Topic: ONE FC 24

ONE FC 24: Dynasty of Champions Discussion Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

12.18.2014 | 12:06 PM ET

This one definitely isn't as strong as their last show, but hey, it's MMA!

Picks lock early in the East Friday morning. 

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

ONE FC 24
  • Friday 12.19.2014 at 06:00 AM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: Internet Stream
  • Promotion: ONE Championship
  • Ownership: ONE Fighting Championship
  • Venue: Olympic Sports Center Gymnasium
  • Enclosure: Cage
  • TV Announcers: Steve Dawson, Jason Chambers
  • Ring Announcer: Anthony Suntay, Lenne Hardt
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Jason Chambers
  • MMA Bouts: 10
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Xian Ji   defeats   Yadong Song   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Adrian Pang   defeats   Vincent Latoel   via Submission, Guillotine Choke   2:15 Round 3 of 3, 12:15 Total Bout Page
Kaiwen Li   defeats   Ya Wei Wang   via Decision, Unanimous   2 Rounds, 10:00 Total Bout Page
Weibin Li   defeats   Wang Wei   via Decision, Unanimous   2 Rounds, 10:00 Total Bout Page
Michał Pasternak   defeats   Rafael Silva   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Ariel Sexton   defeats   Anvar Alizhanov   via Submission, Inverted Triangle-keylock   3:18 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Ya Wei Wang   defeats   Li Gen   via KO/TKO, Punches and Elbows   2:26 Round 1 of 2 Bout Page
Kaiwen Li   defeats   Nannan He   via KO/TKO, Punches   2:19 Round 1 of 2 Bout Page
Wang Wei   defeats   Xu Liu   via Decision, Unanimous   2 Rounds, 10:00 Total Bout Page
Weibin Li   defeats   Yijie Hao   via Submission, Armbar   2:51 Round 1 of 2 Bout Page

Responses

skelliher
skelliher

12.18.2014 | 10:53 PM ET

Le Bump.

Kuma
Kuma
  • Predictions:  40,051  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,845
  • Post Score: 210

12.19.2014 | 1:13 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 8 Winners, 2 Perfect, 405 Points   |   Tied for 9th with 1 other

Who's watching this?Anyone actually excited about it?Personally i'm not ecstatic but for sure looking forward to it.The main card fights aren't anything special but on paper they are fun and i'm always down for a few one night tourny's even if it's just semi's and finals in two different classes with guys that have very little to no experience.Much like Invicta,One FC has found some decent talent with no or almost no pro experience.There's always some fun/drama in multiple fights in one night and I miss that.

I remember years ago thinking Pang could be something special,it'll be intereresting to see him back and not in a gimme fight either.The resurgence of Vincent Latoel after 4 years off was unexpected as far as how good he is when considering the evolution of the sport.He's 15-15 but he's not only a dangerous guy, he's very exciting to watch and pretty much gives no ****s when fighting and cleaned up some obvious holes.He's pretty much a badass now and his record can be thrown out the window imo.The main event should be fun but Ji really hasn't been too active and overall the final 4 fights are pretty much the main event also imo.

Sexton was known as an up and comer,close ties with the Renzo Gracie camp and Gracies in general make people notice but realistically he hasn't been too active and that's a good way to kill some momentum as far as people keeping an eye on you.Either way he's still a player in One FC's LW division and putting away one of One fc's poster boys in Peter Davis really solidified his spot as someone to watch out for but the loss to Shalorus for sure slowed the momentum.Still young'ish in his career It sucks but Shalorus is a bit of a monster. Willi Ni pulled out of their fight but I can't exactly say i'm disappointed,I don't think that highly of Ni and Sexton getting an undefeated Dagastani out of the AKA Thailand team that's been looking great sounds better to me..short notice but still better.

Undefeated Pasternek looks like he has some potential on paper but i'm pretty lame and didn't find the time to study footage which I usually do before talking about anyone.I did however poke around a bit and he's fought some real cans and I was thinking Silva would probably pull off the upset.After the weigh ins though ...jesus Pasternek looks like he's 2 weight classes above Silva.Silva is a veteran though,he's slick and solid in all areas so i'm expecting a real war here and this is an intriguing fight to me.Maybe someone can give me a good rundown on Michal?Overall it's not the best event but there are reasons to watch and the tournament is fun despite the experience of the competitors.

A lot of people don't realize that year after year it seems there's a layoff in good fights in the smaller orgs at this time.2nd weekend of December being the cut off date in general,possibly a good NYE even (Deep event this year is ******* amazing) and then usually things don't pick up till mid february,if I remember correctly beginning of this year there was nothing till the weekend of the 28th.There's a Bellator and WSOF the weekend of Jan 16th (I think) but really other than that and the deep event we are looking at 2 months without anything big that's non ufc.So with that said i'm going to focus on appreciating this semi-lame One FC and this really good Titan card that's taken some tough hits these last few days but still solid.

I'll be watching the One fc as it happens as long as I don't get called into work.There isn't a private message function on this site is there?

* Edited at 12.19.2014, 1:18 AM ET *

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones
  • Predictions:  40,133  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,674
  • Post Score: 286

12.19.2014 | 5:04 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 8 Winners, 1 Perfect, 315 Points   |   Tied for 35th with 2 others

Someone needs to close the picks. The fights are about to start.
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 5 months, 1 week, 4 days, 8 hours, and 19 minutes from now.
CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones
  • Predictions:  40,133  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,674
  • Post Score: 286

12.19.2014 | 5:09 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 8 Winners, 1 Perfect, 315 Points   |   Tied for 35th with 2 others

Annnnd first fight is underway.
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 5 months, 1 week, 4 days, 8 hours, and 19 minutes from now.
Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,482  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

12.19.2014 | 5:51 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 8 Winners, 2 Perfect, 440 Points   |   3rd Place

Started earlier than I expected, missed a fight or 2. Stream kind of sucks.

Stream looks much better now after they took it down for a few minutes

* Edited at 12.19.2014, 6:29 AM ET *

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232

12.19.2014 | 8:18 AM ET

Results

ONE FC 24: Dynasty of Champions Results:
Li Wei Bin def. Hao Yi Jie via submission (armbar) – Round 1, 2:51
Wang Wei def. Liu Xu via unanimous decision
Li Kai Wen def. He Nan Nan via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 2:41
Wang Ya Wei def. Li Gen via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 2:26
Ariel Sexton def. Anvar Alizhanov via submission (reverse triangle armbar) – Round 1, 3:18
Michal Pasternal def. Rafael Silva via unanimous decision
Li Wei Bin def. Wang Wei via unanimous decision
Li Kai Wen def. Wang Ya Wei via unanimous decision

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

Kpro
Kpro
  • Predictions:  11,208  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,927
  • Post Score: 255

12.19.2014 | 9:02 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 8 Winners, 2 Perfect, 365 Points   |   22nd Place

Did the event lock before the fights started?

Adrian Pang def. Vincent Latoel via submission (guillotine choke) - Round 3, 2:15
Xian Ji def. Yadong Song via unanimous decision

* Edited at 12.19.2014, 9:04 AM ET *

"I Stab Waterbeds!"

skelliher
skelliher

12.19.2014 | 9:04 AM ET

I'm on it. Picks locked at 530am. 

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,482  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

12.19.2014 | 9:05 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 8 Winners, 2 Perfect, 440 Points   |   3rd Place

Ji and Song put on an instant Chinese MMA classic, fun event overall. Even the tournament winners showed some potential being only 18 and 19 years old.

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

Detroit Superstar
Detroit Superstar
  • Predictions:  11,385  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,331
  • Post Score: 161

12.19.2014 | 9:08 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 8 Winners, 1 Perfect, 325 Points   |   28th Place

Thanks for posting the results fellas!!!

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : ‘They tried but no lie stands’: Ryan Garcia claims vindication in PED scandal
  • MMA Junkie : Aspen Ladd excited with switch from PFL to Bellator, still aims to become champion
  • Jits Magazine : Helena Crevar Signs Exclusive UK Contract With Polaris
  • MMA Junkie : Colby Covington now open to Belal Muhammad matchup, 'super intrigued' by Khamzat Chimaev
  • MMAFighting.com : Report: Ryan Garcia cleared for 1 banned substance, Devin Haney responds
  • MMAFighting.com : The MMA Hour with Chael Sonnen, Mike Perry, Anthony Smith, and Cory Sandhagen at 1 p.m. ET
  • MMA Mania : Predictions, Odds, Analysis! UFC St. Louis, X-Factor
  • MMA Junkie : Sean O'Malley thinks Conor McGregor is jealous of him, open to 'legendary' fight at lightweight
  • MMA Mania : Further Drug Testing Clears ‘King Ryan’ Of Nandrolone Use
  • MMA Mania : New UFC Deal With Saudi Arabia Includes ‘Big’ Event In 2025
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Garcia still denies PED use but says he fought Devin Haney while 'high as f*ck'
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Sean O’Malley willing to move up to lightweight for ‘legendary’ Conor McGregor fight
  • MMA Mania : Bare Knuckle Bonanza! BYB Acquires UK-Based BKB
  • Jits Magazine : IBJJF San Jose Spring Open 2024 Produces Entertaining Highlights
  • Jits Magazine : 20 BJJ Basics, Concepts And Philosophy You Must Know
  • Bad Left Hook : Charlo finally stripped of WBC middleweight title, Adames elevated
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Dana White Busts FedEX Driver In NYC
  • Middle Easy : Colby Covington Denies Receiving Contract Offer for Ian Garry Fight: ‘He’s Trying to Get Clickbait’
  • Middle Easy : Sean O’Malley Paid More in Taxes Than He Made From Fighting in the UFC Last Year
  • MMA Junkie : USA TODAY Sports/MMA Junkie rankings, May 7: Jose Aldo returns to top 10