Topic: Other Sports

TAPOLOGY TALKS: NHL

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

03.13.2012 | 5:07 PM ET

Making an NHL only thread, because I'm sick of seeing the Peyton Manning thread riddled with hockey talk.

So fellow Canadians, REJOICE!

EDIT: And Americans too, we know some of you love hockey as well.

* Edited at 03.13.2012, 5:07 PM ET *

"الله أكبرl"

Responses Page 52

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

03.05.2014 | 11:00 PM ET

Martin St. Louis gets no ******* respect and it enrages me. The dude won the Art Ross last year at the age of 37 and his own ******* GM gives no ****s about him.

-Man, he won the art ross with only 94 points in 03-04, which is the lowest point total for any art ross winner in a 82 game season. ever. He won the art ross last year in a shortened season. It's good, but saying he has two art ross wins are bit exaggerated.

We're talking about one of the greatest undersized players of all-time, Marty St. Louis is a true warrior and a genius on the ice. Furthermore, his production has yet to even be CLOSE to declining. Two time gold medalist, former MVP, two time scoring champion and a man who, using sheer determination, managed to completely turn his career upside down despite a plethora of negativity showered on him for his entire career.

- He isn't a two time gold medalist. He was apart of the failure that was the 2006 team, and then made the team this year because of an injury, and during the 5 games he played in the Olympics this year, he had no points. 

It's despicable how Yzerman treated him this past season.

- I'm sorry, but how is any of this Yzerman's fault? Yzerman made it clear, when they were picking team Canada it was a group decision. it was clear Bab**** didn't want St.Louis on the team. Furthermore, St.Louis asked for a trade after the snub, and requested only one team, the rangers. Yzerman got that done for him. Not only did Yzerman have to bear the burden of having to make the tough call to leave St.Louis off the team, because he wasn't good, ro anyone else for that matter in 06', but then he had to trade him.

St. Louis is a HOF'er, but in no way is this Yzerman's fault.

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

03.05.2014 | 11:25 PM ET

Man, he won the art ross with only 94 points in 03-04, which is the lowest point total for any art ross winner in a 82 game season. ever.

Well if 94 points is so easily surpassed, why didn't anyone else surpass him that year? It was the height of hockey's slow era, and the fact that you're criticizing him for that shows that you fail to understand the context surrounding that season. He had a 7 point lead over second place and the only player that had a more substantial gap between first and second place since was Evgeni Malkin, when he put up a good 10 points more than Stamkos.

He won the art ross last year in a shortened season.

He won the Art Ross last year in a shortened season...ok, what difference does that make? Should they change the lengths of season to 100 games to see who REALLY is the best? The length of the season makes no difference because he wasn't the only one affected by it.

It's good, but saying he has two art ross wins are bit exaggerated.

No, saying he has two Art Ross wins would be...well correct.

He isn't a two time gold medalist. He was apart of the failure that was the 2006 team, and then made the team this year because of an injury, and during the 5 games he played in the Olympics this year, he had no points.

My bad, I was sure he was on the 2010 team. During those 5 games he played, he played for less than 50 minutes in a checking role, give him a break.

Team Canada was barely producing anything offensively, you know that.

I'm sorry, but how is any of this Yzerman's fault? Yzerman made it clear, when they were picking team Canada it was a group decision. it was clear Bab**** didn't want St.Louis on the team. Furthermore, St.Louis asked for a trade after the snub, and requested only one team, the rangers. Yzerman got that done for him.

It's asinine to leave out the reigning Art Ross trophy winner from the team. The man is a veteran who should be shown some respect, especially after everything he's done. They could have had him as the extra forward but even then, they couldn't do that.

Not only did Yzerman have to bear the burden of having to make the tough call to leave St.Louis off the team, because he wasn't good, ro anyone else for that matter in 06', but then he had to trade him.

Wait, so your argument is that no one on the 2006 team was good? REALLY? Not even going to go there...

The reason why Team Canada sucked in 2006 was because of a defense corps that didn't know how to get the puck out of their own endzone. You're making it sound like it was all St. Louis' fault.

"الله أكبرl"

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz

03.05.2014 | 11:34 PM ET

Yeah, the team in 2006 was a ******* embarrassment. Nobody showed up. My argument is that the managers are going to be less inclined to pick players from a team that was an absolute failure. 

No, saying he has two Art Ross wins would be...well correct.

- Yes the length does matter. Players are used to an 82 game season. Some get hotter near the end  (e.g Ovechkin). And I meant what I said in the sense that thw two art ross wins are comparable to any two other art ross wins, which i feel they are not. 

It's asinine to leave out the reigning Art Ross trophy winner from the team. The man is a veteran who should be shown some respect, especially after everything he's done. They could have had him as the extra forward but even then, they couldn't do that.

- I don't think it's asinine to leave the art ross champ off the team. Jason Spezza has been one of the more productive players since the lockout, and he wasnt even invited to the summer orientation. it's not all about numbers. (e.g the discourse on leaving Subban off, or how Subban barely played). Yeah subban won the norris, but he isnt an olympic style player really. Not solid defensively.

jodybanman
jodybanman
  • Predictions:  3,332  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,707
  • Post Score: 237

03.06.2014 | 12:00 AM ET

******* Evgeni Malkin, always ruining my random NHL facts.

Anyways, how is it that Crosby and Ovechkin have only won the scoring title once apiece? 

Also, any player that wins the Art Ross ever deserves props.  They outscored every other NHL player in the league regardless of season length, It's my favorite trophy because nobody votes for you to get it, you ******* earn it.

* Edited at 03.06.2014, 12:04 AM ET *

"I don't want to have to do this living. I just walk around. I want to be swept off my feet, you know? I want my children to have magical powers. I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it."

michigandolphin
michigandolphin
  • Predictions:  25,001  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,973
  • Post Score: 261

03.06.2014 | 12:03 AM ET

Crosby can't stay on the ice long enough to win the scoring title. Lol, I'm a penguins fan too.

"Frig off, bud"

jodybanman
jodybanman
  • Predictions:  3,332  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,707
  • Post Score: 237

03.06.2014 | 12:05 AM ET

Looks like he will this time, knock on wood.

"I don't want to have to do this living. I just walk around. I want to be swept off my feet, you know? I want my children to have magical powers. I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it."

gunn4206
gunn4206
  • Predictions:  39,734  |  66.1%
  • Forum Posts:  7,834
  • Post Score: 249

03.12.2014 | 6:39 AM ET

not sure how many of you follow the Juniors but a OHL player has been missing for a bit his body was found on tuesday .

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/03/11/police-find-vehicle-matching-that-of-missing-saginaw-hockey-player-terry-trafford-with-a-body-inside/

"RIP Bill Burgess , RIP CthuluJones"

michigandolphin
michigandolphin
  • Predictions:  25,001  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,973
  • Post Score: 261

03.12.2014 | 4:39 PM ET

Man, that sucks. Thoughts are with his family for sure.

"Frig off, bud"

OldManGloom
OldManGloom
  • Predictions:  109,651  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  9,505
  • Post Score: 254

04.10.2014 | 8:27 PM ET

Just thought I'd leave this here again...

* Edited at 04.10.2014, 8:50 PM ET *

"When the system fails you you create your own system."

ProdigyKid14
ProdigyKid14
  • Predictions:  8,848  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,902
  • Post Score: 195

04.10.2014 | 8:32 PM ET

I'm 23 years old and I've never been alive to see the Wings miss the playoffs. That's crazy.

"I fight em all. Men, women, children, ******** people, it doesn't matter. If you hit me, we're gonna fight. -Charles Bennett"

gunn4206
gunn4206

04.10.2014 | 8:48 PM ET

i usually Root for the Wings if my main teams are out . but now that they have Alfredsson i can't do it sorry guys .

my leafs stunk it up this year :( but the Avs are in it  GO AVS  GO .

OldManGloom
OldManGloom

04.10.2014 | 8:56 PM ET

The Avs and the Pens are the only two teams I can't root for under any circumstance.  

ProdigyKid14
ProdigyKid14

04.10.2014 | 8:58 PM ET

Colorado? Come on @gunn, that's weak haha.

I don't have anything against them anymore I guess, I miss that rivalry.

@gloom you should include Chicago in that. I feel like the Colorado rivalry was a phase, and I think the Pittsburgh one will be too. I've always hated Chicago though.

* Edited at 04.10.2014, 8:59 PM ET *

"I fight em all. Men, women, children, ******** people, it doesn't matter. If you hit me, we're gonna fight. -Charles Bennett"

gunn4206
gunn4206

04.10.2014 | 9:01 PM ET

i was a big Forsberg guy he's my all time favorite player :P  so been a fan of them for years . really like the team they have this year too . Duchene is turning into one of my favorite players to watch and Mckinnon is awesome ! but yea them and Detroit had some great games . im not a fan of the way they have the Conferences  now . if they add 2 more teams like they keep talking about tho then it won't be so bad .

gunn4206
gunn4206

04.10.2014 | 9:03 PM ET

only teams in Hockey i hate are ottawa because they are my Leafs Rival and Vancouver cause their fans are Idiots . any other team i don't mind i just love Hockey .

ProdigyKid14
ProdigyKid14

04.10.2014 | 9:22 PM ET

Chicago's really the only team i hate for the same reason you hate Ottawa @gunn...that, and most of their fans are pricks too.

OldManGloom
OldManGloom

04.10.2014 | 9:26 PM ET

Oh, I hate Chicago now, but I used to pitty them.  I've hated the Pens since the Jagr/Mario days in the early '90s and the Colorado thing also has family ties.  I've got cousins that are from Denver.  The rivalry never went away for them (they got bad, we didn't) and I can't let it go either.  Especially since Roy is their coach.

ProdigyKid14
ProdigyKid14

04.10.2014 | 9:34 PM ET

Gotcha, I forgot Roy was their coach. I was just watching the highlights from that 7-0 game in the 02 playoffs after reading all this. Best game ever.

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz

04.10.2014 | 9:50 PM ET

obviously cheering the the wings since Alfie is there. and 2nd, tampa bay because of yzerman, ben bishop and stamkos.

Team im rooting against the most: the leafs. EVen if they didnt make the playoffs for the 8th time in the last 9years, im still rooting against them. 

gunn4206
gunn4206

04.10.2014 | 9:54 PM ET

Jitz i like you your posts make me lol and you make some good points ..... then i remember your a sens fan ...

Page 52

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : ‘He can’t control his emotions’: Taylor confident he’s got the edge over Catterall
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘He can’t control his emotions’: Josh Taylor confident he’s got the edge over Jack Catterall
  • MMA Junkie : Conor McGregor takes aim at UFC's welterweight title picture: 'Leon Edwards loves a decision'
  • MMAFighting.com : Neeraj Goyat vs. Whindersson Nunes announced for Mike Tyson vs. Jake Paul undercard
  • MMA Mania : MVP Accepts Garry’s UFC 303 Callout
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Tyron Woodley equates final UFC fights to ‘a simulation,’ calls ‘Apex arena deal kinda whack’
  • MMA Mania : The End Of Pay-Per-View?
  • Jits Magazine : Charles Oliveira Open To Colby Covington And Max Holloway Superfights
  • MMAFighting.com : Stamp Fairtex out of June fight, U.S. card after serious knee injury
  • Jits Magazine : IBJJF Baton Rouge Open 2024 Features Several Top Competitors
  • MMA Mania : SWATTED? Armed Police Disrupt ‘Suga’ Show
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Armed Police Disrupt ‘Suga’ Show
  • MMA Junkie : Kamaru Usman: Belal Muhammad not a 'high-enough level of a wrestler' to beat Leon Edwards at UFC 304
  • MMA Mania : Silva-Sonnen 3 Proposed As MMA, But Sonnen Targeting ‘Gamebred’
  • MMA Junkie : Islam Makhachev's coach: Arman Tsarukyan passing up title shot 'right call from him'
  • Middle Easy : Chael Sonnen Reveals October Boxing Clash with Jorge Masvidal in the Works
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 304 adds Oban Elliott vs. Preston Parsons
  • MMA Mania : ‘That’s The Fight!’ Edwards And McGregor Share Mutual Interest
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Saudi Arabia adds several bouts for Robert Whittaker vs. Khamzat Chimaev card
  • Middle Easy : Conor McGregor Addresses His Comments on Sean O’Malley, Goes Off on Ilia Topuria, and Targets Leon Edwards in Wild Livestream