Topic: UCFC 5

Looks like Shamrock vs Freeman is off

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

DontBeScaredHomie
DontBeScaredHomie
  • Predictions:  44,107  |  58.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,226
  • Post Score: 278

07.03.2013 | 9:51 AM ET

Predictions: 3 of 7 Winners, 2 Perfect, 265 Points   |   Tied for 46th with 6 others

http://www.fightersonlymag.com/content/news/19272-ian-freeman-and-ken-shamrock-go-to-war-over-cancelled-fight
I kinda figured this would happen. If the contract disputes Ken is talking about are true i kinda agree with him here...thats something i thought i would never say

"Ohhhhhhhh ****! Look at that door, dude. See that door there? The one marked "Pirate"? You think a pirate lives in there?"

UCFC 5
Bout   Info
Ian Freeman   defeats   Ricco Rodriguez   via KO/TKO, Leg Kick, Punches   2:11 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Scott Askham   defeats   Jack Marshman   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Colin Robinson   defeats   Darren Towler   via KO/TKO   4:35 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Karl Etherington   defeats   Harry Duiven Jr   via Disqualificaton, Illegal Strike   4:14 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Zi Shah   defeats   Khalad Radman   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   4:04 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Danny Tombs   defeats   Ryan Boyd   via KO/TKO   3:24 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Dragan Pešić   defeats   David Stone   via Submission, Armbar   0:27 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Dan Konecke   defeats   Adam Wright   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 9:00 Total Bout Page
Tom Howells   defeats   Micky Oliver   via Submission, Armbar   0:51 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Carl Luke   defeats   James Harrison   via KO/TKO, Cut   3:00 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,435  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,488
  • Post Score: 203

07.03.2013 | 10:01 AM ET

Predictions: 2 of 7 Winners, 0 Perfect, 100 Points   |   89th Place

Is anyone actually shocked. Shamrock has been an absolute bum since 2005. He is in it 100% for the money now, that is not a good thing in any sport. Shamrock asked o get paid a chunk of cash up front for a reason, he is a bum. He took his money and ran. Retire so you can live your life Shamrock. Go enjoy your family and steroids outside the sport of MMA .

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

AllHailKrull
AllHailKrull
  • Predictions:  1,522  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,672
  • Post Score: 180

07.03.2013 | 10:04 AM ET

A poster on Sherdog pointed out that Chael called Shamrock out on this a year or two back.

Which is just more proof that Chael never lies.

"People say ‘oh, so you should retire.’ Yeah, you want me to retire so you won’t get knocked out. - Vitor Belfort"

nogfan
nogfan
  • Predictions:  15,253  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,269
  • Post Score: 199

07.03.2013 | 10:11 AM ET

Predictions: 0 of 1 Winners, 0 Perfect, 0 Points   |   Tied for 107th

Really at this point and time ken should just retire. he's gone 3-9 in the last 10 years wit 8 of those losses coming by a TKO of some sort.  
jmcdowell
jmcdowell
  • Predictions:  1,448  |  63.7%
  • Forum Posts:  450
  • Post Score: 188

07.03.2013 | 1:06 PM ET

Was anyone all that amped up to see this?

"“I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious” - Lombardi"

amp112
amp112
  • Predictions:  37,156  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,588
  • Post Score: 208

07.03.2013 | 1:51 PM ET

Predictions: 4 of 7 Winners, 0 Perfect, 230 Points   |   Tied for 63rd

Don't know why Shamrock is still trying to fight. His fighting days are long behind him.
curtwag84
curtwag84
  • Predictions:  13,940  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,695
  • Post Score: 273

07.24.2013 | 10:19 AM ET

Predictions: 3 of 7 Winners, 0 Perfect, 195 Points   |   Tied for 73rd

Looks like this will be a good card , they updated on their website

Its actually UCFC 6

MAIN CARD

Ian “The Machine” Freeman Vs Ricco Rodriquez Pro World Heavyweight Legends Title bout

Scott Askham vs Jack Marshman  -UCFC British Middleweight Title Bout

Neil Grove Vs Oli Thompson – Pro heavyweight bout

Karl Etherington vs Harry Duivan Jr. - UCFC Pro Heavyweight Bout

Darren Towler Vs Colin Robinson – UCFC Pro Heavyweight Bout

Paul Taylor Vs Craig Burke – Pro heavyweight bout

Khaled Radmen Vs Zi Shah UCFC Pro featherweight British title bout

The main card is set and final , the under card is 7 fights but cant find confirmation except for the Dragan Pesic vs David Stone fight

UNDER CARD

Ross Pointon Vs James Parker – Pro light heavyweight bout

Ryan Boyd Vs Danny Tombs – Pro Middleweight bout

Rob Hardman Vs Nathan Wilson – Pro welterweight bout

Dragan Pesic Vs David "Shotie" Stone – pro featherweight bout

Conor Hignett Vs TBC – Pro flyweight bout

Adam Wright Vs Dan Konecke – Amateur (A-Class) light heavyweight bout

Danny Ball Vs Tom Howell – Amateur (A-Class) lightweight bout

Jamie Faulding Vs Tommy Miller – Amateur (A-Class) featherweight bout

James Harrison Vs Carl Luke – Amateur (A-Class) middleweight bout

Andre Winner Vs Louis Chapman Pro lightweight bout  ? (probably off , I doubt winner would be on the undercard if this was still on)

* Edited at 07.24.2013, 10:59 AM ET *

"I'd like to take this chance, to appologize. To absolutely nobody. -Connor McGreGOAT"

DontBeScaredHomie
DontBeScaredHomie
  • Predictions:  44,107  |  58.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,226
  • Post Score: 278

07.26.2013 | 10:52 PM ET

Predictions: 3 of 7 Winners, 2 Perfect, 265 Points   |   Tied for 46th with 6 others

THE UCFC has confirmed that Neil Grove has pulled out of his fight.

Neil was due to face Oli Thompson in a UCFC heavyweight bout on the show held on Saturday (27th) at the Keepmoat Stadium, Doncaster.

A UCFC spokesman said: “It is with regret that the UCFC can confirm that Neil Grove has pulled out of his fight against Oli Thompson in their pro heavyweight bout.

“The UCFC is saddened Neil will not be appearing as his bout with Oli would have been a crowd pleaser.

“Oli’s management team have already been informed of Neil’s decision.”

The event is being headlined by UK MMA favourite Ian “The Machine” Freeman and former UFC champion Ricco Rodriguez. They are clashing for a UCFC world heavyweight title bout.

Also fighting on the card are legends Paul Taylor, Darren “Powerhouse” Towler, Scott Askham, as well as Zi Shah, Craig Burke, Khaled “Ammo” Radman and Jack Marshman.

Music is being provided by Professor Green, Jay Mya and the Educates and Sam Wright.

The spokesman added: “There are still tickets available of the fight event of the year and if you are a fight fan then this is one show not to be missed.

“Good luck to all the fighters taking part in this talented fight card.”

"Ohhhhhhhh ****! Look at that door, dude. See that door there? The one marked "Pirate"? You think a pirate lives in there?"

curtwag84
curtwag84
  • Predictions:  13,940  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,695
  • Post Score: 273

07.26.2013 | 10:56 PM ET

Predictions: 3 of 7 Winners, 0 Perfect, 195 Points   |   Tied for 73rd

Dang , such a decent looking small promotion card getting busted up by injuries and other stuff. First Ken then Andre now Grove. Still pretty decent but could have been so much better.

"I'd like to take this chance, to appologize. To absolutely nobody. -Connor McGreGOAT"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC 302 Tapology coverage is now live
  • Niko Price vs. Alex Morono II - Round 3 is in progress.
  • Join the UFC 302 live discussion
  • Tapology Picks: Alex Morono 88% Niko Price 12%
  • Alex "The Great White" Morono (24-9-0, 1 NC) TX, US is the #29th Top Welterweight MMA fighter.
  • Niko "The Hybrid" Price (15-7-0, 2 NC) FL, US is the #43rd Top Welterweight MMA fighter.
  • UFC 302 features 12 MMA bouts
  • The event takes place from Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey