Tapology Forums

The Miscellaneous Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,555
  • Post Score: 262

12.21.2020 | 8:19 PM ET

This Thread Is a Thread where you can post what ever you want from  **** posting to crazy stuff . Any topic MMA related to what ever you want to talk. Try and not be toxic arsehole. And one rule No Politic allowed because that what made people ****s

Let me Start, I find it insane it like 4 days to Chrismas , Im suprise it so close to the end of the Year,  Fells like Junes.Anyone have anything cool plan for Chrissy, I’m probley just gonna mess around at the gym 

* Edited at 12.21.2020, 8:52 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Page 221

JPosadas
JPosadas
  • Predictions:  1,762  |  65.3%
  • Forum Posts:  271
  • Post Score: 400

01.25.2022 | 2:33 AM ET

What are you even talking about? No, no one is holding a gun to someone's head to sign a contract, but if you want to be an MMA fighter, you have no other options to get anything better. The only way to get even a decent amount of money is to work your way up through the UFC, or Bellator or whatever bum**** regional promotion, and to do that you have to agree to a ****** contract.

You aren't "forced to sign a contract" in a way Amazon workers aren't "forced to sign a contract", but they're treated like **** either way, and it doesn't mean we should be advocate for them to be treated better.

Either way, no matter what the current contracts are like, it doesn't mean they should be the way that they are. The UFC can well afford to pay the fighters better, they would not exist without them and they should be their primary expense.

"I want to **** Chuck" - Wanderlei Silva

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

01.25.2022 | 2:35 AM ET

You don't know anything about what the UFC can or can't afford to pay. You're not privy to their financials. You're like Duck who thinks equity valuations are the same thing as earnings reports.

None of you people know ******* anything about anything. You don't even know what you don't know.

The ****'s embarrassing. 

It's like  talking to petulant children. 

* Edited at 01.25.2022, 2:36 AM ET *

JPosadas
JPosadas

01.25.2022 | 2:36 AM ET

Why would anyone be motivated to fight well on a 10/10 contract? Oh how terrible that I don't think someone should be in poverty while I watch them fight for my entertainment.

There are plenty of fighters who were already financially comfortable who became world class anyway just because they love the sport

JPosadas
JPosadas

01.25.2022 | 2:37 AM ET

Hasn't the UFC been boasting about record setting profits anyway?

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

01.25.2022 | 2:39 AM ET

I'm not saying they would be. I'm saying that it is better that they aren't paid the big money up front for the same reason it's better not to pay a contractor to build your fence or paint your house up front.

Is that really your argument? That fighters should get paid more because they chose to fight not caring about the money/knowing they wouldn't get paid astronomically to do so anyway?
Cheeseball
Cheeseball
  • Predictions:  13,293  |  71.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,946
  • Post Score: 247

01.25.2022 | 2:41 AM ET

I fully agree with @JPosadas. Its sad to see somebody like Valdez get knocked down 4+ times and then hear he's only getting 9k.

"🌽⚽️"

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

01.25.2022 | 2:43 AM ET

They're tradeable, Einstein. What the **** do you expect them to say? Have you ever bought shares in a company? Do you have any idea what processes potential stockholders go through to determine if any given stock is a buy or not?

Once something goes public, that's it. Everything that happens is about ****-flashing potential buy-ins and getting returns-on-stake for shareholders. Everything.
Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

01.25.2022 | 2:46 AM ET

And **** it, I'll come out and say it:

If I had shares in WME ( which I don't because it's a ******* nag) I wouldn't give a **** if every single fighter on the roster was paid in meals of skilly and a barn to sleep in as long as I saw a return on my investment. Not a single solitary ****.

And if that isn't you, stay out of the market. Because if you don't you'll get hurt.

* Edited at 01.25.2022, 2:46 AM ET *

JPosadas
JPosadas

01.25.2022 | 2:46 AM ET

My argument is that people should be paid an amount of money that doesn't leave them in poverty after, but go off I guess.

It's not as if fighters are getting all their money up front anyway, I'm perfectly fine with them getting a certain amount of money to show up, then more if they win or put on a good performance. But if you can fight a maximum of 5 times a year, and you're only getting $10,000 to $20,000 each time (and that's before taxes, and expenses associated with fighting like training) that is just immoral.

JPosadas
JPosadas

01.25.2022 | 2:47 AM ET

Why would I trade on the stock market? I'm not a monster.

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

01.25.2022 | 2:48 AM ET

Business is immoral. Every single business in existence is immoral as long as they are buying somebody's labour and selling it for the more than the cost of production.

And that is literally every business in existence. Find one that breaks this model.
JPosadas
JPosadas

01.25.2022 | 2:49 AM ET

It's almost as if I agree with you on that lol.

Doesn't mean that's right, or that I shouldn't argue for this specific business to be a bit better.

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

01.25.2022 | 2:52 AM ET

This is what I mean. You don't know anything about anything.

There's all kinds of ways to invest morally on the stockmarket. Just because I don't do it doesn't mean it can't be done. Buy clean energy ETF's if you like. Make the world a better place in which to live whilst making a return on your investment at about 7% PA which is the typical superannuation of a 10-K, or some other ****wad socially conscious Index.

Whatever you like.
JPosadas
JPosadas

01.25.2022 | 3:00 AM ET

I was being hyperbolic. Obviously some investments are better than others, but that was specifically in reference to WME, who I wouldn't trade in because I hate them as a company.

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

01.25.2022 | 3:19 AM ET

Oh, I see. Morality, is it?

You have a super fund? Because you can bet your ass whoever manages it has your money yo-yoing in the SPY and the DAQ--which incidentally is an index which lists Amazon, so if your pension has bounced this year send a thank you card to papa Elon and Bezos for pushing you towards earlier retirement.

That's if you're lucky and it isn't hedged in some black magic CMBS ******y that not even I fully understand and you'd need to be a polymath to even have a chance of fully comprehending, maybe nobody even really does.

The world is not as simple as rich evil people ******* over the working class.
JPosadas
JPosadas

01.25.2022 | 3:28 AM ET

I don't have a superfund no.

And I thought you said one could invest morally in the stock market? Are you saying you can't now or what?

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

01.25.2022 | 3:44 AM ET

You don't have a super or pension fund?

Do you have a trust fund?
JPosadas
JPosadas

01.25.2022 | 3:53 AM ET

No

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

01.25.2022 | 3:54 AM ET

So you have...what? A savings account?
JPosadas
JPosadas

01.25.2022 | 3:55 AM ET

I get a student loan. Whats the point of this exactly?

Page 221

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC Fight Night Tapology coverage is now live
  • Jhonata Diniz vs. Austen Lane - A post-fight interview is in progress.
  • Join the UFC Fight Night live discussion
  • Tapology Picks: Austen Lane 9% Jhonata Diniz 91%
  • Austen Lane (12-5-0, 1 NC) FL, US is the #132nd Top Heavyweight MMA fighter.
  • Jhonata Diniz (7-0-0) PR, BR is the #12th Pro Mens Heavyweight in Brazil.
  • UFC Fight Night features 13 MMA bouts
  • The event takes place from UFC Apex in Las Vegas, Nevada