Tapology Forums

The Miscellaneous Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,544
  • Post Score: 262

12.21.2020 | 8:19 PM ET

This Thread Is a Thread where you can post what ever you want from  **** posting to crazy stuff . Any topic MMA related to what ever you want to talk. Try and not be toxic arsehole. And one rule No Politic allowed because that what made people ****s

Let me Start, I find it insane it like 4 days to Chrismas , Im suprise it so close to the end of the Year,  Fells like Junes.Anyone have anything cool plan for Chrissy, I’m probley just gonna mess around at the gym 

* Edited at 12.21.2020, 8:52 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Page 676

Schwarzkopf
Schwarzkopf
  • Predictions:  1,861  |  55.1%
  • Forum Posts:  706
  • Post Score: 275

12.27.2022 | 10:04 AM ET

His "last" fight. That remains to be seen, he will have forgotten he said that in a few days. I'm long past the pity stage about Bigfoot.

I'll give SmilinSam another chance as he would only like to spar amicably, to make a point, we'll see.

"Time is the enemy. "

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,149  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,142
  • Post Score: 333

12.27.2022 | 10:29 AM ET

Bigfoot Silva's current and future plans include a nursing home for all the CTE he is receiving. Also in no way this will be his retirement fight. Money talks, and he will fight again 

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

CheckLeftHook
CheckLeftHook
  • Predictions:  2,389  |  56.6%
  • Forum Posts:  5,968
  • Post Score: 172

12.27.2022 | 10:43 AM ET

Might be his last MMA fight. I could believe that.

But boxing? Dana's ***** slapping league? There's options out there for him to get more permanent brain damage. 

"🏴 No Quarter Given 🏴"

Schwarzkopf
Schwarzkopf
  • Predictions:  1,861  |  55.1%
  • Forum Posts:  706
  • Post Score: 275

12.27.2022 | 10:50 AM ET

King Of The Streets.

"Time is the enemy. "

Hippie
Hippie

12.27.2022 | 11:14 AM ET

It’s a gorgeous sunny day out with the temperatures a bit nippy holding at 37 degrees atm.

kushycake
kushycake
  • Predictions:  4,571  |  70.8%
  • Forum Posts:  938
  • Post Score: 386

12.27.2022 | 12:46 PM ET

Something new for me

Colby Covington originally committed to Arizona State University but his test scores were not up to par, so he went to Iowa Central Community College, where he won the 2007 165 lb national junior college wrestling title as a true freshman with a 34–0 record.

His college roommate was Jon Jones at the time who won an NJCAA individual title at 197lbs, in turn helping Iowa Central win the overall team championship as well. 

Xconchris
Xconchris

12.27.2022 | 1:21 PM ET

@Kushy, yea, a while back when Covington started his fake WWE full heel personality to stay employed in the ufc, Jones was a regular attack of his. He would go on tirades how Jones did steroids while they were roommates in college

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

12.27.2022 | 1:31 PM ET

@ kushycake 

i could be wrong but isn't it easy to get into Arizona State?

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  15,961  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32,066
  • Post Score: 88

12.27.2022 | 1:35 PM ET

Very easy

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

paulopasta
paulopasta

12.27.2022 | 1:54 PM ET

Surprise surprise lol. Sometimes not having great test scores isn’t indicative of someone’s intelligence but I just don’t think Colby is that smart
ZoomerBet
ZoomerBet
  • Predictions:  2,962  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,135
  • Post Score: 269

12.27.2022 | 2:40 PM ET

hangin' with the BOYYZZZ!

"Excuse me guys, I want to say something. I want to stay humble, but I have to talk because you guys talk too much"

stuthehistoryguy
stuthehistoryguy
  • Predictions:  10,383  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  737
  • Post Score: 316

12.27.2022 | 3:00 PM ET

Easy is relative. I'm required to have an insurance agent's license for my job, which requires a test. For me that's practically a formality - study for a day or two (which is pretty much like playing video games), then motor down to the test center and punch some keys for a half hour. For some folks up here, though, it's straight-up arduous. They have to retest two or three times. These are people who are good at their jobs and knowledgeable in their fields, but tests just aren't what they do. 

"I'm not on your side. I'm not on his side. I'm on the side or being right. - Richard Harrison Sr"

****les
****les
  • Predictions:  280  |  67.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2,228
  • Post Score: 244

12.27.2022 | 3:03 PM ET

@Duck Yan vs Rainbowpubes was a pretty bad score. Not nearly atrocious as the cards for Gordon vs Paddy the ***** though.

It's virtually incomprehensible to me how anyone could have scored that fight for Pimblett. The system is corrupt. Too many instances of fighters with the market momentum/ drawing power getting gifted inexplicable, dubious decisions--to say nothing of the matchmaking via which the deck is stacked to pushed money-maker fighters. It's just not something that would occur in a legitimate competition based on truly neutral, impartial adjudication and competition. I don't know how it happens exactly--or if it's a formal or informal conspiracy, or how it works. But if it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck, it's very probably not a fish.

It was always probably ridiculous to believe that there could ever have been integrity in a gambling-infested bloodsport like MMA.

I'll still watch flagship events, but I simply don't have the appetite for it that I once did.

This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 2 months, 15 hours, and 38 minutes from now.
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  15,961  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32,066
  • Post Score: 88

12.27.2022 | 3:08 PM ET

Haim gozali just confirmed his “fight” with Bigfoot is actually going to be a grappling match. So no CTE for the big man after all

Watch him still get ko’ed lol

* Edited at 12.27.2022, 3:08 PM ET *

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

paulopasta
paulopasta

12.27.2022 | 3:26 PM ET

Poor guy could probably get KOd by getting accidentally headbutted in a transition. My well wishes go out for the big man
Xconchris
Xconchris

12.27.2022 | 3:32 PM ET

if i had to pick between corruption and incompetence, i would go with incompetence. Its just our nature to automatically go with the conspiracy that fights have rigged judges and there are elaborate plots with old white men sitting in a round table smoking cigars.

Reality, most of the time people are just ******* stupid.

The conspiracy is juicy and we want it to explain something thats not rational. Our brains make us.

Occam's razor : The simplest answer is most often correct 

People just suck at thier jobs and are ********.

Xconchris
Xconchris

12.27.2022 | 3:34 PM ET

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

12.27.2022 | 3:42 PM ET

@ ****les 

I said that about Conor years ago.  Many people thought i was crazy.
If I was so crazy, then why did he get a title shot after beating Siver?  No one can really answer that.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

****les
****les
  • Predictions:  280  |  67.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2,228
  • Post Score: 244

12.27.2022 | 4:33 PM ET

@Chris I could believe that if it wasn't the case that decisions going the way of the promotions and gambling agencies weren't so common, but it just isn't like that. It's also the sort of thing that's fairly easy to get away with. Ultimately, the rules-as-written are fertile soil for corruption. The primary criterion is impact and ultimately a panel of judges who are appointed by bureaucracies state-to-state and who subjectively determine what that is without oversight, and a UFC event (especially a large one) brings in quite a lot of revenue for the state in which it is held--tourism dollars are real. Athletic commissions make money by taking a cut of the gate and PPV sales of Boxing and MMA events, and UFC's business model largely based on PPV and gate sales. Merchandise to a lesser extent. Licensing fees.

Obviously, both have a vested interest in all of these things being as profitable as possible. And if what drives high PPV numbers is fan attendance, both virtual and literal, and what drives that is popularity in specific fighters....well, it's not hard to see how the eye might wink at the hand, which is why Nate Diaz was consistently given fights he hadn't earned on merit. I'm reasonably confident there's some kind of relationship between UFC and commissions, and the judges are involved in it. This doesn't necessarily have to mean brown paper bags under the table. It's more likely to me that commission employees and judges are kind of 'made to understand', if that makes sense. More of an informal conspiracy. Not necessarily outright bribery. It's probably the case that if they don't judge in a form that is beneficial to promotions and the commissions, they kind of just don't get the big gigs. This process would be accumulative and would get to a point where they sort of 'selectively breed' judges that produce outcomes conducive to business interests.

Everything is a conspiracy theory until it isn't. Have you been following the twitter files? I'd probably write a large rant about how I was right about intelligence agencies and the left side of the spectrum paying/colluding with Twitter to act as a defacto propaganda wing and suppression tool just to ***** slap Greg with the fact I was right all along if I actually thought he had the humility to concede he was wrong.

* Edited at 12.27.2022, 5:08 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 2 months, 15 hours, and 38 minutes from now.
DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,544
  • Post Score: 262

12.27.2022 | 4:45 PM ET

Yan vs O’Malley wasn’t a robbery, more a bad/controversial decsion becuase Yan should of won, But they’re an solid arguments O’Malley did more damage in the 1st and 3rd round, even if I disagree 

Paddy vs Gordan was a robbery, just wasn’t mad because Gordan try and stall out the 3rd round when it could of been 1-1 , That round was boring so I don’t care, I was mad the judges have Paddy round 1 because he lost that one and it wasn’t boring 

"Quack quack quack"

Page 676

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 ceremonial weigh-in faceoff highlights video, photo gallery
  • Jits Magazine : Free Fight Friday: Declan Moody vs Anton Minenko
  • MMA Mania : Face Off! Nicolau Stares Down Perez At APEX!
  • UFC.com : UFC 5 Brings Gamers Closer To The Action Than Ever
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Vegas 91 weigh-in results: 2 fighters miss weight
  • MMA Junkie : NAC withholds earnings from two UFC 300 winners; hearings scheduled
  • Middle Easy : Kayla Harrison Turned Down a Clash with Ketlen Vieira at UFC 303: ‘Stop Running and Sign the Contract’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 weigh-in results: Two fighters heavy – including 2.5-pound miss
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 weigh-in results and live video stream
  • Middle Easy : Ali Abdelaziz Reveals ‘Crazy’ Story Behind Getting Justin Gaethje an Extra 150k for Fighting Tony Ferguson
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 video: Matheus Nicolau, Alex Perez make weight in Las Vegas
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch UFC Vegas 91 weigh-in video live now
  • MMA Junkie : Ketlen Vieira claims she was offered Kayla Harrison for UFC 303: 'She has to stop running'
  • UFC.com : Karine Silva Is All-Business, All-Action
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau vs. Alex Perez prediction, pick: Which flyweight stays in contention at UFC on ESPN 55?
  • UFC.com : Jonathan Pearce: Knocking On The Door
  • MMA Mania : Coach Benched Dariush To ‘Focus On His Health’
  • UFC.com : Marnic Mann Gets Down To Business
  • Middle Easy : Anthony Smith ‘Shocked’ By How Good Sean Strickland Truly Is: ‘He Only Shows a Small Part of His Game’
  • MMA Junkie : Photos: BKFC: Knucklemania 4 pre-fight press conference