Topic: Matt Mitrione

Matt Mitrione has been supended following his comments about Fallon Fox on 'The MMA Hour'.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,395  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

04.08.2013 | 6:43 PM ET

Heres what he said.

He began with a story mentioning that he watched the classic film “The Silence of the Lambs” last week, and likened Fox to the film’s antagonist, serial killer Jame Gumb, who went by the nickname “Buffalo Bill.”

“Maybe instead of being ‘the Queen of Swords,’ Fallon Fox should consider being “The King of the Buffalos,” he said.

Repeatedly referring to Fox as “he” and “him,” Mitrione said after viewing Fox’s fight videos, he hadn’t “seen a man beat a woman like that since Chris Brown beat Rihanna. That is exceptional how he just beats innocent, unknowing women like that. Incredible.”

After telling another joke, host Ariel Helwani asked Mitrione, “Why do you hate Fallon Fox so much, and why do you keep calling she a ‘he’?”

“Because she’s not a he. He’s a he,” he said. “He’s chromosomally a man. He had a gender change, not a sex change. He’s still a man. He was a man for 31 years. Thirty-one years. That’s a couple years younger than I am. He’s a man. Six years of taking performance de-hancing drugs, you think is going to change all that? That’s ridiculous.

“That is a lying, sick, sociopathic, disgusting freak,” he continued. “And I mean that. Because you lied on your license to beat up women. That’s disgusting. You should be embarrassed yourself. And the fact that Florida licensed him because California licensed him or whoever the hell did it, it’s an embarrassment to us as fighters, as a sport, and we all should protest that. The woman that’s fighting him, props to you. I hope you beat his ass, and I hope he gets blackballed and never fights again, because that’s disgusting and I’m appalled by that.”

* Edited at 04.08.2013, 6:44 PM ET *

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Matt Mitrione

Photo Source:  

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Matthew Steven Mitrione
  • Pro MMA Record: 13-9-0, 1 NC (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: N/A
  • Current Streak: 4 Losses
  • Last Fight: July 16, 2021 in BFC
  • Weight Class: Heavyweight | Last Weigh-In: 261.0 lbs
  • Affiliation: N/A
  • Height: 6'3" (191cm) | Reach: 80.0" (203cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $310,000 USD
  • Born: Springfield, Illinois, United States
  • Fighting out of: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
  • College: Purdue University
  • Foundation Style: N/A
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses Page 4

edwinx1903
edwinx1903
  • Predictions:  1,280  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,039
  • Post Score: 245

04.08.2013 | 10:01 PM ET

Totally agree with Matt.

Kudos for him for standing up for what he believes in.

However, I do think he took it a bit overboard with his rant, but I still agree with him.
wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

04.08.2013 | 10:16 PM ET

i'm proud of meathead and will donate librium and clonazepam to slow down his rants. if fedor ever did make a comeback i want him to fight either mitrione or nelson and then get a top 4 guy.

* Edited at 04.08.2013, 10:22 PM ET *

foley4ever87
foley4ever87
  • Predictions:  7,061  |  60.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,092
  • Post Score: 86

04.08.2013 | 10:20 PM ET

They call him Meathead for a reason. He doesn't think before he talks. I think he is saying what most people are thinking You have a former man trying to fight women in women's MMA. But still kind of has that man's physical traits. I can see why they put Matt on the chopping block to save face and not be picketed by some LGBT group for 2 weeks. They can afford to cut him if necessary to save face, PPV number will not really decrease if Matt Mitrione doesn't fight. My opinion on Fallon Fox is if she wants to fight women fine let start her off with some one who also has a huge freakin frame like Cyborg.  

" Stephen Quadros: "How long have you had that mustache?" Don Frye: "Since I was 5. I got it from my mom's side of the family. She's not a pretty woman.""

edwinx1903
edwinx1903

04.08.2013 | 10:28 PM ET

@foley4ever87 They shouldn't cut Matt for speaking his mind.

If Shaq gets a gender change, would he be eligible to play in the WNBA?

Think about it.

I'm sorry if my comments offend anyone, I'm just speaking my mind and commenting on the topic about Fallon Fox.

* Edited at 04.08.2013, 10:30 PM ET *

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

04.08.2013 | 10:32 PM ET

If Shaq got a gender change, WNBA would become pay-per-view and they would hit a million buys for every game.

"الله أكبرl"

amp112
amp112
  • Predictions:  37,156  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,588
  • Post Score: 208

04.08.2013 | 11:16 PM ET

Shouldnt have got suspended for that. None of it was hateful, he was just stating facts. Fox is biologically a man. Nothing wrong with him becoming a her, but she has to realize that she's not the same as her competition.

That comment about the chris brown/rihanna reference was hilarious, btw
MQuestionable
MQuestionable
  • Predictions:  7,456  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,603
  • Post Score: 284

04.08.2013 | 11:18 PM ET

I've never been a fan of suspensions for "misconduct".  All that matters is performance.

* Edited at 04.08.2013, 11:19 PM ET *

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

04.09.2013 | 2:44 AM ET

He's right, it is cowardly for transgendered men to be fighting women. If you're a tranny I'm okay if you fight as are most of us, but its gotta be against other men.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 2 months, 3 weeks, 6 days, 14 hours, and 12 minutes from now.
PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  32,095  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,973
  • Post Score: 195

04.09.2013 | 2:59 AM ET

TBF Mitrione's performance has totally sucked the two times he fought guys who weren't cans and/or people with no ground game. 

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

MQuestionable
MQuestionable
  • Predictions:  7,456  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,603
  • Post Score: 284

04.09.2013 | 3:00 AM ET

That's besides the point, Pillory.  You don't suspend a guy for winning.
yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,528  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

04.09.2013 | 4:00 AM ET

@benjaminbrandt, Joe Rogan left out all of the "sociopathic, sick, freak" remarks and didn't say "she's not a she, he's a he" and stuff, he said multiple times that in real life he has no problem with it but criticized the **** out of her wanting to fight women.

It was different ... harsh too, but very different ... there was no LGBT hate in Rogan's comments.

Mittrione said a lot of **** that was just stupid and went a bit too far, but he's been known to do that hasn't he ...

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  21,024  |  71.7%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

04.09.2013 | 4:19 AM ET

Wow that's total BS ! I get that the UFC is trying to change their image the cut from Riddle comes to mind where Dana stated that Riddle was released because he said those things about weed and his kids.

But at the same time the president of the organization insults people in almost evey interview he gives. Recently the Swedisch commission, he called Riddle an idiot and the list goes on and on. Rogan had strong words for Fallon as well but Dana never said anything about it.

This just screams hypocrisy, otheres allready mentioned what Rashad said or Dana calling someone ******.

And I'm scrolling thru twitter right now and nobody seems to speak up, although I'm pretty sure a large percentage of UFC fighters thinks the exact same thing about Fox as Mitrione does.

Another reason for a union for the fighters, not gonna happen though. I hope they don't suspend him for very long at least...

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones
  • Predictions:  40,133  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,674
  • Post Score: 286

04.09.2013 | 5:10 AM ET

Tell the truth, get suspended.
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 5 months, 1 week, 3 days, 10 hours, and 16 minutes from now.
jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero
  • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,396
  • Post Score: 240

04.09.2013 | 5:24 AM ET

Funny how Matt gets suspended yet Dana can go around saying "This ******* guy" "Let me tell you about this ******* moron" and calling guys "The Dummy". Most of all calling Loretta Hunt a "dumb *****" along with her sources being called "******s" and only apologizing when gay rights groups got on his back. (That's a double entendre if I've ever seen one)

This is Miguel Torres tweeting all over again. Dana is awesome but god damn it he can be one hell of a hypocrite at times.

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  21,024  |  71.7%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

04.09.2013 | 5:27 AM ET

@Yoss

"there was no LGBT hate in Rogan's comments"

Where is the hate in Mitrione's comments ?

He's just speaking about Fallon Fox the MMA fighter not about every single tranny. He calls here “a lying, sick, sociopathic, disgusting freak,” because she lied to her opponents, because Matt thinks Fox beats women and shouldn't be allowed to do so, not because she is a tranny.

This was pretty clear to me when I watched the interview, it also happend in the "Mitrione Minute" where he usually makes joke about other MMA fighters.

I agree that he probably could have used other words to describe her but he shouldn't get suspended for it.

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

edwinx1903
edwinx1903

04.09.2013 | 9:13 AM ET

I'm curious of those who support Fox fighting women, would they feel comfortable watching Fox punch a female family member of theirs in the face say if a fight broke out at a mall knowing she was a man for example?

If you support Fox fighting women, you would have to support her punching a female family member of yours if a fight broke out.

If not, then you're being just as much of a hypocrite on this topic than as Dana is being with suspending Mittrione for this when he's done things worse or on the same level as him.
mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,502  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,792
  • Post Score: 180

04.09.2013 | 10:55 AM ET

Congratulations Tapology. I was very happily surprised with the majority opinion when reading this thread.

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

vazio
vazio
  • Predictions:  17,531  |  63.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,205
  • Post Score: 225

04.09.2013 | 12:37 PM ET

While I can't really agree with the suspension, expressing your view about gender issues is completely different to calling another athlete "a lying, sick, sociopathic, disgusting freak" and comparing her to serial killers BECAUSE of her sexual choice/orientation.

Freedom of speech is different than hate speech.

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,482  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

04.09.2013 | 1:28 PM ET

But he wasnt degrading Fox for the sex change, he was degrading Fox for fighting women when she had been a man for 30 years. Worst of all she didnt tell a commission and her opponents had no knowledge of this.

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

04.09.2013 | 2:39 PM ET

@Vazio

You completely missed his point. he was calling her/him those names because she/he was lying about being man and fighting woman. That is dangerous and simply scummy to do. Yes you have to be tapped to hide something like that. It completely unfair advantage that both the commission and the people she/he were fighting were unaware of. 

* Edited at 04.09.2013, 2:40 PM ET *

"here I come to save the day"

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : UFC St. Louis: Best Betting Props, Parlays And Picks
  • Jits Magazine : UFC Fight Pass Invitational 7 Full Preview
  • Jits Magazine : Raphael Assuncao Gives His Side Of Spitting Incident At IBJJF Open
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! McGregor’s Comeback Fight Poster Is A Complete Disaster
  • MMA Mania : ‘I’ll Be Fighting For The Title Next Year’
  • Middle Easy : Chael Sonnen Credits Colby Covington For Ian Garry Troll Job: ‘Some Of His Finest Work’
  • MMA Junkie : Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler UFC 303 poster features yellow yelling faces
  • MMAFighting.com : No Bets Barred: Can Derrick Lewis deliver another knockout at UFC St. Louis?
  • MMA Junkie : Robelis Despaigne sees himself fighting for UFC heavyweight title in 2025
  • MMA Mania : ‘You’re Not A Real Man!’ Sterling And O’Malley Reignite Rivalry
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303 poster released showing return of Conor McGregor, Michael Chandler
  • Middle Easy : Arman Tsarukyan’s Coach Doesn’t Believe #1 Contender Is Ready To Dethrone Islam Makhachev
  • MMA Junkie : Adrian Yanez sees UFC Fight Night 241 as 'do or die,' says training with Diego Lopes reignited love for MMA
  • MMAFighting.com : Sydney Sweeney to portray boxing legend Christy Martin in upcoming biopic
  • MMA Mania : Video: Assuncao Spits On Opponent After BJJ Match Controversy
  • UFC.com : Meet Feathereright Bekhzod Usmonov | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • UFC.com : Meet Middleweight Giannis Bachar | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • Middle Easy : Jan Blachowicz Believes He Deserves a Rematch with Alex Pereira: ‘He is Not a Better Fighter Than Me’
  • MMA Junkie : After resting his body and brain, UFC's Beneil Dariush targets end of summer return
  • MMAFighting.com : Aljamain Sterling, Sean O’Malley’s coach erupt into fiery argument after new video emerges