. Minner has a rapidly advancing skill set, his biggest inconsistency has always been cardio in the second/third. But he looked solid against Rosa, I haven’t trained with Minner since before his TJ fight so I can’t say for sure

"I’m here to snatch necks and cash checks" - Darrick Minner

JazzyGoeffry
JazzyGoeffry
  • Predictions:  2,188  |  56.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 200

07.20.2021 | 8:56 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 350 Points   |   Tied for 552nd

Sandhagen vs. Dillashaw
T.J. Dillashaw, DEC
He was always Juicing.

Ladd vs. Chiasson
Macy Chiasson, TKO, R3
She can't bark her way to victory on this one.

Phillips vs. Paiva
Kyler Phillips, DEC
Paiva can't do the Matrix lean back.

Elkins vs. Minner
Darrick Minner, DEC
Too much damage recieved

Barber vs. Maverick
Maycee Barber, DEC
I don't know how but Judgement Day is ineviteble

Gall vs. Williams
Jordan Williams, DEC
Legend Killer beats Diabetes

Soriano vs. Allen
Brendan Allen, SUB, R3
Not a striker no more, Father Plan

Heinisch vs. Imavov
Ian Heinisch, DEC
Strong Square shaped man wrestles to a split decision

Yanez vs. Costa
Adrian Yanez, DEC
Jorge before he becomes a journeyman, back and forth. FOTN

Arce vs. Ewell
Andre Ewell, DEC
Judges love a Jab

Eubanks vs. Reed
Sijara Eubanks, DEC
Elise Reed Fighting up a weight class. Only factor for her to win

Belbiţă vs. Goldy
Diana Belbiţă, TKO, R3
Muscle lady gets tired, goes night night against taller and longer fighter

Voodoowizzy
Voodoowizzy
  • Predictions:  1,752  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2,005
  • Post Score: 141

07.20.2021 | 10:11 AM ET

Predictions: 3 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 215 Points   |   Tied for 2238th

@jazzy some risky picks there I’ll be surprised if you land even half of them 

"Lets go!!!!!!!!!!!"

Dankmemes112
Dankmemes112

07.20.2021 | 10:34 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Arce vs. Ewell
Andre Ewell, DEC
Going with the underdog, however it's just really close. Arce is moving down a division which would be interesting to see, he has a solid head kick and his boxing is decent but I think Ewell can do a good job at utilising his long arms and legs whilst being more active. Arce can't just stand there, he does this sometimes, he needs to be aggressive and look to take this fight to the ground because his grappling is solid. I just think Ewell gets it done in a close one, his activity will be key

CrimsonChinGuru
CrimsonChinGuru
  • Predictions:  3,146  |  64.1%
  • Forum Posts:  10,574
  • Post Score: 108

07.20.2021 | 11:02 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 2 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 125 Points   |   Tied for 3246th

Gall vs. Williams
Jordan Williams, TKO, R2
GnP'd by DIEGO CTE SANCHEZ, WILLIAMS GND RND 2

Eubanks vs. Reed
Sijara Eubanks, SUB, R2
Body size and strength

Belbiţă vs. Goldy
Diana Belbiţă, DEC
Goldy in and out gets lazy, lets see how those muscles hold up after rnd 1. She's a single mom 🤔 cannot be easy

"They killed Jesus for speaking the truth..."

CrimsonChinGuru
CrimsonChinGuru
  • Predictions:  3,146  |  64.1%
  • Forum Posts:  10,574
  • Post Score: 108

07.20.2021 | 11:06 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 2 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 125 Points   |   Tied for 3246th

Barber vs. Maverick
Miranda Maverick
Maverick just overall more technical, Barbar out here trying crack n hits wind

Soriano vs. Allen
Punahele Soriano, TKO, R1
Punahele puts people out, Allen is then to be put out

Heinisch vs. Imavov
Ian Heinisch, DEC
Imavov as the fight goes got really sloppy against Hawes, Heinisch having a major step down and could possibly get better as time goes

Yanez vs. Costa
Randy Costa, DEC
Yanez this, Yanez that..... baby masvidal my ass, gimme COSTA baby Vline GANG

Arce vs. Ewell
Andre Ewell, DEC
Ewell Reach and ability to stay on feet.

"They killed Jesus for speaking the truth..."

Lois Waterford
Lois Waterford
  • Predictions:  370  |  58.1%
  • Forum Posts:  11
  • Post Score: 227

07.20.2021 | 11:48 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 4 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 265 Points   |   Tied for 1503rd

Sandhagen vs. Dillashaw
Cory Sandhagen, TKO, R3
T.J. Dillashaw is coming of a knockout loss and he hasn´t fought in over 2 years. This sould be a fun fight but I just think that Cory Sandhagen is on another level right now.

Ladd vs. Chiasson
Aspen Ladd, DEC
Should be a close fight, but I believe that Aspen will be able to ground and pound her way to the victory. Won't be surprised if Macy Chiasson wins, cause she will have the size advantage and Ladd hasn't fought in almost 2 years.

Phillips vs. Paiva
Kyler Phillips, DEC
I'm glad Raulian Paiva is coming up to 135lbs, however, I think that he'll struggle against Phillips who's a very consistent and well rounded fighter that has looked great in the UFC.

Elkins vs. Minner
Darrick Minner, SUB, R3
Interesting fight between a very tough veteran (Elkins) and a guy who started his UFC career recently. I see this fight taking place on the mat, where I give the advantage to Minner.

Barber vs. Maverick
Maycee Barber, DEC
I see a lot of guys counting Barber out, but don't forget she actually looked pretty good in her last fight against Grasso (even tho she lost it). The way I see it, if Maycee can keep this fight standing, she should be able to get the victory.

Gall vs. Williams
Jordan Williams, TKO, R1
I just think that Williams is the most experienced and well rounded fighter out of these 2. IMO Gall is a bit of a one dimensional fighter and I believe he'll have issues dealing with the Jordan's size and heavy hands.

Soriano vs. Allen
Punahele Soriano, TKO, R2
Punahele Soriano is one of my favorite prospects at the moment. I also think that Brendan Allen is a very talented athlete but I just think he won't be able to absorve well the heavy punches that Soriano throws.

Heinisch vs. Imavov
Ian Heinisch, DEC
This looks like a very close fight to me, I had struggles in predicting this one. I'm going with Heinisch, probably cause he's the more experienced fighter but I won't be surprised if Imavov gets the win.

Yanez vs. Costa
Adrian Yanez, TKO, R3
This has 'Fight of the Night' written all over it, I really think that these 2 tough guys will stand and bang until one of them falls.

Arce vs. Ewell
Andre Ewell, DEC
I know that Ewell is an underdog but I just feel like he'll find a way to make this a close fight in order to get a split decision win

Eubanks vs. Reed
Sijara Eubanks, DEC
Elise Reed is an excellent striker and I'm really excited for her debut. However, she'll be fighting up a weight class against Sijara Eubanks who's big for 125. The way I see it, Eubanks will probably dominate the fight on the ground for 3 rounds.

Belbiţă vs. Goldy
Diana Belbiţă, DEC
Diana will be HUGE next to Hannah Goldy, so I think she'll manage to get a decision win here if she keeps this fight on the feet.

Pineapple Express
Pineapple Express
  • Predictions:  1,651  |  62.1%
  • Forum Posts:  30
  • Post Score: 57

07.20.2021 | 2:55 PM ET

Cory Sandhagen vs. T.J. Dillashaw

Predictions: 4 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 255 Points   |   Tied for 1579th

Руки на стол! Карманный бильярд закончится честь по чести... Песочный мешок удавит одноглазого змееныша. Да, тоскливо, но эта стерва сама подсыпала мне в чай стероид. Пришло время подмазывать колеса. Короче, кто давал два барашка в бумажку сам знает, не взываю к совести, но на зубах едкий вкус голимого шваха. За ЭТО будешь держать ответ, поцоканый гнус!!!

Cory Sandhagen, TKO, 2 round

"I'm not your mommy or your daddy, son"

Dankmemes112
Dankmemes112

07.20.2021 | 4:09 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Yanez vs. Costa
Adrian Yanez, TKO, R2
This one is so interesting. It's a big step up for either guy really, Yanez has such sharp hands and his counter striking ability is so good. He stays patient and picks his shots and never really makes many mistakes. Costa is a beast as well and Yanez really has to watch out for that high kick, however I think Yanez is faster and more precise with his shots, Costa will try to be aggressive and because of that I see him eating a few counter shots until he gets finished

Pezzie
Pezzie

07.20.2021 | 4:59 PM ET

Volatyle
Volatyle
  • Predictions:  495  |  55.8%
  • Forum Posts:  153
  • Post Score: 58

07.20.2021 | 5:41 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 0 Perfect, 315 Points   |   Tied for 861st

Kcoh mma, I Sent you a challenge. If you're so much better, accept and prove it.

* Edited at 07.20.2021, 5:41 PM ET *

Page 5

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie Radio #3461: Daniel Cormier and Austin O'Connor interviews, UFC preview, more
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia extend partnership for another event, sponsorship deal
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley aims for 'viral moment' in St. Louis homecoming fight at UFC on ESPN 56
  • MMA Mania : Dolidze Vs. Pereira Added To UFC Louisville
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC heavyweight Tai Tuivasa to appear on The Amazing Race Australia
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jared Cannonier Was Offered Paulo Costa At UFC 301, Admits Next Fight ‘Wasn’t What I Wanted’
  • MMA Mania : Jones: ‘Intern’ Champ Aspinall ‘Just As Selfish’ To Wait For Undisputed Title Fight
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘This is retirement for him’: Kambosos expects to end Lomachenko’s career with KO
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘This is retirement for him’: George Kambosos expects to end Vasiliy Lomachenko’s career with KO
  • Middle Easy : Stipe Miocic Reveals Timeline For Jon Jones Fight as ‘Bones’ Doubles Down on Ducking Tom Aspinall
  • UFC.com : Road To UFC Season 3 Matchups
  • MMA Junkie : Jared Cannonier vs. Nassourdine Imavov headlines UFC Fight Night in Louisville
  • MMA Junkie : Islam Makhachev predicts guillotine choke will lead to Dustin Poirier's downfall at UFC 302
  • MMA Mania : PFL MENA Weigh Ins Results, Staredowns!
  • MMAFighting.com : Derrick Lewis thought Popeyes was key to longevity, believes he’s in his prime ahead of UFC St. Louis
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 1 star Art ‘One Glove’ Jimmerson dies at 60
  • MMA Junkie : Jon Jones steadfast in Stipe Miocic fight over unifying UFC titles: 'I’m in the middle of a pretty clear decision'
  • MMAFighting.com : Roman Dolidze vs. Michel Pereira set for UFC Louisville
  • MMA Mania : Is UFC Leaving ESPN For Netflix?
  • UFC.com : Art Jimmerson, 1963 - 2024