Topic: McGregor vs. Siver

McGregor vs. Siver

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,582  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,524
  • Post Score: 60

10.23.2014 | 4:14 PM ET

This is the official discussion thread for McGregor vs. Siver. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 5

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones
  • Predictions:  40,133  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,674
  • Post Score: 286

11.19.2014 | 7:07 PM ET

Prediction: correct McGregor   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

Did he realize he was a walking talking oxymoron?
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 5 months, 3 weeks, 2 days, 9 hours, and 49 minutes from now.
TheTnuggs
TheTnuggs
  • Predictions:  2,963  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  667
  • Post Score: 197

11.19.2014 | 7:09 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Siver   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

yea i agree pointless arguments are pointless.  i didnt even know a lot about the world wars because in Newfoundland we dont talk very much about it or teach anything about it until later in high school because the Newfoundland regiment in both wars were used as cannon fodder and most of them died. we have our remembrance day stuff but thats it, i guess its a weird way of dealing with it.  i didnt even start learning about the wars until i moved to the mainland.

"As swift as wind, as silent as forest, as fierce as fire, as unshakeable as mountain"

TheTnuggs
TheTnuggs
  • Predictions:  2,963  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  667
  • Post Score: 197

11.19.2014 | 7:10 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Siver   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

@cal i guess he hated himself a lot lol

"As swift as wind, as silent as forest, as fierce as fire, as unshakeable as mountain"

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones

11.19.2014 | 7:24 PM ET

Siver should respond with "Yeah, my country has a history of making terrible mistakes, but at least millions of us didn't die due to not having potatoes..."
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 5 months, 3 weeks, 2 days, 9 hours, and 49 minutes from now.
Lopati
Lopati
  • Predictions:  18,574  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13,352
  • Post Score: 179

11.19.2014 | 8:00 PM ET

Tnuggs the Germans accept The HasselHoff, but not the word Nazi?  Interesting, lol.

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

11.19.2014 | 10:07 PM ET

Toucher & Rich with McGregor

Popular Boston radio station. 

Conor confirms his current training weight is 168 lbs. Big fedderweight.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

FantasyMMA
FantasyMMA
  • Predictions:  278  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  712
  • Post Score: 145

11.19.2014 | 10:23 PM ET

"No, I am not. I am from Canada."

Then how do you know how being called a Nazi makes a German guy feel?

Are you black?
CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones

11.19.2014 | 10:32 PM ET

I would imagine being called a nazi makes a german guy feel roughly the way being called a native american killing land thief or a slave owner would make americans feel. There's that sense of shame and guilt that "your people" did that, but it's quickly overridden by the fact that you personally had nothing to do with it. Just a guess.

Carrying guilt and shame for something dead people did is silly. Stop carrying other peoples baggage and worry about you and yours.

* Edited at 11.19.2014, 10:33 PM ET *

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,727  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,779
  • Post Score: 273

11.19.2014 | 10:33 PM ET

I doubt they care, as it's no where in the same league as calling a black person a ****** or a someone a spick. Specifically because those are racist terms and nazi is not. I'm not saying it's not offensive, but to compare it to a racial slur such as ****** is ridiculous.

* Edited at 11.19.2014, 10:38 PM ET *

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones

11.19.2014 | 10:38 PM ET

If you get that offended over someone calling you a word...you're a simpleton. I honestly don't care what that word is. ******, ******, spick, jew, *****, etc. etc. They're all just SOUNDS people make with their mouth that cause literally nothing to happen. It's not like when a black person gets called a ****** it sends a burning pain down their spine and temporarily debilitates them. It's ignorant as **** and uncalled for, but seriously get over it and move on. If the worst thing you have to deal with in your life is someone you don't know or care about calling you a name you're pretty much in the same boat as a kindergartener as far as life difficulties...
CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones

11.19.2014 | 10:41 PM ET

Especially given the fact that all the ignorant person calling the name wants is to get a rise out of you by calling you the name. It just validates their reasoning and perpetuates rampant pointless moronic behavior.
CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones

11.19.2014 | 11:08 PM ET

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

11.20.2014 | 12:31 AM ET

@frontkick, the significance of the word is all a matter of context and geography ... over here in Jewland we could give to ****s about the word '*****' but call someone a Nazi and he goes ape **** on you ... 

In fact a year or two ago a law actually passed saying that the use of the word 'Nazi' as an insult could get you fined and/or 6 months in prison.

Now nobody actually gives two ****s about that law and it only passed because a ****load of the media here kept using analogies to the holocaust to describe what the government over here was doing (and their reaction was to manage to pass one of the most fascist laws ever to pass in this country, hellova way to prove them reporters wrong, lol!) so I'm thinking they just "installed a mechanism" to go at a reporter or newspaper that bugs them. Don't think they'll ever act on it because they know what an uproar it'll cause, but still ... it's there. No laws about the word '*****' yet.

So which one of them is worse? Context is everything my friend, there are no good words or bad words, if I have a kinky wife who likes being called a ****, suddenly **** is a great word to call a woman, but if some dude from across the street calls her the same thing I'm gonna knock his front teeth out, so good word? Bad word? I'm confused. Over on your side of the pond, '*****' is the N word, while over here the N word is Nazi.

* Edited at 11.20.2014, 12:33 AM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

Lopati
Lopati

11.20.2014 | 12:38 AM ET

any country that worships David Hasselhoff can't be that good of a place!!!

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

yossgold
yossgold

11.20.2014 | 1:03 AM ET

The Hass is strong with them

Join us on the dark and hairy side breaux, look at the Hass' penis and you'll be ours forever ... LOOK AT IT!!

* Edited at 11.20.2014, 1:06 AM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

Lopati
Lopati

11.20.2014 | 1:19 AM ET

YossBreaux if your people would let your women date a catholic I could join your team, but they hate us, lol.

BlackMetalCarson
BlackMetalCarson
  • Predictions:  101  |  52.5%
  • Forum Posts:  32
  • Post Score: 228

11.20.2014 | 2:49 AM ET

I'm a little weird, I think... I don't mind so much when people say words like "******" or "******", but I tend not to say those words around those who could take them offensively. But an odd example of how some people are just drama queens and then there are people that don't give a flying **** took place a couple of weeks ago. One of buddies who is black and gay at the same time, I have heard him utter the words "******" AND "******" Of course this was not in confrontation with anything except with a three dimensional assailant in Shadow of Mordor. Still, it surprised me and I asked him if those words bothered him even then someone could use those same words to describe him if they were pissed at him. He said that "people are too ******* sensitive and need to grow some goddamn balls"

It is after that that I have not since questioned the usage of those words. I do have a half black little sister though, and you bet your ass that if I ever heard a redneck call her "an abomination/****** baby" I would be on their ass in just a minute. I'm still confused about the whole thing and I do not claim to be the expert, so it is my responsibility I think to become further educated on this matter. I don't want to walk on eggshells, but I don't want to appear as a bigot either. If anyone could offer their advice on this matter or some insight, I would appreciate it.

"If you assume that you have an edge here, or you’re gonna dominate me there…you better think again man, or I’m coming in your backyard and I’m gonna **** you up." - Carlos Condit

yossgold
yossgold

11.20.2014 | 3:24 AM ET

Breauxpati, most Israelis aren't religious ... come over here and I'll sort you with some primo Jewish behind (just take into consideration that it doubles in size by the time they're 40) ;)

* Edited at 11.20.2014, 8:42 AM ET *

Lopati
Lopati

11.20.2014 | 3:45 AM ET

You're the man YossBreaux!! 

FantasyMMA
FantasyMMA
  • Predictions:  278  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  712
  • Post Score: 145

11.20.2014 | 7:11 AM ET

"the significance of the word is all a matter of context and geography"

100% Especially when you consider the fact that after WWII it was not an insult it was an accusation and people getting called (accused of being) a Nazi carried some major weight with it. To this day they are sentencing people if they find out they were Nazi's 60 years ago.

"If you get that offended over someone calling you a word...you're a simpleton."

I am on board with this. My friends either mick or wop and I just embrace it.

Page 5

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : Weigh-In Results | UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez
  • MMA Junkie : Raw video: Max Holloway's BMF-ness, Conor's first belt and more UFC legendary moments – without commentary
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Amanda Ribas details recent stalker encounter: ‘He was telling people I was his wife’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 weigh-in results and live video stream (noon ET)
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Vegas 91 weigh-in video
  • Jits Magazine : ADCC Announces Date And Location For Amateur World Championship 2024
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Haney Requests Garcia Rematch Because ‘Weight Played A Role’ In Defeat
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill Brutally Honest On UFC 300 Regrets, Who Should Be Next For Alex Pereira
  • MMA Mania : Return Of The Bare Knuckle King
  • MMA Mania : PFL MENA Inaugural Event Set For May 10 In Riyadh
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive – Jamahal Hill Talks ‘Crazy’ BMF Title Clash at UFC 300, Comments on Ryan Garcia’s Epic Troll Job
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping warns Michael Chandler not to underestimate Conor McGregor: 'Can't be drunk on your own ego'
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Prograis says karma caught up to Haney in Garcia fight
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Regis Prograis says karma caught up to Devin Haney
  • MMA Mania : ‘Stop Running!’ Vieira Claims Harrison Declined UFC 303 Fight Offer
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill On Fighting Khalil Rountree So Soon At UFC 303, Rejecting A Main Event
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva explains how fast UFC rise was actually deceivingly long
  • MMA Junkie : Marlon Vera calls out Petr Yan for November showdown after he previously 'declined,' Yan fires back
  • MMA Mania : VIDEO: Strongman Hall Breaks Pereira Punch Record ... Kind Of
  • MMAFighting.com : Coach Rafael Cordeiro: Beneil Dariush took time off after repeated head trauma in 2023