Topic: Belfort vs. Johnson

Belfort vs. Johnson

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,819  |  73.9%
  • Forum Posts:  17,669
  • Post Score: 60

11.02.2011 | 1:55 PM ET

Prediction: correct Belfort   wrong Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for Belfort vs. Johnson. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 10

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,575
  • Post Score: 275

01.14.2012 | 4:08 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Johnson   wrong Decision  

Despite the weigh-in drama, if Johnson comes in having gotten past the illness, I think he's got the power ... and wrestling ... to potentially keep Belfort off-balance and find a win.

"I live, I die, I live again."

Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

01.14.2012 | 4:14 PM ET

It wasn't really illness it was severe dehydration from trying to cut far more weight than anyone should. He was trying to cut from 215 to 185, not lose fat he was trying to dump 30 lbs of water weight. What's worse is he had to cut weight again this morning. I even considered changing my pick but I would regret it if he manages to win. This whole situation makes me root for Belfort so at least if Rumble wins I won't be totally disappointed. 

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

Gregory
Gregory

01.14.2012 | 4:23 PM ET

yep what you said is more correct way to describe it

ThatPatP
ThatPatP
  • Predictions:  10  |  60.0%
  • Forum Posts:  10
  • Post Score: 30

01.14.2012 | 5:01 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Johnson   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

The day-of weight-limit stipulation won't negate the fact that Anthony is one of the most ruthless strikers in the WW/MW/LHW divisions. I don't think Vitor has an answer for him.
jodybanman
jodybanman
  • Predictions:  3,332  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,707
  • Post Score: 237

01.14.2012 | 6:04 PM ET

Prediction: correct Belfort   wrong KO/TKO   correct Round 1  

BELFORT is one of the most ruthless strikers, he has KO'd better fighters than Johnson.  Anthony Johnson was afraid to strike with Dan Hardy for ****s sake, what's he going to do against Belfort?

I actually jokingly stated in a previous post that it would be funny if Johnson didn't make weight in spite of moving up.  Now that it's actually happened, I realize it's not funny.  It's pathetic.  Anthony Johnson, you are a professional athlete.  Act like one.

* Edited at 01.14.2012, 6:04 PM ET *

"I don't want to have to do this living. I just walk around. I want to be swept off my feet, you know? I want my children to have magical powers. I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it."

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

01.14.2012 | 7:01 PM ET

too much on rumbles mind: crowd and pissed off dana. i say this will end quickly if belfort is very aggressive.

* Edited at 01.14.2012, 7:14 PM ET *

minotauro11
minotauro11
  • Predictions:  2,483  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  4,493
  • Post Score: 148

01.14.2012 | 7:09 PM ET

Do the people picking Johnson think he'll out strike or outwrestle Vitor? Honest question, not being a smartass.

"We Are All One"

joe kerr
joe kerr
  • Predictions:  246,575  |  68.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,850
  • Post Score: 267

01.14.2012 | 7:10 PM ET

Agreed with wolfman. That's how I see it too. The bloodthristy crowd that won't pass an opportunity to show him the hatred, angry Dana claiming that he could get a boot even if he wins, add to that the embarrassment and (probably) the pressure he now feels to make a great showing. I can see Rumble coming out very aggressive and careless and getting caught by Vitor, who's in better shape and feeling very motivated by his latest KO and the support of the crowd.

Then again, it's MMA. I was also expecting Hominick to batter the Korean Zombie in Canada.

"If the enemy rejects the ground, I would take him down by tackle. Why didn’t he [Royler] do so? May I introduce him to a good coach? His tackle was... like a girl’s one... Mr. Royler, how are you feeling?" - Kazushi Sakuraba

Gregory
Gregory

01.14.2012 | 7:11 PM ET

@mino I'm not really sure what's going to happen. If they smash into each other like wild beasts, I think Vitor will be unconscious first.   If they engage in a technical, measured striking match, I think Vitor has the edge.  And if Johnson times his takedown attempts well, I think he could steal a couple rounds. 

jitzFANatik808
jitzFANatik808
  • Predictions:  407  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  65
  • Post Score: 151

01.14.2012 | 7:13 PM ET

Vitor has to be feeling so disrespected, and the fact that he's in front of his countrymen has to fire him up even more. He's gotta watch Anthony Johnson's headkick, but if he can close the distance, Vitor will throw his .50cal-machine gun-like hands with rapid fire and put Johnson down.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level of our training."

Bigj383
Bigj383

01.14.2012 | 7:25 PM ET

@Mino I expected Johnson to use the exact same tactic he did against Dan Hardy. Shoot in Take down and hold down. He may stand with Vitor but that seems the most dangerous option. Vitor has been held down in the past by Dan Henderson and Tito Ortiz so it's not out of the realm of possibilities for this fight. With all the weight cutting issues I worry about Rumble's cardio. Both Vitor and Rumble have enough power to stop each other standing. 

* Edited at 01.14.2012, 7:26 PM ET *

Blackwork
Blackwork
  • Predictions:  4,678  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  900
  • Post Score: 162

01.14.2012 | 7:29 PM ET

Honestly,  I think AJ's still rehydrating at this point, which is not a good thing for him. Recognizing this, I switched my pick to Vitor after the weigh-in nonsense, although it's completely possible AJ will just dwarf Vitor, his cardio won't be materially affected, and he'll steal rounds by taking Vitor down with size + skill.

"http://www.tapology.com/profiles/blackwork/my-rankings?ranking_type=member"

minotauro11
minotauro11
  • Predictions:  2,483  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  4,493
  • Post Score: 148

01.14.2012 | 7:29 PM ET

Yeah I briefly considered picking Rumble based on his takedown ability, but I think Vitor is very good on the ground, and has a great sprawl. I think he swept Henderson a couple of times IIRC, and Rumble is no Hendo, I am wondering if Rumble will try to avoid the ground altogether, his jiu jitsu is probably his weakest asset. 

"We Are All One"

FresnoMMA
FresnoMMA
  • Predictions:  59,053  |  68.6%
  • Forum Posts:  7,436
  • Post Score: 204

01.14.2012 | 7:32 PM ET

Johnson will be able to hold his own on the feet long enough to score a couple takedowns a round getting the close UD.
wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

01.14.2012 | 11:30 PM ET

belfort was cash money DINERO.
wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

01.14.2012 | 11:41 PM ET

i need to here pink floyds money.
LoneRonin
LoneRonin
  • Predictions:  3,222  |  62.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,171
  • Post Score: 104

01.14.2012 | 11:46 PM ET

Wow Johnson let me down
GASTRONAUT
GASTRONAUT
  • Predictions:  5,582  |  60.5%
  • Forum Posts:  946
  • Post Score: 191

01.15.2012 | 3:59 AM ET

@LoneRonin, by not making weight?
Bigj383
Bigj383

01.15.2012 | 8:17 PM ET

Rumble used the tactic I thought he would. Mirgliota wouldn't allow that tactic and kept standing them up. So Rumble of coursed started to tire quickly because he's carrying way too much muscle and had a terrible weight cut. Vitor would up out classing him. I'm glad Vitor won because Johnson didn't deserve to after coming in so heavy. 

TraeBlack
TraeBlack
  • Predictions:  20,845  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  8,701
  • Post Score: 173

01.15.2012 | 8:22 PM ET

miss weight, get tapped out, and cut from the UFC, its what he deserved.....

"3HUNNA"

Page 10

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: American Top Team Rallies For Poirier, Slam ‘Clown’ Tsarukyan
  • MMA Mania : Bad Matchmaking? Surging Cannonier Forced Backwards For Khamzat Title Bid
  • MMA Mania : Volkanovski: ‘My Next Fight At Featherweight Will Be For The Title’
  • MMA Junkie : Alexa Grasso, Valentina Shevchenko look forward to new blood after UFC 306 trilogy is complete
  • MMA Junkie : Vicente Luque: Leon Edwards has 'great wrestling cardio,' more versatile striking than Belal Muhammad
  • MMA Junkie : UFC veterans in MMA and boxing action June 7-9
  • MMA Mania : ‘Badass’ Diaz ‘Was Looking F—king Good’ Against Lawler
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 57's Dominick Reyes: 'I have the pedigree to get me back to the top'
  • MMA Mania : McGregor ‘More Interesting’ Than Tsarukyan For Makhachev
  • MMAFighting.com : Nate Diaz reacts to press conference brawl, nearly gets into another melee with Jorge Masvidal’s team
  • MMA Junkie : Raw video: Khabib predicts title, urges Johnson to quit mid-fight and more UFC legendary moments without commentary
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Claims Khabib Would Be UFC Champ ‘Right Now’, How He Compares To Islam Makhachev
  • MMAFighting.com : Kade Ruotolo bringing different level of grappling to MMA: ‘I’m not sure if the MMA world is ready for it’
  • Bad Left Hook : WBC orders Vargas vs Figueroa title consolidation
  • MMA Mania : Brawl! Team Masvidal And Team Diaz Come To Blows
  • MMAFighting.com : Nate Diaz, Jorge Masvidal press conference erupts into wild brawl
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Jorge Masvidal in middle of wild brawl after Nate Diaz refused another press conference faceoff
  • MMA Junkie : Arman Tsarukyan: Version of Islam Makhachev at UFC 302 'would be very easy fight for me'
  • MMA Junkie : T.J. Dillashaw thinks Cory Sandhagen will be UFC champ if he tops Umar Nurmagomedov
  • MMA Mania : UFC Fans ‘Feel Sorry’ For ‘Desperate’ Darren Till