Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Blaydes vs. Aspinall

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,025
  • Post Score: 47

04.21.2022 | 9:28 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 07.23.2022 at 12:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN+
  • Name: UFC Fight Night: Blaydes vs. Aspinall
  • Also Known As: UFC Fight Night London
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: 02 Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: John Gooden, Paul Felder, Michael Bisping
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Michael Bisping
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $4,320,679
  • Attendance: 17,813
  • MMA Bouts: 14
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Curtis Blaydes   defeats   Tom Aspinall   via KO/TKO, Knee Injury   0:15 Round 1 of 5 Bout Page
Jack Hermansson   defeats   Chris Curtis   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Paddy Pimblett   defeats   Jordan Leavitt   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   2:46 Round 2 of 3, 7:46 Total Bout Page
Nikita Krylov   defeats   Alexander Gustafsson   via KO/TKO, Punches   1:07 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Molly McCann   defeats   Hannah Goldy   via KO/TKO, Spinning Elbow and Punches   3:52 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Volkan Oezdemir   defeats   Paul Craig   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Ľudovít Klein   defeats   Mason Jones   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Marc Diakiese   defeats   Damir Hadžović   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Nathaniel Wood   defeats   Charles Rosa   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jonathan Pearce   defeats   Makwan Amirkhani   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   4:10 Round 2 of 3, 9:10 Total Bout Page
Muhammad Mokaev   defeats   Charles Johnson   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jai Herbert   defeats   Kyle Nelson   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Victoria Leonardo   defeats   Mandy Böhm   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Nicolas Dalby   defeats   Claudio Silva   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Page 131

hlgh
hlgh
  • Predictions:  1,764  |  60.5%
  • Forum Posts:  175
  • Post Score: 201

07.24.2022 | 5:17 AM ET

Where's that dude who was backing Damir all week?

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 575 Points   |   Tied for 1158th

Last 3 pages, I don't see a single post from him...

Then I see some more 17~ year olds barking about how Tom is trash because he got injured or something? What are you hating on a man who got injured for? Clearly he's top talent and if you can't see that, sitting there hating on him like, "yeah, this is the top of the line for Aspinall!".

You people sound so stupid, it's not funny...Buncha ****** little kids on here. Admitting to being 17~ years old, how can we take these people seriously? Blocked posts for me, it's nonsense just reading it.

"Youtube capper splits sheets avaliable in Twitter bio."

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

07.24.2022 | 6:08 AM ET

Predictions: 10 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 615 Points   |   Tied for 684th

Cool event alot of grappling heavy fights so its not all about stand and bang it seems... With 20 000 people watching I would guess you cant help but get sucked into a war sometimes... As I said before I hope Jones ditches Alpha Fail starts training local, theres good wrastling in north England and good striking gyms everywhere there, also go run the Welsh mountains and sprint them... Why take a long flight across the world to those bums in Sacramento... Klein is the real deal though watch out for him

Gustafsson didnt look in shape that much... He seems to be injured or lost motivation... Maybe its just getting older either

Hermansson is a viking bully

Mokaev will be around for years but Johnson can hang in the division I think

Aspinall isnt in the shape Blaydes is in The Weasel did a good breakdown on it... What can you learn from it... Throw less kicks? Im more of a hands person but kicks are cool you just need to master them, Aspinall is more of an MMA fighter than a striking master.... **** happens

McCann and Poddy are set with that barstool sports deal they can buy 5 to 10 houses in Liverpool and have money left with that deal if the number I saw was true... Feel bad for Chris Fishgold though

Wood is pretty good he kind of outclassed Rosa who has done great despite a real tough life, but living in London he will have to rack up the paydays to afford a decent house he should be more active

Makwan doesnt seem to like getting in the best shape he can , maybe its just getting older, maybe its not, conditioning/fitness is everything, Pearce is in shape

Dalby viking bully

Hadzovic seems to have bad grappling Diakiese is from Manchester but he is not a true wrestler he only started training that when he got into MMA, he was a footballer then ko brawler for years, maybe he did some wrastling being from that area then I will stand corrected.. He is athletic and has great genes so that helps

* Edited at 07.24.2022, 6:10 AM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,544
  • Post Score: 262

07.24.2022 | 6:26 AM ET

If Curtis cause the fluck injury like Yair did to Ortega or Chito did to O’Malley then it be different, but Curtis didn’t do anything to cause the injury as it’s was the back leg that gave out, and it wasn’t like a leg kick or a check leg kick done the damage, And it’s only 15 seconds, the fight didn’t start

* Edited at 07.24.2022, 6:29 AM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

JohnVolcan
JohnVolcan
  • Predictions:  5,334  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  624
  • Post Score: 235

07.24.2022 | 6:43 AM ET

Not the worst fight night for me

Predictions: 10 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 590 Points   |   Tied for 950th

Not the best card for the fans sure, but I don't know, maybe it was me being drunk with my delicious scottish whisky, but I enjoyed most of it.

Mokaev was really tested by a tough durable dude, and while the fight was not very exciting to watch, it was interesting to see the young prospect still looked very solid and promising, with good cardio.

Jonathan Pearce looked fantastic against Amirkhani, and I thought the fight between Wood and Rosa was really untertaining, thanks to Rosa's toughness. Wood looked great, too.

I know this will sound strange, but I thought the battle between Craig and Volkan Oezdemir was very interesting and fascinating to watch : to me it's not that both guys looked bad, it's that Craig's dangerous ground game made Volkan looked a little bit uncomfortable, and Volkan superior stand up made Craig looked very shy...
I was still impressed by Volkan TD defense and fight IQ, IMO it was just a bad piece of matchmaking for the fans, and Volkan just made zero mistake...wich is the only way to survive a Craig fight.
I'm sure both will look their usual self in their next fights, they're always very fun to watch and ultra aggressive. Can't wait for their next matchups (I really like the Volkan-Krylov idea, and for Craig anything other tahn Shogun Rua trilogy would work).

McCann and Pimblett had scintillating performances, they were the stars of the night.
I mean, they're almost like a weird ass comical duo, a little bit unlikeable clowns at times, but there is no denying that they are high level action fighters at the very least now. They may never reach the top of their divisions, but some nice competitive wars in the top 10 isn't out of the possibility for both. 

Krylov vs Gustafsson was really sad, and it just confirmed that Gus isn't the elite fighter he was 5 years ago, we learned absolutely nothing new about both. I can't wait to sea a more appropriate matchup for Krylov, maybe the Volkan fight could be a brutal car crash war. Gus should retire, his legacy is already great.

I was a fan of Curtis before that fight, but he really acted (and fought) like a child.
I really enjoyed Hermansson 's performance, his stand up looked fantastic, mixing his improving boxing game with a great ****tail of low and high kicks, with the occasional TD attempt. His cardio is inhuman, really. Curtis poor behaviour made Hermansson win that much better to watch.

And yeah, let's not speak too much about the 15 seconds of Blaydes-Aspinall. I agree that Blaydes won the 15 first seconds of the fight before of the injury, but I'm sure you could find 15 seconds where Tony Ferguson is beating the crap out of Justin Gaethje in their fight, or the first Ngannou vs Miocic fight.
So it will be good to sea a rematch.
At least the Ortega injury, while disapointing, was more a direct result of Yair's aggression... This just looked like a complete fluke injury.

Still, the night answered a lot of questions about where the fighters are in their carrers.

"Check my ART here if you want : https://www.instagram.com/john.volcan/"

loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,313
  • Post Score: 283

07.24.2022 | 6:49 AM ET

Predictions: 11 of 14 Winners, 5 Perfect, 705 Points   |   Tied for 128th

Gutted for Aspinal. Hope it’s not career threatening. I believe Blaydes would’ve won but not very confident and still think a healthy Aspinal is the future. 

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

Cheeseball
Cheeseball
  • Predictions:  13,293  |  71.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,946
  • Post Score: 247

07.24.2022 | 8:35 AM ET

Curtis and Hermansson made up back stage.

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 475 Points   |   Tied for 2778th

"🌽⚽️"

Daebak
Daebak
  • Predictions:  1,698  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  297
  • Post Score: 109

07.24.2022 | 8:47 AM ET

Predictions: 10 of 14 Winners, 2 Perfect, 605 Points   |   Tied for 781st

r/mma ?? Just vomited in my mouth a bit. Gross.
JReynolds47
JReynolds47
  • Predictions:  12,566  |  72.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,517
  • Post Score: 13

07.24.2022 | 10:26 AM ET

thoughts on my 2 betting losses

1. Hadzovic. just because you like a fighter dosent mean you should bet on him

2. Bohm. just because 1 fighter is really bad dosent mean the other fighter will be good enough to capitalize

still went positive but need to be smarter

"Jarno Errens, Damir Hadzovic"

Noxx
Noxx
  • Predictions:  954  |  62.1%
  • Forum Posts:  3,038
  • Post Score: 159

07.24.2022 | 11:41 AM ET

@WastelandWanderer

Predictions: 10 of 14 Winners, 5 Perfect, 625 Points   |   Tied for 587th

What bothered me the most about the Jones vs Klein fight is that Jones is a better fighter but had a terrible gameplan by deciding to fight with a better striker. It also says something about his fight IQ that he didn't adjust after the first round. I personally expected that Jones would grappled and clinch a lot more, since Klein isn't the best at it and it was his easiest path to victory. I'm not sure if the reason he decided to train at Alpha Male is the reason for all this, but what's obvious is that he really needs to make some changes. I honestly want to believe that he had an off night, because he has shown that his fight IQ is one of his strengths in the past. If I was him, I would want to get a fight asap so that he can redeem himself and bounce back. 

Gustafsson really needs to retire. These past few fights have shown that he's lost the mental resilience and toughness to compete and doesn't seem to have that focus that he used to have. His last decent fight was against Smith, but even in that fight you could see that he was on a decline and didn't look the way he used to. I truly hope he will just quit fighting, because no one wants him to take more unnecessary damage in a division where there are only hard hitters.

"Learning is a gift, even when pain is your teacher"

****les
****les
  • Predictions:  280  |  67.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2,228
  • Post Score: 244

07.24.2022 | 11:44 AM ET

Predictions: 11 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 675 Points   |   Tied for 244th

Everyone who picked Jones is ********.
This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 2 months, 16 hours, and 7 minutes from now.
Slimcharly
Slimcharly
  • Predictions:  2,557  |  60.2%
  • Forum Posts:  44
  • Post Score: 182

07.24.2022 | 11:51 AM ET

Predictions: 12 of 14 Winners, 6 Perfect, 775 Points   |   Tied for 31st with 3 others

Only missed on two fights and I am smacking myself for both choices. For sure knew better on both. 

"Fight clock brought to you by Modelooooooooooo! "

JReynolds47
JReynolds47

07.24.2022 | 2:03 PM ET

Damir Hadzovic vs Steve Garcia is perfect.

Loser gets cut, winner stays in the ufc.

Lets go!

Cheeseball
Cheeseball
  • Predictions:  13,293  |  71.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,946
  • Post Score: 247

07.24.2022 | 2:10 PM ET

@Daebak

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 475 Points   |   Tied for 2778th

r/mma isn't a bad mma forum. I personally don't really lurk there as much ever since I discovered Tapology but that doesn't mean good discussions don't happen there. r/UFC on the other hand is MMA discussion hell.

"🌽⚽️"

****les
****les

07.24.2022 | 2:20 PM ET

This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 2 months, 16 hours, and 7 minutes from now.
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  15,961  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32,065
  • Post Score: 88

07.24.2022 | 2:24 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 555 Points   |   Tied for 1449th

@jreynolds what about Maheshate vs damir. That would be fire 

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

TARTARA
TARTARA
  • Predictions:  53,902  |  69.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,186
  • Post Score: 65

07.24.2022 | 2:47 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 590 Points   |   Tied for 1010th

"KURZHAAR - Tomorrow Never Comes Until It's Too Late"

****les
****les

07.24.2022 | 2:59 PM ET

JReynolds47
JReynolds47

07.24.2022 | 3:42 PM ET

ayylmaonnaise

well i said damir v garcia because they were supposed to fight earlier this year.

maheshate v damir would be cool to see

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  15,961  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32,065
  • Post Score: 88

07.24.2022 | 3:44 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 555 Points   |   Tied for 1449th

Ohh I didn’t know that; either way both r good fights 

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,544
  • Post Score: 262

07.24.2022 | 5:23 PM ET

Weasle said that Blaydes cause the injury by checking a leg kick by Aspinall, LOL

"Quack quack quack"

Page 131

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Free Fight Friday: Declan Moody vs Anton Minenko
  • UFC.com : UFC 5 Brings Gamers Closer To The Action Than Ever
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Vegas 91 weigh-in results: 2 fighters miss weight
  • MMA Junkie : NAC withholds earnings from two UFC 300 winners; hearings scheduled
  • Middle Easy : Kayla Harrison Turned Down a Clash with Ketlen Vieira at UFC 303: ‘Stop Running and Sign the Contract’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 weigh-in results: Two fighters heavy – including 2.5-pound miss
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 weigh-in results and live video stream
  • Middle Easy : Ali Abdelaziz Reveals ‘Crazy’ Story Behind Getting Justin Gaethje an Extra 150k for Fighting Tony Ferguson
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 video: Matheus Nicolau, Alex Perez make weight in Las Vegas
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch UFC Vegas 91 weigh-in video live now
  • MMA Junkie : Ketlen Vieira claims she was offered Kayla Harrison for UFC 303: 'She has to stop running'
  • UFC.com : Karine Silva Is All-Business, All-Action
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau vs. Alex Perez prediction, pick: Which flyweight stays in contention at UFC on ESPN 55?
  • UFC.com : Jonathan Pearce: Knocking On The Door
  • MMA Mania : Coach Benched Dariush To ‘Focus On His Health’
  • UFC.com : Marnic Mann Gets Down To Business
  • Middle Easy : Anthony Smith ‘Shocked’ By How Good Sean Strickland Truly Is: ‘He Only Shows a Small Part of His Game’
  • MMA Junkie : Photos: BKFC: Knucklemania 4 pre-fight press conference
  • MMAFighting.com : Thiago Alves was basically retired until BKFC called for Mike Perry fight: ‘Money talks’
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! UFC Vegas 91 Early Weigh Ins!