Topic: Jones vs. Teixeira

Jones vs. Teixeira

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,729  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,617
  • Post Score: 60

12.16.2013 | 11:51 AM ET

Prediction: correct Jones   correct Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for Jones vs. Teixeira. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 3

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones
  • Predictions:  40,133  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,674
  • Post Score: 286

04.22.2014 | 11:00 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Teixeira   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

So many Flows.
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 5 months, 5 days, 17 hours, and 15 minutes from now.
michigandolphin
michigandolphin
  • Predictions:  25,001  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,973
  • Post Score: 261

04.22.2014 | 11:38 AM ET

Prediction: correct Jones   wrong Submission   wrong Round 3  

Some would say its...
•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

Overflow.

"Frig off, bud"

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,515  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

04.22.2014 | 11:48 AM ET

Prediction: correct Jones   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

Jones by Guillintine as Teixiera leaves his neck exposed too easily.  Bader fight is a perfect example.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

putaforkinya
putaforkinya
  • Predictions:  10,025  |  59.2%
  • Forum Posts:  736
  • Post Score: 236

04.22.2014 | 12:23 PM ET

nomad's post on page 1 could infact be the worst post i've ever seen on Tapology.  he is either trolling or he has serious trouble excepting the fact that jones is good.

any way.  I don't discredit Glover at all and well most people are saying he gassed in the maldonado fight as if to say he has bad cardio, i actually think that showed that he has GOOD cardio.  he wasn't just tired because he was late into the 2nd rd he was tired (and not even by that much) because he was pretty much throwing BOMBS for 2 rds straight.  which i'm sure everyone can admit would tire out most fighters. see carwin/lesnar, Brown/reem, hendo/shogun 1, shogun/forrest 1..... etc

I still think Jones wins but not because Glover will tire.  I just think his reach will be to much for Glover and that he will play it a little bit more safe this fight due to his last fight being so close.

* Edited at 04.22.2014, 12:30 PM ET *

" holy **** did you see that?, baddest ***********er ever, hooooly ****" -Dana White seconds after Silva KO'd Vitor

2 Nyce
2 Nyce
  • Predictions:  19,158  |  59.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,852
  • Post Score: 214

04.22.2014 | 1:29 PM ET

Prediction: correct Jones   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

amp112
amp112
  • Predictions:  37,156  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,588
  • Post Score: 208

04.22.2014 | 2:24 PM ET

Jon Jones has the same "barriers" that Anderson Silva had. There's the "allure" of fighting Jon Jones. People see what he's done to previous opponents and are a little tentative. Also, the way to beat Jones is get on the inside and beat him at his own game. You don't necessarily have to have the length that Gus did.

Weidman used that formula to beat Silva. He wasn't afraid of him and he got on the inside, took him down, hit him with some really good shots. Did similar things in their second fight.

If Glover can get over the fact that he's fighting Jon Jones and not be afraid to get on the inside, I can see him doing well. I don't think he will though. I think he'll fall into the same trap as Jones' other opponents which is stay on the outside where they think they are safe. In fact, you're probably safer clinching up with Jones then you are staying on his perimeter and letting him pick you apart.
p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

04.22.2014 | 2:37 PM ET

Prediction: correct Jones   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

amp you are right about getting inside on Jones is probably the best way to get at him but Machida tried that and well...........

If Glover gets inside and clinches he better be very careful of some nasty elbows and knees and a guillotine. 

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

amp112
amp112

04.22.2014 | 2:53 PM ET

Machida still stayed on the outside, but that's Machida's style. And the submission happened well after Jones slammed him and pounded his head with elbows. By the time the submission happened, Machida was barely hanging on.

And I'm not saying clinch with the guy for the whole fight. I just mean you're probably safer in the clinch than in striking range, because that's where Jones does a lot of his damage, because you can't reach him and he can reach you.

I mean get on the inside where his reach advantage is negated. It's the same advice they give all fighters when they fight someone with a significantly longer reach.
CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones

04.22.2014 | 4:35 PM ET

Glover's not going to get subbed by an inferior grappler whose main weapon is strength and not technique.
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 5 months, 5 days, 17 hours, and 15 minutes from now.
flOw _
flOw _

04.22.2014 | 4:46 PM ET

Amp Weidman could use that formula to beat Silva because he had half an inch reach ADVANTAGE, even though it's a slight difference it still contributes to the fact that Weidman has a chance because both fighters reach was identical. The problem with Glover being able to use that formula is the guy he's fighting has a 8 and a half reach advantage over him. It's something easier said than done. While reach doesn't always matter it would still be helpful and I see Glover being able to pick his shots carefully. 
This user is suspended from posting until 1 month, 1 week, 3 days, 11 hours, and 44 minutes from now.
amp112
amp112

04.22.2014 | 4:58 PM ET

@flow. You have a good point about reach not being the only deciding factor.

Just because you have the reach advantage doesn't mean you'll have a better time hitting your shots. Again going to the Weidman example. If he stood at arm's length with Silva, even though he has the reach advantage, Silva is still the better striker on the perimeter because that's where Silva excels. He can't stay toe to toe with a striker like that. But Weidman did step in when striking which negated some of Silva's striking prowess.

Duane Ludwig was talking about that fight. He said that Weidman accidentally figured out Silva's head movement and striking tendencies. Which is how he won the first fight. His plan may not have been to hit Silva on the inside, but that's how he won.
flOw _
flOw _

04.22.2014 | 5:36 PM ET

@amp it also depends on the fighter themselves and if they know how to use their reach efficiently. Look at how many times stefan struve has been knocked out yet he has the same reach as Jon Jones so that's a good point. Jones is probably the best fighter at making full use of his reach however Gus found a way to counter it. 
This user is suspended from posting until 1 month, 1 week, 3 days, 11 hours, and 44 minutes from now.
Gebe
Gebe
  • Predictions:  2,174  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,292
  • Post Score: 198

04.22.2014 | 7:44 PM ET

Seeing Glover's last bouts, he doesnt really give a **** about protecting his own face until he gets tagged. I root for the guy deeply, but if he get tagged by Jones, I don't think Jon will bullrush as Bader did, and will pick him apart for the finish.

I hope a hell lot for Glover to win, but Jones finds a way to win eventually, right or wrong.

What I wait now, if to see Gus against Jones.. That's the only fight, right now, which I trust can change the champion.

Glover has great power, but he seems slow , and sluggish in latter rounds. I don't know if he can get Jones to the ground, or submit him, this match really gets me anxious.

"Fighter by day, Lover by night"

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

04.22.2014 | 10:29 PM ET

After Teixiera, who else is there besides Gustafson?

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones

04.22.2014 | 10:36 PM ET

Phil Davis, Hendo/Cormier, Rashad again.
flOw _
flOw _

04.22.2014 | 10:38 PM ET

I had to switch Teixeira from RD 3 to RD 2 after re-watching his fights, he's seems to gas by the end of the second round. 
p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

04.22.2014 | 10:46 PM ET

Prediction: correct Jones   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

ajjets10
ajjets10
  • Predictions:  957  |  58.1%
  • Forum Posts:  88
  • Post Score: -626

04.22.2014 | 10:58 PM ET

glover is gonna win this in brutal fashion, jones cannot take him down and cannot stand with him. Actually I think Glover takes Jones down in this fight.
rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

04.23.2014 | 2:32 PM ET

Jones can take down any LHW including Cormier. 

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones

04.23.2014 | 3:45 PM ET

1 of 11 on takedown attempts against Gus. I mean, I guess technically he did do it, but it's not like he did it at will.

Page 3

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : UFC books Tracy Cortez vs. Miranda Maverick for summer showdown
  • MMAFighting.com : Maycee Barber vs. Rose Namajunas targeted for UFC Fight Night headliner on July 13
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Money Doesn’t Equal Emotional Intelligence
  • MMA Mania : Meet UFC Vegas 92’s ‘Miracle’
  • MMA Junkie : Rising Japanese star Tatsuro Taira books first UFC main event vs. Alex Perez on June 15
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL announces dates, locations for 2024 playoffs
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 56 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media
  • MMA Mania : Rampage Vs. Briggs Falls Apart Amid Promoter Fraud Concerns
  • MMA Junkie : Bellator champion Patchy Mix: 'I can't get the respect that Sean O'Malley has'
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Perez vs. Tatsuro Taira now expected to headline UFC event on June 15
  • MMA Mania : ‘My Dream Was To Become Champion’
  • MMA Junkie : 'Age doesn't matter': Mike Tyson, Jake Paul discuss experience vs. youth dynamic of boxing match
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Pereira shows menace, humor in new Topps commercial
  • Middle Easy : Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson Presser Highlights: Kid Asks Boxers Who Has Higher ‘Body Count’
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Tyson warns Jake Paul he will be fighting for his life; Paul responds
  • MMA Mania : Shake-Up! Perez Vs. Taira Now Headlines UFC Vegas 93
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Mike Tyson and Jake Paul go nose-to-nose in first Tyson vs. Paul faceoff
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Mike Tyson, Jake Paul have playful faceoff at first press conference in New York
  • MMA Junkie : Colby Covington: Belal Muhammad 'squatting on his ranking,' doesn't deserve UFC title fight
  • Middle Easy : BKFC President David Feldman Talks Conor McGregor’s Fighting Future, Teases Two ‘UFC Legends’ In Talks to Join Promotion