Tapology Forums

The Miscellaneous Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,779  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,557
  • Post Score: 262

12.21.2020 | 8:19 PM ET

This Thread Is a Thread where you can post what ever you want from  **** posting to crazy stuff . Any topic MMA related to what ever you want to talk. Try and not be toxic arsehole. And one rule No Politic allowed because that what made people ****s

Let me Start, I find it insane it like 4 days to Chrismas , Im suprise it so close to the end of the Year,  Fells like Junes.Anyone have anything cool plan for Chrissy, I’m probley just gonna mess around at the gym 

* Edited at 12.21.2020, 8:52 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Responses Page 88

Mikey1903
Mikey1903
  • Predictions:  48,927  |  73.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,119
  • Post Score: 300

09.05.2021 | 12:48 PM ET

Haha, I actually thought about that when I wrote it! 

"Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe ****! "

HiDefff
HiDefff

09.05.2021 | 1:24 PM ET

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,740  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,782
  • Post Score: 273

09.05.2021 | 1:56 PM ET

And that's that 
thanks @Hidefff

And man what a humble response from him

* Edited at 09.05.2021, 1:57 PM ET *

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

HiDefff
HiDefff

09.05.2021 | 2:04 PM ET

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,171  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,158
  • Post Score: 333

09.05.2021 | 2:55 PM ET

@mikey there's been a few deaths from MMA fights, quick Google search will show them. They were all head injuries that I can remember. The 1st one was a big deal, roufus sport had one that caused alot of criticism. Most of the other barely get mentioned on reddit

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,740  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,782
  • Post Score: 273

09.05.2021 | 4:15 PM ET

Also this happened in ONE FC (not in the cage/ring)

"The change took place after the death of 21-year-old Chinese fighter, Yang Jian Bing (who was supposed to face Geje Eustaquio) on 11 December 2015, due to dehydration by weight-cutting in the Philippines."

* Edited at 09.05.2021, 4:15 PM ET *

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

Casual008
Casual008
  • Predictions:  4,558  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,865
  • Post Score: 259

09.06.2021 | 11:53 PM ET

@Mikey1903 
Charlie Ward, an SBG Ireland MMA fighter, used to be called Charlie "The Hospital" Ward till he killed one of his opponents, Joao Carvalho. Sad event and Charlie found it distasteful and saddening to have that nickname so he asked for it to be removed and just go by his full name going forward. 

Adding to the topic I don't like any moves that try to hyperextend the knee without being able to tap or verbally submit. Rupture, tearing, etc of any of your major knee ligaments, ACL, MCL, PCL, LCL, is career altering and usually for the far worse. It's hypocritical because we pay to watch them get injured, but much like eye pokes I find too distasteful. Rather than banning the move however I would like to see UFC first actually enforce their rules; Feels like fighters get two free eye pokes a round and there's little consequence for blinding your opponent. 

* Edited at 09.07.2021, 12:01 AM ET *

"They're sorcerers they don't get knocked out"

stuthehistoryguy
stuthehistoryguy
  • Predictions:  10,397  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  737
  • Post Score: 316

09.07.2021 | 3:42 PM ET

In-ring techniques aside, I'd feel a lot better about the sport without the extreme weight cuts. I know that cutting weight has been a part of most of y'all's lives for your entire time in combat sports, but I'd rather have a contest that depends more on skill and less on whose metabolism more efficiently sheds water weight. Put another way, I'd love to live in a world where folks fought reasonably close to their ideal weight, not the lowest weight they can get to. I don't like to see athletes going into renal failure before a bout, and studies indicate that dehydration increases the risk of brain damage.

* Edited at 09.07.2021, 3:45 PM ET *

"I'm not on your side. I'm not on his side. I'm on the side or being right. - Richard Harrison Sr"

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke
  • Predictions:  29,614  |  80.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,552
  • Post Score: 236

09.07.2021 | 4:07 PM ET

@stu agreed, getting rid of weight cutting is the best thing the sport could do for fighters' health, and we'll get better fights out of it too. 

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

HiDefff
HiDefff

09.07.2021 | 4:09 PM ET

some weight cutting builds character or discipline at least. I remember a friend of mine being at my birthday party in 6th grade and he wasn't allowed to eat cake or ice cream because he had a wrestling tournament that weekend. lol Kids in america these days could use that for sure. fat little *********s. Recent study shows that in the USA since Covid our obesity rate between the ages of 5 to 11 is up to 46.7%........Almost half the kids in our country are now considered obese. Obviously MMA weight cutting is taken to the extremes for physical advantages but i do think learning to do it not so extreme at a young age builds discipline among other things. 
HiDefff
HiDefff

09.07.2021 | 4:11 PM ET

If you did eliminate weight cutting what would the weight classes look like? would there be like a 5-10lb allowance per class or something. Or are you gonna find 20 guys who all walk around at 155 on the nose? i also think guys would take this to their advantage and drop or raise their walk around weight to avoid certain fights. 

* Edited at 09.07.2021, 4:13 PM ET *

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke

09.07.2021 | 4:16 PM ET

@hideff saying this has anything to do with child obesity rates or building character is ridiculous boomer logic. And weight cutting wouldn't need to be eliminated entirely, but an allowance could be made in order to keep it safe. California already has a rule about what % of your total weight can be cut, that rule should just be expanded and universally adopted.

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

HiDefff
HiDefff

09.07.2021 | 4:19 PM ET

wait so you want to eliminate it lol but not entirely? Ok i'm out on that note lmao 

You literally said getting rid of it is the best thing you could do lol then 1 post later say well not entirely lmao Solid argument.... with yourself it seems. 

no arguing with someone who takes both sides of the fence. 

Oh and I'm 31. Clearly you should look up what Boomers are. few generations off 

* Edited at 09.07.2021, 4:22 PM ET *

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke

09.07.2021 | 4:24 PM ET

Putting an allowance effectively eliminates weight cutting, those two things aren't mutually exclusive. Boomer is a mentality, not an age. Your inability to understand nuance is not my problem.

HiDefff
HiDefff

09.07.2021 | 4:30 PM ET

Lmao your the only moron on this site where if someone posts an opinion or statement you dont agree with you feel the need to talk **** calling people Boomer or this or that instead of just having a logical conversation...............that makes you a RUhhhTard 

Tried to have a Convo BUTTTTTTTTTT

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,171  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,158
  • Post Score: 333

09.07.2021 | 4:30 PM ET

@Hideff don't argue with him. He just cry's and cry's every day on tap forums and starts fights. I know 13 year old girls less *****y then him. Tapology should make a award for biggest ***** and make him the 1st winner

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke

09.07.2021 | 4:37 PM ET

I haven't felt this ganged up on since I said Baby Shark sucks at a preschool

TheShagger
TheShagger
  • Predictions:  31  |  74.2%
  • Forum Posts:  80
  • Post Score: 196

09.07.2021 | 5:01 PM ET

Juicy beef nice

"Keep your pimp hand strong"

Tieoken
Tieoken
  • Predictions:  1,977  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,620
  • Post Score: 313

09.07.2021 | 5:10 PM ET

Weight cutting is not diet control. Dieting and losing body fat is not weight cutting. Weight cutting is drinking 3 gallons of water on Monday, drinking no water on Thursday and then hopping in a sauna Friday morning until you’re 15+ pounds lighter than you were on Monday.

Eating chicken and broccoli and skipping cake has nothing to do with “cutting”

"I’m here to snatch necks and cash checks" - Darrick Minner

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke

09.07.2021 | 5:25 PM ET

But passing out builds character!

Page 88

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : Public Events Schedule | UFC 301: Pantoja vs Erceg
  • MMAFighting.com : Alexander Volkanovski believes Max Holloway can make Ilia Topuria fight ‘look easy’
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Jose Aldo gets heated in faceoff with Jonathan Martinez ahead of UFC 301 return
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 'Embedded,' No. 3: Karolina Kowalkiewicz hits the pool, Steve Erceg hits a street party
  • MMA Mania : Aldo, Martinez Separated During Heated Staredown
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 media day faceoffs: Jose Aldo, Jonathan Martinez separated after heated staredown
  • MMA Mania : VIDEO: Sound & Pound — Can Erceg Pull Off The Upset At UFC 301?
  • MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway ethers Ilia Topuria in latest back-and-forth: ‘Enough already … b*tching motherf*cker’
  • MMA Junkie : Ilia Topuria denies Joe Rogan's claim he turned down Alexander Volkanovski rematch for UFC 305
  • UFC.com : The 10: Mapping Out The Must-See UFC Fights In The Month Ahead
  • UFC.com : Vitor Petrino Aims To Continue Rapid Ascent
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Canelo Vs Munguia Press Conference Video!
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Thinks Justin Gaethje Is ‘One Win Away’ From Getting A Title Shot Despite UFC 300 KO Loss
  • MMA Junkie : Alexander Volkanovski confident Max Holloway makes it 'look easy' against UFC champ Ilia Topuria
  • Middle Easy : Manel Kape Says He’s ‘Undefeated In The Streets’, Could Beat Israel Adesanya In A Street Fight
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’m looking to upset the world’: Jose Valenzuela geared up to pull off upset over Isaac ‘Pitbull’ Cruz
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’m looking to upset the world’: Valenzuela geared up to pull off win over Pitbull
  • MMA Mania : Volks Slams Topuria For ‘Saying No To Everyone’
  • MMA Junkie : Ilia Topuria vows to surpass Cristiano Ronaldo as highest-paid athlete in 2025: 'I have no doubt, really'
  • UFC.com : UFC UNFILTERED | Aljamain Sterling, Beneil Dariush, UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez Recap