Topic: Fantasy & Games

Destroy All Oddsbots 3: Beyond Thunderdome team thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

psychicdeath
psychicdeath
  • Predictions:  38,309  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,198
  • Post Score: 261

07.07.2015 | 12:19 AM ET

The draft is still ongoing, but with the first BLC event probably happening on Thursday, I figured I might as well put up a team thread now.

So far, the members are:

PsychicDeath
Outrageous
SoccerKick
Twister44
michigandolphin
Stay Ready
sreimuth

There should be two more drafted before the season starts.

My biggest thing this year is consistently making all picks.  I care less about scores than about individual scores, on the theory that teams who consistently get picks in do better in the long run.  Too many matches in past seasons have been lost due to missed picks, instead of someone just having bad picks on an event.  Getting a low score always beats a zero score.  I'll be posting the events, with times they lock, on your walls each week.  Please make picks as early as possible, then you can easily adjust them closer to fight time.  Sometimes things happen (illness, working late, car accident, whatever) that might prevent you from picking a few hours before fight time.  Better to have mediocre picks in early and not get a chance to adjust them than to miss picking altogether.  I'll try not to nag, but if you still haven't picked the day before an event, expect a gentle reminder.

Now, for the team logo.  I planned to have a simple logo with the Thunderdome from Mad Max, with Godzilla looming over it.  I probably won't have time to get to it though, since I have no photoshop skills, and it's too complicated for my MS Paint basics.  I really don't have time to learn photoshop in the next two days, since I fly to Vegas on Thursday for Fight Week.  Anyone good at photoshop?  I assume it's a pretty easy project for someone who knows the program.

Oh, and bribes:  I'll try to pick up some swag at the UFC Fan Expo - poster, t-shirt, whatever, and hopefully signed by whatever fighters I can waylay- for whoever has the best record of making all picks for the season. (Not for highest score, although if I can get a few items, that may be on the table, too)  If there's a tie for making all picks, all season, the winner will be chosen out of a hat.

That the basics for now.  Any thoughts?

"I shall not cause harm to any vehicle nor the personal contents thereof, nor through inaction let that vehicle or the personal contents thereof come to harm. It's what I call the Repo Code, kid. "

Responses Page 4

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

07.18.2015 | 4:49 PM ET

We about broke even on One FC and UFC FN 72, only cutting 50 points off their lead.  Still 3 events left to score, but we have a ton of ground to make up.

"I shall not cause harm to any vehicle nor the personal contents thereof, nor through inaction let that vehicle or the personal contents thereof come to harm. It's what I call the Repo Code, kid. "

Twister44
Twister44
  • Predictions:  5,181  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  765
  • Post Score: 231

07.19.2015 | 10:43 PM ET

Hey @Psychic, post on my personal wall what this up comings weeks picks are because sometimes I can't find them very easily in the forums. 

I'll be heading out to Chicago on Wednesday for the fights, but I'll be doing the whole visiting family etc until Saturday. I won't be able to take my computer with me, if all else fails I'll find a smart phone to make the picks on....yes I don't have a smart phone (I'm a broke college kid). 

Thanks guys! Hope UFC on Fox 16 is anywhere near as exciting as UFC 189. 

PS. Might be going to TJ's after party with him and Danny Castillo. I've chatted pretty loosely with their cornerman Justin Bucholz every now and again so hoping I can get ahold of him after the fights. 

"I am the real Nick Miller"

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

07.19.2015 | 11:08 PM ET

No problem.  I assume the vote for events will be tomorrow, although it may not be final until Tuesday.

Have fun at the fights.

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

07.20.2015 | 9:28 PM ET

Event voting thread is up, so I'll need a berserker for this week.  Any volunteers?

(By the way, the berserker this week will earn bonus points if any for next week's match.  Just like michigandolphin as designated berserker and our highest wildcard on the past weekend will earn bonus points for this week if they finish in the top 20 for the past weekend competition)

And on the past matchup, we lost badly.  We made a bit of a comeback on the W.I.N. card, but we were so far down it didn't matter.

It was just an overall bad week for us.  Hopefully we can come back and pick up our first win this next week.

michigandolphin
michigandolphin
  • Predictions:  25,001  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,973

07.20.2015 | 9:59 PM ET

I'm game if nobody else wants to do it. But I'll gladly step aside if somebody else wants to take it.

"Frig off, bud"

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

07.21.2015 | 6:41 PM ET

The event voting is not yet complete, but we do know of three that are already definitely in:

Road FC 24 in Japan  Friday night/early Saturday morning  Currently locks at 1 AM ET Saturday morning

UFC on Fox 16   Saturday evening, currently locks at 4 PM ET Saturday

Shooto Saturday night/early Sunday morning  Currently locks at 12:30 AM Sunday

Several others have been eliminated, and two are still pending the final few votes.  These final two might or might not be in.  I'll let you know once the vote is complete.

Tech-Krep FC
Victory FC 46

michigandolphin, I'll go ahead and designate you as beserker.  I'll make all the weekend picks as well hoping for wild card points, and hopefully a few others will too, so we increase our chances of getting some bonus points

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

07.21.2015 | 7:00 PM ET

I'm back from vacation and all picked out for this week

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

07.21.2015 | 7:11 PM ET

cool.  i've been lazy so far this week, but will pick a bunch of cards tonight to get ahead

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

07.21.2015 | 9:52 PM ET

Tech Rep and Victory are out, so just the three events this week:

Road FC 24 in Japan  Friday night/early Saturday morning  Currently locks at 1 AM ET Saturday morning

UFC on Fox 16   Saturday evening, currently locks at 4 PM ET Saturday

Shooto Saturday night/early Sunday morning  Currently locks at 12:30 AM Sunday

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

07.24.2015 | 7:53 PM ET

Seven of nine people have Road FC picks done.  It locks in 5 hours

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

07.25.2015 | 1:13 AM ET

First event locked a few minutes ago.  Eight of us got the picks in.  I understand making picks fairly close to the deadline.  I had that habit myself during my first season, and probably drove my team captain nuts.  No problem at all picking close to lock time.  It makes me nervous as the deadline nears, but that comes with the job and will lessen once I'm used to everyone's picking habits.  So for those of you who made picks, thanks.  With one person missing, it's not an instant loss, since our low score gets tossed. So just keep it up, and we have a chance to overcome the handicap.

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

07.25.2015 | 5:37 AM ET

Eight people have UFC picks in.  Shooto locks just after midnight, so if you don't have it already, it would probably be easiest to pick it during breaks in the action of the UFC fights.

michigandolphin
michigandolphin
  • Predictions:  25,001  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,973

07.25.2015 | 8:06 PM ET

My UFC picks are god awful tonight. Sorry dudes!

"Frig off, bud"

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

07.25.2015 | 8:32 PM ET

That's OK.  My UFC picks probably suck worse.  Just getting picks in is all I ask

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

07.25.2015 | 10:31 PM ET

Only seven have picked Shooto.  It closes in two hours

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

07.25.2015 | 10:49 PM ET

OK, make that 8 have picked Shooto

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

07.26.2015 | 12:18 AM ET

We're down by 585 on Toll's tally.  A strong showing in Shooto could save us

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzEc060MeUoQVUpxMC1hX2pxTmM/view?pli=1

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

07.26.2015 | 12:31 AM ET

Huh.  Just noticed they pushed back the lock time for Shooto.  Not that it matters much

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

07.26.2015 | 3:02 AM ET

I leave tomorrow for camp with the football team I coach....will be back later in the week so I won't be picking every event this week...I have UFC and WSOF picked as I don't anticipate many changes on those cards

* Edited at 07.26.2015, 3:05 AM ET *

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

Legz
Legz
  • Predictions:  21,608  |  78.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,169

07.26.2015 | 9:06 PM ET

"This is Shooto!"

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : White ‘Probably A Little Mad’ About McGregor BKFC Deal
  • MMAFighting.com : Jairzinho Rozenstruik plans to reconnect with ‘my real power source’ in Suriname, return against a top heavyweight
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva will keep 'unreachable' callout secret for one more fight after UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Make After UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Maker After UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Junkie : Ketlen Souza unwilling to take breaks after scoring first octagon win at UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMAFighting.com : Bogdan Guskov promises to keep delivering exciting fights after UFC Vegas 91 win: ‘I love blood’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Maheshate felt 'extra burden' after consecutive losses
  • MMA Mania : Covington On ‘Nobody’ Garry: ‘He’s Not Serious’
  • MMAFighting.com : Bryan Barberena announces UFC exit, calls for ‘real brawler’ BKFC battle with Mike Perry
  • MMA Junkie : Austin Hubbard admits he was 'super nervous, stressed out' before UFC on ESPN 55 win
  • MMA Junkie : Charly Arnolt details historic impromptu UFC cage announcer role: 'I was scared of messing up'
  • MMAFighting.com : Paddy Pimblett responds to UFC 300 callouts from Renato Moicano, Bobby Green
  • MMA Junkie : 'LokDog' Vinicius Oliveira gets Ricky Simon in first fight since UFC Knockout of the Year candidate
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Don'Tale Mayes wants quick return on hometown Louisville card
  • MMA Mania : ‘My Style, It’s Worst Style For This Guy Dustin’
  • MMAFighting.com : Thiago Alves retires from combat sports after Mike Perry knockout loss at KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Ryan Garcia shows Colby Covington left hooks after Donald Trump meetup in Florida
  • MMAFighting.com : WATCH: Swedish fighter delivers incredible faceplant knockout in pro debut
  • MMA Junkie : GLORY Kickboxing vet Jhonata Diniz ready for 'big names' at heavyweight after UFC on ESPN 55 win