Topic: Fantasy & Games

Destroy All Oddsbots 3: Beyond Thunderdome team thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

psychicdeath
psychicdeath
  • Predictions:  38,309  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,198
  • Post Score: 261

07.07.2015 | 12:19 AM ET

The draft is still ongoing, but with the first BLC event probably happening on Thursday, I figured I might as well put up a team thread now.

So far, the members are:

PsychicDeath
Outrageous
SoccerKick
Twister44
michigandolphin
Stay Ready
sreimuth

There should be two more drafted before the season starts.

My biggest thing this year is consistently making all picks.  I care less about scores than about individual scores, on the theory that teams who consistently get picks in do better in the long run.  Too many matches in past seasons have been lost due to missed picks, instead of someone just having bad picks on an event.  Getting a low score always beats a zero score.  I'll be posting the events, with times they lock, on your walls each week.  Please make picks as early as possible, then you can easily adjust them closer to fight time.  Sometimes things happen (illness, working late, car accident, whatever) that might prevent you from picking a few hours before fight time.  Better to have mediocre picks in early and not get a chance to adjust them than to miss picking altogether.  I'll try not to nag, but if you still haven't picked the day before an event, expect a gentle reminder.

Now, for the team logo.  I planned to have a simple logo with the Thunderdome from Mad Max, with Godzilla looming over it.  I probably won't have time to get to it though, since I have no photoshop skills, and it's too complicated for my MS Paint basics.  I really don't have time to learn photoshop in the next two days, since I fly to Vegas on Thursday for Fight Week.  Anyone good at photoshop?  I assume it's a pretty easy project for someone who knows the program.

Oh, and bribes:  I'll try to pick up some swag at the UFC Fan Expo - poster, t-shirt, whatever, and hopefully signed by whatever fighters I can waylay- for whoever has the best record of making all picks for the season. (Not for highest score, although if I can get a few items, that may be on the table, too)  If there's a tie for making all picks, all season, the winner will be chosen out of a hat.

That the basics for now.  Any thoughts?

"I shall not cause harm to any vehicle nor the personal contents thereof, nor through inaction let that vehicle or the personal contents thereof come to harm. It's what I call the Repo Code, kid. "

Responses Page 6

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

08.02.2015 | 5:51 AM ET

I'm glad to see my lack of UFC picking ability didn't kill us!

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

08.02.2015 | 8:43 PM ET

I'm all picked out for the new week until changes and new events come up so I can be the berserker if no one else is up for it

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

08.02.2015 | 9:21 PM ET

Sounds like a plan.  I'll put you in as designated Olaf once the event voting thread is up.  

I'll also be picking everything this week (and in fact, the entire season).  But I encourage others on the team to do an entire week every so often as well.  It increases our chance of getting bonus points - the designated berserker gets bonus points if he finishes in the top 20 in the weekend comp, plus the highest non-designated finisher on the team in the top 20 gets wild card bonus points.

We currently have 3 in the top 20, although less than half of the scores are in, so that could change a lot

"I shall not cause harm to any vehicle nor the personal contents thereof, nor through inaction let that vehicle or the personal contents thereof come to harm. It's what I call the Repo Code, kid. "

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

08.04.2015 | 1:13 AM ET

Voting is still ongoing, but a quick heads up that M-1 Challenge 60 is definitely in.  It locks at 6 AM ET Wednesday morning, or just 28 hours from when I'm posting this.

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

08.04.2015 | 4:55 PM ET

We have a strange batch of events this week, with fights on Wednesday and Thursday, some morning events, etc.  One of them locks in just 13 hours, so there's a bit of a rush on that one.

M-1 Challenge 60  Wednesday morning, currently locks at 6 AM ET tomorrow morning

Tech-Krep FC  Thursday morning, currently locks at 9 AM ET Thursday

Tachi PF 24  Thursday night, currently locks at 8 PM ET Thursday

RFA 28  Friday night, currently locks at 7:30 PM ET Friday

UFC Fight Night 73  Saturday night, currently locks at 6:30 PM ET Saturday

Pancrase 269   Saturday night/Sunday morning, currently locks at 8 PM ET Saturday

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

08.04.2015 | 5:18 PM ET

We have 6 of 9 with M-1 picks in already.  Hopefully the remaining 3 get the word in time for this really short-notice event.

Follow The Money
Follow The Money
  • Predictions:  5,951  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,031
  • Post Score: 150

08.04.2015 | 5:51 PM ET

Don't worry about me, mine will be in after I get off work
Follow The Money
Follow The Money
  • Predictions:  5,951  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,031
  • Post Score: 150

08.04.2015 | 8:40 PM ET

Didn't have time to research the first 4 or 5 fights, but they're in.
Twister44
Twister44
  • Predictions:  5,181  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  765
  • Post Score: 231

08.04.2015 | 10:19 PM ET

in

"I am the real Nick Miller"

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

08.05.2015 | 10:22 AM ET

Unfortunately, as I expected when a Wednesday morning card was voted in on short notice, we had one person who missed picks. The good news is that our opponents had two people who missed picks. So even though I feared a short notice event would bite us, and I voted against it for that reason, it ended up actually helping us. It sounds like several teams had missed picks, since there is already a rule change that going forward, Wednesday non-tier 1 events will be allowed only if the voting is completed 24 hours or more before the event locks.

* Edited at 08.05.2015, 10:22 AM ET *

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

08.05.2015 | 8:16 PM ET

There were some late changes to both events tomorrow, so there are some more picks to make if you had already picked Tech-Krep and Tachi PF.  The first of them locks in about 12 hours.

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

08.05.2015 | 8:49 PM ET

Tied after one event, even with them missing two picks.  But a tie is better than being behind.

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

08.05.2015 | 11:15 PM ET

Tech-Krep closes in 9 hours, and a few still need picks

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

08.06.2015 | 6:43 AM ET

Still need a few picks for  Tech-Krep FC   locks in 2 hours

and Tachi PF 24   locks in 12 hours

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

08.06.2015 | 8:28 AM ET

8 of 9 in for Tech Krep just under the wire

KnockoutsRock21
KnockoutsRock21
  • Predictions:  17,407  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,011
  • Post Score: 251

08.06.2015 | 9:30 AM ET

Don't worry guys I only made 9 picks in Tech Krep too.  Guess you can't pick the day before.

Should kick our ass pretty easily.

"Superman wears Chuck Liddell pajamas"

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

08.06.2015 | 5:18 PM ET

8 of 9 in for Tachi PF.  There was a change in the event, but since it was in the 12 hour window, it doesn't affect the picks at all.

I assume our 9th person was in "must be the usual Friday and Saturday" mind set, or was pretty busy and hasn't been able to check in to Tapology yet.  No big deal, since he'll be the dropped score this week and it doesn't hurt us much.

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

08.06.2015 | 5:37 PM ET

Assuming there are no score adjustments to the just-completed Tech-Krep, we have a lead after two events.  Follow The Money got a solo win as well.

The berserker/wild card bonus points are tentative, since there are still a few events yet to be scored in last weekend's competition, so it could fluctuate a bit by the time it goes final.

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

08.07.2015 | 12:58 AM ET

In raw score, they beat us on Tachi PF, but since our dropped score was zero, the average of our 8 keeper scores was higher, so we actually gained some ground.  Our lead is now 605 points.

Keep up the good work.  Three more events to pick.

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

08.07.2015 | 5:40 PM ET

9 of 9 in for RFA

Page 6

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Jairzinho Rozenstruik plans to reconnect with ‘my real power source’ in Suriname, return against a top heavyweight
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva will keep 'unreachable' callout secret for one more fight after UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Make After UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Maker After UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Junkie : Ketlen Souza unwilling to take breaks after scoring first octagon win at UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMAFighting.com : Bogdan Guskov promises to keep delivering exciting fights after UFC Vegas 91 win: ‘I love blood’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Maheshate felt 'extra burden' after consecutive losses
  • MMA Mania : Covington On ‘Nobody’ Garry: ‘He’s Not Serious’
  • MMAFighting.com : Bryan Barberena announces UFC exit, calls for ‘real brawler’ BKFC battle with Mike Perry
  • MMA Junkie : Austin Hubbard admits he was 'super nervous, stressed out' before UFC on ESPN 55 win
  • MMA Junkie : Charly Arnolt details historic impromptu UFC cage announcer role: 'I was scared of messing up'
  • MMAFighting.com : Paddy Pimblett responds to UFC 300 callouts from Renato Moicano, Bobby Green
  • MMA Junkie : 'LokDog' Vinicius Oliveira gets Ricky Simon in first fight since UFC Knockout of the Year candidate
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Don'Tale Mayes wants quick return on hometown Louisville card
  • MMA Mania : ‘My Style, It’s Worst Style For This Guy Dustin’
  • MMAFighting.com : Thiago Alves retires from combat sports after Mike Perry knockout loss at KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Ryan Garcia shows Colby Covington left hooks after Donald Trump meetup in Florida
  • MMAFighting.com : WATCH: Swedish fighter delivers incredible faceplant knockout in pro debut
  • MMA Junkie : GLORY Kickboxing vet Jhonata Diniz ready for 'big names' at heavyweight after UFC on ESPN 55 win
  • MMA Mania : Video: Garcia Striking Tips Open Colby’s Third Eye