Tapology Forums

Is it finally time to admit Fedor was grossly overrated?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

theMMAmessiah
theMMAmessiah
  • Predictions:  7,993  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  8,433
  • Post Score: 103

02.22.2015 | 11:09 PM ET

Not that he wasn't good for his time, not that he didn't accomplish a lot. But the fact is there were ZERO good HW's when he was dominating Pride. And this entire fandom talked about him like he was a god. It was laughable to even suggest he could lose. And this is what I'm referring too.

Can the old time Pride boys, finally, just come to this thread, lower their head, and admit that Fedor perhaps WASN'T that good??????

I mean jesus how much more ******* proof do you need?

Responses Page 5

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones
  • Predictions:  40,133  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,674
  • Post Score: 286

02.24.2015 | 11:42 AM ET

Every time someone who beat Fedor loses a fight from now until the end of time it's somehow evidence that Fedor sucked. The Bigfoot that fought Frank Mir looked like an absolute shell of himself. Probably because he's no longer on TRT or ***ever it was he got suspended for after the Mark Hunt fight. He got dropped and KO'd by Frank Mir instantly after having a 25 minute war with Mark ******' Hunt and taking some of his best shots. Is it finally time to admit PEDs make a huge difference in performance? Where was this thread when Werdum became interim champ? The same Werdum that fought at HW when Fedor did (AKA when there were no good HWs). I'll play devil's advocate to some degree here though. People who say Fedor was oh so great with submissions and would sub Cain need to pump the brakes and look at the guys Fedor subbed in his career. A bunch of guys who ******* SUCK on the ground. The only halfway decent fighter @ BJJ that he subbed was Matt Lindland who fought Fedor in a HW fight at 212 lbs, because **** it. The few times Fedor fought guys that were on his level BJJ wise (Arona, Nog, Werdum) he won by decision a few times, had a no contest, and got subbed in a minute. Fedor didn't have the greatest takedown defense, but was elite standing and on the ground. The thing that set him apart from other fighters was his fight IQ. He didn't do dumb ****. If he was fighting a guy he had an advantage standing with (which was roughly 99% of the time) he stood with them, but if they were garbage on the ground he wouldn't hesitate to sambo the **** out of them and then take a limb or their neck. His gigantic streak of wins being at HW is a pro and con on him at the same time in the GOAT talks IMO. He was a wrecking machine no doubt, but it was against HWs (some good, some not so good) who are notoriously less technical than smaller fighters, but at the same time it was at HW where one punch can end a fight instantly. I still consider Anderson and GSP better than Fedor. I don't care that Anderson tested positive for PEDs in his last fight either. If you think Fedor was clean while fighting in Pride just because he didn't look juiced, you're wrong, and you should feel ashamed. Hey, maybe that's why when he fought for Strikeforce he looked mediocre, because all of a sudden passing a piss test became part of the game. But to attempt to take credit away from what he accomplished because a guy who beat him coming off of PEDs got KO'd is dumb. 
Fujita had him on skates though.

IMO a fight between Cain and Fedor would look like the fight between Fedor and Randleman without the comeback after the suplex. Fedor would get maimed. As for now, he is still easily the HW GOAT based on accomplishments, and arguably one of the top fighters ever. I'll let Wikipedia explain why:

Emelianenko began his MMA career on May 21, 2000, with four straight victories, including a win over ADCC champion Ricardo Arona, which is considered one of his toughest fights in his career. Then came a controversial loss to Tsuyoshi Kohsaka on December 22, 2000. In his next 28 fights up until June 26, 2010 Emelianenko was unbeaten, including wins over four former UFC champions, one Pride FC champion, one former and two future K-1 champions and two former Olympic medalists. During this period he defeated eleven top-10 ranked fighters (two of them twice), in addition to winning a rematch against Kohsaka.
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 5 months, 3 weeks, 2 days, 15 hours, and 28 minutes from now.
Itzz_Amii
Itzz_Amii
  • Predictions:  65  |  49.2%
  • Forum Posts:  78
  • Post Score: -97

02.24.2015 | 11:59 AM ET

are fedor fans gay or do they just enjoy being on fedors **** ?

* Edited at 02.24.2015, 12:00 PM ET *

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones

02.24.2015 | 12:03 PM ET

I think it's that they weren't single digits years old when he was in his prime. Possibly. 
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 5 months, 3 weeks, 2 days, 15 hours, and 28 minutes from now.
Itzz_Amii
Itzz_Amii

02.24.2015 | 12:16 PM ET

so he isnt in his prime in videos ? o right funny how that works  sad as **** that half the people here would drink his piss then people that are not fans are noobs or kids its a trend  didnt every say he was **** until i trolled the **** riders he has infact i said he was good in his time of not the best of his time but thats not good enough i have too suck his **** too if i want too fit in

sure someone even said oooh say you like pride if i want to fit in and thats fedor also 

im done on this subjact its sad as **** how people act over a person they have never met 

its my view right or wrong i dont give a **** if fedor gave a **** he would of went to the UFC too shut people like me up instead he went to strikeforce and lost anyway

now leave me out of this and stop staliking my page you creepers

this isnt aimed at anyone but who its aimed at will know :)
Itzz_Amii
Itzz_Amii

02.24.2015 | 12:18 PM ET

fedor in his prime was an elite heavyweight in his day!!!!!

today in 2015 fedor  would never get ufc gold and would be lucky to be in the top 5!!!!!!!!

At lightheavyweight who knows
Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

02.24.2015 | 12:21 PM ET

You didn't know who Fedor was until this thread was made and you looked him up.

EDIT: Stupid hoe.

* Edited at 02.24.2015, 12:21 PM ET *

"الله أكبرl"

Itzz_Amii
Itzz_Amii

02.24.2015 | 12:23 PM ET

I dont care if i didnt know who he is i watched all his fights and can make my own mind up and  dont need pricks like Anikm telling me what too think

Yes pal call me a how a silly little boy like would would not be able to come up with anything new 

Fedor fans are like a jehovah witness and thats all i will say
Itzz_Amii
Itzz_Amii

02.24.2015 | 12:24 PM ET

LETS FOLLOW THE TREAD FEDOR CAN I SUCK YOUR **** PLEASE AND BEE LIKE ANIKM
Itzz_Amii
Itzz_Amii

02.24.2015 | 12:25 PM ET

bet Anikm is gonna send pics too be funny for him next  he seems like the type
Itzz_Amii
Itzz_Amii

02.24.2015 | 12:26 PM ET

Ps anik im still a virgin and have no kids your mum  has had you so i wonder what it makes that hoe 
shot2thesac
shot2thesac
  • Predictions:  20,255  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,306
  • Post Score: 137

02.24.2015 | 12:26 PM ET

I really admire you @AnikM, let's go to the school for the blind and throw rocks at children.

"#KnockersSucsk -- Gaycism is wrong -- Everything is YOSSholm"

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones

02.24.2015 | 12:28 PM ET

today in 2015 fedor  would never get ufc gold and would be lucky to be in the top 5!!!!!!!!

Yeah, he's almost 40, so there's that. If you're saying that his skills wouldn't translate to today, you might be slow. World champion in sambo, BJJ black belt, and able to outstrike K1 champions with ease. Yeah, he'd be a gatekeeper now. It has nothing to do with "fitting in". It has to do with common sense. I'm not a huge Fedor fan, and I realize that his fanbase is as extreme as it gets, but the guy was extremely elite. You said so in your own post so, *** is the argument you're trying to make? Also, I'm telling your mom about all the sexual stuff you've said on here and you'll be grounded from the internet for at least 2 weeks.
Anik
Anik

02.24.2015 | 12:29 PM ET

You watched 35 fights in the span of 24 hours.

Yes I know you can make up your own mind, I'm not stopping you from that. All I'm saying is that for someone as dumb as you, you shouldn't trust your abilities to 'make up your own mind'.

Fedor fans are like Jehovah Witnesses?...what does that even mean? I would have came up with that when I was 11...and you're 16...

"الله أكبرl"

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones

02.24.2015 | 12:33 PM ET

Anik
Anik

02.24.2015 | 12:34 PM ET

@shot2thesac I'd curb stomp one of those little ******s real quick.

@Itzz_Amii what in the actual **** are you saying? Virginity? Sucking ****? Send pics?

Did your dad leave you or something? It would explain your ridiculously unhealthy (and borderline incestual) relationship with your brothers. 

"الله أكبرl"

Itzz_Amii
Itzz_Amii

02.24.2015 | 12:36 PM ET

Anik is a ****** probs fights with alot of people here since his head is that for up his own arse
Itzz_Amii
Itzz_Amii

02.24.2015 | 12:37 PM ET

YOU CALLED ME A HOE

A VIRGIN CANNOT BE A HOE

GET OVER YOURSELF **** YOU **** CANADA
poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

02.24.2015 | 12:39 PM ET

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

Itzz_Amii
Itzz_Amii

02.24.2015 | 12:40 PM ET

Mike tyson would kill fedor hahahahaha 
Anik
Anik

02.24.2015 | 12:42 PM ET

@Itzz_Ahoe you sound mad.

EDIT: I think all of the posts that you made sound very defensive, which should serve as further confirmation of your hoe-status.

* Edited at 02.24.2015, 12:43 PM ET *

"الله أكبرl"

Page 5

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Haney Requests Garcia Rematch Because ‘Weight Played A Role’ In Defeat
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill Brutally Honest On UFC 300 Regrets, Who Should Be Next For Alex Pereira
  • MMA Mania : Return Of The Bare Knuckle King
  • MMA Mania : PFL MENA Inaugural Event Set For May 10 In Riyadh
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive – Jamahal Hill Talks ‘Crazy’ BMF Title Clash at UFC 300, Comments on Ryan Garcia’s Epic Troll Job
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping warns Michael Chandler not to underestimate Conor McGregor: 'Can't be drunk on your own ego'
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Prograis says karma caught up to Haney in Garcia fight
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Regis Prograis says karma caught up to Devin Haney
  • MMA Mania : ‘Stop Running!’ Vieira Claims Harrison Declined UFC 303 Fight Offer
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill On Fighting Khalil Rountree So Soon At UFC 303, Rejecting A Main Event
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva explains how fast UFC rise was actually deceivingly long
  • MMA Junkie : Marlon Vera calls out Petr Yan for November showdown after he previously 'declined,' Yan fires back
  • MMA Mania : VIDEO: Strongman Hall Breaks Pereira Punch Record ... Kind Of
  • MMAFighting.com : Coach Rafael Cordeiro: Beneil Dariush took time off after repeated head trauma in 2023
  • UFC.com : It’s Not Just Winning For Victor Henry, It’s How He Wins
  • MMA Junkie : Title or not, Jamahal Hill says Alex Pereira rematch has to happen
  • MMA Mania : Video: Hill Praises Pereira’s ‘Gritty’ UFC 300 Ref Block
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Mike Perry, Thiago Alves engage in tense faceoff ahead of BKFC KnuckleMania IV showdown
  • MMA Junkie : Video: BKFC KnuckleMania 4 press conference faceoffs featuring UFC vets Mike Perry, Thiago Alves
  • MMA Junkie : Uros Medic: 'Somebody is going to get oiled up' if I get snubbed of bonus at UFC on ESPN 55