- Name: Tariq Ismail
- Pro MMA Record: 6-0-0 (Win-Loss-Draw)
- Nickname: Desert Storm
- Current Streak: 6 Wins
- Age: 30 | Date of Birth: 1990.05.29
- Last Fight: December 07, 2019 in BCF
- Weight Class: Featherweight | Last Weigh-In: 135.8 lbs
- Affiliation: OpenMat Mixed Martial Arts
- Height: 5'8" (173cm) | Reach: N/A
- Career Disclosed Earnings: $0 USD
- Born: kuwait, Kuwait
- Fighting out of: Toronto, Canada
- College: University of Ottawa
- Foundation Style: Muay Thai, Boxing
- Head Coach: Almaz Dosmotov
- Other Coaches: Joseph Valtellini, Ainsley Robinson
Regional Rankings Rankings FAQ
updated Sun Jul 12 16:28:35 2020#12Tariq Ismail is the 12th ranked of 89 active Canada Pro Featherweights.
Also ranked at: Bantamweight (9th)
updated Mon Jul 13 02:26:30 2020#17Tariq Ismail is the 17th ranked of 211 active Middle East Pro Featherweights.
Also ranked at: Bantamweight (15th)
updated Sun Jul 12 01:26:03 2020#6Tariq Ismail is the 6th ranked of 22 active Québec Pro Featherweights.
Also ranked at: Bantamweight (6th)
Tariq Ismail Wiki Update Wiki
Tariq Ismail began studying martial arts in 2008 when he began Muay Thai and Boxing at Ottawa Fight & Fitness. Since then Ismail has traveled the world increasing his knowledge of martial arts by attending over a dozen gyms. Additionally to having a professional 2-0 MMA carerr, Isamil is 4-0 in professional Muay Thai bouts.
Tariq Ismail was a competitor in the lightweight division of the reality show Al Batal season 2. He competed against 5 other fighters for a chance to win a contract with ADFC. In the first round of the tournament he would face the Moroccan Abdelali "Tubarao" Hariri. The fight was very close and Tariq would come away victorious by decision.
In the semi finals of the Al Batal tournament, Tariq would go on to face the tough Jordanian Izzeddine Al Derbani. Tariq would win a pretty easy decision victory and Izzeddine would say he was sick. Tariq will face the Algerian Walid Seghir in the finals, he got a free pass to the finals for his great display of talent.
Al Batal Season 2
Ep. 5: Def Abdelali "Tubarao" Hariri via Unanimous Decision
Ep. 9: Def Izzeddine Al Derbani via Unanimous Decision
2-Time Canadian Provincial Boxing Champion (152lbs)
Canadian Muay Thai Champion (147lbs)
Thailand PK-1 Muay Thai Champion (154lbs)