Topic: Jones vs. Teixeira

Jones vs. Teixeira

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,619  |  73.7%
  • Forum Posts:  17,552
  • Post Score: 60

12.16.2013 | 11:51 AM ET

Prediction: correct Jones   correct Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for Jones vs. Teixeira. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses

foley4ever87
foley4ever87
  • Predictions:  7,048  |  60.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,092
  • Post Score: 86

12.16.2013 | 11:51 AM ET

Prediction: correct Jones   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

I will probably get proven wrong here, but I think Texeira has what it takes to claim Jon Jones title. He hits hard and has a solid ground game and easily the top 3 most devastating ground and pound in the UFC right now. However Jones has that reach advantage and the age factor as well. Will Teixeira's cardio hold up over a five round fight? That I am not sure of, but he hasn't been beaten in seven years or knocked out in over ten years and never submitted so that alone has got to say something.

" Stephen Quadros: "How long have you had that mustache?" Don Frye: "Since I was 5. I got it from my mom's side of the family. She's not a pretty woman.""

Caseysauter82
Caseysauter82
  • Predictions:  1  |  100.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2
  • Post Score: 100

02.04.2014 | 9:31 PM ET

Prediction: correct Jones   wrong Submission   wrong Round 3  

Jones!!!
mmafan2013
mmafan2013
  • Predictions:  106  |  69.8%
  • Forum Posts:  447
  • Post Score: -220

02.05.2014 | 9:45 AM ET

in all fairness i think people are counting  glover out i dont think he will win this fight but at the same time he is in with a chance .

i think glover is a hard hitter i see him as a figter alot like shane carwin on the feet but has a pretty decent ground game .
i think jones will be better in all areas but its a closer fight than some of jones other fights like rampage and sonnen

not hating on anyone here just giving my view

"Element Knows"

Timtek
Timtek
  • Predictions:  463  |  74.9%
  • Forum Posts:  48
  • Post Score: 165

02.05.2014 | 12:45 PM ET

My take is that if Glover can close the distance and dirty box without getting judo thrown or elbowed too badly he's got a puncher's chance. Particularity if he clips him early on. If Jones keeps Teixeira at range or can get the takedowns it'll be a long night for GT. 

"I'm like a stepping razor don't you watch my size I'm dangerous. -P. Tosh"

Thomasray
Thomasray
  • Predictions:  611  |  65.3%
  • Forum Posts:  25
  • Post Score: 112

02.11.2014 | 10:28 AM ET

Prediction: correct Jones   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 4  

jones by spinning back elbow
blitzkrieg
blitzkrieg
  • Predictions:  4,528  |  61.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,449
  • Post Score: 285

02.11.2014 | 11:02 AM ET

Jones by whatever he wants in whatever round he wants.

Greg, how can I make this pick? I want a perfect.

"@AndySalasMMA"

Gebe
Gebe
  • Predictions:  2,174  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,292
  • Post Score: 198

02.11.2014 | 3:00 PM ET

As much as i love Texeira,i see him gettin clipped. He has a tendancy to fight unawre that he can get hit, as much as Thiago Silva also. I dont know how his cardio stands either.

From what I've seen ,in his bouts he has been at some point in big trouble, maybe except from the Kingsbu one.

- Maldonado rocked him late in the fight when Glover seemed very tired, but after all that punishment Fabio couldn't really capitalize
- Bader almost banged him up, too bad Bader likes to keep his chin up and Glover hits hard

Against Jackson he showed he doesnt really have what it takes to finish a fading star like Rampage, even by sub.
Only against Te Huna did he show a real powerful Glover

I love the guy, but i don't give him much of a chance.

"Fighter by day, Lover by night"

MQuestionable
MQuestionable
  • Predictions:  7,456  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,603
  • Post Score: 284

02.12.2014 | 12:38 AM ET

Prediction: correct Jones   wrong Submission   wrong Round 3  

This is the first time I've considered picking against Jones since he won the belt (I was sure Shogun would KO him!).  I think Texeira has a good chance of catching Jones with punches, but I just can't pick against Bones at this point.  Has Glover ever gone into the championship rounds before?  It will be interesting to see how his cardio holds up if it lasts that long.
Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

02.12.2014 | 3:30 AM ET

Prediction: correct Jones   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 4  

It.took.Jones.4 rounds to finish.a.bum versionof Rampage, who's notoriously rough to finish.

He fought a 1-2 Machida, a bum Rampage, a way past.prime Shogun and Rashad Evans....how that is the most impressive title  in MMA history  "murderers" row Ill never know...my god the MMA community is ******* stupid sometimes.

Lets say Weidman gets through Anderson, Vitor, Mousasi and Jacare....to me that's a thousand times more impressive than who Jones has beaten....Beating a Chael Sonnen and Middleweight Vitor isn't amazing, he has insane physical advantages over Light Heavyweights why fight ******* Middleweights for  sake? Gus arguably beat.him and I feel will in the rematch, Cormier could very.well too. I don't give Glover much of a chance, he's pretty slow, sloppy and Ive seen him Gas in round three twice in the UFC. Jones is.amazing.but putting him above GSP or Anderson was entirely ********.

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

keanuyu
keanuyu
  • Predictions:  1,956  |  57.2%
  • Forum Posts:  17
  • Post Score: -6

03.31.2014 | 8:56 PM ET

Whoever wins.........

Prediction: correct Jones   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

I'm also a fan of Teixeira but I think that Jones will retain his title via KO/TKO. Actually, it doesn't matter who wins this fight. Whoever wins this fight will then lose the title to Cormier so yeah.....
unbeknownst
unbeknownst
  • Predictions:  5,020  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,679
  • Post Score: 208

04.01.2014 | 12:28 PM ET

Prediction: correct Jones   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

I remember when people were excited for Teixeira as title challenger. Now it just feels like people want this fight just to get over with so we can see the Cormier and Gus match-ups.

"I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and kill them."

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,489  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,788
  • Post Score: 180

04.01.2014 | 12:59 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Teixeira   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

I certainly hope Jones is thinking like the majority, myself included, because this seems eerily similar to how we were all talking/thinking before UFC 165. 

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

Dr3w Cornish
Dr3w Cornish
  • Predictions:  1,642  |  60.7%
  • Forum Posts:  99
  • Post Score: 142

04.01.2014 | 4:57 PM ET

Prediction: correct Jones   wrong Submission   wrong Round 4  

Glover is too slow for Jones. He'll make it competitive in the first 2 rounds, but after that Jones will start landing more shots and pour it on. He'll wear him down with strikes and then take him down and work for subs. Pretty much how he did it with Belfort. 

" The human brain can subjugate anything, even real pain. -Bruce Lee. The point is the doing of them rather than the accomplishments. There is no actor, but the action; there is no experiencer, but the experience. -Bruce Lee."

Gebe
Gebe
  • Predictions:  2,174  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,292
  • Post Score: 198

04.01.2014 | 5:05 PM ET

Preety much agree with Dr3w, tho i love Glover

"Fighter by day, Lover by night"

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones
  • Predictions:  40,133  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,674
  • Post Score: 286

04.01.2014 | 5:34 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Teixeira   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

If Jones is banking on being able to brute strength an americana onto Glover he may want to rethink his strategy. Glover is going to knock Jon Jones the **** out and ruin the Jones Gustaffson rematch.
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 5 months, 2 weeks, 6 days, 18 hours, and 26 minutes from now.
legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

04.01.2014 | 5:37 PM ET

I seriously believe that second to Chael this is the weakest opponent Jones has faced in a title bout. But still I´m gonna cross my fingers, dance naked in the rain and shave half my beard if that helps Glover KO Jones

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

slamdistraction
slamdistraction
  • Predictions:  702  |  61.0%
  • Forum Posts:  249
  • Post Score: 117

04.02.2014 | 9:31 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Teixeira   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

Teixeira won't get subbed, he's too experienced a grappler. All you guys underestimating him, this guy is an animal. I see Jones getting hit a lot in this fight, but I don't see him being able to create many takedowns, and I definitely don't see him trying to hang out in Teixeira's guard. I just don't think Jones has ever had it really taken to him. Gus did a good job and fought smart, but never really capitalized and put Jones into deep waters.

"Beating people up is a positive thing –Tank Abbott"

Kpro
Kpro
  • Predictions:  11,208  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,927
  • Post Score: 255

04.02.2014 | 10:29 AM ET

Pretty wild how the opinion on Glover varies so much.  I think he's the most well rounded finisher Jones will have faced.

"I Stab Waterbeds!"

C_Arnoud
C_Arnoud
  • Predictions:  3,914  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,448
  • Post Score: 200

04.02.2014 | 10:46 AM ET

If Glover lands on Jones as Gus did, i think the champ will get KOd.
But i think Jones is not going to engage (like in the Rashad fight) and just spam kicks all night.

He could get a KO late, but im banking in a decision.
legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

04.02.2014 | 1:18 PM ET

it seems to me that after Gustafsson almost defeated  Jones a lot of people think that a fighter with more KO power is going to knockhim out, but they seem to forget that the trouble in defeating Jones is not that he has a freak chin but rather that he is hard to hit with power punches, because of his reach and how well he manages his distance with jabs and kicks and when a fighter gets close he uses his elbows and knees and every fighter ha has fough has faced the same problems and that´s one of the main reasons (imo) no one has been able to defeat him, Gus put his reach in good use and managed to close the distance enough to almost defeat Jones with superior boxing, imo Jones had trouble adjusting to Gus reach until later rounds when he started to pick up the fight and what do you know he ****** Gus in the head with an elbow while closing the distance and THAT got him the fight (btw IMO Gus won, but thats niether here nor there). Glover has fair striking and good BJJ but Jones is strong and has longer limbs and those kind of fighters are hard to submit if not by chokes and I don´t see Glover being faster than Jones to caught him off guard and sub him in the striking department I think Glover has mor power than Jones but he leaves himself open a lot he has been taged and nearly KO´d in almost all of his UFC fight, Jones only needs a good placed elbow or headkick to end the fight and he is very good finding those holes while Glover is very bad at defending them.

Glover is gonna get exposed and leave people wondering how do they ever tought he had the smallest chance.

I wish I´m worng nothing would make me happier (except seeing Gus KO Jones).

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Borralho Vs. Craig Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction
  • MMA Mania : Inspirational Pereira ‘Not Worried’ About Legacy Talk
  • MMA Mania : White ‘Probably A Little Mad’ About McGregor BKFC Deal
  • MMAFighting.com : Jairzinho Rozenstruik plans to reconnect with ‘my real power source’ in Suriname, return against a top heavyweight
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva will keep 'unreachable' callout secret for one more fight after UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Make After UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Maker After UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Junkie : Ketlen Souza unwilling to take breaks after scoring first octagon win at UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMAFighting.com : Bogdan Guskov promises to keep delivering exciting fights after UFC Vegas 91 win: ‘I love blood’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Maheshate felt 'extra burden' after consecutive losses
  • MMA Mania : Covington On ‘Nobody’ Garry: ‘He’s Not Serious’
  • MMAFighting.com : Bryan Barberena announces UFC exit, calls for ‘real brawler’ BKFC battle with Mike Perry
  • MMA Junkie : Austin Hubbard admits he was 'super nervous, stressed out' before UFC on ESPN 55 win
  • MMA Junkie : Charly Arnolt details historic impromptu UFC cage announcer role: 'I was scared of messing up'
  • MMAFighting.com : Paddy Pimblett responds to UFC 300 callouts from Renato Moicano, Bobby Green
  • MMA Junkie : 'LokDog' Vinicius Oliveira gets Ricky Simon in first fight since UFC Knockout of the Year candidate
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Don'Tale Mayes wants quick return on hometown Louisville card
  • MMA Mania : ‘My Style, It’s Worst Style For This Guy Dustin’
  • MMAFighting.com : Thiago Alves retires from combat sports after Mike Perry knockout loss at KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Ryan Garcia shows Colby Covington left hooks after Donald Trump meetup in Florida