Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Hermansson vs. Strickland

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,084
  • Post Score: 47

10.02.2021 | 11:28 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
Bout   Info
Sean Strickland   defeats   Jack Hermansson   via Decision, Split   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Nick Maximov   defeats   Punahele Soriano   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Shavkat Rakhmonov   defeats   Carlston Harris   via KO/TKO, Spinning Hook Kick to Ground Strikes   4:10 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Brendan Allen   defeats   Sam Alvey   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   2:10 Round 2 of 3, 7:10 Total Bout Page
Bryan Battle   defeats   Tresean Gore   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Julian Erosa   defeats   Steven Peterson   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
John Castañeda   defeats   Miles Johns   via Submission, Arm Triangle Choke   1:38 Round 3 of 3, 11:38 Total Bout Page
Hakeem Dawodu   defeats   Michael Trizano   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Chidi Njokuani   defeats   Marc-André Barriault   via KO/TKO, Overhand Right to Ground Strikes   0:16 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Alexis Davis   defeats   Julija Stoliarenko   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jailton Almeida   defeats   Danilo Marques   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   2:57 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Phil Rowe   defeats   Jason Witt   via KO/TKO, Punches   2:15 Round 2 of 3, 7:15 Total Bout Page
Malcolm Gordon   defeats   Denys Bondar   via KO/TKO, Verbal Submission (arm Injury)   1:22 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses Page 28

Volatyle
Volatyle
  • Predictions:  495  |  55.8%
  • Forum Posts:  153
  • Post Score: 58

02.03.2022 | 12:57 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 375 Points   |   Tied for 3073rd

Are they fighting it at catch? It's listed at LHW.
3yed
3yed
  • Predictions:  413  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  9
  • Post Score: 156

02.03.2022 | 1:17 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 11 of 13 Winners, 6 Perfect, 755 Points   |   Tied for 23rd with 2 others

Hermansson vs. Strickland
Sean Strickland, DEC
Marvin couldn't KO him but Jared could.

HiDefff
HiDefff

02.03.2022 | 1:34 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 2951st

Is it considered a catch weight if 2 guys are fighting on short notice 20 lbs heavier than their previous fights?
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,009  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32,102
  • Post Score: 88

02.03.2022 | 1:50 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 550 Points   |   Tied for 1406th

It’s at 205

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

ArneK
ArneK
  • Predictions:  3,264  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  133
  • Post Score: 115

02.03.2022 | 2:35 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 5 Perfect, 565 Points   |   Tied for 1169th

Jack Hermansson, SUB, R2
Jokertine!

Soriano vs. Maximov
Nick Maximov, DEC
Maximov grinding it out with the wrestling.

Rakhmonov vs. Harris
Shavkat Rakhmonov, DEC
Real good fight and a hard pick but you are always scared of those russian dudes with furry hats.

Alvey vs. Allen
Brendan Allen, SUB, R2
Lets go team mullet!

Battle vs. Gore
Tresean Gore, TKO, R1
The real tuf finale, didnt watch the season. Was not really impressed by Battle last time if i remember correct so Im going with the other dude.

Erosa vs. Peterson
Julian Erosa, DEC
Peterson is tough but Erosa should be able to take this being technical and using his reach advantage.

Johns vs. Castañeda
Miles Johns, TKO, R3
Johns KO/TKO in the 3rd for a 3rd time in a row?

Dawodu vs. Trizano
Hakeem Dawodu, DEC
Mean Hakeem by being mean and with more power in the stand up.

Barriault vs. Njokuani
Marc-André Barriault, DEC
Barriault via boxing and pressure.

Davis vs. Stoliarenko
Alexis Davis, DEC
Stoliarenko going back to the regional scene.

Marques vs. Almeida
Jailton Almeida, SUB, R1
Almeida looked good on DWCS

Witt vs. Rowe
Jason Witt, DEC
Witt is stronger and can control this to a dec

Gordon vs. Bondar
Malcolm Gordon, DEC
Going with the vet even though he hasnt had the best run.

* Edited at 02.03.2022, 3:03 PM ET *

J T M s i s h
J T M s i s h
  • Predictions:  215  |  68.4%
  • Forum Posts:  17
  • Post Score: 312

02.03.2022 | 6:56 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 10 of 13 Winners, 5 Perfect, 680 Points   |   Tied for 193rd

Sean Strickland, DEC
Sean Strickland - Well ****, I mean it’s kind of the night for favourites. Strickland is an incredibly demoralising opponent to face. He doesn’t give you room to work, his jab is money, his cardio is impressive and he’s hitting you with mostly 60%ers so you’re pretty much dealing with this for however long the bout is sanctioned for or until you give up. Hermansson’s Greco-Roman base might be a factor in the beginning, but I can’t see Strickland getting taken down in every round. Hermansson doesn’t offer much of a threat on the feet and that’s where I reckon the fight is mostly going to take place. Strickland by decision. 🔴 35% (DEC 30% - FIN 5%) 🔵 65% (DEC 52% - FIN 13%)

Soriano vs. Maximov
Punahele Soriano, DEC
Punahele Soriano - This is what you think it might be on paper. Maximov is a pretty good matchup for Soriano to redeem himself. Nick is too keen for a takedown and with Soriano’s foundational background in wrestling he should be able to keep the fight on the feet. Nick - being a Diaz student - obviously has decent cardio and even when he’s taking chances he’s putting position over submission. Nick might be able to win a round but I can’t see him getting the points. It’s a little closer than I’d like but I think this is a reasonably safe shout. Puna by decision. 🔴 65% (DEC 39% - FIN 26%) 🔵 35% (DEC 20% - FIN 15%)

Rakhmonov vs. Harris
Shavkat Rakhmonov, DEC
Shavkat Rakhmonov - This is a really ******* intruiging one. Combat Sambo vs Lucha Libre. Is Lucha Libre the art that can finally topple Combat Sambo!?!? A tried and well tested style of fighting that has birthed unbeatable fighters against a lost art that's barely practised in MMA. There could be spoilers here. Carlston Harris has had a great start to his UFC career, but Shavkat is an undefeated fighter from the mountains. I don't think it's wise to bet against him. But maybe? Sillier things have happened... probably not though, Rakhmonov by SUB or TKO. 🔴 65% (DEC 26% - FIN 39%) 🔵 35% (DEC 14% - FIN 21%)

Alvey vs. Allen
Brendan Allen, SUB, R2
Brendan Allen - Allen is the late replacement and it appears that Alvey still can't get a ******* break. Sam is 2w-7l-1d in his last 10 fights. His last 6 are LLDLLL. This guy is on his way out. Sam tends to have his foot against the cage or on the black line off the centre. Allen is just going to push him back, jab, cross, and kick the **** out of him, engage the clinch and take him down over and over and over again 'til he gives up his back, and then his neck. Sam gets up okay against your average grappler, but I think Allen's Khabib-style sitting on your legs and shoving his shoulder into your face until he can jump on your back and choke you out schtick will be too much. Unless Sam can Hulk-up and put on the performance of his life to keep his job or Allen gasses 'cause he's taken this fight this week; there's no way I'm not going for Allen, almost definitely by SUB. Maybe round 2? 🔴 40% (DEC 18% - FIN 22%) 🔵 60% (DEC 24% - FIN 36%)

Battle vs. Gore
Bryan Battle, SUB, R3
(Also **** it! I'm goin'...) Bryan Battle - The path to victory against Battle for Gore is seemingly a pretty obvious one: apply a ton of pressure, get close, touch him and make him uncomfortable on the feet. Gore has a ton of power in his punches. A problem he has however is that he doesn't throw in volume and Battle can take a shot. Battle has often had to fight back against adversity. He's better on the ground and can be creative even when moving backwards. It's pretty close, likely goes all the way or Battle gets a mid to late fight SUB. 🔴 50% (DEC 30% - FIN 20%) 🔵 50% (DEC 27% - FIN 23%)

Erosa vs. Peterson
Julian Erosa, DEC
Julian Erosa - There are two results I can visualise happening in this fight. 1) Erosa is the better all round technition and therefore puts in the most amount of work, coming forward more and grinding out a decision. OR 2) Peterson takes all opportunities possible to turn this fight a war and gets a mid-fight KO. Both fighters are coming off preetty good performances. What makes this one a little bit of a risky one is that Erosa's style requires him to fight recklessly which I think could work well for Peterson. Something just tells me that Erosa's going to edge it out for the judges. 🔴 55% (DEC 44% - FIN 11%) 🔵 45% (DEC 22% - FIN 23%)

Johns vs. Castañeda
John Castañeda, DEC
(**** it! I'm goin'...) John Castaneda - This one is annoying. Castaneda will most likely be the one moving forward as Miles very rarely comes in and takes the centre. He might start that way, but he never keeps the space. He also throws one at a time. He relies way too much on this power. Miles has a massive advantage in the wrestling department but Miles also has gas tank issues too so maybe this isn't something to worry about..? He absolutely has that power though. You know. T h a t power. If Castaneda can get his combinations off early and put Miles on his toes against the cage he might be able to pull it off. Otherwise this should be Miles by DEC. 🔴 55% (DEC 35% - FIN 20%) 🔵 45% (DEC 32% - FIN 13%)

Dawodu vs. Trizano
Hakeem Dawodu, DEC
Hakeem Dawodu - These two are remarkably similar. They're both more-or-less counter strikers so straight away this will be fought out mostly by leg kicks, calf kicks, teep kicks and Giga Chikadze-esc fake-to-body head kicks in order to tease out a flurry from the opponant to misdirect and fire off a few. Hakeem has tremendous kicks, Trizano has an incredibly affective jab. Hakeem can often leave himself open mid-combination - something to think about. This could be a technical masterclass or a staring contest. Hakeem's experience against great opponants and how he did against them is why I've got him for this bout. Most likely by DEC. 🔴 55% (DEC 39% - FIN 16%) 🔵 45% (DEC 33% - FIN 12%)

Barriault vs. Njokuani
Marc-André Barriault, DEC
Marc-Andre Barriault- Marc is a really tough test for Chidi. Chidi's background is in Muay Thai and Kickboxing. Marc has a style that is just in to just out of the pocket whilst backing you up against the fence, eating your shots if they hit him and chipping away at you with pure aggression and lack of oxygen. If Chidi can get a hold of him and engage the clinch his knees could rack up a bunch of points. The way Marc uses his strangth and toughness to get close but not too close is impressive. This is super close, there's a good argument for either. Chidi is probably the least likely to get a finish in this fight which is why he's up in th numbers. Reckon this goes all the way though. 🔴 50% (DEC 35% - FIN 15%) 🔵 50% (DEC 33% - FIN 17%)

Davis vs. Stoliarenko
Alexis Davis, DEC
Alexis Davis - Outside of some freaky armbar or some god-awful judging at the APEX this should be Davis' ALL DAY. Both fighters love a bit of violence, always get bloody, take totally unnecessary shots to the face 'cause "just bleed" and smile whilst all this is going on. What seperates the two is I don't think Julija will be able to kee with Alexis' zombified relentlessness. Julija also struggles to get the fight to the mat. I'm sure Alexis will engage somewhat on the ground where Julija is her most threatening. Thing is Alexis hasn't been finished since 2016 and hasn't gotten a finish since 2015. Safest bet on the card is Davis by DEC. 🔴 65% (DEC 52% - FIN 13%) 🔵 35% (DEC 14% - FIN 21%)

Marques vs. Almeida
Jailton Almeida, TKO, R2
Jailton Almeida - This shouldn't be too difficult. Almeida has been called up by the UFC on multiple occasions and not for visa issues would likely have cemented his place in the roster a few years ago. He's coming in with a ton of momentum, he's a better all-rounder. Danilo wants the fiht on the mat. Almeida is aguably better there too. Danilo has shown some pretty blatant gas tank issue however this might not be the biggest factor as Almeida has only gone passed the 7 minute mark once in his career. I'm thinking Almeida gets this done inside two rounds by SUB or ground & pound. 🔴 60% (DEC 18% - FIN 42%) 🔵 40% (DEC 18% - FIN 22%)

Witt vs. Rowe
Philip Rowe, TKO, R3
Philip Rowe - There's a few ways that this can go. Rowe hasn't been stopped since his first ever professional fight back in 2014. He's got a 10.5 inch reach advantage. He's handy in the grappling and scrambling department. Thing is he does engage too much in the ground fighting that he seems to just accept takedowns without much resistence. Witt has spoken about wanting to prove he's the better grappler in this bout so it's undoubtedly the case that he'll be shooting constantly. Rowe is far superior on the feet and Witt has basically no chin. I would probably give the advantage to Witt on the ground. Rowe has a history of finishing fights in the later rounds so I'm taking Rowe by TKO in the 3rd. 🔴 45% (DEC 32% - FIN 13%) 🔵 55% (DEC 16% - FIN 39%)

Gordon vs. Bondar
Denys Bondar, SUB, R1
Denys Bondar - This is closer than you might think. Denys has been competing all over the european regional circuit and dominated his last fight. He does have some issues on the feet and Gordon is very explosive, especially at the begining of rounds. Denys has a vicious top game when the fight hits the mat and his ground & pound is mad good! Denys is, however, pretty ******' reckless with his positioning - more so when attempting takedowns and advancing position once on top. The biggest issue he'll have to address is Gordon's submission threat, which hopefully his coaches have addressed. Gordon's issue might be much worse though - his chin is kind of ******. All of his losses have come by finish and he's very aggressive so I can absolutely see him run on to something trying to hunt for Denys head and neck. I'm leaning towards Denys by SUB but it's pretty 50/50 🔴 50% (DEC 30% - FIN 20%) 🔵 50% (DEC 18% - FIN 32%)

"Seeking that perfect prediction for bants and bragging rights (and hopefully a little extra cash)."

Tjl0106
Tjl0106
  • Predictions:  9,639  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  870
  • Post Score: 169

02.03.2022 | 8:55 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 325 Points   |   Tied for 3285th

Gordon vs. Bondar
Denys Bondar, DEC
I have a strong feeling Gordan will come away with this. His ground game can contend with Bondar’s, and will present some problems. Bondar will likely come away with a close edge on the cards.

"I kind of try to focus on the moment, in the present. That’s humility. That’s being humble. That’s not setting no expectation. That’s going out there, enjoying the game, competing at a high level.” - Giannis Antetokounmpo"

Tjl0106
Tjl0106
  • Predictions:  9,639  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  870
  • Post Score: 169

02.03.2022 | 9:08 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 325 Points   |   Tied for 3285th

Marques vs. Almeida
Jailton Almeida, DEC
Better fighter?

Witt vs. Rowe
Philip Rowe, TKO, R2
I like this fight. Witt will get scrappy but Rowe will stay technical and crumble Witt in the second.

"I kind of try to focus on the moment, in the present. That’s humility. That’s being humble. That’s not setting no expectation. That’s going out there, enjoying the game, competing at a high level.” - Giannis Antetokounmpo"

RustyTennakoon
RustyTennakoon
  • Predictions:  1,464  |  67.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,816
  • Post Score: 141

02.04.2022 | 1:08 AM ET

Community Service Announcement

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 555 Points   |   Tied for 1311th

Guys you all need to check this out. Hands down the best MMA predictions and betting podcast on the net.

Santino De Franco and Brandan Oliveras from Fight Ready making the best picks. Support them as true MMA fans.

You are welcome.

* Edited at 02.04.2022, 1:09 AM ET *

CertifiedBankBusta
CertifiedBankBusta
  • Predictions:  380  |  57.6%
  • Forum Posts:  80
  • Post Score: -4

02.04.2022 | 3:28 AM ET

Predictions: 1 of 3 Winners, 0 Perfect, 50 Points   |   Tied for 3671st

Everybody who thinks Striktland is a good striker is delusional af lol
DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,779  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,557
  • Post Score: 262

02.04.2022 | 3:49 AM ET

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 510 Points   |   Tied for 1958th

Tell me you don't know **** about MMA, Without telling me you don't know **** about MMA

"Quack quack quack"

flamingobambi
flamingobambi

02.04.2022 | 6:45 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 5 Perfect, 515 Points   |   Tied for 1930th

Strickland is a phenomenal striker, particularly boxer
Thewelshguy1998
Thewelshguy1998
  • Predictions:  604  |  58.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,054
  • Post Score: 242

02.04.2022 | 7:44 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 2936th

I've put a lot on erosa and bondar parlay, praying I don't get ****** 
RustyTennakoon
RustyTennakoon
  • Predictions:  1,464  |  67.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,816
  • Post Score: 141

02.04.2022 | 8:55 AM ET

@TheWelshGuy1998

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 555 Points   |   Tied for 1311th

You shouldnt. Seems like a solid play
FallenAngel
FallenAngel
  • Predictions:  5,789  |  70.8%
  • Forum Posts:  283
  • Post Score: 128

02.04.2022 | 10:35 AM ET

UFC Fight Night : Hermansson vs. Strickland | Full Card Fight Picks in 3 Minutes (UFC Vegas 47)

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 505 Points   |   Tied for 1970th

"Every second is a gift"

Cschulz100
Cschulz100
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  68
  • Post Score: 140

02.04.2022 | 10:41 AM ET

I like the go big or go home approach. Bet big on Bondar, if he wins, then you got money to bet on the rest of the card. If not, you were probably going to lose down the line anyway. Good luck!

* Edited at 02.04.2022, 10:42 AM ET *

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,489  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,788
  • Post Score: 180

02.04.2022 | 10:56 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 5 Perfect, 605 Points   |   Tied for 737th

What's everyone's most anticipated fight on this card? Mine's Shavkat/Harris

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,009  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32,102
  • Post Score: 88

02.04.2022 | 10:59 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 550 Points   |   Tied for 1406th

Same here

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

Baz
Baz
  • Predictions:  461  |  69.0%
  • Forum Posts:  226
  • Post Score: 191

02.04.2022 | 11:15 AM ET

@mulefloyd

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 555 Points   |   Tied for 1266th

Miles Johns vs. John Castaneda
JReynolds47
JReynolds47
  • Predictions:  12,637  |  72.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,522
  • Post Score: 13

02.04.2022 | 11:18 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 2414th

Julian Erosa vs Steven Peterson. Every Erosa fight is garunteed fireworks 

"Jarno Errens, Damir Hadzovic"

Page 28

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Bogdan Guskov proud to be first Uzbekistan fighter to enter UFC rankings: 'This is my history'
  • Middle Easy : Joe Rogan Sides with Jamahal Hill in UFC 300 KO Controversy: ‘He’s Got a Point Here’
  • MMA Junkie : Victor Henry quotes Kim Kardashian after UFC on ESPN 55 bounce back from groin-shot no contest
  • MMA Mania : ‘PFL Is Not Making A Lot Of Money’
  • MMA Mania : ‘He Literally Is Always In Trouble’
  • MMAFighting.com : Beneil Dariush announced as 2024 Forrest Griffin Community Award recipient
  • UFC.com : Five Caio Borralho Fights To Watch Before UFC 301: Pantoja vs Erceg
  • Middle Easy : Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson Will Be Sanctioned as a Professional Boxing Match
  • MMA Junkie : Tatiana Suarez confident she could impose her will against Zhang Weili: 'My grappling is very, very good'
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘UFC 301 countdown’ video
  • MMA Mania : Sorry, Bobby! ‘Baddy’ Vs. Moicano ‘Would Be Very, Very Funny’
  • UFC.com : Main Event Spotlight | UFC 301: Pantoja vs Erceg
  • MMAFighting.com : Anthony Hernandez out of UFC 302 fight with Roman Dolidze
  • Middle Easy : Francis Ngannou Shares Heartbreaking Message Following the Tragic Death of His 18-Month-Old Son
  • MMA Mania : ‘Nicolau Had Only What He Deserved’
  • MMAFighting.com : Clay Collard vs. Mads Burnell to headline PFL event in Salt Lake City in June
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 medical suspensions: 5 fighters potentially out 180 days
  • MMA Junkie : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 medical suspensions: Mike Perry faces 60 days off after 60-second bout
  • MMA Mania : Hughes Debut Set For Bellator Dublin
  • MMAFighting.com : Jorge Masvidal rips Jake Paul for MMA callout: ‘You can’t even box, now all of a sudden you’re doing f*cking MMA?’