Topic: José Aldo

Aldo responds

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

JM Barrie
JM Barrie
  • Predictions:  7,835  |  54.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,617
  • Post Score: -69

02.25.2013 | 2:46 PM ET

Dana said in the post-event (UFC 157) that you don't wanna accept the fight against Pettis. Is it true?

There is nothing sealed yet, nobody signed any paper. We're waiting the best for us. I didn't talk to Dedé (André Pederneiras, his manager) so I don't know how is the situation. I didn't watch the event last night because I was sleeping so I'm waiting. First I'll talk to Dedé to see how is the situation.

Is there any possibility for you to turn down the fight?

This is too relative, we don't know what is going on. It's a great fight, everyone want to see it but first I have to talk to Dedé.

UFC had put you against Edgar in a superfight and now they want match you against Pettis. Do you agree with all these line-jumpings?

No, I don't. They've created a ranking system just to avoid that, but it isn't working at all because they're pulling people from other divisions. It's just happening in my division, I don't see it happening in the others. Everyone talks about making superfights but it never happens in other divisions. We have to sit down with UFC to find a solution for this case. Why they don't pair Anderson Silva with all the other guys people wanna see him fighting against for years? Since I was from WEC I hear this superfight matchmaking thing. Among featherweights this is becoming so much easier.

Why do you think it's happening only in FW division?

Yeah... (laughs), I don't know whether exists a reason for it but it doesn't matter. Who wants to be the champion doesn't pick opponent or places. We have to be ready anytime and that's what I do. I get ready to give my best.

Do you think other opponents, like Ricardo Lamas, deserve this chance before Pettis?

Who deserves this shot, in first place, is Ricardo Lamas because he beat Erik Koch, who was the next contender. He earned his chance after his victory. Cub Swanson is another fighter who is in a great streak. They are featherweight fighters, who are fighting for a long time for a title shot that never comes since UFC are pulling heavier fighters to fight @ 145lbs. If UFC wants a superfight, I don't see any problem. I fight whoever they choose, but for the belt, it must be against Lamas or Swanson.

So do you believe this fight against Pettis shouldn't be for the title?

In my opinion, no. How can a guy fight for a title if he never fought in the division before? It's unfair with the other guys. I don't say it for myself because I'm the champion and I fight whoever steps up but it's unfair with everyone who is training, winning their fights, thinking about being the champ. Meanwhile, a lightweight fighter asks for the FW title shot and UFC accepts it.

Would Pettis give you the toughest fight of your carrer?

(laughs) I heard this story before when I fought Frankie Edgar and we know what happened. Whoever fights José Aldo has to be very well prepared because I train a lot. Fighting is my life so I'll always train hard to give a good show for the people

Source: Tatame

* Edited at 02.25.2013, 2:48 PM ET *

"1. Avoidant personality disorder _______________2. Maladaptive daydreaming"

José Aldo "Junior"

Photo Source:  

Fighter Details

• Given Name: José Aldo da Silva Oliveira Junior
  • Pro MMA Record: 31-8-0 (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: Junior
  • Current Streak: 1 Loss
  • Last Fight: August 20, 2022 in UFC
  • Weight Class: Bantamweight | Last Weigh-In: 136.0 lbs
  • Affiliation: Nova União
  • Height: 5'7" (170cm) | Reach: 70.0" (178cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $2,879,125 USD
  • Born: Manaus, Amazonas, Brazil
  • Fighting out of: Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses Page 4

Yaspaa
Yaspaa
  • Predictions:  173  |  73.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,422
  • Post Score: 151

02.28.2013 | 10:09 PM ET

The guy Pettis beat?

"I Get Better."

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

02.28.2013 | 11:04 PM ET

Yup in 2010. How have their careers gone since then?

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC Fight Night Tapology coverage is now live
  • Ivana Petrović vs. Na Liang - Round 1 is in progress.
  • Join the UFC Fight Night live discussion
  • Tapology Picks: Na Liang 6% Ivana Petrović 94%
  • Na "Dragon Girl" Liang (19-7-0) Heilongjiang, CN is the #79th Top Women Flyweight fighter.
  • Ivana Petrović (6-1-0) NO is the #48th Top Women Flyweight fighter.
  • UFC Fight Night features 13 MMA bouts
  • The event takes place from UFC Apex in Las Vegas, Nevada