Topic: Vitor Belfort

Vitor Belfort is having a hissy-fit

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

JM Barrie
JM Barrie
  • Predictions:  7,848  |  54.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,617
  • Post Score: -69

02.17.2013 | 8:07 PM ET

Belfort was legally using TRT under the approval of the Brazilian athletic commission that oversaw the event in Sao Paulo, but when the news surfaced a much bigger issue was brought up.

The 35-year-old tested positive for elevated levels of testosterone in a 2006 bout under the Pride banner, something many believe should disqualify Belfort from using TRT.

A large contingent of people strongly feel that fighters who have previously tested positive for performance enhancing drugs (PEDs) should not be administered the****utic-use-exemptions (TUE) for TRT due to the fact that previous drug abuse is likely what caused the athlete to suffer from low testosterone levels in the first place.

With Belfort in the midst of a lot of controversy and discussion, the Brazilian took to Twitter to issue what he says will be his one and only statement regarding TRT.

"This will be last time that I will talk about TRT I never hide from UFC that I was on the treatment but I admit that I didn't admit to the press. I confess that this was my mistake I am MAN enough to admit my mistakes So from now on, guys please don't fight me if u going to use this as a excuse that's it. I never lie and never hide from UFC."

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/2/17/3998320/vitor-belfort-says-dont-fight-me-if-youre-going-to-use-trt-as-an

//////

i just took a look at his twitter............... that dude has demons and he feels if he preaches to people it makes him better.lol. I'd rather stick a fork in my eye than listen to this guy

* Edited at 02.17.2013, 8:25 PM ET *

"1. Avoidant personality disorder _______________2. Maladaptive daydreaming"

Vitor "The Phenom" Belfort

Photo Source:  

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Vítor Vieira Belfort
  • Pro MMA Record: 26-14-0, 1 NC (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: The Phenom
  • Current Streak: 1 Loss
  • Last Fight: May 12, 2018 in UFC
  • Weight Class: Middleweight | Last Weigh-In: 184.0 lbs
  • Affiliation: Independent
  • Height: 6'0" (183cm) | Reach: 74.0" (188cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $2,010,000 USD
  • Born: Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
  • Fighting out of: Boca Raton, Florida
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses

AllHailKrull
AllHailKrull
  • Predictions:  1,522  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,672
  • Post Score: 180

02.17.2013 | 11:40 PM ET

Jesus forgives you.

"People say ‘oh, so you should retire.’ Yeah, you want me to retire so you won’t get knocked out. - Vitor Belfort"

trevpicks
trevpicks
  • Predictions:  83,005  |  56.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,853
  • Post Score: 222

02.17.2013 | 11:55 PM ET

Eventually it will be considered a disgrace and embarrasement to use TRT and that alone might eventually stop fighters from taking it. Vitor seems to be cracking under the insults fans and fighters are throwing at him.
gunn4206
gunn4206
  • Predictions:  39,195  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,834
  • Post Score: 249

02.18.2013 | 12:19 AM ET

JM is only one that has hissy fits someone it likes looses we have to hear it cry about it for days or someone it dont like which is anyone with talent beats someone it complains for days as well its not a mma fan its a troll that just loves to get on peoples nerves thats all.

"RIP Bill Burgess , RIP CthuluJones"

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

02.18.2013 | 12:46 AM ET

The more people understand what TRT actually is the more this "issue" will go away. Maybe not though.........like the saying goes "ignorance is bliss."

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

Mybbygotsauz
Mybbygotsauz
  • Predictions:  1,612  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  745
  • Post Score: 131

02.18.2013 | 5:53 AM ET

If you have to take ******* trt you probably shouldn't be fighting anyway. So just quit. I as much as anyone doesn't wanna see Belfort go but if he has to do this. Then he needs to go as well as anyone else who does it. I mean it is "performance enhancing" 

"knocked out three midgets and ya pumped up"

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

02.18.2013 | 9:24 AM ET

@p4p
I find it ironic that you are implying that others are being ignorant when you are purposely turning a blind eye to blatant cheating. 

* Edited at 02.18.2013, 9:31 AM ET *

"here I come to save the day"

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

02.18.2013 | 10:24 AM ET

How is it blatant cheating when it is a perfectly legal medical procedure? Hell I hear ads for the Low-T Center everyday while in my car so if a fighter has these symptoms and gets checked out his doctor says try this and he gets a TUE from the state athletic commissions said fighter isn't cheating he's following his doctors orders 

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,565
  • Post Score: 275

02.18.2013 | 10:36 AM ET

@soccer draws an important distinction that it's not technically cheating until it actually gets prohibited from MMA/UFC. 

But either way, it seems the vast majority want it prohibited, myself included.

"I live, I die, I live again."

Gebe
Gebe
  • Predictions:  2,174  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,292
  • Post Score: 198

02.18.2013 | 10:50 AM ET

Sorry to say, but TRT doesnt help your high leg kick aim.

The guy still has power, with or without. I didn't see this much fuss about TRT on Hendo.

People are so much Belfort haters, I just dont understand why. Everyone acts like they are saints. If you are in the LEGAL SPECIFIED LIMITS OF EVERYTHING you are normally legal to go an do the job. People are jealous or I repet, I don't understand you.

The Collosus Thompson said it very well in his videos. The FANS, the couch potato fans out there should shut the hell u and enjoy the fights. FANS are not on the same level as the performers. Idiots don't know what fighting and training and having the full lifestyle of a fighter means, yet they flap gums like a ***** on meth.

Sorry but I really got angry. As much as he doesn't hide, nor does anything ilegal, give the man a ******* break and congratulate him on a well deserved win. He wasn't in danger a moment in that fight, and that because of skill.

You say "he should quit". Well do you know something? **** you. Why? Because it's none of your business what he does. It would be understandable if he was BJ and he would've taken a lot of losses, or any other "legend" that started to go down hard. Belfort is arguably nr.2 in the middleweight division, and the only one to endanger Jon Jones. So the guy has it in him.

Oh you say he has advantages because he uses TRT? Not 100% true, he doesn't want to have a disadvantage because of this.

Why isnt there a Thiago Tavares bashing thread? He was the one caught positive. Well?

**** you guys and biased opinions.

Tl;dr version:

Vitor was clean to fight, he told the UFC what he does, he got a legal medical approval and was in the legal levels.
People bash on him because people suck and are biased.
**** those people,and **** you if you are one of them.
Hates gonna hate.

End of rant, I'm having enough of couchwarriors talking crap for nothing.

"Fighter by day, Lover by night"

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

02.18.2013 | 10:55 AM ET

"How is it blatant cheating when it is a perfectly legal medical procedure? Hell I hear ads for the Low-T Center everyday while in my car so if a fighter has these symptoms and gets checked out his doctor says try this and he gets a TUE from the state athletic commissions said fighter isn't cheating he's following his doctors orders "

It still cheating if you dont need it and are using it. The fact you can find ******* doctors does not make it any less cheating. You only suppose to use it if you medically need it. Commission follows what the doctor who suppose to remain ethical tells them. however if the doctor is full of ****, then the fighter is still cheating. 

Marquat for example, is currently off of it. Which means he never needed it. it not something you just go on for a little while and then get off of it. If you needed it you would remain on it. So yes that is blatantly cheating. Overreem and chael making there levels 14 and 17 times the normal male testerome levels is cheating. So yes these fighters are blatently cheating. And yes they are cheating according to the rules. Doctor being unethical does not then make the fighters abusing/using it when they dont need it any less cheating.

"here I come to save the day"

MedWonk
MedWonk
  • Predictions:  583  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  114
  • Post Score: 171

02.18.2013 | 11:07 AM ET

@p4p
I have no problem with testosterone being used in cases of hypogonadism.  Considering hypogonadism is relatively uncommon, however, I have a hard time believing all these fighters all of a sudden have dysfunctional balls. They found a loophole and a doctor with flexible ethical standards, and are now taking advantage.  Unless their testosterone levels were too low for their age, then TRT simply shouldn't be allowed, and if it is allowed due to a bona fide case of hypogonadism, then it should be monitored throughout a fighter's training camp.  No longer being able to compete at the upper echelons of a division is not a symptom of hypogonadism, it's a symptom of getting old, and the fighter should either accept the fact or retire.  

Making me agree with Michael Bisping on anything makes you a bad person and you should feel bad.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! There's still plenty of meat on that bone. Now, you take this home, throw it in a pot, add some broth, a potato...baby, you got a stew goin'!"

Yaspaa
Yaspaa
  • Predictions:  173  |  73.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,422
  • Post Score: 151

02.18.2013 | 11:15 AM ET

"Fans should shut the **** up"????? Who does he think pays his way? No fans, no money... Us fans want to see clean fighters winning under their own bat, not fighters who use any loop hole possible to gain an unfair advantage. And anything that increases strength and endurance is cheating plain and simple. Even if you really, really, really, really like a fighter... it's still cheating.

"I Get Better."

LynxGuy
LynxGuy
  • Predictions:  1,054  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,120
  • Post Score: 138

02.18.2013 | 1:12 PM ET

Seems to me that Vitor's just really defencive because he knows what he's doing is wrong even if it's technically legal.  He has no one to blame but himself though.  He knew that taking TRT would give him a bad image, why the hell else would he be so secretive about it?  That fact that he's gonna try to put the blame on other fighters and fans is truly pathetic.  He should retire and ****.

@p4p - You should really stop claiming people are ignorant because you're literally the most ignorant person on Tapology when it comes to TRT.  You sound like you have very little knowledge on the subject.  Nothing you say on it has any substance.  Mostly just sarcasm.

"Don't be scared, homie." - Nick Diaz

trevpicks
trevpicks

02.18.2013 | 1:30 PM ET

Following doctors orders? no bloody way! I highly doubt any doctor was treating these fighters and said hmm something is wrong i need to test your testosterone levels.Maybe a doctor might say that to justine beiber type men but vitor, cheal, ect? They go to known doctors and ask for it, thats hardly following orders.
SoccerKick
SoccerKick

02.18.2013 | 1:39 PM ET

First off neither Chael nor Overeem had a TUE when they were tested...Chael had applied for one apparently, but the paperwork was misfiled by his party or something along those lines. Overeem hadn't applied for one at all to my knowledge (Not that I have any!). A TUE doesn't allow you to get your levels any where near those 14-17 numbers it lets you get your T back to a normal level which in MMA the legal levels are anywhere up to 6:1, and the only reason that is allowed is, because you have to account for the abnormal people who will naturally test at those levels.  

SoccerKick
SoccerKick

02.18.2013 | 1:46 PM ET

A fighter can suffer from low-T just as easily as you or me. Especially a fighter in his 30s

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,359  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

02.18.2013 | 1:47 PM ET

Is anyone shocked he used TRT? I'm not. Do you really think Vitor Belfort without it would have beat the great Michael Bisping? Absolutely ... not.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

trevpicks
trevpicks

02.18.2013 | 1:47 PM ET

Isn't the big cheat or advantage is training for months at a extreme level of testosterone then scale it down come fight night?
skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

02.18.2013 | 3:33 PM ET

@Trev: That's the real issue that most ppl are skirting. 

The surface level of "cheating" assumed that Vitor is stronger, faster and has better conditioning on fight night than Bisping, certainly due in part to his TRT. 

However, the real issue is that -- assuming Bisping is a clean fighter -- he might train for 4 hrs, go home to rest, get back in the gym for another 3 hrs at night and go home sore, battered and exhausted. He has to rely on a steady, balanced diet and an intelligent approach to training to carry him through camp. Getting exhausted to the level these guys do can weaken their immune systems to the point where it's a struggle to even get through the camp. 

For Vitor, if he's ramping up his TRT intake throughout a 3-month camp, he can train as hard as possible virtually 6 days per week, doesn't need the amount of rest Bisping does and isn't going to lose muscle mass from over training, which is a common fear for high level fighters. 

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

SoccerKick
SoccerKick

02.18.2013 | 3:37 PM ET

The one thing that should change is the athletic commisions of the fighters state/country should adopt a testing policy similar to the NFL year round random testing and if you miss a test its a failed test and as long as you're never higher then the 6:1 legal range you're fine

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Charles Oliveira willing to be backup for Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler – under one condition
  • Middle Easy : Israel Adesanya Backs ‘Legend’ Jose Aldo At UFC 301: ‘You Might See A F****** Vintage Fight’
  • MMA Junkie : Video: UFC 301 ceremonial weigh-in faceoffs with title fight headliner, Jose Aldo's return, more
  • MMA Mania : The King Of Rio Returns ... But Why?
  • UFC.com : Jonathan Martinez Has Momentum
  • MMA Mania : Video! Canelo, Munguia Share Intense Final Face Off
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Pereira responds to Jon Jones’ callout for ‘massive’ UFC heavyweight title bout
  • Middle Easy : UFC 303: Conor McGregor Boldly Claims He’d Beat Charles Oliveira, Michael Chandler In Same Night
  • MMA Junkie : Dana White to roast Tom Brady in upcoming live Netflix special
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 Gambling Preview: Will Steve Erceg upset Alexandre Pantoja in Rio?
  • UFC.com : UFC 301 Embedded | All Episodes
  • MMA Junkie : Alexandre Pantoja vs. Steve Erceg prediction, pick: Is an upset looming at UFC 301?
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Elves Brener battle through scary weight cut with Charles Oliveira for UFC 301
  • Middle Easy : Jon Jones Passes on Tom Aspinall, Eyes Historic Showdown with Alex Pereira
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 weigh-in video at 5 p.m. ET
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo vs. Mungia weigh-in results: Canelo Alvarez on weight for title defense
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! UFC 301 Ceremonial Weigh Ins!
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo vs. Munguia weigh-in video live now
  • MMA Junkie : 'Honored' Alex Pereira loves Jon Jones fight pitch, but needs UFC green light for heavyweight shift
  • UFC.com : Ismael Bonfim Is Looking To Impress