Topic: Matt Mitrione

Matt Mitrione has been supended following his comments about Fallon Fox on 'The MMA Hour'.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,337  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

04.08.2013 | 6:43 PM ET

Heres what he said.

He began with a story mentioning that he watched the classic film “The Silence of the Lambs” last week, and likened Fox to the film’s antagonist, serial killer Jame Gumb, who went by the nickname “Buffalo Bill.”

“Maybe instead of being ‘the Queen of Swords,’ Fallon Fox should consider being “The King of the Buffalos,” he said.

Repeatedly referring to Fox as “he” and “him,” Mitrione said after viewing Fox’s fight videos, he hadn’t “seen a man beat a woman like that since Chris Brown beat Rihanna. That is exceptional how he just beats innocent, unknowing women like that. Incredible.”

After telling another joke, host Ariel Helwani asked Mitrione, “Why do you hate Fallon Fox so much, and why do you keep calling she a ‘he’?”

“Because she’s not a he. He’s a he,” he said. “He’s chromosomally a man. He had a gender change, not a sex change. He’s still a man. He was a man for 31 years. Thirty-one years. That’s a couple years younger than I am. He’s a man. Six years of taking performance de-hancing drugs, you think is going to change all that? That’s ridiculous.

“That is a lying, sick, sociopathic, disgusting freak,” he continued. “And I mean that. Because you lied on your license to beat up women. That’s disgusting. You should be embarrassed yourself. And the fact that Florida licensed him because California licensed him or whoever the hell did it, it’s an embarrassment to us as fighters, as a sport, and we all should protest that. The woman that’s fighting him, props to you. I hope you beat his ass, and I hope he gets blackballed and never fights again, because that’s disgusting and I’m appalled by that.”

* Edited at 04.08.2013, 6:44 PM ET *

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Matt Mitrione

Photo Source:  

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Matthew Steven Mitrione
  • Pro MMA Record: 13-9-0, 1 NC (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: N/A
  • Current Streak: 4 Losses
  • Last Fight: July 16, 2021 in BFC
  • Weight Class: Heavyweight | Last Weigh-In: 261.0 lbs
  • Affiliation: N/A
  • Height: 6'3" (191cm) | Reach: 80.0" (203cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $310,000 USD
  • Born: Springfield, Illinois, United States
  • Fighting out of: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
  • College: Purdue University
  • Foundation Style: N/A
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses Page 6

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,563
  • Post Score: 275

04.10.2013 | 1:14 PM ET

I havent' kept up to date with this thread, but I'll reiterate my opinions:

- I don't think Fox should be allowed to fight women, it's unfair and dangerous to the opponents

- I do think Mitrione should have been suspended (at least for a brief period of time to make a point). He crossed the line in a way that others did not.

"I live, I die, I live again."

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

04.10.2013 | 1:40 PM ET

I have to agree here.  To allow Fox to fight WMMA is hypocritical and a fallacy.  However, Mitrione's comments were vitriolic to the sport and to the company he is employed by.

I know.. Freedom of Speech right?  Well, in the good 'ol USA, freedom of speech does not exist in the work place.  Here are some quick quotes... I'm sure you could find all kinds w/ some research:

In America you can say pretty much whatever you want, wherever you want to say it. Unless, that is, you’re at work. Simply put, there is no First Amendment right to “free speech” in the workplace"

“The First Amendment applies only to employees of the government in certain situations, and all citizens when they’re confronted by the government,” says Mark Trapp, an employment lawyer with Epstein Baker Green in Chicago. “In other words, freedom to speak your mind doesn’t really exist in work spaces.”

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

C_Arnoud
C_Arnoud
  • Predictions:  3,914  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,448
  • Post Score: 200

04.10.2013 | 2:26 PM ET

@Lynx hmn, the "mentally ill" comment is a problem...
not our place to judge Fallon's options in life. 
only the mma part concerns us.

and nowadays women do all kinds of stuff, they can be marines and fight mma.

* Edited at 04.10.2013, 2:26 PM ET *

jaykool777
jaykool777
  • Predictions:  25,528  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,654
  • Post Score: 158

04.10.2013 | 5:49 PM ET

To me it just doesn't make sense that Mittrione got suspended for the comments that he's made. Were they harsh, a little over the top, any kind of uncalled for? In a sense, yes, but then again, fighters say ****** up **** to and about each other all the time. Look at the comments that Chael Sonnen said about Brazil, Brazilian fighters, Anderson Silva, and Anderson Silva's wife leading up to the fight at UFC 148. I could understand, if Dana White gave Mittrione a warning, and possiblly even having Mittrione make a public apology, but to suspend him from fighting, basically keeping him from making a living is a little harsh of a punishment.

The only reason that Mittrione was suspended is because Fallon Fox is a transgender fighter, and it doesn't fight for the UFC, and GOD FORBID, because Dana White doesn't want the UFC to seem politically incorrect. If Fallon Fox was still a man, and Mittrione was just saying **** like that about another fighter, in another organization, then there would be no problems.

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

MQuestionable
MQuestionable
  • Predictions:  7,456  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,603
  • Post Score: 284

04.10.2013 | 6:09 PM ET

I wonder how long "indefinitely" will be.  He only seems to fight once or twice a year anyway.  If the suspension is around 6 months or less, it won't really impact his income.  I saw highlights of his De Fries knockout on ESPN the other day, so he's still "in the public eye" and being discussed, so I guess it's not all terrible for Meathead.  Hopefully this is just a slap on the wrist to save the UFC's PRISTINE image.

* Edited at 04.10.2013, 6:10 PM ET *

Page 6

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Liisi Vaht Makes Flawless Debut In ONE Friday Fights 60 Results
  • Jits Magazine : Craig Jones Reveals His ‘Stack’ Of Steroids From Ever Titan
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Vegas 91 Results: Nicolau vs. Perez
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 Results: Perry vs. Alves
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Even Holloway Knows He Got Dropped At UFC 300
  • MMA Junkie : Video: LFA's Kendra McIntyre ragdoll KOs opponent with absolutely vicious head kick
  • MMA Mania : Staredowns! ‘Platinum’ Has Fiery Exchange With Alves
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 weigh-in video, results
  • MMA Junkie : Anthony Smith on Alex Pereira: 'Given the opportunity, we both would jump on it'
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! BKFC ‘KnuckleMania 4’ Official Weigh Ins Video!
  • MMA Junkie : Video: BKFC KnuckleMania 4 ceremonial weigh-ins live stream
  • MMA Junkie : Video: BKFC KnuckleMania 4 ceremonial weigh-ins live stream (9 p.m. ET)
  • Middle Easy : Max Holloway Recalls Justin Gaethje’s ‘Vibranium’ Leg Kicks: ‘This Guy Kick Hard As Sh*t’
  • MMA Junkie : Vanessa Demopoulos prepared to get used to familiarity with UFC opponents like Emily Ducote
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 weigh-in video at 9 p.m. ET
  • MMA Mania : Aldo Hoping For McGregor ‘Of Old’ At UFC 303
  • Bad Left Hook : Esparza loses three belts on scale
  • Bad Left Hook : Spence reportedly in ligation with former trainer over unpaid fees
  • Bad Left Hook : Errol Spence reportedly in ligation with trainer Derrick James over unpaid fees
  • MMA Junkie : Why Chael Sonnen thinks Tom Aspinall potentially facing Ciryl Gane at UFC 304 is a big risk