Tapology Forums

PERSONAL THREAD FOR @SABBATH, ET AL.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Moorlady
Moorlady

03.13.2022 | 5:19 PM ET

1) Where is everyone from?

2) What drew you to MMA?

Responses Page 2

Bronco
Bronco
  • Predictions:  2,140  |  58.9%
  • Forum Posts:  154
  • Post Score: 360

03.13.2022 | 9:05 PM ET

I am a ******** anyways

"If you follow me, I will follow you"

Bronco
Bronco
  • Predictions:  2,140  |  58.9%
  • Forum Posts:  154
  • Post Score: 360

03.13.2022 | 9:06 PM ET

With a brown belt and I watch MMA on point

"If you follow me, I will follow you"

Sabbath
Sabbath
  • Predictions:  1,873  |  63.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,437
  • Post Score: 239

03.13.2022 | 9:10 PM ET

Brunco

Damn right it is, where else are you gonna see a forty year old Cuban **** himself to gain the upper hand and beat a large black man’s ribs seventeen times with his elbows? I don’t see any of that in football 

"I’m here, I ain’t *****, but I love anal, so don’t tempt me."

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,344  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,321
  • Post Score: 285

03.13.2022 | 9:13 PM ET

@Sabbath

"Spider belt in ******ation" cracked me up lol! All I did to get it was just pick loads of the smaller regional shows over the course of about 2 years. Generally speaking, those cards are easier to pick as there are tons of mismatches down at that level. Picking the boxing as well, you usually find most cards are full of mismatches so the Spider belt just an accumulation of points as the result of picking lots of low level mismatches. It's not really an achievement, it just happened because I like to learn about the lower level stuff and enjoy taking guesses as to who will win them. It's certainly not representative of my knowledge, that's for sure lol!

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Cheeseball
Cheeseball
  • Predictions:  13,293  |  71.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,946
  • Post Score: 247

03.13.2022 | 9:16 PM ET

@Stephen Terry @Sabbath

Same deal here with my 8th degree blackbelt. Though I also torture my pick percentage by picking Japanese MMA/Boxing shows.

"🌽⚽️"

OldManGloom
OldManGloom
  • Predictions:  109,651  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  9,505
  • Post Score: 254

03.13.2022 | 9:28 PM ET

****tin' in the Mitten my whole life and I'm an old school TUF noob.  Specifically season 3, so 2006.

"When the system fails you you create your own system."

loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,313
  • Post Score: 283

03.13.2022 | 9:32 PM ET

Illadelph area. 

Went to my first wrestling practice in grade school only to find out there was no turnbuckle for me to drop kick or flying elbow my brothers from. Highly disappointing. I was no longer interested in that fraudulent thing peons call “pro wrestling”. Though they were skilled stuntmen, **** wasn’t for me. Year later wrestling in HS MMA came out and there was this Gracie cat breaking arms of much bigger dudes. Guys like Severn and Coleman intrigued me coming from wrestling backgrounds. Got lost in life and other activities after hs(95) and faded out but checked back here and there. Years later, like maybe 2002-4ish started coming back to it and have not left this time. Now in my mid 40s I still love it. Actually getting back in shape and very recently started jujitsu. Hence cutting the booze. It’s very humbling in all the right ways. I get mauled routinely and love it.  ****s kinda giving me something to give af about again. Wish I started earlier. I loved Rountree post fight, as I was over 310lbs at one point too after injuries and living wrong. Stopped making excuses and got to the gym. I’m 6’ and 220 now. 

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

Sabbath
Sabbath

03.13.2022 | 11:19 PM ET

loudainSwain

“I get mauled routinely and I love it” **** yes someone I can vibe with, if you ain’t losing in the gym then you never get to win when it matters the most. There’s a brown belt at my gym who’s far more skilled then me but I swear I will get him with his own d’arce one day and I will not accept a tap he has to call me Daddy

Moorlady
Moorlady

03.14.2022 | 12:11 AM ET

I'll be 40 next year.  Looking to train in something... mainly for fitness and to vent aggression in a healthy way.  Not sure what to train.  Maybe boxing?  Maybe judo?  I just want to hit something really hard without hurting anyone.
Sabbath
Sabbath

03.14.2022 | 12:17 AM ET

Moorlady

Boxing or Muay Thai always did the job for me. Put on some gloves and go ham on the Heavybag and all that pissed off aura washes straight off of me. Burns a **** ton of calories too. 

loudenSwain
loudenSwain

03.14.2022 | 10:09 AM ET

Yea, @Sabbath & Moorlady, I’d love to hit the bag but I think my hand is too far gone. I missed nearly 2 years of work with hand injury. 

JReynolds47
JReynolds47
  • Predictions:  12,596  |  72.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,521
  • Post Score: 13

03.14.2022 | 10:26 AM ET

1. Im from Texas

2. My dad kinda showed me it. My first event i remember is UFC 105 in the uk i believe with randy couture and michael bisping on the card. i was never a massive fan until the pandemic happened, then i really got engaged. 

im 17 btw

"Jarno Errens, Damir Hadzovic"

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,563
  • Post Score: 275

03.14.2022 | 10:47 AM ET

From Boston.

My brother tried to get me into MMA when I visited him and he ordered the UFC 44 pay per view. I thought it sucked... Couture just smothered Tito for the whole fight and from what I could tell, nothing really happened. But then later on he showed me the Smashing Machine documentary about Mark Kerr and I thought that was pretty compelling. Then when I saw the promo videos for Pride 28 I got hooked on the storyline of Rampage and Silva rematching. And then the fight was awesome and I became a fan.

"I live, I die, I live again."

stuthehistoryguy
stuthehistoryguy
  • Predictions:  10,397  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  737
  • Post Score: 316

03.14.2022 | 11:36 AM ET

I live in Omaha, with all that entails.

I started watching MMA on VHS when the first UFC videos came out - the "wild west" days. My biggest surprise as it has evolved is how much more predominant the standup game has become. After the success of Royce Gracie, Dan Severn, and Oleg Taktarov, I thought that the future of MMA would be "grappling, with some striking involved". As things have gone, it's become "striking, with some grappling involved" - albeit, of course, with some blatant exceptions. Still loving it.

* Edited at 03.14.2022, 1:06 PM ET *

"I'm not on your side. I'm not on his side. I'm on the side or being right. - Richard Harrison Sr"

Slickjitsu
Slickjitsu
  • Predictions:  1,333  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  2
  • Post Score: 500

03.14.2022 | 11:37 AM ET

OMAHA!! 🤙

"Jorge Masvidal is my best friend!"

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  15,997  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32,083
  • Post Score: 88

03.14.2022 | 11:43 AM ET

From Massachusetts 

Only got into mma about three years ago. Started watching causally and once the pandemic hit I became obsessed with the sport 

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

stuthehistoryguy
stuthehistoryguy
  • Predictions:  10,397  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  737
  • Post Score: 316

03.14.2022 | 11:49 AM ET

@Slickjitsu

Hey, man.

Do you fight on Dynasty cards?

"I'm not on your side. I'm not on his side. I'm on the side or being right. - Richard Harrison Sr"

Moorlady
Moorlady

03.14.2022 | 1:03 PM ET

@loudenSwain

That sucks about your hand, dude!  I swim.  Sometimes freestyle feels like throwing punches.  
flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,740  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,780
  • Post Score: 273

03.14.2022 | 1:32 PM ET

Born in Toronto, Canada. 

Watching old PrideFC on The Fight Network (A Canadian television network that is dedicated to all forms of combat sports.)

I remember being stoned out of my mind, and these two men start punching each other in the face and didn't stop for what seemed like an eternity. That was Don Frye and Takiyama. Would have been around 2006. 

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

loudenSwain
loudenSwain

03.14.2022 | 2:16 PM ET

Swimming is great and so much better on joints for us large and aging folk. I been jumping rope for cardio instead of running. I wish running didn’t bore me so much. Lol. Also concrete kills my knees, feet and back. I got a good deal of miles on this ole body of mine. 

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Charly Arnolt details historic impromptu UFC cage announcer role: 'I was scared of messing up'
  • MMA Junkie : 'LokDog' Vinicius Oliveira gets Ricky Simon in first fight since UFC Knockout of the Year candidate
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Don'Tale Mayes wants quick return on hometown Louisville card
  • MMA Mania : ‘My Style, It’s Worst Style For This Guy Dustin’
  • MMAFighting.com : Thiago Alves retires from combat sports after Mike Perry knockout loss at KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Ryan Garcia shows Colby Covington left hooks after Donald Trump meetup in Florida
  • MMAFighting.com : WATCH: Swedish fighter delivers incredible faceplant knockout in pro debut
  • MMA Junkie : GLORY Kickboxing vet Jhonata Diniz ready for 'big names' at heavyweight after UFC on ESPN 55 win
  • MMA Mania : Video: Garcia Striking Tips Open Colby’s Third Eye
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Perez on UFC main event knockout: ‘My friends always call me pillow hands, so now they can’t’
  • Middle Easy : Islam Makhachev Says Dustin Poirier Is A ‘Tough Fight’, Wants Arman Tsarukyan Next
  • MMA Junkie : Mick Maynard's Shoes: What's next for Alex Perez after UFC on ESPN 55 upset win?
  • MMAFighting.com : WATCH: UFC vet Hunter Azure flattens opponent with brutal one-punch knockout
  • Middle Easy : Video: Ryan Garcia Gives UFC Star Colby Covington Quick Striking Tutorial
  • MMA Junkie : Mike Perry thanks Conor McGregor for becoming BKFC owner: 'He's done remarkable things'
  • MMA Mania : ‘Thank You, Man’
  • MMAFighting.com : Michael Chandler reacts to Conor McGregor becoming part owner of BKFC
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 post-event facts: Ryan Spann's struggles continue
  • Middle Easy : Mike Perry Reacts To Conor McGregor’s BKFC Ownership: ‘Nobody Moved That Needle Like Him’
  • MMA Junkie : Uros Medic knows Ian Machado Garry won't fight him but in his 'humble opinion,' would knock him out