Topic: Fantasy & Games

Destroy All Oddsbots 3: Beyond Thunderdome team thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

psychicdeath
psychicdeath
  • Predictions:  38,309  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,198
  • Post Score: 261

07.07.2015 | 12:19 AM ET

The draft is still ongoing, but with the first BLC event probably happening on Thursday, I figured I might as well put up a team thread now.

So far, the members are:

PsychicDeath
Outrageous
SoccerKick
Twister44
michigandolphin
Stay Ready
sreimuth

There should be two more drafted before the season starts.

My biggest thing this year is consistently making all picks.  I care less about scores than about individual scores, on the theory that teams who consistently get picks in do better in the long run.  Too many matches in past seasons have been lost due to missed picks, instead of someone just having bad picks on an event.  Getting a low score always beats a zero score.  I'll be posting the events, with times they lock, on your walls each week.  Please make picks as early as possible, then you can easily adjust them closer to fight time.  Sometimes things happen (illness, working late, car accident, whatever) that might prevent you from picking a few hours before fight time.  Better to have mediocre picks in early and not get a chance to adjust them than to miss picking altogether.  I'll try not to nag, but if you still haven't picked the day before an event, expect a gentle reminder.

Now, for the team logo.  I planned to have a simple logo with the Thunderdome from Mad Max, with Godzilla looming over it.  I probably won't have time to get to it though, since I have no photoshop skills, and it's too complicated for my MS Paint basics.  I really don't have time to learn photoshop in the next two days, since I fly to Vegas on Thursday for Fight Week.  Anyone good at photoshop?  I assume it's a pretty easy project for someone who knows the program.

Oh, and bribes:  I'll try to pick up some swag at the UFC Fan Expo - poster, t-shirt, whatever, and hopefully signed by whatever fighters I can waylay- for whoever has the best record of making all picks for the season. (Not for highest score, although if I can get a few items, that may be on the table, too)  If there's a tie for making all picks, all season, the winner will be chosen out of a hat.

That the basics for now.  Any thoughts?

"I shall not cause harm to any vehicle nor the personal contents thereof, nor through inaction let that vehicle or the personal contents thereof come to harm. It's what I call the Repo Code, kid. "

Responses Page 3

Twister44
Twister44
  • Predictions:  5,181  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  765
  • Post Score: 231

07.12.2015 | 11:44 PM ET

Sorry guys I shat the bed on Invicta. I was made the mistake of picking with my heart as opposed to head with mike swick and jake ellenberger. I will prove my worth. 

"I am the real Nick Miller"

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

07.13.2015 | 1:00 AM ET

Just got back to my room from the fights.  Looks like I did OK picking winners, but couldn't get a perfect to save my life.  I doubt I'll be able to tally all the scores tonight, since I have a few things to do and then grab a few hours of sleep before my flight home.

Oh, and don't worry too much about bad picks.  I'm more worried about getting them all made than the actual scores.  If we consistently make all picks, we'll get our share of wins.

"I shall not cause harm to any vehicle nor the personal contents thereof, nor through inaction let that vehicle or the personal contents thereof come to harm. It's what I call the Repo Code, kid. "

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

07.13.2015 | 4:40 PM ET

I just arrived home.  The event voting for this week isn't done yet but UFC Fight Night 71 is definitely in.  It's on Wednesday night, so I figured I;d let you know now because of the weird day.  It looks like the rest will be Friday, Saturday or Sunday,

Also, any volunteers to be the designated berserker this week and pick everything?

I'll post the full schedule of events for the week once voting is complete and I get a little sleep.

Follow The Money
Follow The Money
  • Predictions:  5,951  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,031
  • Post Score: 150

07.13.2015 | 5:54 PM ET

The be seeker is the top 20 in weekend contests right? Yeah not me.
shot2thesac
shot2thesac
  • Predictions:  20,255  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,306
  • Post Score: 137

07.13.2015 | 6:49 PM ET

Hahhahahha, the 'Bee Seeker'

"#KnockersSucsk -- Gaycism is wrong -- Everything is YOSSholm"

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

07.14.2015 | 1:43 AM ET

We have a full slate of events this time.  Several have odd start times, so better to get those in at least by the night before.  Events for the week:

UFC Fight Night 71:  Wednesday night, currently locks at 7 PM ET Wednesday

Bellator 140:  Friday night, currently locks at 6:30 PM ET Friday

Legacy FC 43:  Friday night, currently locks at 7:30 PM ET Friday

W.I.N. Fighting Championships  Friday/Saturday overnight, currently locks at 11 PM ET Friday

ONE FC 29:   Early Saturday morning, currently locks at 5 AM ET Saturday

UFC Fight Night 72:  Saturday morning/afternoon, currently locks at 10 AM ET Saturday

Titan FC 34:  Saturday night, currently locks at 7 PM ET Saturday

DEEP Cage Impact 2015:  Sunday night/Monday morning, currently locks at 9 PM ET Sunday

Still looking for volunteers to be designated Olaf

michigandolphin
michigandolphin
  • Predictions:  25,001  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,973

07.14.2015 | 10:10 AM ET

I can't promise I'll win, but I'll make all the picks this week. I'm your huckleb...I mean, I'm your Olaf....say when. 

"Frig off, bud"

shot2thesac
shot2thesac

07.14.2015 | 10:42 AM ET

More like Trump.

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

07.14.2015 | 9:41 PM ET

Ok, Michigandolphin, I'll go inform the commissioners that you're our Berserker this week

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

07.14.2015 | 9:57 PM ET

We're now set with an Olaf, and i'll be picking everything all season long for a chance at wildcard berserker points, but the more of us that pick the entire week, the better chance we have at wild card bonus points.  Obviously it's a lt of picks to make above and beyond the BLC events, but if anyone else has the time to make some quick picks, it increases our chances of getting into the weekly top 20 and getting bonus points.

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

07.15.2015 | 4:05 AM ET

all nine people have UFC picks in for tomorrow

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

07.16.2015 | 1:34 AM ET

After one event, we're down by 340 points.  No big deal, there are still 7 events to go.

shot2thesac
shot2thesac

07.16.2015 | 10:37 AM ET

You forgot the Bee Seeker points....

You're actually down 825!

Twister44
Twister44

07.16.2015 | 10:43 AM ET

I hate you @Shot and I don't find Asian women attractive. 

shot2thesac
shot2thesac

07.16.2015 | 12:09 PM ET

LIAR

Not about the hating me, but about this....

* Edited at 07.16.2015, 12:10 PM ET *

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

07.17.2015 | 2:46 PM ET

For tonight's fights, all picks are in for Bellator, and almost all for Legacy (one person needs to pick one fight that was a late addition).

For the overnight and morning events, we're all good on W.I.N., missing a few on ONE FC, and missing one on UFC FN 72.  I'll recheck the overnight/morning fights during Bellator tonight.

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

07.17.2015 | 3:21 PM ET

Just watched the UFC weigh-ins.  Bisping sounded pretty raspy during the pre-recorded interview segment, like he'd been sick or something.  He did look OK during the actual weigh-in, though.  Something to consider in what looks like a fairly close fight.

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

07.18.2015 | 1:56 AM ET

So far this week, we're getting stomped.  Still five events left, though, so there's still a slight chance for a come-from-behind win.  Just keep making the picks.

* Edited at 07.18.2015, 2:15 AM ET *

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

07.18.2015 | 2:07 AM ET

As far as the rest of the events:

W.I.N. is underway, all picks were made

ONE FC locks in 3 hours, one person missing one fight

UFC FN 72 locks in 8 hours, all picks made

Titan FC 34 locks in 17 hours, several picks missing, especially for some late additions to the card

DEEP locks in over a full day, lots of picks missing

We're set for the morning picks other than one fight, so just have the Saturday night and Sunday night events to go

Twister44
Twister44

07.18.2015 | 2:13 AM ET

Bellator was ******* brutal. 

Page 3

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Karine Silva will keep 'unreachable' callout secret for one more fight after UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Make After UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Maker After UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Junkie : Ketlen Souza unwilling to take breaks after scoring first octagon win at UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMAFighting.com : Bogdan Guskov promises to keep delivering exciting fights after UFC Vegas 91 win: ‘I love blood’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Maheshate felt 'extra burden' after consecutive losses
  • MMA Mania : Covington On ‘Nobody’ Garry: ‘He’s Not Serious’
  • MMAFighting.com : Bryan Barberena announces UFC exit, calls for ‘real brawler’ BKFC battle with Mike Perry
  • MMA Junkie : Austin Hubbard admits he was 'super nervous, stressed out' before UFC on ESPN 55 win
  • MMA Junkie : Charly Arnolt details historic impromptu UFC cage announcer role: 'I was scared of messing up'
  • MMAFighting.com : Paddy Pimblett responds to UFC 300 callouts from Renato Moicano, Bobby Green
  • MMA Junkie : 'LokDog' Vinicius Oliveira gets Ricky Simon in first fight since UFC Knockout of the Year candidate
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Don'Tale Mayes wants quick return on hometown Louisville card
  • MMA Mania : ‘My Style, It’s Worst Style For This Guy Dustin’
  • MMAFighting.com : Thiago Alves retires from combat sports after Mike Perry knockout loss at KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Ryan Garcia shows Colby Covington left hooks after Donald Trump meetup in Florida
  • MMAFighting.com : WATCH: Swedish fighter delivers incredible faceplant knockout in pro debut
  • MMA Junkie : GLORY Kickboxing vet Jhonata Diniz ready for 'big names' at heavyweight after UFC on ESPN 55 win
  • MMA Mania : Video: Garcia Striking Tips Open Colby’s Third Eye
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Perez on UFC main event knockout: ‘My friends always call me pillow hands, so now they can’t’