Topic: Fantasy & Games

Destroy All Oddsbots 3: Beyond Thunderdome team thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

psychicdeath
psychicdeath
  • Predictions:  38,234  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,198
  • Post Score: 261

07.07.2015 | 12:19 AM ET

The draft is still ongoing, but with the first BLC event probably happening on Thursday, I figured I might as well put up a team thread now.

So far, the members are:

PsychicDeath
Outrageous
SoccerKick
Twister44
michigandolphin
Stay Ready
sreimuth

There should be two more drafted before the season starts.

My biggest thing this year is consistently making all picks.  I care less about scores than about individual scores, on the theory that teams who consistently get picks in do better in the long run.  Too many matches in past seasons have been lost due to missed picks, instead of someone just having bad picks on an event.  Getting a low score always beats a zero score.  I'll be posting the events, with times they lock, on your walls each week.  Please make picks as early as possible, then you can easily adjust them closer to fight time.  Sometimes things happen (illness, working late, car accident, whatever) that might prevent you from picking a few hours before fight time.  Better to have mediocre picks in early and not get a chance to adjust them than to miss picking altogether.  I'll try not to nag, but if you still haven't picked the day before an event, expect a gentle reminder.

Now, for the team logo.  I planned to have a simple logo with the Thunderdome from Mad Max, with Godzilla looming over it.  I probably won't have time to get to it though, since I have no photoshop skills, and it's too complicated for my MS Paint basics.  I really don't have time to learn photoshop in the next two days, since I fly to Vegas on Thursday for Fight Week.  Anyone good at photoshop?  I assume it's a pretty easy project for someone who knows the program.

Oh, and bribes:  I'll try to pick up some swag at the UFC Fan Expo - poster, t-shirt, whatever, and hopefully signed by whatever fighters I can waylay- for whoever has the best record of making all picks for the season. (Not for highest score, although if I can get a few items, that may be on the table, too)  If there's a tie for making all picks, all season, the winner will be chosen out of a hat.

That the basics for now.  Any thoughts?

"I shall not cause harm to any vehicle nor the personal contents thereof, nor through inaction let that vehicle or the personal contents thereof come to harm. It's what I call the Repo Code, kid. "

Responses Page 2

Outrageous
Outrageous
  • Predictions:  15,465  |  65.5%
  • Forum Posts:  246
  • Post Score: 215

07.08.2015 | 12:06 PM ET

Hey guys.  Happy to be aboard.  I'll try not to miss any picks despite my ominous warning, but please don't select me for the "berserker" role unless I let you know that I have time (I might later in the season, but not now).

"Fungahhh!"

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

07.08.2015 | 2:32 PM ET

As you may know, being the captain of a BLC team is pretty much being a glorified secretary.  The job is mostly giving the team information, checking to make sure picks are in, keeping track of last-minute changes to fight cards, etc.

This season, I'll try to keep the nagging on walls to a minimum, and post most administrative stuff in this thread, so please check it at least once a day for any changes that might come up.  I'll post the weekly list of events on walls after the vote is done each week.  Other than that, if a change happens, or if you're still missing picks within 12 hours of an event lock time, then I'll resort to posting on your walls.

This week, we are up against The Load Warriors.  They're in our division, so a win would be nice. First event is Invicta 13 tomorrow night.  So far 6 of the 9 on the team have made the picks for Invicta. I'll check again late tonight, but this week I probably won't be available much for last-minute checks and reminders, since I'll be pretty busy.

Oh, and if you watch Invicta tomorrow, I'll be the larger, ugly, old guy here:

"I shall not cause harm to any vehicle nor the personal contents thereof, nor through inaction let that vehicle or the personal contents thereof come to harm. It's what I call the Repo Code, kid. "

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

07.09.2015 | 2:30 AM ET

Heading for bed soon.  Just checked and all 9 team members have Invicta picks done.  Cool!  Next event is Saturday morning, So I'll check on those Friday.

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,457  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

07.10.2015 | 4:06 AM ET

Mmm like an Oreo, I love to lick the middle like an Oreo. Turn up. Oreo, Oreo, like an Oreo I wanna bite it and get inside it til I get you gone. You wanna know how I get down? You wanna know how I get down? You wonder how I'm the best and can do all this with my mouth. Cookie, cookie, cookie, I'm a cookie monster, break your back, crack it open like a lobster.

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

07.10.2015 | 1:04 PM ET

Invicta wasn't very good for us, so we're down by a bit.  Plenty of fights left to make a recovery, though.

Stay Ready
Stay Ready
  • Predictions:  3,011  |  63.7%
  • Forum Posts:  434
  • Post Score: 241

07.10.2015 | 3:03 PM ET

I switched from Hamasaki to Tiburcio last minute after flip-flopping. Bad mistake. I would have been tied for 1st with the others if I stuck with it.

Still, I did well.

"UFN 68 | 06.06.2015 | WIN | CthulhuJenner & Pinkhornet | Submission (Verbal)"

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

07.10.2015 | 5:47 PM ET

Bribes are partially taken care of. I bought a UFC 189 event poster and a Pride T-shirt to give away as "I didn't miss making any picks" prizes.  Hoping to get one or both signed at the expo tomorrow (In particular, Don Frye is signing tomorrow, So I hope to get him to sign the Pride shirt).  The lines for signings are freaking huge, though, so I didn't even attempt any today.

Lopati
Lopati
  • Predictions:  18,574  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13,352
  • Post Score: 179

07.10.2015 | 5:50 PM ET

That's sweet Psychic

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

07.10.2015 | 5:52 PM ET

Anything to motivate getting picks in on time.

I missed my chance last night at Invicta.  The place was loaded with fighters old and new, but I didn't have anything with me to get signed.  Would have been nice to have Bas sign the Pride shirt.  (Really bad picture, since the girl I handed the camera to didn't know how to work it, so she caught me in the middle of repeating "Just hold down the button until the flash goes off - plus she had her finfer partially covering said flash...)

* Edited at 07.10.2015, 6:03 PM ET *

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

07.10.2015 | 8:26 PM ET

All nine team members have picks done for EFC 41 tomorrow morning.  Since it locks in less than 9 hours, any late changes to the fight card won't be pickable, so we're good to go.

I'll check UFC 189 and Supa Fite Leeg later tonight.  Keep up the good work, guys and gal.

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

07.11.2015 | 2:32 AM ET

All nine people have picked UFC 189 and Super Fight League

Legz
Legz
  • Predictions:  21,535  |  78.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,169

07.11.2015 | 2:53 AM ET

"This is Shooto!"

Follow The Money
Follow The Money
  • Predictions:  5,951  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,031
  • Post Score: 150

07.11.2015 | 3:20 PM ET

Bang bang
psychicdeath
psychicdeath

07.11.2015 | 4:54 PM ET

Well, mission failed on the bribery front.  The Don Frye signing was during the time the Expo was only open to those who bought the VIP package.  By the time regular ticketholders were let in at 10 AM local time, it was winding down and the existing line was already really long.  So, change of plan.  Winner of the team "I made all my picks" prize for the season gets his choice of the UFC 189 poster or the Pride FC T-shirt, plus a $50 gift certificate to the UFC store.  Second prize gets whichever of the shirt or poster first place didn't select.

I'm keeping this for myself, because while I'm not above bribery, I'm also a selfish bastard...

Follow The Money
Follow The Money
  • Predictions:  5,951  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,031
  • Post Score: 150

07.11.2015 | 8:24 PM ET

I would really like the 189 poster
Lopati
Lopati
  • Predictions:  18,574  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13,352
  • Post Score: 179

07.11.2015 | 8:27 PM ET

the original or the mendes version?

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

michigandolphin
michigandolphin
  • Predictions:  25,001  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,973

07.12.2015 | 12:07 AM ET

I'm sucking on the main card guys. Oops.

"Frig off, bud"

Twister44
Twister44
  • Predictions:  5,181  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  765
  • Post Score: 231

07.12.2015 | 1:03 AM ET

You're the real winner psychic, for being there in the flesh for that "glue sniffing, bat **** crazy, what the **** just happened" for a main card. 

"I am the real Nick Miller"

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

07.12.2015 | 2:34 AM ET

Just got back to my room.  Too tired for much captain (secretary...) stuff tonight.  

Yes, it's the Mendes poster, not the original Aldo one.  

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

07.12.2015 | 2:36 AM ET

Oh, and Dana announce yesterday at the Q and A that next fight week will be at the new area that should be open by then.  The week of July 2nd, for UFC 200... and he's planning on making it huge like UFC 100 was.  So... already planning my vacation next year.

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Maycee Barber Details Her ‘Scary’ Ordeal With Pneumonia After UFC 299
  • MMA Junkie : Jamall Emmers: Nate Landwehr being 'the opposite of me' will make for exciting UFC on ESPN 54 fight
  • MMA Mania : Bookies Back ‘Borz’ To Beat ‘Reaper’
  • MMA Junkie : John Dodson laments UFC pushing him to 135, thinks he'd knock out Alexandre Pantoja 'right now'
  • Middle Easy : Robert Whittaker vs. Khamzat Chimaev For No. 1 Contender To Headline UFC Saudi Arabia
  • Bad Left Hook : Predictions: Tszyu vs Fundora, Romero vs Cruz, and MUCH more!
  • MMAFighting.com : John Kavanagh questions Mike Tyson vs. Jake Paul: ‘I don’t think someone approaching 60 needs to be fighting’
  • Jits Magazine : ADCC North American West Coast Trials 2024 Full Preview
  • MMA Junkie : Robert Whittaker on fighting Khamzat Chimaev: 'I'm in a great headspace to take another hard fight'
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘This is a nice place to fight somebody’: Golfing with Mike Perry on the debut episode of Swing Rounds
  • MMA Mania : Luque Vs. Buckley Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction
  • MMA Junkie : UFC veterans in MMA and bareknuckle boxing action March 29-30
  • MMA Junkie : UFC announces multiyear deal for twice-annual events in Perth starting with UFC 305
  • MMA Mania : UFC 305 Headed Down Under To Perth
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Coach counters Daniel Cormier’s Islam Makhachev claim, says ‘nobody is more dangerous’ than Khabib Nurmagomedov
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 305 lands in Perth, Australia on Aug. 17
  • MMA Mania : Latest UFC Saudi Arabia Fight Card, ABC Lineup
  • MMA Mania : Never Mind! Colby Won’t Fight Down For Garry
  • Jits Magazine : UFC Star Jack Della Maddalena Promoted To BJJ Black Belt
  • UFC.com : Dana White Announces Main Event For UFC Saudi Arabia On June 22