Tapology Forums

The PPC Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,304  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,311
  • Post Score: 285

03.01.2021 | 1:12 PM ET

This is the official thread for the PPC (Pink Prediction Championship) fantasy game series that I run. I have listed all the previous winners of the PPC on my profile page and will continue to update it after every PPC. If anyone wants to know any other stats or records about the PPC, just ask!

The PPC (Pink Prediction Championship) is a points-based game where up to 16 users compete. It’s free to enter but then again there are also no chips to be won but for what it’s worth, I’ll follow the winner (or winners in the event of a tie) of each PPC, along with a congratulations comment on their wall and an invite to the next PPC. 2nd and 3rd place (including any joint 2nd or 3rd places) will get a congratulations comment on their wall. The reason for this is that I don’t want anyone to want to join the game but not being able to afford to while also still having some kind of prize structure (although not much of one) but it is just a friendly competition after all! The only people to get invites will be the previous champion (or champions in the event of a tie) because I want to make this an open competition and if I invited everyone I wanted to invite then all 16 places would fill up very quickly.

Every PPC is made up of:

• 1 MMA event

• 1 Boxing event

• 1 UFC event

The idea is that this should test your general MMA knowledge (1 MMA event), your Boxing knowledge (1 Boxing event) and your mainstream MMA knowledge (1 UFC event) so that in theory, the winner of each PPC is the one with the best all-round combat sports knowledge.

There is also a PPC group that anyone is welcome to join (I’ll accept all requests. If I don’t accept you straight away, it’s because I’m either at work, sleeping or otherwise busy). This group will have a records thread that lists the full tables of every PPC and any other random threads that are created by the members. The group leaderboard will only include the MMA/Boxing/UFC events used in the PPC’s. You can find it in the Pick ‘Em Groups section.

This is designed as a friendly league and is solely for fun. Hopefully it will also act as a good introduction to the fantasy games for new users or users that have never taken part in fantasy games before while also providing an opportunity for them to meet regular fantasy players. If you are looking for a fantasy game with some fantasy chips involved, then I highly recommend the “Most Painful Picks” and “Seagalski Elimination Series” run by Steven Seagalski, the “Shark Cups” run by Rombu and the monthly boxing games and UFC games run by Mikey1903 they are well worth checking out! Ask them for more info on their respective fantasy competitions.

There will only be one PPC running at any one time otherwise I’d just confuse myself. If you have any questions, even stupid ones, just ask! Anyway, if you’re interested then head on over to the fantasy games and look for one titled “PPC” followed by a number. I hope to see you soon and good luck!

* Edited at 03.01.2021, 1:13 PM ET *

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Responses Page 11

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

06.13.2022 | 10:39 PM ET

@Hippie

Of course mate, I've just sent you and invite! It's great to have you back on here, I thought you'd gone forever!

Hippie
Hippie

06.13.2022 | 10:41 PM ET

Thank you.  Long story, maybe I’ll share one day.
Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

06.13.2022 | 10:43 PM ET

@Hippie

Hope you're well mate, that's the most important thing!

Hippie
Hippie

06.13.2022 | 10:53 PM ET

Thank you.

Getting by atm.  Yes, health is number one.

I forgot how much work it was picking every fight on Tapology.  WoW!
I’ve not even looked around at all the threads yet.
Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

06.13.2022 | 11:01 PM ET

@Hippie

TBH, I don't pick every fight and event anymore. It just became too much to keep up with. I still pick all the major ones and some of the smaller ones I like but gone are the days where I'd be picking every single one. I also found my enjoyment of the site increased massively after I stopped forcing myself to pick everything so now I only pick the ones that I actually want to pick. 

Hippie
Hippie

06.13.2022 | 11:09 PM ET

I appreciate that idea and opinion.

I think before I was chasing belts and awards/etc.  (and that’s ok)

I’m in a different mind frame so totally different this time around.

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

06.13.2022 | 11:15 PM ET

@Hippie

I still care about the belts and awards a little bit as I think they're a really cool feature of the site but I don't really go out of my way to get them anymore. 

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

06.19.2022 | 7:06 PM ET

PPC 81 Results!

The wait for someone to win the PPC 3 times in a row continues as @hunterp's reign came to an end! Congratulations to @Judo for winning his 3rd separate PPC title to go with his PPC 41 & 70 titles! As the current PPC Champion, you will receive an invite to the PPC 82 when I set it up shortly!

Well done to @Fremen for coming 2nd on his PPC debut no less which has only happened once before when when @kush0331 finished in 2nd on his debut back in the PPC PPC 43! A very impressive debut! Well done as well to @trackandfield for finishing 3rd!

Our ghost player @Schatte finished in 5th with 2,305 points.

Finally, I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone for taking part and I hope to see you in the PPC 82 when I set it up shortly!

The full PPC 81 table can be found here:
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/50130

JReynolds47
JReynolds47
  • Predictions:  12,551  |  72.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,516
  • Post Score: 13

06.19.2022 | 7:15 PM ET

**** im 0-2.

"Jarno Errens, Damir Hadzovic"

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

06.19.2022 | 7:17 PM ET

@JReynolds47

Don't worry mate, I'm 6 - 75 and I run the bloody thing lol!

* Edited at 06.19.2022, 7:17 PM ET *

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

06.19.2022 | 8:00 PM ET

The PPC 82 is now open!

The PPC 82 is an 8 event game. The events are:

• MMA Series 53
  • PFL 5: 2022 Regular Season
  • Bellator 282: Mousasi VS Eblen
  • Ares FC 7: Abdoul VS Amoussou
  • Cage Warriors 140: McKee VS Burlinson
  • Break Through: Eggington VS Zysk (boxing)
  • UFC Fight Night: Tsarukyan VS Gamrot
  • Rodriguez VS Rungvisai

Good luck!
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/50298

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

06.27.2022 | 8:56 AM ET

PPC 82 Results!

Congratulations to @hunterp who has now won his 14th PPC Title! For comparison, the person with the 2nd most wins is @pureincognito with 7 wins so not only is @hunterp the all time leader, he's now won twice as many as the 2nd all time leader! It also means he's now won 3 of the last 4 PPC's! As the current PPC Champion, you will receive an invite to the PPC 83 when I set it up shortly!

Well done as well to @PriscillaMelo for finishing in 2nd and to @jonnyboy6969 who has come 3rd on his PPC debut!

Our defending PPC Champion and ghost player @Judo finished in 12th with 3,470 points.

Finally, I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone for taking part and I hope to see you in the PPC 83 when I set it up shortly!

The full PPC table can be found here:
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/50298

* Edited at 06.27.2022, 8:56 AM ET *

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

06.27.2022 | 9:16 AM ET

The PPC 83 is now open!

The PPC 83 is an 8 event game. The events are:

• Octagon 32: Mamojonov VS Ruzbakiev
  • PFL 6: 2022 Regular Season
  • Cuarto VS Valladares (boxing)
  • RIZIN 36
  • Briedis VS Opetaia (boxing)
  • UAE Warriors 30
  • UFC 276: Adesanya VS Cannonier
  • UAE Warriors 31: Arabia

Good luck!
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/50586

tepid55
tepid55
  • Predictions:  52,278  |  75.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,339
  • Post Score: 168

07.07.2022 | 10:46 AM ET

When will the next PPC game be open to join?
Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

07.07.2022 | 8:48 PM ET

@tepid55

The next one (PPC 84) will be available soon, probably tomorrow as we had to wait a little while for the UAE cards to come in on the PPC 83. I haven't done one for this week as the PPC 83 went on too long so when I open the next one, it will be for next week's events so that everyone has enough time to think about and make their picks.

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

07.10.2022 | 9:59 PM ET

PPC 83 Results!

Apologies about the wait as there we're still a few results that we were waiting on and I was also busy this week but I can now confirm we have a brand new PPC Champion! Congratulations to @Sigu for winning his first ever PPC Title! This is also the first time he's finished in the top 3 and hopefully this will be the first of many PPC wins!  As the current PPC Champion, you will receive an invite to the PPC 84 when I set it up shortly!

Well done as well to @JReynolds47 for finishing in 2nd which is also the first time you've finished in the top 3 as well! Well done to @Schatte for finishing in 3rd and maintaining his status as a consistent top 3 finisher!

As for our ghost player @pureincognito, he finished in 6th with 3,440 points.

Finally, I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone for taking part and of course for your patience as this game didn't go as smoothly as we'd have liked and I hope to see you guys in the PPC 84!

The full PPC 83 table can be found here:
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/50586

* Edited at 07.10.2022, 9:59 PM ET *

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

07.10.2022 | 10:34 PM ET

The PPC 84 is now open!

The PPC 84 is an 8 event game. The events are:

• CFFC 110: Alequin VS Radtke
  • LFA 136: Rio de Janeiro VS São Paulo
  • Barboza VS Zorrilla (boxing)
  • Eagle FC 48 & Naiza FC 41
  • EFC 95
  • UFC on ABC 3: Ortega VS Rodriguez
  • Garcia VS Fortuna (boxing)
  • Pancrase 328

Good luck!
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/51112

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

07.24.2022 | 2:17 PM ET

PPC 84 Results!

We had to wait an extra week for the Eagle FC 48 & Naiza FC 41 card to be confirmed but we now have a new PPC Champion! Congratulations to @JReynolds47 for winning his first ever PPC Title! He came second in the PPC 83 last time and has gone one better this time around! As the current PPC Champion, you will receive an invite to the PPC 85 when I set it up shortly!

Well done as well to the PPC 83 Champion @Sigu for coming 2nd and almost retaining his title! Seems funny to think that the 1st and 2nd placed guys have swapped around this time! I also ended up finishing in 3rd.

Finally, I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone for their patience and I hope to see you in the PPC 85 when I set it up shortly!

The full PPC 84 table can be found here:
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/51112

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

07.24.2022 | 2:49 PM ET

The PPC 85 is now open!

The PPC 85 is an 8 event game. The events are:

• Contender Series 2022: Week 1
  • CFFC 111: Lee VS Beard
  • LFA 137: Gibson VS Amil
  • MMA Series 54: Triumph
  • Billam Smith VS Chamberlain (boxing)
  • UFC 277: Peña VS Nunes 2
  • Garcia VS Benavidez (boxing)
  • RIZIN 37

Good luck!
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/51644

Sigu
Sigu
  • Predictions:  17,703  |  79.1%
  • Forum Posts:  176
  • Post Score: 204

07.25.2022 | 11:47 AM ET

Hello Stephen Terry, I would like to be a ghost player in PPC 85

* Edited at 07.25.2022, 11:47 AM ET *

Page 11

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : Predictions: Will Jose Ramirez and Vergil Ortiz Jr shine on Saturday?
  • MMA Mania : Meet PFL’s Latest Flyweight Signing, Melissa Balic!
  • Jits Magazine : Elijah Dorsey To Challenge Max Hanson For Welterweight Title At Enigma Invitational 15
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Buckley Lands UFC St. Louis Co-Main Vs. Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Just continue being the best’: Crawford looks forward to upcoming title fight with Madrimov
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Gets New Opponent For Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Terence Crawford vs. Israil Madrimov official; Isaac Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr. on undercard
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereira’s Wrestling To Ben Askren’s Striking: ‘Such A Deficiency’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows That’
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau done with Manel Kape bookings, focused on title shot after UFC on ESPN 55 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight card: Perry vs. Alves
  • Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann claims he hasn't watched tape on Bogdan Guskov ahead of UFC on ESPN 55 co-main bout
  • MMA Mania : Keep $300K Bonuses! ‘It Can’t Go Back’
  • MMAFighting.com : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev announced for UFC St. Louis co-headliner
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ‘It’s Weird To See’
  • MMAFighting.com : Cain Velasquez attempted murder trial set to begin in September
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo confirms UFC 301 final fight on contract, hints at boxing match at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson