Topic: Pancrase 298

Pancrase 298

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  15,775
  • Post Score: 41

07.18.2018 | 3:57 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
Pancrase 298
  • Sunday 08.05.2018 at 03:15 AM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: UFC Fight Pass
  • Promotion: Pancrase
  • Ownership: Masakazu Sakai
  • Venue: Studio Coast
  • Enclosure: Cage
  • MMA Bouts: 14
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Viviane Araujo   defeats   Emi Fujino   via KO/TKO, Left Eye Injury   0:19 Round 3 of 5, 10:19 Total Bout Page
Loma Lookboonmee   defeats   Hana Date   via KO/TKO, Ground Elbow   4:32 Round 2 of 3, 9:32 Total Bout Page
Ryo Hatta   defeats   Marcus Paulo Amaral   via Submission, Front Choke   1:48 Round 2 of 3, 6:48 Total Bout Page
Yuki Niimura   defeats   Genpei Hayashi   via Decision, Technical Majority   3 Rounds, 6:01 Total Bout Page
Taiki Akiba   defeats   Yusuke Ogikubo   via KO/TKO, Ground Punch   3:40 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Yuta Sato   defeats   Juntaro Ushiku   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 9:00 Total Bout Page
Yojiro Uchimura   defeats   Vitor Toffanelli   via KO/TKO, Left High Kick   2:12 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Hiroyuki Tetsuka   defeats   Toshikazu Suzuki   via KO/TKO, Ground Punch   1:18 Round 3 of 3, 7:18 Total Bout Page
Teppei Maeyama   defeats   Toshiya Takashima   via Submission, Sleeper Choke   4:29 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Tatsuyuki Nakamura   defeats   Yuki Yasunaga   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 9:00 Total Bout Page
Hiroyasu Sakurai   defeats   Kaneaki Watanabe   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 9:00 Total Bout Page
Yohei Misawa   defeats   Tatsuya Watanabe   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 9:00 Total Bout Page
Kento Mizutani   defeats   Kazuho Ikeda   via Submission, Armbar   0:23 Round 3 of 3, 6:23 Total Bout Page
Takafumi Ato   defeats   Yuta Miyazawa   via KO/TKO, Ground Punch   0:15 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

08.05.2018 | 2:31 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 0 Perfect, 445 Points   |   49th Place

Sounds like this was a pretty fun card. Viviane Araujo is the new Champ. There were some pretty brutal KO's

"A MMA fighter died? Tap doesn't care. Somebody uses "harsh language" OMG! Stop pretending to have a conscious. This site is about violence. Can't you see that!?"

maneceel96
maneceel96
  • Predictions:  1,677  |  64.0%
  • Forum Posts:  13
  • Post Score: 100

08.05.2018 | 4:28 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 365 Points   |   65th Place

I signed up for fight pass for the first time last night and watched 227 & Pancrase 298. It was a lot of fights but overall, it was entertaining. I was a little shocked at how unimpressive some of the fighters were. 

Do you know how long it takes for the results to be updated? 

Thank you

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,758  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  17,954
  • Post Score: 222

08.05.2018 | 8:23 PM ET

Probably just a day or two on this event. Lots of events being covered by different editors around the world, so it varies a little bit.

"I live, I die, I live again."

Bigbadbrybry
Bigbadbrybry
  • Predictions:  8,673  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,706
  • Post Score: 177

08.06.2018 | 12:57 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 14 Winners, 2 Perfect, 400 Points   |   61st Place

Yeah this was very entertaining card! 10 finishes out of 14 fights! Fun stuff! And 3 decisions were in 3 straight fights! Very hard to predict winners for me in these events.. maybe I’ll get better after following it closer now, but ****, all of their names sound the same so it’s hard to remember from one event to the next who was good!! 

"“Never argue with an idiot; they will just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience”"

maneceel96
maneceel96
  • Predictions:  1,677  |  64.0%
  • Forum Posts:  13
  • Post Score: 100

08.06.2018 | 5:13 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 365 Points   |   65th Place

If you only watch the UFC then watching Pancrase can be a little shocking. Obviously, the competition level is not as high, as I learned first hand lol

I predicted Yuta Miyaza to win, because of the high percentage of votes, and he got knocked out in 16 seconds........... 

I picked Tatsuya Watanabe, once again, because of the high ratings and he got outwrestled by a guy that was 1-2 going in. 

Every person I picked was based on their percentage and not my knowledge. 

The lesson that I learned was that, with these regional scenes, just like the UFC, they have the heavy hitters but the bottom really is the bottom and it's hard to pick a fight when one guy is 1-3 and the other is 2-3 so picking can be risky, if you care about your record.

I'm really looking for Cage Warriors 96 next.

* Edited at 08.06.2018, 5:13 PM ET *

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Weekly : Marlon Vera calls out Dominick Cruz following UFC Vegas 29 win | Video
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Anderson Silva reflects on boxing win over Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.: 'It's a magical moment for me'
  • MMA Weekly : Matt Brown would love rematches with Demian Maia, Donald Cerrone and Robbie Lawler | Video
  • MMA Weekly : UFC Vegas 29 Bonuses: Matt Brown earns an extra $50,000 for face-plant KO
  • MMA Weekly : UFC Vegas 29 Bonuses: Matt Brown earns an extra $50,000 for face-plant KO (Includes Highlight)
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: UFC Vegas 29 post-fight show
  • MMAFighting.com : Chavez Jr. vs. Silva in Tweets: Pros react to Anderson Silva’s upset of Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
  • MMA Weekly : Anderson Silva defeats Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. by split decision
  • MMAFighting.com : Anderson Silva pulls off upset to beat Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. by split decision in return to boxing
  • MMA Junkie : Tribute to the Kings results: Anderson Silva turns back the clock, wins in boxing return vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
  • MMAFighting.com : Anderson Silva vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. full fight video highlights
  • MMA Junkie : Twitter reacts to Anderson Silva's upset of Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. in boxing return
  • MMA Weekly : Korean Zombie: Max Holloway “doesn’t have Punching Power” | UFC Vegas 29 Post
  • MMA Junkie : Chan Sung Jung wants Max Holloway next: 'He doesn't have punching power'
  • MMA Weekly : UFC Vegas 29 Results: The Korean Zombie shuts down Dan Ige
  • MMA Junkie : Coach: Chan Sung Jung's shoulder popped out during UFC on ESPN 25 win
  • MMA Junkie : Game plan for not: Serghei Spivac forced to improvise during UFC on ESPN 25 win
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Vegas 29 bonuses: Marlon Vera vs. Davey Grant gets ‘Fight of the Night’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 25 bonuses: Marlon Vera, Davey Grant get $50,000 for bloody rematch
  • MMAFighting.com : Korean Zombie vs. Dan Ige full fight video highlights