Topic: Pancrase 298

Pancrase 298

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,019
  • Post Score: 47

07.18.2018 | 3:57 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
Pancrase 298
  • Sunday 08.05.2018 at 03:15 AM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: UFC Fight Pass
  • Promotion: Pancrase
  • Ownership: Masakazu Sakai
  • Venue: Studio Coast
  • Enclosure: Cage
  • MMA Bouts: 14
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Viviane Araujo   defeats   Emi Fujino   via KO/TKO, Left Eye Injury   0:19 Round 3 of 5, 10:19 Total Bout Page
Loma Lookboonmee   defeats   Hana Date   via KO/TKO, Ground Elbow   4:32 Round 2 of 3, 9:32 Total Bout Page
Ryo Hatta   defeats   Marcus Paulo Amaral   via Submission, Front Choke   1:48 Round 2 of 3, 6:48 Total Bout Page
Yuki Niimura   defeats   Genpei Hayashi   via Decision, Technical Majority   3 Rounds, 6:01 Total Bout Page
Taiki Akiba   defeats   Yusuke Ogikubo   via KO/TKO, Ground Punch   3:40 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Yuta Sato   defeats   Juntarou Ushiku   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 9:00 Total Bout Page
Yojiro Uchimura   defeats   Vitor Toffanelli   via KO/TKO, Left High Kick   2:12 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Hiroyuki Tetsuka   defeats   Toshikazu Suzuki   via KO/TKO, Ground Punch   1:18 Round 3 of 3, 7:18 Total Bout Page
Teppei Maeyama   defeats   Toshiya Takashima   via Submission, Sleeper Choke   4:29 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Tatsuyuki Nakamura   defeats   Yuki Yasunaga   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 9:00 Total Bout Page
Hiroyasu Sakurai   defeats   Kaneaki Watanabe   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 9:00 Total Bout Page
Yohei Misawa   defeats   Tatsuya Watanabe   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 9:00 Total Bout Page
Kento Mizutani   defeats   Kazuho Ikeda   via Submission, Armbar   0:23 Round 3 of 3, 6:23 Total Bout Page
Takafumi Ato   defeats   Yuta Miyazawa   via KO/TKO, Ground Punch   0:15 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

08.05.2018 | 2:31 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 0 Perfect, 445 Points   |   49th Place

Sounds like this was a pretty fun card. Viviane Araujo is the new Champ. There were some pretty brutal KO's
This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 5 months, 2 weeks, 2 days, and 34 minutes from now.
maneceel96
maneceel96

08.05.2018 | 4:28 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 365 Points   |   65th Place

I signed up for fight pass for the first time last night and watched 227 & Pancrase 298. It was a lot of fights but overall, it was entertaining. I was a little shocked at how unimpressive some of the fighters were. 

Do you know how long it takes for the results to be updated? 

Thank you

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,562
  • Post Score: 275

08.05.2018 | 8:23 PM ET

Probably just a day or two on this event. Lots of events being covered by different editors around the world, so it varies a little bit.

"I live, I die, I live again."

Bigbadbrybry
Bigbadbrybry
  • Predictions:  8,699  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,706
  • Post Score: 203

08.06.2018 | 12:57 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 14 Winners, 2 Perfect, 400 Points   |   61st Place

Yeah this was very entertaining card! 10 finishes out of 14 fights! Fun stuff! And 3 decisions were in 3 straight fights! Very hard to predict winners for me in these events.. maybe I’ll get better after following it closer now, but ****, all of their names sound the same so it’s hard to remember from one event to the next who was good!! 

"“Never argue with an idiot; they will just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience”"

maneceel96
maneceel96

08.06.2018 | 5:13 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 365 Points   |   65th Place

If you only watch the UFC then watching Pancrase can be a little shocking. Obviously, the competition level is not as high, as I learned first hand lol

I predicted Yuta Miyaza to win, because of the high percentage of votes, and he got knocked out in 16 seconds........... 

I picked Tatsuya Watanabe, once again, because of the high ratings and he got outwrestled by a guy that was 1-2 going in. 

Every person I picked was based on their percentage and not my knowledge. 

The lesson that I learned was that, with these regional scenes, just like the UFC, they have the heavy hitters but the bottom really is the bottom and it's hard to pick a fight when one guy is 1-3 and the other is 2-3 so picking can be risky, if you care about your record.

I'm really looking for Cage Warriors 96 next.

* Edited at 08.06.2018, 5:13 PM ET *

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : Karine Silva Is All-Business, All-Action
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau vs. Alex Perez prediction, pick: Which flyweight stays in contention at UFC on ESPN 55?
  • UFC.com : Jonathan Pearce: Knocking On The Door
  • MMA Mania : Coach Benched Dariush To ‘Focus On His Health’
  • UFC.com : Marnic Mann Gets Down To Business
  • Middle Easy : Anthony Smith ‘Shocked’ By How Good Sean Strickland Truly Is: ‘He Only Shows a Small Part of His Game’
  • MMA Junkie : Photos: BKFC: Knucklemania 4 pre-fight press conference
  • MMAFighting.com : Thiago Alves was basically retired until BKFC called for Mike Perry fight: ‘Money talks’
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! UFC Vegas 91 Early Weigh Ins!
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo ready to trade leg kicks with Jonathan Martinez at UFC 301: 'I'm a specalist at what I do'
  • MMAFighting.com : Missed Fists: Fighter cusses out judge, tells them to quit
  • MMA Junkie : UFC champion Sean O'Malley on delay for Merab Dvalishvili title bout: 'I'm not fighting out of the country'
  • MMA Mania : BKFC ‘KnuckleMania 4’ Predictions
  • MMAFighting.com : Anthony Smith stands by Alex Pereira criticism but promises he’s not just ‘talking sh*t’ about him
  • UFC.com : Weigh-In Results | UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez
  • MMA Mania : Hunt Files To Unseal All Docs In UFC-Lesnar Lawsuit
  • MMA Junkie : Savannah Marshall signed with PFL for Claressa Shields rematch: 'The goal is to make a build-up'
  • MMA Mania : NSAC To Fine Biters, Brawlers And Diego Lopes?!?
  • MMA Mania : NAC To Fine Biters, Brawlers And Diego Lopez?!
  • MMA Junkie : Raw video: Max Holloway's BMF-ness, Conor's first belt and more UFC legendary moments – without commentary