Topic: Matt Mitrione

Matt Mitrione has been supended following his comments about Fallon Fox on 'The MMA Hour'.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,395  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

04.08.2013 | 6:43 PM ET

Heres what he said.

He began with a story mentioning that he watched the classic film “The Silence of the Lambs” last week, and likened Fox to the film’s antagonist, serial killer Jame Gumb, who went by the nickname “Buffalo Bill.”

“Maybe instead of being ‘the Queen of Swords,’ Fallon Fox should consider being “The King of the Buffalos,” he said.

Repeatedly referring to Fox as “he” and “him,” Mitrione said after viewing Fox’s fight videos, he hadn’t “seen a man beat a woman like that since Chris Brown beat Rihanna. That is exceptional how he just beats innocent, unknowing women like that. Incredible.”

After telling another joke, host Ariel Helwani asked Mitrione, “Why do you hate Fallon Fox so much, and why do you keep calling she a ‘he’?”

“Because she’s not a he. He’s a he,” he said. “He’s chromosomally a man. He had a gender change, not a sex change. He’s still a man. He was a man for 31 years. Thirty-one years. That’s a couple years younger than I am. He’s a man. Six years of taking performance de-hancing drugs, you think is going to change all that? That’s ridiculous.

“That is a lying, sick, sociopathic, disgusting freak,” he continued. “And I mean that. Because you lied on your license to beat up women. That’s disgusting. You should be embarrassed yourself. And the fact that Florida licensed him because California licensed him or whoever the hell did it, it’s an embarrassment to us as fighters, as a sport, and we all should protest that. The woman that’s fighting him, props to you. I hope you beat his ass, and I hope he gets blackballed and never fights again, because that’s disgusting and I’m appalled by that.”

* Edited at 04.08.2013, 6:44 PM ET *

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Matt Mitrione

Photo Source:  

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Matthew Steven Mitrione
  • Pro MMA Record: 13-9-0, 1 NC (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: N/A
  • Current Streak: 4 Losses
  • Last Fight: July 16, 2021 in BFC
  • Weight Class: Heavyweight | Last Weigh-In: 261.0 lbs
  • Affiliation: N/A
  • Height: 6'3" (191cm) | Reach: 80.0" (203cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $310,000 USD
  • Born: Springfield, Illinois, United States
  • Fighting out of: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
  • College: Purdue University
  • Foundation Style: N/A
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses Page 3

curtwag84
curtwag84
  • Predictions:  13,940  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,695
  • Post Score: 273

04.08.2013 | 8:32 PM ET

Also because he copied that joke from a TV show that's played on FOX.  It would be like me posting a South park video of Cartman being Hitler for Halloween and then people calling me anti Jew.

"I'd like to take this chance, to appologize. To absolutely nobody. -Connor McGreGOAT"

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,565
  • Post Score: 275

04.08.2013 | 8:33 PM ET

@c_arnoud I doubt this incident will actually get much attention outside of MMA circles.  I don't think this will come anywhere close to ESPN, etc.

"I live, I die, I live again."

Blackwork
Blackwork
  • Predictions:  4,678  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  900
  • Post Score: 162

04.08.2013 | 8:33 PM ET

It's not semantics though. Mitrione isn't attacking transgenders generally. There is such a rush to be a friend of the LGBT community here, that no one is viewing this issue as whether its right or wrong Fox fought women who did not understand her history, which history some medical doctors would say could potentially give her advantages in a fight.

If Mitrione lashed out at transgenders generally, I would understand the reaction. That's not what he did, though.

"http://www.tapology.com/profiles/blackwork/my-rankings?ranking_type=member"

yorma
yorma
  • Predictions:  30,188  |  62.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,462
  • Post Score: 292

04.08.2013 | 8:34 PM ET

If i say that im agree with Mittrione, am i gonna be suspended too ? Thats crazy ..

"And whats up with y'all, Looking at me like a monkey, You !?! Yeah right, You're all saints, You !! Bunch of macaques !! Gimme a baby monkey, He'll be .. Wonderfull"

MadMikeXD
MadMikeXD

04.08.2013 | 8:36 PM ET

@Greg idk if you are taking about the Mitrione suspension but the Fallon Fox story made multiple national headlines.It was on the front page of CNN.com!

It makes the sport look terrible.

Edit: and I saw it on ESPN's Sportscenter.

* Edited at 04.08.2013, 8:38 PM ET *

benjaminbrandt
benjaminbrandt
  • Predictions:  18,270  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  15,716
  • Post Score: 229

04.08.2013 | 8:41 PM ET

I think fighters should build a few days of sensitivity training into their six week fight camp. 

Who is gonna be the Freddie Roach of sensitivity training?   

* Edited at 04.08.2013, 8:48 PM ET *

"I have not yet begun to defile myself. "

Blackwork
Blackwork
  • Predictions:  4,678  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  900
  • Post Score: 162

04.08.2013 | 8:44 PM ET

Dana White: "So you want be be ******* sensitive?"

* Edited at 04.08.2013, 8:45 PM ET *

"http://www.tapology.com/profiles/blackwork/my-rankings?ranking_type=member"

splashsergio
splashsergio
  • Predictions:  55,178  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  713
  • Post Score: 181

04.08.2013 | 8:48 PM ET

If UFC cut to Mittrione, it would br a big Mistake!! UFC Heavyweight division hasn't many fighter as anoteher divisions.
jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero
  • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,396
  • Post Score: 240

04.08.2013 | 8:58 PM ET

I completely agreed with Matt. There was definitely an "Oh boy, he's in trouble" when he said it but **** all this pc ********. Honestly, if a chick wants to fight Fox then good for her but the fact that he lied on the forms and didn't disclose the fact that he had transgender surgery should cement his inability to fight other women. 

If someone wants to **** you and you have AIDS, should you tell them for their own safety or should you **** them and give them AIDS because it's your right not to tell them? It's the same principal as what Fallon Fox did if you ask me. 

What I would say about Matt comments is you can get a very good point across without insults. Degrading the individual does nothing good for anybody.

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349

04.08.2013 | 8:59 PM ET

@Black dude nobody is saying that Fallon has to be allowed to fight women or that what he did was right, re-read the thread no one has said such a thing, but what some of us are saying is that what Mitrione said was wrong, it does not have to do with being PC, it's just wrong,  he made a mistake, as I said many fighters in fact I think all fighters that have been interviewed about this have said that Fallon should not be allowed to fight women, nobody made a fuss about that, but Mitrione didn't just leaved it at that, I've never heard him express like that about fighters using PED's and  I think it;s just as or even more dangerous don't you think?

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

mike187
mike187
  • Predictions:  5,660  |  64.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,260
  • Post Score: 239

04.08.2013 | 9:03 PM ET

@ jaffacakehero, it's ****** up the high court of Canada recently passed a law that says you don't have to tell some that you have AIDS if you use a condom.

"He told me he was going to **** me, but was disappointed in himself when he could not get hard."

jodybanman
jodybanman
  • Predictions:  3,332  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,707
  • Post Score: 237

04.08.2013 | 9:03 PM ET

They don't call him "meathead" for nothing.

I don't necessarily disagree with him, though.  

"I don't want to have to do this living. I just walk around. I want to be swept off my feet, you know? I want my children to have magical powers. I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it."

mike187
mike187
  • Predictions:  5,660  |  64.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,260
  • Post Score: 239

04.08.2013 | 9:06 PM ET

Meathead didn't say anything inflamatory towards transgenders besides rufusing to consider them real women, I don't think that's enough to get suspended.

"He told me he was going to **** me, but was disappointed in himself when he could not get hard."

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,565
  • Post Score: 275

04.08.2013 | 9:10 PM ET

@madmike yes I'm talking about mitrione specifically

"I live, I die, I live again."

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

04.08.2013 | 9:13 PM ET

If fighters aren't saying anything considered hate speech, I.E illegal statements, the UFC shouldn't be suspending ANYONE. They will get caught in subjectiveness and will look bad as a result. Did Rashad Evans get suspended that time he told Phil Davis that he was going "to put hsi hands on him worst then that guy from Penn State" that seems highly more offensive. Yet, no suspension. It's arbitrary ******** like that that Make the UFC look like they dont know what they are doing.

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

04.08.2013 | 9:13 PM ET

Though I think Matt was a little harsh in his tone, I completely agree with his view. He views it as her/he taking advantage of loop holes. It like okay you want to be a women, good for you, but you wish to then fight for a living against women? It like are you kidding me? Your going to use the fact you have a mans body to beat up on less developed women.  It is rather ridiculous and rather dangerous for those woman.  I think it rather stupid that he got in trouble for speaking his mind.

* Edited at 04.08.2013, 9:14 PM ET *

"here I come to save the day"

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

04.08.2013 | 9:18 PM ET

@Legacy

I don't agree with fighters taking PED, but it is not as dangerous as having a man fight a women. Think about if you had 135 pound men fighters fight the 135 pound women. The men would destroy them, badly and the woman would get seriously hurt. Only person who might fair well due to technical ground skills is Ronda. However physically she be way out matched. Men are faster, stronger, denser bones and hit way harder on average.  They also can cut absurdly more weight. 135 pound male fighter is walking in at like 150 and higher. While a women fighter at 135 is a lot of times walking in at 140 if not even  lighter. Men would have a serous weight advantage come fight night on top of all there other advantages.

* Edited at 04.08.2013, 9:26 PM ET *

"here I come to save the day"

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349

04.08.2013 | 9:37 PM ET

@Franklin  yes I get that, but a man and a man with hormone replacement therapy that decreases body and muscular mass and strength aren't the same either (even veins decrease their size pumping less oxygen to muscles, Fallon doesn't have the same advantage as a regular man so I don't think she is more dangerous than fighters under PED's but, BUT I agree that Fallon is at an advantage and should not fight women.

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

LynxGuy
LynxGuy
  • Predictions:  1,054  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,120
  • Post Score: 138

04.08.2013 | 9:39 PM ET

“That is a lying, sick, sociopathic, disgusting freak,” he continued. “And I mean that. Because you lied on your license to beat up women. That’s disgusting. You should be embarrassed yourself..

Isn't it obvious that he tried to clarify that what he said about him was purely based on his decision not to disclose his past?  He was upset by what he's doing, not his decision to become a 'woman'.  If Fox couldn't handle this type of criticism, they would've stayed out of the spotlight.  As far as I can see, they relish it.  If Fox can handle it, so can anyone.

I'm not against transgenders, but none of them deserve disclosure in my opinion.  It's truly horrible to imagine a dude finding out his bride-to-be was actually a man.  That would **** a person up for life.  I won't even say how I'd react.

"Don't be scared, homie." - Nick Diaz

DelRose
DelRose

04.08.2013 | 9:52 PM ET

Matt is right, but he can be a little too outspoken sometimes. He needs to be aware that there are "Rights" groups that will get butthurt over comments like that.

"That hole is tighter than a nuns nasty"

Page 3

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : WBO orders Buatsi vs Yarde for interim title
  • MMA Mania : ‘This Is A Female Rocky’
  • MMA Junkie : After UFC 301 TKO win, Alessandro Costa calls for ranked opponent: 'I've proven that I'm at that level'
  • MMAFighting.com : Cory Sandhagen gets real on Umar Nurmagomedov: ‘It’s going to be a pain in the ass of a fight’
  • Jits Magazine : Watch Mikey Musumeci Training Wrestling With NCAA Champion Roman Bravo-Young
  • MMA Junkie : Kai Kara-France eyes UFC 305 return: 'Steve Erceg let's settle it in Perth'
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC owners address concerns over new TV deal, future of UFC APEX shows, and The Sphere being ‘one and done’
  • MMA Mania : Steveson Training MMA Following WWE Release
  • MMA Junkie : Rodrigo Nascimento confident ahead of UFC on ESPN 56 main event vs. Derrick Lewis: 'I have many ways to beat him'
  • MMAFighting.com : Chael Sonnen doesn’t consider himself a UFC Hall of Famer despite 2024 induction
  • UFC.com : Games Global Signs Exclusive Partnership With UFC To Produce Unique Branded Digital Slots
  • MMA Mania : UFC Owners Admit Apex Sucks: ‘It’s Just Not The Same Experience’
  • MMA Junkie : Jan Blachowicz: Jon Jones 'escaped to heavyweight because I was in my prime when he left'
  • MMA Mania : Lewis Reveals Injuries From Almeida Stinker: ‘Even Uppercuts Hurt’
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Jake Paul says ‘one of us has to die’ now that Mike Tyson bout is professional boxing match
  • MMA Mania : UFC St. Louis: Best Betting Props, Parlays And Picks
  • Jits Magazine : UFC Fight Pass Invitational 7 Full Preview
  • Jits Magazine : Raphael Assuncao Gives His Side Of Spitting Incident At IBJJF Open
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! McGregor’s Comeback Fight Poster Is A Complete Disaster
  • MMA Mania : ‘I’ll Be Fighting For The Title Next Year’