Topic: Fantasy & Games

Destroy All Oddsbots 3: Beyond Thunderdome team thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

psychicdeath
psychicdeath
  • Predictions:  38,309  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,198
  • Post Score: 261

07.07.2015 | 12:19 AM ET

The draft is still ongoing, but with the first BLC event probably happening on Thursday, I figured I might as well put up a team thread now.

So far, the members are:

PsychicDeath
Outrageous
SoccerKick
Twister44
michigandolphin
Stay Ready
sreimuth

There should be two more drafted before the season starts.

My biggest thing this year is consistently making all picks.  I care less about scores than about individual scores, on the theory that teams who consistently get picks in do better in the long run.  Too many matches in past seasons have been lost due to missed picks, instead of someone just having bad picks on an event.  Getting a low score always beats a zero score.  I'll be posting the events, with times they lock, on your walls each week.  Please make picks as early as possible, then you can easily adjust them closer to fight time.  Sometimes things happen (illness, working late, car accident, whatever) that might prevent you from picking a few hours before fight time.  Better to have mediocre picks in early and not get a chance to adjust them than to miss picking altogether.  I'll try not to nag, but if you still haven't picked the day before an event, expect a gentle reminder.

Now, for the team logo.  I planned to have a simple logo with the Thunderdome from Mad Max, with Godzilla looming over it.  I probably won't have time to get to it though, since I have no photoshop skills, and it's too complicated for my MS Paint basics.  I really don't have time to learn photoshop in the next two days, since I fly to Vegas on Thursday for Fight Week.  Anyone good at photoshop?  I assume it's a pretty easy project for someone who knows the program.

Oh, and bribes:  I'll try to pick up some swag at the UFC Fan Expo - poster, t-shirt, whatever, and hopefully signed by whatever fighters I can waylay- for whoever has the best record of making all picks for the season. (Not for highest score, although if I can get a few items, that may be on the table, too)  If there's a tie for making all picks, all season, the winner will be chosen out of a hat.

That the basics for now.  Any thoughts?

"I shall not cause harm to any vehicle nor the personal contents thereof, nor through inaction let that vehicle or the personal contents thereof come to harm. It's what I call the Repo Code, kid. "

Responses Page 10

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

09.09.2015 | 9:55 PM ET

Vote is final.  There are seven events this week, that get added to last week's UFC to decide both our week 9 and week 10 matches.  Several daytime events Saturday, so get your picks in early.

Legacy FC 45  Friday evening, currently locks at 7:30 PM ET Friday

Absolute Championship Berkut 22  Saturday morning/afternoon, currently locks at 8 AM ET Saturday

Jungle Fight 81  Saturday afternoon/evening, currently locks at 3 PM ET Saturday
Face to Face 12  Saturday afternoon/evening, currently locks at 4:30 PM ET Saturday

Aspera FC 24  Saturday afternoon/evening, currently locks at 4;30 pm ET Saturday

Invicta FC 14  Saturday night, currently locks at 9 PM ET Saturday

VTJ 7th Saturday night/Sunday morning Currently locks at 11 PM ET Saturday

Also, I could use a berserker this week.  It will count for next week which could be our season finale.  Most likely we'll be in the Toilet Bowl to try to avoid ending the season in last place.  I'll get the BLC events picked tonight, and as many of the weekend competition events as I can, but I'm on the road this weekend.  Tonight's hotel has wifi, but I'm told the hotel for the rest of the weekend might not, so I can't safely make myself berserker again.

"I shall not cause harm to any vehicle nor the personal contents thereof, nor through inaction let that vehicle or the personal contents thereof come to harm. It's what I call the Repo Code, kid. "

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

09.14.2015 | 10:15 PM ET

Regular season is over.  I haven't tallied the scores for the last two events, and since they're combined with two week's scores and berserkers, etc., there's too much chance I'd screw it up.  I figured I'd wait until Toll gets the official scores out.  We needed a miracle to make the playoffs anyway.

I did do a quick run-through of the season's events, and it looks like only Follow the Money made every pick this season.  I ended up missing three picks myself since I was without internet service in the boondocks since Thursday, and there were a few late changes to Aspera on Friday that I couldn't pick.

So, Follow the Money wins a $50 gift certificate to the UFC store, and his choice of either a UFC 189 poster or a Pride FC T-shirt.

Twister 44 ,missed picking only 2 fights all season for second place, and wins whichever of the poster or T-shirt Follow doesn't select.

* Edited at 09.14.2015, 10:44 PM ET *

shot2thesac
shot2thesac
  • Predictions:  20,255  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,306
  • Post Score: 137

09.14.2015 | 10:32 PM ET

^That's a cool captain, right there...

"#KnockersSucsk -- Gaycism is wrong -- Everything is YOSSholm"

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

09.14.2015 | 10:43 PM ET

Thanks.  Although a tired and tempermental ex-captain at the end of a rough season.  Just snapped at some people questioning my event vote.  But the stress is receding now, since I've decided that there will be no Destroy All Oddsbots 4.  Going back to the easy life of just being on someone else's team next time.

Griffy
Griffy
  • Predictions:  38,656  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2,503
  • Post Score: 297

09.15.2015 | 1:45 AM ET

For what it's worth psychicdeath, I enjoyed my time on the original Destroy All Oddsbots!

"I think Gayffy suits you better, because you are gay." - Nomad

michigandolphin
michigandolphin
  • Predictions:  25,001  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,973

09.15.2015 | 10:10 AM ET

Yep, I agree. Thought you were a fine captain. My schedule wound up being crazy and I had to travel for almost a month straight. I feel it hindered my picks, so I apologize. Good work though Psychic. 

"Frig off, bud"

Follow The Money
Follow The Money
  • Predictions:  5,951  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,031
  • Post Score: 150

09.15.2015 | 3:16 PM ET

Yep cool captain, what kind of Pride shirt is it? I own a few.  Also what size? I'll be a cool team player about the prize.
psychicdeath
psychicdeath

09.15.2015 | 7:09 PM ET

Here's the poster (well, my copy - the one I'm sending is still rolled up. No frame will be included

Front of shirt.  Shirt size is Large.

Back of shirt

Follow The Money
Follow The Money
  • Predictions:  5,951  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,031
  • Post Score: 150

09.16.2015 | 1:00 AM ET

I'll take the poster.
psychicdeath
psychicdeath

09.16.2015 | 12:49 PM ET

Certificate sent.  I'll get shipping supplies for the shirt and poster tonight and mail them tomorrow.  I still need Twister44's shipping address, though.

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

09.17.2015 | 10:51 PM ET

Here are the events for this week's Toilet Bowl:

1.  WSOF 23
2.  Bellator 142
3.  BAMMA 22
4.  Titan FC 35
5.  M-1 61
6.  RFA 30
7.  XFCi 11

Page 10

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Borralho Vs. Craig Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction
  • MMA Mania : Inspirational Pereira ‘Not Worried’ About Legacy Talk
  • MMA Mania : White ‘Probably A Little Mad’ About McGregor BKFC Deal
  • MMAFighting.com : Jairzinho Rozenstruik plans to reconnect with ‘my real power source’ in Suriname, return against a top heavyweight
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva will keep 'unreachable' callout secret for one more fight after UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Make After UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Maker After UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Junkie : Ketlen Souza unwilling to take breaks after scoring first octagon win at UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMAFighting.com : Bogdan Guskov promises to keep delivering exciting fights after UFC Vegas 91 win: ‘I love blood’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Maheshate felt 'extra burden' after consecutive losses
  • MMA Mania : Covington On ‘Nobody’ Garry: ‘He’s Not Serious’
  • MMAFighting.com : Bryan Barberena announces UFC exit, calls for ‘real brawler’ BKFC battle with Mike Perry
  • MMA Junkie : Austin Hubbard admits he was 'super nervous, stressed out' before UFC on ESPN 55 win
  • MMA Junkie : Charly Arnolt details historic impromptu UFC cage announcer role: 'I was scared of messing up'
  • MMAFighting.com : Paddy Pimblett responds to UFC 300 callouts from Renato Moicano, Bobby Green
  • MMA Junkie : 'LokDog' Vinicius Oliveira gets Ricky Simon in first fight since UFC Knockout of the Year candidate
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Don'Tale Mayes wants quick return on hometown Louisville card
  • MMA Mania : ‘My Style, It’s Worst Style For This Guy Dustin’
  • MMAFighting.com : Thiago Alves retires from combat sports after Mike Perry knockout loss at KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Ryan Garcia shows Colby Covington left hooks after Donald Trump meetup in Florida