Topic: Anderson Silva

How is this possible?!

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

lilspyder
lilspyder
  • Predictions:  32,913  |  62.1%
  • Forum Posts:  288
  • Post Score: 100

02.01.2011 | 7:52 PM ET

Ok i've been on this site for about three days now and I am shocked that this sight being up for so long does not have any threads for the Anderson Silva forum!!! What is wrong here?! I thought I'd at least find some "I hate the spider" threads or something. How can this man, who is considered by this website (which means all of its members) the no. 2 pound for pound best fighter and no. 1 middle weight AND no. 10 favourite fighter not have posts!!! For shame. Discuss.

"Never Give Up! These violent delights have violent ends. Amat victoria paratum"

Anderson "The Spider" Silva

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Anderson da Silva
  • Pro MMA Record: 34-11-0, 1 NC (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: The Spider
  • Current Streak: 3 Losses
  • Last Fight: October 31, 2020 in UFC
  • Weight Class: Middleweight | Last Weigh-In: 184.0 lbs
  • Affiliation: N/A
  • Height: 6'2" (188cm) | Reach: 77.5" (197cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $4,857,000 USD
  • Born: Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
  • Fighting out of: Curitiba, Parana, Brazil
  • College: N/A
  • Foundation Style: Muay Thai
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses Page 4

jeremy
jeremy
  • Predictions:  1,062  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  819
  • Post Score: 168

02.16.2011 | 8:15 AM ET

cool @elk -- yeah, same deal for rankings.

"Damn right I like the life I live / Cause I went from negative to positive."

TownStar
TownStar
  • Predictions:  944  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  329
  • Post Score: 62

02.16.2011 | 9:44 AM ET

I was a sherdogger for a long time, but i became fed up with the site in general solely because of the forums. But then i randomly read about tapology... a godsend for us genuinely passionate mma faithfuls who can have a intelligent conversation about the sport or about a fighter. I think this site will become very big, very soon, especially with the awards system and fight score keeping. I love this site, and cant wait for new features, we owe a lot to the people who made this site, i think a couple of you guys work for tapology... no?
@lilspyder, im glad ive found another Silva fan as adamant about him as i am, he is my favorite fighter and i got to see him at ufc 117 in Oakland. The KO of Vitor will go down as one of the greatest KOs of our time in mma.... 

"fresh outta Oakland..."

bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  2,109  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,761
  • Post Score: 117

02.16.2011 | 10:11 AM ET

@townstar - how long were you a sherdogger and was it always like it is today? I couldn't even make it through one forum. The crap they talk is absurd.

jeremy
jeremy
  • Predictions:  1,062  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  819
  • Post Score: 168

02.16.2011 | 10:32 AM ET

@Townstar -- so happy to hear you say that. gregory, steven and i work on the site. we're on here every day, and the most important thing going on is definitely thoughtful, intelligent posts and a good atmosphere on the forums. i think that's key since there are lots of places to post comments online, but not all of them offer everybody a fair shake and an equal reception.

as a bunch of the regular contributors on here know, we are working on tons of new features for the site, and whenever we get good suggestions for them we work them into our plans.  but before we can start to introduce them we have had to spend the last month (uggh) improving the site speed and making it scale for the increases in traffic. it's more complicated to do that on tapology than many other sites, because the site itself is complex, so everyone has had to be patient - most of all us!

when the speed and scaling work is wrapped up, we are gonna be men of our words and drop some SICK features on y'all, one after another, every few weeks for . . . like . . . forever i guess. or until there's nothing left to build. or until MMA is the biggest sport in the world.

"Damn right I like the life I live / Cause I went from negative to positive."

LynxGuy
LynxGuy
  • Predictions:  1,054  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,120
  • Post Score: 138

02.16.2011 | 12:12 PM ET

I agree 100% about the Sherdog forums.  I'm so glad I found Tapology because ever since I have I haven't been bothering with Sherdog at all.  I'd say about 90% of the crap in their forums is fighter bashing or just immature kids arguing back and fourth about anything possible.  I go to MMAJunkie for the latest news and come to Tapology to discuss upcoming fights, fighters, events, etc.  Tapology's definitely got a great atmosphere so far and I hope it stays that way as this site becomes more and more popular.

"Don't be scared, homie." - Nick Diaz

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

02.16.2011 | 12:22 PM ET

@LynxGuy: All of the regulars we've currently got on the Tapology forums have got to do their part to keep that atmosphere intact. Would be interesting to see at which point the Sherdog forums went downhill and what caused it, assuming it wasn't purely a major influx of traffic. I've never been a fan of those forums (used to post on the MMANews.com forums) but I have heard horror stories from many.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

lilspyder
lilspyder

02.16.2011 | 12:44 PM ET

@townstar you lucky bastard! you got to see our hero fight chael sonnen live must have been amazing! was your heart in your throat the whole time? cause mine was i thought he was done for sure lol. Can't ever count him out that's for sure. To jeremy this site is a godsend and thanks for creating it man. You guys are amazing and this site is amazing and I can't wait to see all these SICK upgrades your working on! The other thing I know for sure is that when you say you have these upgrades and ideas I know you will back them up and thats what makes you different from other mma sites. Keep up the good work!

"Never Give Up! These violent delights have violent ends. Amat victoria paratum"

DaiKaiju Wicked
DaiKaiju Wicked
  • Predictions:  2,021  |  67.8%
  • Forum Posts:  383
  • Post Score: 149

02.16.2011 | 2:12 PM ET

I love the Tapology forums.  Friendly and non-troll laden.  And to celebrate my appreciation for these forums, I'm making my 100th post talking about how awesome they are.  And boom goes the dynamite.

"I was born as a catholic but the nuns turned me. I was born as a pacifist but the guns turned me. I was born to be a beautiful man, but the ugliness is powerful, I do what I can."

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

02.16.2011 | 2:43 PM ET

i 2nd what daikaiju just said

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

02.16.2011 | 4:43 PM ET

This is the first site I actually post on for MMA...I never got into the set-up of Sherdog so I guess I'm a lucky one that never had to deal with the mess that it has became!

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

02.16.2011 | 5:25 PM ET

im starting to spend more time on this site than on Sherdog.

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,563
  • Post Score: 275

02.16.2011 | 5:33 PM ET

glad you guys are digging it.

"I live, I die, I live again."

lilspyder
lilspyder

02.17.2011 | 3:26 PM ET

I'm the same as soccerkick in that i never posted in mma forums before this one. thank god for the pop up add on facebook, best thing to happen to me in the world of online mma :)

lilspyder
lilspyder

02.17.2011 | 5:30 PM ET

So to get this back on Silva here's a link showing anderson's walkout from one of his early fights. He loves him some Michael Jackson lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Tyc3Zjp25g&feature=related

caymanfighter
caymanfighter
  • Predictions:  43  |  55.8%
  • Forum Posts:  54
  • Post Score: 80

02.22.2011 | 7:25 AM ET

thanks again to all you guys who work on this site, definitely a breath of fresh air, I really appreciate the intelligent constructive debates that take place in these forums. Especially being a fighter it never really interested me to post on forums. It pisses me off each time I decide to peek at the forums on other sites and see people who have never set foot in a cage or ring bash fighters and different aspects of MMA without having sacrificed what we do as fighters and true fans of the sport. Usually after my daily training session I am so beat I go home and watch Unleashed, TUF or SportsCenter till I fall asleep. Since @lilspyder directed me to Tapology I find myself eager to get home and check out what the MMA world has to say. I can not express how much I appreciate the fact the the bashing is kept to a minimal! PS I heard that to counteract all the "secret" techniques Steven Seagal has taught Anderson Silva, GSP has hired Jean Claude Van Dam to teach him the jumping splits kick!.....jk :~)
bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  2,109  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,761
  • Post Score: 117

02.22.2011 | 7:45 AM ET

Perhaps we Dana and Joe Silva should start a fantasy tournament - imagine the competitors - Chuck Norris, Jean Claude Van Dam, Stephen Seagal.... the possibilities are endless....
lilspyder
lilspyder

02.22.2011 | 8:05 AM ET

That would be amazing there was a clip on youtube that had these matchups going to a ufc tournament style. Who would you pick to win though?

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC Fight Night Tapology coverage is now live
  • Jhonata Diniz vs. Austen Lane - A post-fight interview is in progress.
  • Join the UFC Fight Night live discussion
  • Tapology Picks: Austen Lane 9% Jhonata Diniz 91%
  • Austen Lane (12-5-0, 1 NC) FL, US.
  • Jhonata Diniz (7-0-0) PR, BR is the #12th Pro Mens Heavyweight in Brazil.
  • UFC Fight Night features 13 MMA bouts
  • The event takes place from UFC Apex in Las Vegas, Nevada