Tapology Forums

The PPC Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,304  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,315
  • Post Score: 285

03.01.2021 | 1:12 PM ET

This is the official thread for the PPC (Pink Prediction Championship) fantasy game series that I run. I have listed all the previous winners of the PPC on my profile page and will continue to update it after every PPC. If anyone wants to know any other stats or records about the PPC, just ask!

The PPC (Pink Prediction Championship) is a points-based game where up to 16 users compete. It’s free to enter but then again there are also no chips to be won but for what it’s worth, I’ll follow the winner (or winners in the event of a tie) of each PPC, along with a congratulations comment on their wall and an invite to the next PPC. 2nd and 3rd place (including any joint 2nd or 3rd places) will get a congratulations comment on their wall. The reason for this is that I don’t want anyone to want to join the game but not being able to afford to while also still having some kind of prize structure (although not much of one) but it is just a friendly competition after all! The only people to get invites will be the previous champion (or champions in the event of a tie) because I want to make this an open competition and if I invited everyone I wanted to invite then all 16 places would fill up very quickly.

Every PPC is made up of:

• 1 MMA event

• 1 Boxing event

• 1 UFC event

The idea is that this should test your general MMA knowledge (1 MMA event), your Boxing knowledge (1 Boxing event) and your mainstream MMA knowledge (1 UFC event) so that in theory, the winner of each PPC is the one with the best all-round combat sports knowledge.

There is also a PPC group that anyone is welcome to join (I’ll accept all requests. If I don’t accept you straight away, it’s because I’m either at work, sleeping or otherwise busy). This group will have a records thread that lists the full tables of every PPC and any other random threads that are created by the members. The group leaderboard will only include the MMA/Boxing/UFC events used in the PPC’s. You can find it in the Pick ‘Em Groups section.

This is designed as a friendly league and is solely for fun. Hopefully it will also act as a good introduction to the fantasy games for new users or users that have never taken part in fantasy games before while also providing an opportunity for them to meet regular fantasy players. If you are looking for a fantasy game with some fantasy chips involved, then I highly recommend the “Most Painful Picks” and “Seagalski Elimination Series” run by Steven Seagalski, the “Shark Cups” run by Rombu and the monthly boxing games and UFC games run by Mikey1903 they are well worth checking out! Ask them for more info on their respective fantasy competitions.

There will only be one PPC running at any one time otherwise I’d just confuse myself. If you have any questions, even stupid ones, just ask! Anyway, if you’re interested then head on over to the fantasy games and look for one titled “PPC” followed by a number. I hope to see you soon and good luck!

* Edited at 03.01.2021, 1:13 PM ET *

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Responses

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke
  • Predictions:  29,519  |  80.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,552
  • Post Score: 236

03.01.2021 | 1:15 PM ET

Ok I'm starting off with a stupid question right off the bat: why did you pick the color pink?

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

03.01.2021 | 1:16 PM ET

The PPC 17 is currently open!

This one is a bit different to the normal PPC events because I'm experimenting with 5 events due to the amount of great cards this week. Unfortunately, we are down to just 4 events as the boxing event Cheeseman VS Metcalf has had all 4 fights changed from "confirmed" to "fizzled". 

https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/33820

TARTARA
TARTARA
  • Predictions:  53,902  |  69.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,186
  • Post Score: 65

03.01.2021 | 1:17 PM ET

@FistyMcKickerChoke
Because he's the Pinky Goaty!

"KURZHAAR - Tomorrow Never Comes Until It's Too Late"

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

03.01.2021 | 1:21 PM ET

@FistyMcKickerChoke

Well, when I was getting started on this site, I couldn't decide what to set as a profile picture so I looked through other users profiles for inspiration and concluded that most (unsurprisingly) were MMA related or other "badass" pictures so I thought that a bright pink AV would be a bit different. It also has the advantage that it's easier to find me if I wanted to review what I posted in the forum or if I'm trying to find myself in a list of users.

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

03.01.2021 | 1:28 PM ET

@TARTARA

This is an old picture of me lol!

TARTARA
TARTARA
  • Predictions:  53,902  |  69.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,186
  • Post Score: 65

03.01.2021 | 1:30 PM ET

Ha ha ha! 
No Life Shaq :
The Goat N_gga!

"KURZHAAR - Tomorrow Never Comes Until It's Too Late"

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke

03.01.2021 | 1:32 PM ET

@stephen that makes sense! I just picked my favorite mma moment/photo and used that. Seeing Elkins with his fist raised puts a big goofy smile on my face

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

03.01.2021 | 2:06 PM ET

@FistyMcKickerChoke

Yeah, it's a great pic! It's fitting that someone with "The Damage" tattooed on his chest has blood pouring down his face lol!

Hippie
Hippie

03.02.2021 | 11:29 AM ET

@ Terry
I’m going to give this another shot.  🥊
Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

03.02.2021 | 11:46 AM ET

@Hippie

That's great to hear, good luck!

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

03.07.2021 | 1:49 PM ET

PPC 17 Results!

Congratulations to @Miss Sophie Grimes for winning the PPC 17! As the new Champion, you will receive an invite to the PPC 18 when I set it up later today!

Well done as well to @15Rounds for finishing 2nd and @J Dub izzle for finishing 3rd! There was only 30 points between you two!

For those who are interested, you can find the full PPC 17 table here:

https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/33820

Hippie
Hippie

03.07.2021 | 5:10 PM ET

🏆

Well played Sophie❗️

Miss Sophie Grimes
Miss Sophie Grimes
  • Predictions:  2,536  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  21
  • Post Score: 495

03.07.2021 | 6:00 PM ET

I've only just discovered there was a thread for this game. I don't really use the forums much but I'll subscribe to this one.

Is that Mortal Kombat Hippie? I'm likely wrong cos it's been ages since I played it. My older brother had an old copy lying around that I used to play growing up and that was my introduction to martial arts and then MMA. Good times!! Thanks!!

"It don't matter how cute you are on the outside, it's how cute you are on the inside that counts!"

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

03.07.2021 | 6:10 PM ET

The PPC 18 is now open!

Here's the link to the PPC 18! I've sent the current PPC Champion @Miss Sophie Grimes an invite! I've also gone back to 3 events for this game but might do 5 event games on weekends when there are several noteworthy MMA cards and from this event onwards the "smaller" MMA event will just be a "non-UFC" MMA event (this time it's LFA) as I got board of trying to find results for the really obscure cards that would take ages to come in. Good luck everyone!

https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/34155

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke

03.08.2021 | 12:08 PM ET

I think the events you picked this week should get their results in pretty quickly so we should be good. These are gonna be some good fights too!

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

03.08.2021 | 1:07 PM ET

@FistyMcKickerChoke

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I got board of waiting and looking for the results from some obscure, amateur cards in countries nobody's ever heard of and a lot of those fights were either set-ups or two debutants fighting each other so it was more luck than skill. I'm changing the definition of "smaller" to mean "non-UFC" so that the games should run a bit smoother.

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

03.13.2021 | 11:22 PM ET

PPC 18 Results!

Congratulations to @J Dub izzle for finally getting your hands on the PPC Title after finishing 2nd 3 times and 3rd 3 times before! It was a long overdue win for one of the most consistent players in the game's history! As the new PPC Champion, you will be invited to the PPC 19 when I set it up!

Well done as well to @evertonsantos for finishing in a close 2nd behind him! That is now 6 times you've finished in the top 3! (1 win, 4 2nds and 1 3rd) so you're certainly consistent. I was only 5 points behind him in 3rd lol!

I also want to say a huge thank you to everyone else for taking part and I hope to see you in the PPC 19!

For those who are interested, the full PPC 18 table can be found here:

https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/34155

* Edited at 03.13.2021, 11:26 PM ET *

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

03.14.2021 | 1:17 PM ET

The PPC 19 is now open!

I've sent the current PPC Champion @J Dub izzle an invite! This is the 2nd PPC to have have 5 events in it due to the absolutely stacked weekend of fights we've got at the end of the week! Good luck everyone!

https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/34412

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

03.22.2021 | 7:28 PM ET

PPC 19 Results!

As a disclaimer, we are still technically waiting for the game to finish as of this writing but it looks like it won't change too much though I will correct myself if any of the top 3 are in the wrong order after it closes.

Congratulations to @MattyViceGrip for winning the PPC 19! It was a VERY close event so it was a hard earnt win!

Well done as well to @pureincognito and @Hippie for finishing 2nd and 3rd respectively!

Finally, I just want to say a huge thank you for everyone else for taking part and I hope to see you in the PPC 20!

The original PPC 19 page can be found here (and I'll be keeping a close eye on it in case anything changes):
https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/34412

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

03.22.2021 | 7:30 PM ET

The PPC 20 is now open!

Here is the link to the PPC 20! Good luck everyone!

https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/34693

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Hailey Cowan reveals nasty leg break, Tamires Vidal gets replacement for UFC Vegas 92 fight
  • MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway confirms Justin Gaethje should’ve been credited for UFC 300 knockdown: ‘That’s some bullsh*t’
  • MMA Junkie : 'That's some bullsh*t': Max Holloway believes Justin Gaethje deserves credit for first UFC career knockdown
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 and UFC Vegas 91 preview show: Is UFC playing second fiddle to Mike Perry?
  • MMA Junkie : Melissa Gatto fights Tamires Vidal at UFC Fight Night 241 after Hailey Cowan suffers broken leg
  • MMA Junkie : Melissa Gatto fights Tamires Vidal at UFC Fight Night 241 after Hailey Cowan injured
  • MMA Mania : VanZant Stares Down Brooke Ahead Of Misfits Clash
  • Jits Magazine : PGF World Season 6: Best Of Day 4
  • Bad Left Hook : Tellez vs Jackson: Live discussion, 8 pm ET
  • Middle Easy : Max Holloway Is Just Getting Started Following His Epic BMF Title Win at UFC 300, Credits Justin Gaethje for First UFC Knockdown
  • Middle Easy : Max Holloway Is Just Getting Started Following His Epic BMF Title Win at UFC 300: ‘I’m a Young Man’
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping warns Islam Makhachev of 'sniper' Leon Edwards: 'Be careful what you wish for'
  • MMA Mania : Officer ‘Bad Boy’ Reporting For Duty!
  • MMAFighting.com : Heck of a Morning: Does the UFC hosting more events on the road mean APEX cards will soon end?
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 weigh-in faceoff highlights video, photo gallery
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 ceremonial weigh-in faceoff highlights video, photo gallery
  • Jits Magazine : Free Fight Friday: Declan Moody vs Anton Minenko
  • UFC.com : Bogdan Guskov Wants To Establish Himself As A Contender
  • MMA Mania : Face Off! Nicolau Stares Down Perez At APEX!
  • UFC.com : UFC 5 Brings Gamers Closer To The Action Than Ever