Topic: McGregor vs. Siver

McGregor vs. Siver

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,411  |  73.7%
  • Forum Posts:  17,429
  • Post Score: 60

10.23.2014 | 4:14 PM ET

This is the official discussion thread for McGregor vs. Siver. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

10.23.2014 | 4:14 PM ET

Prediction: correct McGregor   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

Rumored for my home sweet home. Not sure if this will happen. Probably pending the fallout of UFC 179 this weekend. But if it does, could be good news for Swanson's title hopes.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,050  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,481
  • Post Score: 203

10.23.2014 | 4:16 PM ET

Prediction: correct McGregor   correct KO/TKO   correct Round 2  

This fight is a showcase for McGregor to dominate a decent opponent in front of a few fake Irish Bostonian fans. Funny, Poirier was calling out Siver last night or this morning, and I thought that was the fight to make.

* Edited at 10.23.2014, 4:31 PM ET *

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

sreimuth
sreimuth
  • Predictions:  78,760  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,245
  • Post Score: 262

10.23.2014 | 4:17 PM ET

I would have waited until after this weekend. I feel if Aldo wins, he'll call him out there and great a huge ruckus. 

"Under my tutelage, you will grow from boys to men. From men into gladiators. And from gladiators into Swansons.- Ron Swanson https://www.instagram.com/seanreimuth/ Follow me."

sreimuth
sreimuth

10.23.2014 | 4:23 PM ET

What's gonna be the headliner though?

"Under my tutelage, you will grow from boys to men. From men into gladiators. And from gladiators into Swansons.- Ron Swanson https://www.instagram.com/seanreimuth/ Follow me."

zarog
zarog
  • Predictions:  2,855  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,174
  • Post Score: 241

10.23.2014 | 4:24 PM ET

Lame fight. I would pick Holloway to beat Siver, so I don't really see this as a real test, particularly after what Cerrone and Swanson have done to him in recent years. Still want to see McGregor fight a wrestler (not necessarily even a great wrestler, but a guy that is primarily a wrestler) before a title shot. Don't really like this fight at all to be honest.

"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?" - Captain America

sreimuth
sreimuth

10.23.2014 | 4:25 PM ET

@Zarog-like Elkins? I'd just hate for Lentz to slime is way over Conor for three rounds.

sreimuth
sreimuth

10.23.2014 | 4:26 PM ET

Lamas and Bermudez would have been nice as well, but they probably wanted Conor to fight and sell out the TD Garden.

daguentha
daguentha
  • Predictions:  5,408  |  60.2%
  • Forum Posts:  859
  • Post Score: 247

10.23.2014 | 4:26 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Siver   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

not sure if i'm liking that fight...
Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

10.23.2014 | 4:28 PM ET

@taco

hmmm what are you trying to get at with the "fake Irish Bostonian Fans". Seems like your trying to be insulting to be honest.

"here I come to save the day"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,050  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,481
  • Post Score: 203

10.23.2014 | 4:29 PM ET

Not trying to insult anyone. If you are from Boston and really are Irish, fantastic. But Boston is infamous for having tons of people that pretend that they're Irish when in reality they're like, 1.000007%.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

zarog
zarog

10.23.2014 | 4:33 PM ET

@sreimuth Edgar, Bermudez, Lentz, Lamas, Guida or Elkins would all be solid in terms of determining how McGregor deals with wrestling. Hell, I'd even accept Kawajiri (though I'm sure he'd look like more of a squash match to the average fan, but it's a stylistic match up, not a rankings match up). 

"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?" - Captain America

boredoms
boredoms
  • Predictions:  47,181  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,267
  • Post Score: 236

10.23.2014 | 4:43 PM ET

I may actually end up going to this.

"I am trained in gorilla warfare" - Stay Ready

unbeknownst
unbeknownst
  • Predictions:  5,020  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,679
  • Post Score: 208

10.23.2014 | 5:01 PM ET

Why does McGregor have to fight just a wrestler based fighter before getting a tittle shot? Shouldn't he have to fight a Shaolin Monk first too?

If McGregor gets to fight for the belt first before fighting a wrestler, I'm fine with that. Eventually a wrestler will make his way up to the tittle and we'll see it then.

Questions about how a guy will do against certain type of fighter keeps things interesting, even for the current champions.

"I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and kill them."

Idrownfish
Idrownfish
  • Predictions:  1,759  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,407

10.23.2014 | 5:04 PM ET

@unbeknownst It is because if he can defeat Aldo but can't defeat a wrestling-based fighter such as Edgar he doesn't deserve to be the champion. The champion is supposed to be the best fighter in the weight class, not only the guy who could defeat the last champion.

* Edited at 10.23.2014, 5:09 PM ET *

"Let's just say if we fought again I wouldn't need to keep my hands up." - Luke Rockhold on Michael Bisping's punching power

Franklin880088
Franklin880088

10.23.2014 | 5:06 PM ET

@Mike

I did not even know that was a thing to be honest. I figured that what you were getting at though, I never new we were known for that lol. I am  Irish, so mr Skel as well, where both from boston. Boston has a huge irish population, but I can see where people might think what you said, because a lot of the Irish area's are not irish anymore like southy. It still has Irish roots, but it not majority Irish anymore, it been taking over by non irish hipster. Also everyone is Irish in boston the week if Saint patty;s day lol.

* Edited at 10.23.2014, 5:07 PM ET *

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

10.23.2014 | 5:06 PM ET

they keep praising Connor as an unstoppable force and treat him like he is elite, but they keep matching him avioding the elite of the FW division, with the exception  of Poirier, who incidentaly was a perfect match for Connor strenghts.    

I know Connor is good, he will probably be one of the best of the division, until he moves up to 155. but Dana's and Joe's mouth are so full of Connors balls that they are not making sense when they speak saying **** like he is bigger than Brock and GSP, but when it comes to fighting they tailor his fights/opponents for him matching him against beatable fighters who don't test his weakness and fall right into Connor's strenghts.

Edit: I like Siver he is a good fighter but he is too slow for 145 dv, and he's just gonna be a sitting duck for Connor and don't pose any threat.  I wonder if they'll ever going to match Connor against Mendez, Edgar, Swanson, Llamas hell even Koch or Guida

* Edited at 10.23.2014, 5:13 PM ET *

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

10.23.2014 | 5:10 PM ET

@Mikey: I get your point about the fake Irish thing, but a recent genealogical study actually showed the Greater Boston Area to be have the highest concentration of Irish DNA worldwide ... yes, that includes Ireland. We may not have the accent, but our families are straight off the boat, and Boston has the same blue-collar customs and mannerisms to its roots. We're not Irish, but we're certainly cousins to them. So, your % point is completely factually inaccurate. 

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

boredoms
boredoms
  • Predictions:  47,181  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,267
  • Post Score: 236

10.23.2014 | 5:11 PM ET

@Franklin880088

There are always those rich college kids who co-opt St Paddys day and you have to remind them that their name is Rosenberg and not Sullivan.

"I am trained in gorilla warfare" - Stay Ready

zarog
zarog

10.23.2014 | 5:13 PM ET

@unbeknownst Oh, **** off. Everyone is simply commenting on the fact that he's getting fights tailor made for him to win. I'm not even saying others haven't had the same opportunity, it's just that Dana and Lorenzo want this guy to be champion because of his mouth so bad that they're going to protect him all the way to the title. Don't even try to tell me that you actually see this as a competitive matchup after seeing what McGregor did to Holloway.

Franklin880088
Franklin880088

10.23.2014 | 5:14 PM ET

@Boredoms
Hahahaha, so true.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! ‘Regretful’ Biter Breaks Silence
  • MMA Mania : An Elite Contender With Only One Combo
  • MMA Mania : ‘Come Over Here Real Quick, Win A Belt, Maybe Win Another Belt’
  • Middle Easy : Conor McGregor Plans To Continue Fighting Until He’s ‘In The F*cking Grave,’ Wants To Face Similar-Aged Opponents
  • Middle Easy : Khalil Rountree Jr Claims Fans Want To See Him Fight Alex Pereira, Doesn’t Care If Pereira Is Champion
  • MMAFighting.com : Vince McMahon unloads another $100 million of TKO Group Holdings stock
  • MMA Junkie : 'That's not who I am': Igor Severino apologizes for bite, hopes one mistake doesn't define career
  • MMA Mania : ‘A Big Spit In The Face Of All The Champions’
  • MMAFighting.com : Payton Talbott rejects Sean O’Malley comparisons after UFC Vegas 89: ‘I don’t want to be compared’
  • UFC.com : Joaquin Buckley: ‘This Is The Reason I’m Here’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’d love that fight’: Tszyu willing to face Spence next, talks fight with Fundora
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’d love that fight’: Tim Tszyu willing to face Errol Spence next, talks fight with Sebastian Fundora
  • MMA Junkie : 'Super happy' PFL season newcomer Mads Burnell explains excitement for fight schedule, new weight class
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor scoffs at retirement: ‘It’s to the motherf****** grave’
  • MMA Mania : Whittaker: Chimaev Fight ‘Came Out Of Nowhere’
  • MMA Junkie : Why 2022 PFL welterweight champ Sadibou Sy moved to light heavyweight for upcoming season
  • MMAFighting.com : Robert Whittaker reacts to Khamzat Chimaev fight at UFC Saudi Arabia: ‘It’s a bit of a shock’
  • MMA Mania : GSP ‘Would Have Put Khabib Down’
  • MMAFighting.com : Logan Paul reveals he had ‘suicidal thoughts’ amid CryptoZoo scandal fallout: ‘I was spiraling’
  • UFC.com : The State Of UFC During UFC 100 And 200