Tapology Forums

The Miscellaneous Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,542
  • Post Score: 262

12.21.2020 | 8:19 PM ET

This Thread Is a Thread where you can post what ever you want from  **** posting to crazy stuff . Any topic MMA related to what ever you want to talk. Try and not be toxic arsehole. And one rule No Politic allowed because that what made people ****s

Let me Start, I find it insane it like 4 days to Chrismas , Im suprise it so close to the end of the Year,  Fells like Junes.Anyone have anything cool plan for Chrissy, I’m probley just gonna mess around at the gym 

* Edited at 12.21.2020, 8:52 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Page 677

Jessup
Jessup
  • Predictions:  65  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  150
  • Post Score: 309

12.27.2022 | 6:19 PM ET

Venting

After Stephan Bonnar’s death and several accounts of these older fighters getting the **** end of life in the aftermath, I can’t help but feel like I turned my back on him. I once got in contact with Mike Perry way back just before his last UFC fight to tell him he’s not alone in how he feels, and I recently tried contacting Uriah Hall, as he’s been going through a suicidal depression since his retirement, gave him a Merry Christmas. Nobody has to help these people, you’re not an any worse person for minding your own affairs, and what I contribute is nothing but kind words, but kindness is what these people need more than anything. It bothers me a lot. 

I just wanted to bring this up because I’m not the only fan who feels this way, and I can tell you from experience they’re not gonna resent you for caring. It’s a new year, let’s give a little. 

* Edited at 12.27.2022, 6:20 PM ET *

Hippie
Hippie

12.27.2022 | 6:55 PM ET

^

I’m with ya @Jessup, good vent..

Schwarzkopf
Schwarzkopf
  • Predictions:  1,861  |  55.1%
  • Forum Posts:  706
  • Post Score: 275

12.27.2022 | 7:16 PM ET

Jessup  Beautiful, admirable and very empathetic how you pretend to be in life. Me on the other hand, just want to see two possible victims beat each other to a pulp. These men know damn well why they get paid 'well'.

I put well in quotes because that might also be open to discussion, but I don't know enough about the subject matter for that.

No, without joking, I think it's entertainment value, although I'm not the first and the only one who thinks that way, and I don't want to trivialize my line of thought.

"Time is the enemy. "

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,149  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,141
  • Post Score: 333

12.27.2022 | 8:02 PM ET

Glad your back ****les #250. Now let me explain how your wrong.

Now this conspiracy that the UFC has judges that make these controversial decisions to help profitable fighters. What do you make of all the decisions that completely went against the UFC plans.

The UFC has been in a long and well known contract dispute with Francis NGannou. Gane was the guy the UFC had planned to beat Francis and be the next star. Would have been very easy for a bad decision for Gane. Then Francis would have no legs to stand on for a contract negotiations. We are now 1 year in this **** sandwich of heavyweight title fights

Did the UFC plan on Figgy beating thier young Mexican Star Brandon Moreno by controversial decision. Moreno was the much more profitable fighter and a huge star for the Latino market.

UFC wanted Johnny Hendricks to beat GSP

If you want to go back further, when Keith Jardine got a decision over ChucK Liddell screwing up that Wanderlei Silva fight.

Some were very old examples off the top of my head.

Point being, the UFC got absolutely ******* screwed in a lot of decisions that went against their future planning and best interests.

If there was this shadow dealing and corruption, then obviously someone is not holding their part of the bargain.

This is not corruption, this is not a conspiracy, these judges are human being making errors and poor decisions because they are bureaucrats

Your argument is invalid because the UFC gets ****** regularly by judges decision's 

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

Hippie
Hippie

12.27.2022 | 9:00 PM ET

SEAN PENN = ****

https://www.*****ute.com/video/iwMCQvm7Vd8e/
Tons of “actors” died.. sick.. good times for all.. 👍🏽
https://www.*****ute.com/video/iwMCQvm7Vd8e/

* Edited at 12.27.2022, 9:01 PM ET *

****les
****les
  • Predictions:  280  |  67.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2,228
  • Post Score: 244

12.27.2022 | 9:08 PM ET

@Chris I don't think it's that simple. I don't think they can do it overtly all the time, and I especially don't think they can do it when there's been a prior media furore relating to a fighter over a contract dispute or something, it would be bad PR among other things. We also don't know how much of that story was blown out of proportion, and I still believe that Francis is a bigger draw than Gane ever can be, and that UFC know this.  He has the look, the brutal one-hitter-quitter KO's, the sob-story rags to riches background story.

Fighters aren't really that different to stocks in a sense. They don't have to have intrinsic value to make money. They are also subject to time-decay (#Thetagang) but that's a different discussion. I'm pretty sure the suits have the hype-arc-profit-cycle down to a science at this point.

Corporations don't make business decisions out of trivial enmity. At the end of all things, they exist to make money, and the best strategy for making that happen is always the right answer regardless of anything else. Maybe there was a time when this was not the case for the UFC, but it's a subsidiary now and Dana doesn't get to be Caligula like the old days.

As I said, I think it's more a kind of 'play ball' based culture as opposed to outright Bribery. There are all kinds of factors and externalities to be mitigated to ensure strong ensuing margins, and I find it improbable that all parties involved wouldn't be doing some nudging and deck-stacking. Not everything is explainable by incompetence, but incompetence sure is one hell of an Alibi. I'm not saying they're fixing every bout. I'm saying they do it to stack probabilities in their favour whenever big money is on the line.It's just an extension of what they do promotionally.

Case-in-point: Alex had no business fighting Izzy at all. If he'd been given Izzy's run, he wouldn't have sniffed the belt. Good luck getting through Vettori and Whittaker with that TDD and level of wrestling. Regardless of anything else, we have a situation whereby the more the UFC makes, the more the commissions and states make. At the very least, it's a conflict of interest.It's not really any different from the way the FDA's money mostly comes from big pharma. It's not a good situation when the regulators are funded by the interests they are regulating. There's a reason we don't let the state run the courts. Separation of powers should probably be applied in that context, too.

Not really back. Now that I'm not wasting time on Tapology I'm devoting that time to other activities. Since I've been mostly absent, I have learned how to weld. Found an old retired guy who does mobile classes, used to be a pro. He's not cheap but he's a baller and doesn't berate me which is nice.  I'm already a fair hand at MIG and range from occasionally passable to generally appalling at TIG. Have fabricated some stuff for a few people, including a sort of manifold or frame for a swivelling television mount currently in use by my neighbour. Anyway, because I am ********, especially in summer, I decided to wear thongs (flip flops) in the workshed and sliced the side of my foot open on some angle.  Sitting here with eight stitches. Not a lot to do for at least another week or so. It's in a bad spot and the walking action could pull the stitches. Doctor tried the glue first, didn't work, so here we are.

Still probably won't watch any MMA until Volk vs Islam, whenever that is.

This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 2 months, 2 days, 11 hours, and 23 minutes from now.
Xconchris
Xconchris

12.27.2022 | 9:16 PM ET

Let me summarize that paragraph for everyone 

"Durrrrrhh I have no evidence or proof, judges corrupt"

****les
****les

12.27.2022 | 9:20 PM ET

That was six paragraphs so...y'know.

You believe we're being visited by little green men, Chris.

Stones in glass houses and all that :)
This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 2 months, 2 days, 11 hours, and 23 minutes from now.
Hippie
Hippie

12.27.2022 | 9:21 PM ET

****les.. ******* dump a **** of knowledge..

Xconchris
Xconchris

12.27.2022 | 9:23 PM ET

I think they are grey not green 😂

****les
****les

12.27.2022 | 9:24 PM ET

Glad to see you're back, Hippie.

How was Christmas?
Hippie
Hippie

12.27.2022 | 9:26 PM ET

^

Chris, u got nothing mate.. ?
Hippie
Hippie

12.27.2022 | 9:28 PM ET

It’s ok but let’s pretend it was good!
Let’s exchange numbers…
****les
****les

12.27.2022 | 9:29 PM ET

lol Hippie why are you so interested in calling me? I'd consider making a discord server for a brief conversation.
Xconchris
Xconchris

12.27.2022 | 9:38 PM ET

Hippie, I already showed him he was wrong, don't need to argue for pages on Tapology going in circles. At least I achieved the goal of him not saying "i am quitting Tapology" over and over. Now it's just "I am visiting"

I can give him the last word because if not you will have 15 pages and 30 different subjects, followed by something somehow involving Trump and him making hilariously wrong future predictions of how he actually is still president and never lost the election 

Hippie
Hippie

12.27.2022 | 9:39 PM ET

Dunno , I guess just to hear a voice 😎 
Hippie
Hippie

12.27.2022 | 9:41 PM ET

^

****, dunno, good take control please..
🤔 think later..
****les
****les

12.27.2022 | 9:48 PM ET

@Chris it's always bemusing to me that you pine for me when I'm not on Tap, complain about how boring it is, and when I'm back on you complain about it and talk about how terrible it all is. For Chrissakes, make up your mind. You are like a woman; half-bitter, half-besotted.

* Edited at 12.27.2022, 9:49 PM ET *

Xconchris
Xconchris

12.27.2022 | 9:58 PM ET

All of that can be summed up by me just being a ****. Like to poke the bear and have fun. If it's a controversial or just really funny, I will mention it. I really do enjoy you being here, I just call you out on your ********. Somebody needs to. And you rightfully deserve it.

You think your better than most people. You think your better, smarter and people are beneath you. I call that out. Doesn't mean I don't enjoy talking to you.

It's a shame, your very intelligent and articulate with the gift of writing. But all of that gets ruining by your personal bias on certain subjects. Like that 90s commerical of the egg frying on the pan trying to stop people from doing drugs.

I see you and think it's such a waste of intelligence and it really makes me sad to be honest. 

Xconchris
Xconchris

12.27.2022 | 10:05 PM ET

Also I never said it was terrible you were back? I actually asked you to stay before. But when you quit the Tapology about a dozen times, you sound ridiculous and I am gonna mention it 

Page 677

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo confirms UFC 301 final fight on contract, hints at boxing match at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Run it back, give fans a fair fight’: Devin Haney on Ryan Garcia loss
  • UFC.com : Alexandre Pantoja | TUF Beginnings
  • MMA Junkie : Former UFC champion Cain Velasquez gets trial date in attempted murder case
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Love Dana White. There’s No Issues’
  • MMAFighting.com : TKO CEO Ari Emanuel earned nearly $65 million in compensation in 2023, including $20 million bonus from UFC
  • Middle Easy : Marlon Vera Calls Out Ex-UFC Champion for Bantamweight Title Eliminator at MSG in November
  • MMA Junkie : Alex Perez not surprised Steve Erceg got UFC title shot, despite Muhammad Mokaev's 'tougher resume'
  • Jits Magazine : PGF World Season 6: Best Of Day 2
  • MMA Junkie : Video: 'UFC on ESPN 55: Nicolau vs. Perez' media day interviews
  • UFC.com : Best UFC Fights To Happen In Rio de Janeiro | UFC Fight Pass
  • MMA Junkie : UFC champion Islam Makhachev not excited by potential Max Holloway matchup – not yet, at least
  • MMA Mania : Full PFL Uncasville Fight Card Revealed!
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303: McGregor vs. Chandler official with 7 fights booked so far
  • MMA Mania : Bull-Riding Cerrone ‘Rushed Into Surgery’
  • MMA Junkie : Ex-Bellator title challenger Alejandra Lara gets replacement opponent for Combate Global debut
  • MMAFighting.com : Caio Borralho questions why Paulo Costa can’t fix ‘basic’ mistake that led Robert Whittaker loss
  • MMA Mania : How, When To Buy Tickets For UFC 303
  • MMA Junkie : UFC champ Dricus Du Plessis on board with Jiri Prochazka moving to middleweight
  • Middle Easy : Anthony Smith is Blinded by His Own UFC Title Aspirations: ‘It’s Making Me a Worse Fighter’