Topic: Bellator London

Bellator London

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,019
  • Post Score: 47

09.25.2019 | 10:18 AM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
Bellator London
  • Saturday 11.23.2019 at 11:30 AM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Internet Stream
  • Promotion: Bellator MMA
  • Ownership: Bellator Sport Worldwide, LLC
  • Venue: SSE Arena
  • Enclosure: Cage
  • MMA Bouts: 18
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Michael Page   defeats   Gianni Melillo   via KO/TKO, Counter Right   1:47 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Fabian Edwards   defeats   Mike Shipman   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Soren Bak   defeats   Terry Brazier   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Denise Kielholtz   defeats   Sabriye Sengül   via Submission, Americana   0:32 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Tim Wilde   defeats   Charlie Leary   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Pietro Penini   defeats   Charlie Ward   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Robert Whiteford   defeats   Sam Sicilia   via KO/TKO, Uppercut   4:54 Round 3 of 3, 14:54 Total Bout Page
Lewis Long   defeats   Walter Gahadza   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   1:44 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Chris Bungard   defeats   Benjamin Brander   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   1:26 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Kent Kauppinen   defeats   Andy Manzolo   via Submission, Forearm Choke   3:53 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Alfie Davis   defeats   Alessandro Botti   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Kevin Fryer   defeats   Tuco Tokkos   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Aiden Lee   defeats   Damian Frankiewicz   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   1:24 Round 3 of 3, 11:24 Total Bout Page
Jeremy Petley   defeats   Tom Mearns   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Harry Hardwick   defeats   Nathan Rose   via Decision, Majority   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Akonne Wanliss   defeats   Tim Barnett   via Submission, D'arce Choke   0:56 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Raphael Uchegbu   defeats   Shane Campbell   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   2:33 Round 3 of 3, 12:33 Total Bout Page
Charlotte McIntyre   defeats   Josie Blaber   via KO/TKO, Punches   2:00 Round 2 of 3, 7:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 2

Mikey1903
Mikey1903
  • Predictions:  48,842  |  73.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,117
  • Post Score: 300

11.23.2019 | 9:05 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 12 of 18 Winners, 2 Perfect, 735 Points   |   Tied for 192nd

Edwards vs. Shipman
Fabian Edwards, DEC
Edwards is the best prospect not only in the UK, but 1 of the top in all of MMA. I said it last night during Cage Warriors, that Team Renegade have emerged as the top gym in the UK. Fabian & Leon Edwards, now 2 Cage Warriors champs in Jai Herbert and Nathias Frederick, even Cage Warriors 170 champ and Scotlands no.1 prospect Ross Houston trains there regularly and Tom Breese, who I think is full time coach now. So a great team, great training and sparring. It shows as the whole group are improving. Theres some young guys on this card prelims who might make statements too. Shipman is solid, he is also at a top gym, London Shootfighters, he has good submissions and is a powerful guy. I just feel Edwards is on his way to big things an Shipman aint the guy to stop him. It may be competitive but in the end Edwards wins

Brazier vs. Bak
Soren Bak, SUB, R2
Former Cage Warriors 145 and 155 champ. Kinda surprised Bak isn't in the UFC, given they were just in Denmark and the usual progression from Cage Warriors champ to the UFC. Bak has excellent grappling, he is relentess with takedowns and does damage with great GNP and he has a good arm triangle. |That arm triangle is how I expect him to finish Brazier, who is tough himself. Actually, I wouldn't be massively surprised if Brazier played spoiler here as he has beaten prospects in the past, Rhys McKee being a stand out. the loss to Bungard points to a weakness in sub defence which Bak should take advantage of

Leary vs. Wilde
Charlie Leary, DEC
Yet another fight that is much closer than the pick percentage is suggesting! I get it, Leary doesn't have a great record but if you dig into it a little you'll see that most of Leary losses are at the start of career where he just struggled with grapplers. Since around 2015 he has an 8-2 record, much better, and even more so as it came against better competition, only losing to Azatair who just scored a KO of the year in the UFC and ex UFC guy Paul Redmond. Leary is an example of a guy who is much better than his record suggests and a guy who puts it together late in his career. Wilde has a similar record and I think this fight will show 2 evenly matched guys. Both prefer to strike but Leary may have a slight advantage with his improvements in grappling and I see him using a similar gameplan to last time out. Of course Wilde has some decent power, good kicks and could just as easily catch and KO Leary. But I gotta take the underdog again!!!

Lee vs. Frankiewicz
Aiden Lee, SUB, R1
1 of the Team Renegade guys I mentioned. I think this is a good example of a padded record being favoured over worse record on paper with losses against good opposition. I still think Lee can do good things in the sport and he gets the win here

Gahadza vs. Long
Lewis Long, SUB, R2
Gahadza is like a UK fighter from 5 years ago. Dangerous striking with 0 wrestling or submission defence!!! Any time he is taken down he gets subbed, he is dangerous, powerful and could catch Long early. But Long should know all this get the takedown and lock up the sub, RNC I'll say

Uchegbu vs. Campbell
Raphael Uchegbu, SUB, R1
Uchegbu is being spoken about as 1 to watch, fighting out of Team Kaboun alongside Darren Till in Liverpool. A BJJ wizard

Rose vs. Hardwick
Harry Hardwick, SUB, R2
Rose is very similar to Gahadza. Great technical, powerful, accurate striking but no takedown defence or ability to get back to his feet! Unless he has made massive strides since his last fight, only 4 months ago so how much could he of? Hardwick has the 2 losses but they are against high competition, relative to Rose who has KO'd a load of 0-5 guys! In what is looking to be a theme with my picks the grappler, Hardwick, avoids the strikers, Rose, early power strikes, gets the takedown and the sub

Tokkos vs. Fryer
George Tokkos, TKO, R1
Tokkos is a decent prospect. Moved over to Florida to spend time at Hard Knocks, that shows dedication. i like that. 1 to keep an eye on

Petley vs. Mearns
Tom Mearns, SUB, R2
Another fight where I don't see what people are seeing in the Tapology favourite??? Mearns may be a little lower on Tapologys UK Rankings but that doesn't tell the story, plus the rankings system is not always accurate. Both kinda grindy wrestler type guys but Mearns has the better wrestling, for an Englishman anyway!!! Plus he has the BJJ advantage, Petley has been subbed many times! Yeah, why is 60% picking him???

Ward vs. Penini
Pietro Penini, TKO, R2
Charlie Ward is the new Artem Lobov, only with terrible tattoos and a much less likeable personality!!! I do not rate Italian guys, pretty boys with no chins, more interested in nice tattoos than improving their grappling or cardio! But Charlie Ward isn't great! He has been beating up cans who Bellator are more than happy to keep feeding him, I had a quick look at the records of the 4 guys Ward has KO'd and though the past 3 had winning records not 1 of them has a win over a guy with a winning record! So Ward his fighting a guy with not only a winning record but wins over guys with winning records!!! So I am going with the Italian. I can only hope for another hilarious KO for Ward ala getting thrown on his head and insta slept vs Galore Bofando, the last guy who had a half decent record he fought back in the UFC!!!

Davis vs. Botti
Alfie Davis, TKO, R1
I will always remember Alfie Davis as the poor guy who got toe poked right up the bum hole!!!! Davis is a decent striker, had a viral highlight reel head kick KO a couple years back, a lot of decisions lately but he is fighting an Italian so this is as good an oppurtunity as ever to get a finish!

Whiteford vs. Sicilia
Sam Sicilia, DEC
Right, just take all my Scottish pride and throw it out the window!!!!! 2 Scotsmen on the card and I am picking them both to lose!!!! I just do not trust guys coming back after being retired, how many times does it work out? Not many is the answer, usually when a guy retires he should stay retired and the comeback normally back that statement up. Now Whiteford was on a win streak, though the split over Mousah was questionable. I do like Whiteford, he seems like a good guy and he is possibly the best Scotsman to fight in the UFC, him or Steve "******" Ray, man please get Ross Houston signed ASAP!!! Both these are pretty similar fighters in that they are workmanlike, hard nosed kinda fighters, Whiteford more grappling based to Sicilias boxing. Thats where I think this fight is won, Whiteford doesn't have the grappling to really trouble Sicilia where I see Sicilia landing boxing combos on Whiteford who may have his timing off a little after the lay off. I'm not very happy about it but I'm picking Sicilia

Wanliss vs. Barnett
Akonne Wanliss, TKO, R2
Wanliss is another of these young prospects outta Team Renegade. Real good striker but he has some ground game too. Also build up a decent ammy record, fighting in several IMMAF tournaments which I think is a great way for young fighters to develop. Barnett is a fun ighter, has been in some entertaining scraps in Cage Warriors, I feel his willingness to get into a brawl will be his downfall here, Wanliss will land clean at some point, probably early as Barnett is there to be hit

Bungard vs. Brander
Benjamin Brander, SUB, R2
I am not impressed with Bungard much really. A training partner of Paul Craig and it shows!! I feel like that win over Brazier gave a false impression of his skill level. There he got a flash knockdown and jumped on a submission inside a couple of minutes, I feel he caught Brazier cold there and if that fight played out it woulda went very similar to the Leary fight, where a Muay Thai guy landed takedowns at will and controlled him on the ground for the duration. Not exactly inspiring confidence and confusing as to why so many on here seem to have confidence in him? Sometimes these pick percentages make no sense to me? Especially European & Asian MMA, I guess its understandable as who watches anything but the UFC and the odd Bellator. I forget that I am in the minority spending all my spare time watching every ONE, LFA, UFC, KSW, ACA, Bellator and every major and UK boxing card! Anyway back to this fight. I don't know a lot about Brander but looking at his record, it seems to be very comparable to Bungards, if anything I'd say he has fought better competition, even beating some of them, Savvidis & Baneschi are better wins than anything on Bungars record, bar the kinda lucky club n sub of Brazier. Yeah this fight should be much closer than what these percentages are saying. I'm gonna take the underdog for the fun of it!!!

"Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe ****! "

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

11.23.2019 | 10:10 AM ET

Predictions: 12 of 18 Winners, 3 Perfect, 675 Points   |   278th Place

Ahahaha it's literally impossible for English accents to sound tough
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

11.23.2019 | 10:12 AM ET

Scott Coker drops the ball again. Shoulda let them fight at the weigh ins
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

11.23.2019 | 10:21 AM ET

Is this another time delay **** show?
Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,562
  • Post Score: 275

11.23.2019 | 10:32 AM ET

@free we don't even know anymore. we just hope for the best as far as being able to watch the fights live.

"I live, I die, I live again."

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

11.23.2019 | 10:34 AM ET

Fingers crossed
TWJake
TWJake
  • Predictions:  6,091  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2,492
  • Post Score: 338

11.23.2019 | 10:35 AM ET

Predictions: 10 of 18 Winners, 0 Perfect, 545 Points   |   407th Place

Soooo can I only watch this on the mobile app? I would love to watch it on my computer...

"I know many a troops that I visit when I went to Iraq in 2005... 2-uh excuse me in 19-or.. 05' 06' 07' 08' 09' 2010 2011. I went from the Korwaiten border! All the way up to the Turkish border!" -Tito Ortiz

razer057
razer057
  • Predictions:  19,027  |  81.6%
  • Forum Posts:  15
  • Post Score: 167

11.23.2019 | 10:56 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 8 Winners, 3 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 451st

I checked several sites I use to stream MMA events and they all list the start time as 17:00 or 5pm eastern standard time.

"Become like water my friend."

Sognonero
Sognonero
  • Predictions:  2,532  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  395
  • Post Score: 202

11.23.2019 | 11:28 AM ET

Predictions: 0 of 0 Winners, 0 Perfect, 0 Points   |   Tied for 640th

the prelims stream appears to begin in 20 minutes, and it's available for free on youtube in my country
razer057
razer057
  • Predictions:  19,027  |  81.6%
  • Forum Posts:  15
  • Post Score: 167

11.23.2019 | 11:45 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 8 Winners, 3 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 451st

@Sognonero, thanks for the post.

Watching it now and I'm in Canada.

"Become like water my friend."

TheBrown1
TheBrown1
  • Predictions:  9,903  |  67.7%
  • Forum Posts:  283
  • Post Score: 219

11.23.2019 | 11:53 AM ET

Watch it live below

Predictions: 11 of 18 Winners, 2 Perfect, 655 Points   |   Tied for 306th

"Is it bedtime yet?"

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

11.23.2019 | 11:58 AM ET

This fight needs stopping. Girls eye is a mess!!!

rotojohn
rotojohn
  • Predictions:  238,495  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  238
  • Post Score: 279

11.23.2019 | 12:00 PM ET

Predictions: 11 of 18 Winners, 1 Perfect, 615 Points   |   Tied for 359th

Sognonero
Sognonero
  • Predictions:  2,532  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  395
  • Post Score: 202

11.23.2019 | 12:03 PM ET

Predictions: 0 of 0 Winners, 0 Perfect, 0 Points   |   Tied for 640th

awful work from the doctor
Mikey1903
Mikey1903

11.23.2019 | 12:16 PM ET

This Uchegbu kid has some slick jui jitsu.  Give him a couple years to build the rest of his game and he'll be dangerous 

Bigbadbrybry
Bigbadbrybry
  • Predictions:  8,699  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,706
  • Post Score: 203

11.23.2019 | 12:39 PM ET

Predictions: 13 of 18 Winners, 7 Perfect, 935 Points   |   12th Place

Rose is a guy who can’t stand being hit it looks like.. all you have to do is clip him one time and pressure him and he’s very ordinary, although his TD Defense seems pretty good!! Cut will give him confidence maybe

"“Never argue with an idiot; they will just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience”"

Bigbadbrybry
Bigbadbrybry

11.23.2019 | 12:41 PM ET

Nasty gash in his forehead!! If it gets any worse he’s done.. 

"“Never argue with an idiot; they will just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience”"

Bigbadbrybry
Bigbadbrybry

11.23.2019 | 12:42 PM ET

And Rose is at least getting up after getting TD 

Bigbadbrybry
Bigbadbrybry

11.23.2019 | 12:43 PM ET

Hardwick might actually be winning this fight imo... even though it sure doesn’t look that way from the cage paintings... 

Bigbadbrybry
Bigbadbrybry

11.23.2019 | 12:45 PM ET

Josh Thompson is an absolute stereotypical meathead... such an idiot

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : Karine Silva Is All-Business, All-Action
  • UFC.com : Jonathan Pearce: Knocking On The Door
  • MMA Mania : Coach Benched Dariush To ‘Focus On His Health’
  • UFC.com : Marnic Mann Gets Down To Business
  • Middle Easy : Anthony Smith ‘Shocked’ By How Good Sean Strickland Truly Is: ‘He Only Shows a Small Part of His Game’
  • MMA Junkie : Photos: BKFC: Knucklemania 4 pre-fight press conference
  • MMAFighting.com : Thiago Alves was basically retired until BKFC called for Mike Perry fight: ‘Money talks’
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! UFC Vegas 91 Early Weigh Ins!
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo ready to trade leg kicks with Jonathan Martinez at UFC 301: 'I'm a specalist at what I do'
  • MMAFighting.com : Missed Fists: Fighter cusses out judge, tells them to quit
  • MMA Junkie : UFC champion Sean O'Malley on delay for Merab Dvalishvili title bout: 'I'm not fighting out of the country'
  • MMA Mania : BKFC ‘KnuckleMania 4’ Predictions
  • MMAFighting.com : Anthony Smith stands by Alex Pereira criticism but promises he’s not just ‘talking sh*t’ about him
  • UFC.com : Weigh-In Results | UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez
  • MMA Mania : Hunt Files To Unseal All Docs In UFC-Lesnar Lawsuit
  • MMA Junkie : Savannah Marshall signed with PFL for Claressa Shields rematch: 'The goal is to make a build-up'
  • MMA Mania : NSAC To Fine Biters, Brawlers And Diego Lopes?!?
  • MMA Mania : NAC To Fine Biters, Brawlers And Diego Lopez?!
  • MMA Junkie : Raw video: Max Holloway's BMF-ness, Conor's first belt and more UFC legendary moments – without commentary
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Amanda Ribas details recent stalker encounter: ‘He was telling people I was his wife’