Topic: Vitor Belfort

Vitor Belfort is having a hissy-fit

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

JM Barrie
JM Barrie
  • Predictions:  7,848  |  54.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,617
  • Post Score: -69

02.17.2013 | 8:07 PM ET

Belfort was legally using TRT under the approval of the Brazilian athletic commission that oversaw the event in Sao Paulo, but when the news surfaced a much bigger issue was brought up.

The 35-year-old tested positive for elevated levels of testosterone in a 2006 bout under the Pride banner, something many believe should disqualify Belfort from using TRT.

A large contingent of people strongly feel that fighters who have previously tested positive for performance enhancing drugs (PEDs) should not be administered the****utic-use-exemptions (TUE) for TRT due to the fact that previous drug abuse is likely what caused the athlete to suffer from low testosterone levels in the first place.

With Belfort in the midst of a lot of controversy and discussion, the Brazilian took to Twitter to issue what he says will be his one and only statement regarding TRT.

"This will be last time that I will talk about TRT I never hide from UFC that I was on the treatment but I admit that I didn't admit to the press. I confess that this was my mistake I am MAN enough to admit my mistakes So from now on, guys please don't fight me if u going to use this as a excuse that's it. I never lie and never hide from UFC."

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/2/17/3998320/vitor-belfort-says-dont-fight-me-if-youre-going-to-use-trt-as-an

//////

i just took a look at his twitter............... that dude has demons and he feels if he preaches to people it makes him better.lol. I'd rather stick a fork in my eye than listen to this guy

* Edited at 02.17.2013, 8:25 PM ET *

"1. Avoidant personality disorder _______________2. Maladaptive daydreaming"

Vitor "The Phenom" Belfort

Photo Source:  

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Vítor Vieira Belfort
  • Pro MMA Record: 26-14-0, 1 NC (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: The Phenom
  • Current Streak: 1 Loss
  • Last Fight: May 12, 2018 in UFC
  • Weight Class: Middleweight | Last Weigh-In: 184.0 lbs
  • Affiliation: Independent
  • Height: 6'0" (183cm) | Reach: 74.0" (188cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $2,010,000 USD
  • Born: Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
  • Fighting out of: Boca Raton, Florida
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses Page 3

PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  32,033  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,972
  • Post Score: 195

02.19.2013 | 3:12 AM ET

The problem with TRT is that low testosterone levels and hypogonadism can come from steroid abuse. And Vitor was caught doing steroids back in 2006.

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

Page 3

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Bianca Basilio Puts Opponent To Sleep In 35 Seconds At ONE Fight Night 22
  • Bad Left Hook : Canelo vs Munguia: Live updates and results, 8 pm ET
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 odds: Opening and closing betting line movements
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo Alvarez vs. Jaime Munguia: Live round-by-round updates
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo vs. Munguia Results: Live updates of the undercard and main event
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 Results: Pantoja vs. Erceg
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: CEAST AND DESIST!
  • MMA Junkie : Artur Beterbiev vs. Dmitry Bivol postponed due to injury
  • MMA Mania : Pereira Welcomes Jones’ Heavyweight Challenge
  • MMA Mania : Pereira Accepts Jones’ Heavyweight Challenge
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 ABC Conference set for July in Louisville, Ky.
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 ABC Conference set for July in Louisville
  • MMA Mania : Video! Oliveira Cradles Teammate During Terrifying Weight Cut
  • UFC.com : Drakkar Klose Is Tuning Out The Noise
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Fighters talk favorite Jose Aldo memories ahead of UFC 301
  • Bad Left Hook : Beterbiev vs Bivol postponed due to injury, rest of card goes on
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301's Paul Craig: Caio Borralho in Rio not favorable, but 'we have built our career in the UFC over upsets'
  • UFC.com : The Most Dangerous Vinc Pichel
  • MMA Mania : Garcia Promises To ‘Knock McGregor Out Bad’
  • MMA Junkie : Charles Oliveira willing to be backup for Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler – under one condition