Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Makhachev vs. Green

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,023
  • Post Score: 47

10.14.2021 | 10:36 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
Bout   Info
Islam Makhachev   defeats   Bobby Green   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   3:23 Round 1 of 5 Bout Page
Wellington Turman   defeats   Misha Cirkunov   via Submission, Armbar   1:29 Round 2 of 3, 6:29 Total Bout Page
Priscila Cachoeira   defeats   Ji Yeon Kim   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Arman Tsarukyan   defeats   Joel Alvarez   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   1:57 Round 2 of 3, 6:57 Total Bout Page
Armen Petrosyan   defeats   Gregory Rodrigues   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Ignacio Bahamondes   defeats   Zhu Rongzhu   via Submission, Brabo Choke   1:40 Round 3 of 3, 11:40 Total Bout Page
Josiane Nunes   defeats   Ramona Pascual   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Terrance McKinney   defeats   Fares Ziam   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   2:11 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Jonathan Martinez   defeats   Alejandro Perez   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Ramiz Brahimaj   defeats   Micheal Gillmore   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   2:02 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Carlos Hernandez   defeats   Victor Altamirano   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 16

lefontes
lefontes
  • Predictions:  94  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  40
  • Post Score: 40

02.22.2022 | 9:42 AM ET

Martinez is much better than Perez. 
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  15,961  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32,062
  • Post Score: 88

02.22.2022 | 10:00 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 390 Points   |   Tied for 2222nd

@theproishiphop I was thinking the same thing. I hate how low volume Frey is and she never used her wrestling. Goldy sucks ass but she’s very high volume which I think will cause problems for frey

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

Sial789
Sial789
  • Predictions:  1,988  |  57.5%
  • Forum Posts:  45
  • Post Score: 236

02.22.2022 | 10:11 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 380 Points   |   2366th Place

Tsarukyan vs. Alvarez
Joel Alvarez, SUB, R1
Arman shoots and alvarez locks in a guillotine

theproishiphop
theproishiphop
  • Predictions:  3,314  |  68.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,170
  • Post Score: 135

02.22.2022 | 10:16 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 455 Points   |   Tied for 1058th

@AyyLmaonnaise yea, I watched what OnlyFans did to Kay Hansen.  If you are making softcore **** while your opponent is in the gym, I'm a little worried lol.  I don't like Goldy's reach disadvantage.  I worry about Frey laying and preying to victory, also.  But for those backing Frey, I really worry about her lack of activity striking vs Goldy who doubles the output.  That being said, this is pretty low level and there is nothing that can happen that will shock me. So while I'm taking a shot in the dark hoping Frey can do enough to dominate Goldy on the ground by just laying on her, I think the smart bet is that this goes the distance.

Goldy is also dropping down to 115 for the first time, I believe.  So, there is a chance I change my tune after weigh ins.

* Edited at 02.22.2022, 10:19 AM ET *

"Sir, ARE you ready? Sir, ARE you ready? FIGHT!!!"

Standard_Split
Standard_Split
  • Predictions:  12  |  83.3%
  • Forum Posts:  179
  • Post Score: 168

02.22.2022 | 10:24 AM ET

Makhachev by sub opened at even money. That's the play here in the main event. Even Makhachev ITD at around -200 is pretty solid too. 
Tieoken
Tieoken
  • Predictions:  1,977  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,620
  • Post Score: 313

02.22.2022 | 10:25 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 450 Points   |   Tied for 1217th

Makhachev vs. Green
Islam Makhachev, SUB, R3
This fight makes me sad. How many late notice fighters is Islam gonna draw who are outside the top 5. At this point I'm not even mad at him, just mad at the situation.

Cirkunov vs. Turman
Misha Cirkunov, SUB, R1
Misha get's a lot of hate, I get it he's screwed the pooch a couple of times as it were. But in his second foray down to 185 I'm hoping he has a better cut and continues to show his development. I like the leg kicks and striking in his last fight, I honestly believe he will have an easier time getting Turman down and with his slightly improved striking I trust him to be safer getting there.

Tsarukyan vs. Alvarez
Joel Alvarez, TKO, R3
Alvarez wins the striking. Tsarukyan win the wrestling. The question is does Alvarez willingly engage on the ground, and if he does who win the grappling? I favor Tsarukyan on the ground, but I'm hoping Alvarez using his height and neck attacks to halt the wrestling, however, if he pulls for subs like he did against Oliviera that makes for a bad night.

Rodrigues vs. Petrosyan
Gregory Rodrigues, SUB, R2
Dangerous fight, Petrosyan is a pretty solid Muay Thai fighter. So is Rodrigues, but man does Rodrigues appeal the belief that the best defense is a good offense. And it's how someone like Williams KO'd him. Tough to trust Rodrigues to use his BJJ he, but that is his best path to victory. Both fighters could lose on the feet, and Petrosyan will definitely lose on the ground.

Bahamondes vs. Rong
Ignacio Bahamondes, TKO, R2
National KB champion, a lot of experience in the game, and awesome physicality for the division. I've also been hard fading all the Chinese PI prospects because, well we've been sold wolf-tickets on pretty much all of them. Not my best analysis as I'm not betting this fight, but on the feed I trust Bahamondes against any unranked fighter.

Nunes vs. Pascual
Ramona Pascual, SUB, R2
What?

McKinney vs. Ziam
Fares Ziam, DEC
Ziam has been at Sanford since that Vendramini loss. Now, Sanford is my favorite camp right now, really great at optimizing (but not revolutionizing) fighters. Ziam doesn't need to change his game, he just needs to strap on some wrestling shoes, and seeing a lot of photos of him in the background at sanford wrestling makes he think he can nullify the McKinney wrestling. Now for striking, Ziam is just clearly the better striker at range and I hope he can keep it there. I actually bet that if this was in a full size octagon the odds would shift and Ziam would be the favorite. But, we'll see how it goes down!

Yu Frey vs. Goldy
Hannah Goldy, DEC
Frey is better but smaller and Goldy is still growing. Meh.

Perez vs. Martinez
Alejandro Perez, DEC
I love Perez, and I loved Martinez. Martinez came in with a lot of hype because of his win over Almeida, who we have now realized just got broke by Rob Font. No shame, Almeida is still one of the unsung greats, but he wasn't Almeida in that fight. That aside, Martinez has not appeared that special, and his losses... oooh boy: Andre "3-IQ" Suckemoff and Andrew Ewwell. No shame in the Grant loss, and Martinez does appear to be a growing talen. But Perez ignoring his last "sole-searching" wrestling escapade is already a developed fighter, I know what to expect, and I trust him here. Sure Martinez could have leveled-up hardcore and come out here and win, but I'll go with the established Perez.

Brahimaj vs. Gillmore
Ramiz Brahimaj, SUB, R1
Flip a coin. But not for the fight, for which Ramiz we get. McGee is way tougher than people give him credit for, like the general opinion about McGee is more ******** than I am, but Ramiz displayed the IQ of a cuttlefish. Ramiz in Rd1 by sub or Gillmore by Ramiz's bad cardio and fight IQ.

Altamirano vs. Hernandez
Victor Altamirano, DEC
What a treat of an opener. Two really fresh (despite the age) flyweights who have similar but different styles. No idea who wins, but I highly highly doubt there is gonna be some crazy finish. Someone is going to do better at range (Altamirano imo) and one is probably going to do better against the cage (Hernandez). Who tf knows really, I'll lean Altamirano because I think he has the prettier hands, and hopefully he's working on his get-up game. If hernandez was an Askar type, then I'd be picking him pretty quick. But I expect these guys to contest mostly at range.

"I’m here to snatch necks and cash checks" - Darrick Minner

Genie13312
Genie13312
  • Predictions:  1,838  |  53.9%
  • Forum Posts:  29
  • Post Score: 83

02.22.2022 | 12:04 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 350 Points   |   Tied for 2682nd

Makhachev vs. Green
Bobby Green, DEC
king green has been fighting out of his mind and turned me into a fan in the fiziev fight, if he succeeds in making it ugly and his tdd/wrestling hold up he can make this interesting. rooting for green and a man can dream

* Edited at 02.22.2022, 12:09 PM ET *

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

02.22.2022 | 12:22 PM ET

Why is everyone on altamirano over Hernandezz? I feel like Hernandez  is more well rounded and has much more experience

* Edited at 02.22.2022, 1:24 PM ET *

Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

02.22.2022 | 12:22 PM ET

Predictions: 4 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 240 Points   |   Tied for 3337th

I think Goldy fights at strawweight if it isn’t a short notice fight. 
theproishiphop
theproishiphop
  • Predictions:  3,314  |  68.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,170
  • Post Score: 135

02.22.2022 | 1:21 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 455 Points   |   Tied for 1058th

You mean Hernandez? It think it is because it is such an even fight and it is slightly plus money for Altamirano.  I wouldn't be shocked if it goes to a split decision either way.  It is a very equal match up on paper.

"Sir, ARE you ready? Sir, ARE you ready? FIGHT!!!"

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

02.22.2022 | 1:24 PM ET

Oh yeah Hernandez lol. Yeah they both have very well rounded skillsets

JCM25
JCM25
  • Predictions:  1,327  |  62.1%
  • Forum Posts:  40
  • Post Score: 78

02.22.2022 | 2:25 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 480 Points   |   Tied for 758th

@theproishiphop How did onlyfans have anything to do with her moving up and fighting someone too big for her? Loopy had the same outcome

* Edited at 02.22.2022, 2:26 PM ET *

JoseLobo
JoseLobo
  • Predictions:  2,795  |  65.3%
  • Forum Posts:  171
  • Post Score: 212

02.22.2022 | 2:29 PM ET

To sum up…

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 2513th

I just re-watched the Belbita vs De Paula fight and I still don't agree with the judges it makes absolutely no sense and I feel like I just re witnessed a crime

" Don’t ever doubt me again. Don’t you ever bully somebody. Don’t you ever talk about somebody and think you’re better than them.”"

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,263  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,261
  • Post Score: 136

02.22.2022 | 2:38 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 340 Points   |   Tied for 2748th

Nunes vs. Pascual
Josiane Nunes, TKO, R2
Ramona is bigger jos too small for feather is this card cursed with pointless fights?!@$@#

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,727  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,779
  • Post Score: 273

02.22.2022 | 2:50 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 315 Points   |   Tied for 3000th

Bobby Green has a very good chance here, although he may lack ground game, I bet this fight ends up him either giving Islam problems or getting totally smoked. Something is telling me Bobby Green, I've predicted Islam's only loss against Martins, I just got this feeling Bobby Green took the fight on extremely short notice and that shows confidence.

Maybe he knows something we don't, he's not a finisher, he is a striker primarily, but I believe that is what gives Islam a problem, although I believe the UFC was setting up Dan Hooker to lose, such as they obviously match-make and give certain fighters made matches.

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

02.22.2022 | 3:02 PM ET

I feel like he uses movement well. A lot better than his other opponents. I also really like his striking; the fact that he hit nasrat, a guy who had like a 71% striking defense, 188 times is crazy. I’m sure islam destroys him the second it goes to the ground but idk on the feet it should be Bobby all day. Does worry me that islam has been hit 13 at max, but Bobby is the highest volume striker he’s fought. I think his striking stance will help with tdd actually. It’s not a question that islam will take him down but Bobby always having his hands low does make it easier to defend takedowns so should be interesting to see how that plays out

HiDefff
HiDefff

02.22.2022 | 3:03 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 927th

UFC had inside info that RDA and Dariush were both going to pull out of their fights 2 weeks before the fight and had replacements already lined up as "set ups" is a wild ass theory. 

doesn't it seem much more plausible that they just want to keep him on the cards he's scheduled to be on? Is Islam supposed to say no to these replacement fighters so he doesn't get paid either. 

I find it hilarious that people seem upset that he gets these matchups. He had no hand in his opponents pulling out or no hand in who the UFC offers as a replacement. 

apparently he should just say no to replacements and not fight for 2 years at a time. 

* Edited at 02.22.2022, 3:04 PM ET *

Standard_Split
Standard_Split
  • Predictions:  12  |  83.3%
  • Forum Posts:  179
  • Post Score: 168

02.22.2022 | 3:04 PM ET

The only way Bobby wins here imo is if he smokes him in the 1st round, somewhat similar to how Martins caught Islam with fast hands. That being said, Islam is a much evolved fighter since his lone loss to Martins, and I see Islam running through him and getting a sub within the first 2 rounds.
SirVarelaBJJ
SirVarelaBJJ
  • Predictions:  3,430  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  25
  • Post Score: 116

02.22.2022 | 3:24 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 2008th

Bahamondes vs. Rong
Zhu Rong, DEC
I hate to say this, but Bahamondes is no a good fighter. This line is craaaazy. You guys will see.

"It was a beautiful day to die" - Michael Bisping

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

02.22.2022 | 3:33 PM ET

@hideff I think you’ve realized that by now mma fans will complain about anything lol

Page 16

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Ali Abdelaziz Reveals ‘Crazy’ Story Behind Getting Justin Gaethje an Extra 150k for Fighting Tony Ferguson
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch UFC Vegas 91 weigh-in video live now
  • MMA Junkie : Ketlen Vieira claims she was offered Kayla Harrison for UFC 303: 'She has to stop running'
  • UFC.com : Karine Silva Is All-Business, All-Action
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau vs. Alex Perez prediction, pick: Which flyweight stays in contention at UFC on ESPN 55?
  • UFC.com : Jonathan Pearce: Knocking On The Door
  • MMA Mania : Coach Benched Dariush To ‘Focus On His Health’
  • UFC.com : Marnic Mann Gets Down To Business
  • Middle Easy : Anthony Smith ‘Shocked’ By How Good Sean Strickland Truly Is: ‘He Only Shows a Small Part of His Game’
  • MMA Junkie : Photos: BKFC: Knucklemania 4 pre-fight press conference
  • MMAFighting.com : Thiago Alves was basically retired until BKFC called for Mike Perry fight: ‘Money talks’
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! UFC Vegas 91 Early Weigh Ins!
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo ready to trade leg kicks with Jonathan Martinez at UFC 301: 'I'm a specalist at what I do'
  • MMAFighting.com : Missed Fists: Fighter cusses out judge, tells them to quit
  • MMA Junkie : UFC champion Sean O'Malley on delay for Merab Dvalishvili title bout: 'I'm not fighting out of the country'
  • MMA Mania : BKFC ‘KnuckleMania 4’ Predictions
  • MMAFighting.com : Anthony Smith stands by Alex Pereira criticism but promises he’s not just ‘talking sh*t’ about him
  • UFC.com : Weigh-In Results | UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez
  • MMA Mania : Hunt Files To Unseal All Docs In UFC-Lesnar Lawsuit
  • MMA Junkie : Savannah Marshall signed with PFL for Claressa Shields rematch: 'The goal is to make a build-up'