Tapology Forums

Nick Diaz video coming up with his fight vs Gsp.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

08.03.2011 | 2:51 PM ET

its going to be from youtube.

Responses Page 6

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

08.05.2011 | 11:32 PM ET

if the unthinkable happens i want a rematch vs diego "the dream" sanchez. i see a great fight but diaz gets his revenge.
wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

08.07.2011 | 7:26 PM ET

now this is an exciting video.
jaykool777
jaykool777
  • Predictions:  25,528  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,654
  • Post Score: 158

08.07.2011 | 7:46 PM ET

I'm going to be cheering for Diaz, but we all know GSP is going to win.

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

08.07.2011 | 7:51 PM ET

i don't know that. gsp is not perfection. he certainly could make a mistake. diaz is coming out (entrance music)to billy joel's "pressure"
xbassistdoodx
xbassistdoodx
  • Predictions:  2,546  |  56.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,218
  • Post Score: 104

08.07.2011 | 7:54 PM ET

He should come out to "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go"! Because he's going to sleep in front of everyone! Whether it be because of a KO or with GSP as a blanket!

* Edited at 08.07.2011, 7:55 PM ET *

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants" - Isaac Newton

jaykool777
jaykool777

08.07.2011 | 7:56 PM ET

@ wolfman - you know as much as anybody that I would love it if Diaz won, and I'm not saying that it couldn't happen, but if the fight goes the way I think it will play out, then we're going to see GSP win another decision. All I know, is that I hope that this one is a fight, and not some wrestlefest, lay 'n' pray, wall 'n' stall bullsh*t!!!!

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

08.07.2011 | 8:00 PM ET

@xbass. george michael of "wham" fame says diaz is gonna beatdown gsp. 
wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

08.07.2011 | 8:01 PM ET

@jaykool. if gsp thinks he will even do one round of that expect 12,000 fans to boo him unmercifully.
xbassistdoodx
xbassistdoodx

08.07.2011 | 8:03 PM ET

@wolf, I can only imagine that if George Michaels actually liked MMA, he would LOVE GSP's lay n pray style, if you catch my drift!

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants" - Isaac Newton

jaykool777
jaykool777

08.07.2011 | 8:04 PM ET

@ wolfman - If I get what I'm after, I might be one them at the arena, but if I can't get the tix, then I'll be watching on PPV screaming on this site, and in my living room yelling at the TV. If think I don't like GSP now, wait and see how I feel about him if he does that sh*t.

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

08.07.2011 | 8:04 PM ET

@wolf I don't think GSP would care if 12,000 fans boo him...especially since all 12,000 of them would go up to him and be like "you're the best can I get a picture with you!?!"

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

08.07.2011 | 8:08 PM ET

GSP has NEVER done the lay n pray thing in any fight. He's constantly working for better position or a sub or looking to rain down punches on his opponet. This is not even a debatable subject.

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

08.07.2011 | 8:09 PM ET

since my girlfriend and i will be in attendance i will be whipping out a poster of gsp in his speedos(a white one too) to distract him just for a moment so diaz can knock him out cold. lol. :- }

* Edited at 08.07.2011, 8:09 PM ET *

t0rch
t0rch
  • Predictions:  5,787  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,658
  • Post Score: 208

08.07.2011 | 8:10 PM ET

Is it the same poster you have hanging on the wall above your bed?

"I would agree with you, but then we would both be wrong."

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

08.07.2011 | 8:14 PM ET

close. we use it as are welcome mat at our front door. our dogs do lick it clean. :- }

* Edited at 08.07.2011, 8:15 PM ET *

xbassistdoodx
xbassistdoodx

08.07.2011 | 9:24 PM ET

@p4p, GSP does work towards TKO and subs, you're right

jaykool777
jaykool777

08.07.2011 | 10:09 PM ET

@ p4pgoat - you know that I just plain and simply don't like GSP. I know he's a good fighter, probably the best fighter in the world, and he does work, but the reason I don't like his fighting style is because he always plays it safe. The man has fought in his last 5 fights to a UD. He's only had two finishes since his loss to Matt Serra. Yes, they were dominate decisions, but exciting. NO. Sorry bro, but I don't like point fighters and fighters who are content to just play it safe in order to get the win. That's what killed boxing. Tip tap point fighters afraid to get hit, or leave everything on the line to keep what makes the fans come to see the fight.................excitement.

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

xbassistdoodx
xbassistdoodx

08.07.2011 | 10:36 PM ET

Ehh, professional fighting is a sport, and point fighting is fine by me. If you're good enough to beat a point fighter you are truly a good fighter. Watching two people scrap is fun, but I want technicality in my fights. Otherwise I'd just watch Brazilian bbare knuckle fights.

jaykool777
jaykool777

08.07.2011 | 10:51 PM ET

GSP vs. Nick Diaz 10-Point Breakdown

Wolfmanhowl asked me to do this, and I know many of you love and appreciate my 10-point breakdowns, while many of you don't. The fun thing about these, is that it's just my opinion, and more than likely completely debatable. Anyways, without further delay, here is my 10-point breakdown for GSP vs. Nick Diaz.

1. Mental Edge/Confidence/Gameplan - When it comes to being a cerebral assassin, there is noone better than Nick Diaz. Inside and outside of the cage, ring, or wherever the fight takes place Diaz knows how to get into his opponent's head, throw them out of their gameplans and comfort zones, and taunt his opposition. GSP is always confident in himself and his ability, but when it comes to overall mental strength GSP has had problems in this area. This area has been GSP's achilles heel in his losses to Matt Hughes and Matt Serra, and was almost his demise in his last fight against Jake Shields. It is in this area where Diaz could be the biggest threat to GSP. When comes to preparation and gameplan, there is noone better than GSP. He studies his opponents, figures out how to expose their weaknesses, finds new methods of training to push himself to become a better fighter, and push the pace further and faster than any other fighter in MMA. If I was to break this up into 3 seperate categories, Mental Edge would go to Diaz, Confidence would be dead even, and Gameplan would go to GSP. The mental edge area I think gives Nick Diaz a very slight advantage. GSP 8/10, Diaz 9/10

2. Experience/Level of Opposition - Nick Diaz has fought 32 fights, and GSP has fought 24. Both fighters are riding some very impressive win streaks. Diaz with 10, and GSP with 9. Both have faced some very tough opposition, but I honestly believe that GSP has faced the better opposition consistantly, and let's not forget GSP is the current, most dominate, defending UFC WW Champion of the World. Yes, Nick Diaz is the Strikeforce WW Champion, but we all know that the UFC has the best talent pool of fighters in the world. The number of fights definitely goes in Diaz's favor, and he's had some big wins over some very well-known, tough opposition, but GSP has faced the better opposition period. The advantage is in GSP's corner here. GSP 10/10, Diaz 9/10

3. Heart/Determination to Win - This is an area that could go either way. Nick Diaz is one tough fighter who always has the true determination to win, but if GSP, dominates the fight, pushes the paces, and take Diaz down at will, can Diaz still find the will to win? GSP has been known to lose his heart in fights at times as well. If Diaz tags him with a good shot, will GSP want or be able to continue, or will he lose his will to win? I think that Diaz has a slight advantage here. GSP 8/10, Diaz 9/10

4. Stamina/Cardio - There is no doubt both fighters have no problem going a 5 round distance, and still remaining just as fresh in the 5th round as in the 1st, but GSP has a work ethic like no other fighter. He knows how to push the pace beyond what any fighter can handle. GSP has a clear cut advantage in this area here. If I could rank higher than 10, I would give GSP a 20 in this category here, but my point system only goes to 10, so GSP 10/10, Diaz 9/10

5. Endurance/Toughness - Other than his TKO loss to Jeremy Jackson, and the highly contested doctor stoppage loss to KJ Noons (which he avenged both losses) Nick Diaz has never been finished. Both GSP's losses came in the first round. We all know that Diaz can take a punch. He's shown that against many fighters. GSP's chin and toughness is still somewhat questionable. I believe that Diaz has the advantage in this area here. GSP 8/10, Diaz 9/10

6. Overall Striking - Both fighters are very good technical strikers, but Diaz has some of the best boxing adapted for MMA. GSP is very quick and knows how to use every available strike in his arsenal. Some of them are very hard to defend. Just ask Matt Serra and Matt Hughes. However, I have to give Diaz the slight advantage in this area. GSP 9/10, Diaz 10/10

7. Wreslting/Overall Grappling - This is where GSP just plain and simply can completely dominate and control Nick Diaz. Diaz has some of the best BJJ adapted for MMA, but GSP has shown that his overall wrestling, BJJ, and grappling completely adapted for MMA. Nick Diaz's biggest weakness, is his wrestling and takedown defense. GSP 10/10, Diaz 8/10

8. BJJ/Overall Submissions - Nick Diaz trains with Gilbert Melendez, Jake Shields, his brother Nate Diaz, and is a product of Carlson Gracie. GSP has shown a ton of improvement in his overall BJJ game and submission defense, but this is where many have underestimated and forgotten that this is Nick Diaz's biggest weapon. GSP 9/10, Nick Diaz 10/10

9. Speed/Athleticism - With the best cardio, being one the most well-trained athletes, and becoming a pioneer and innovator of new training methods to make himself a better fighter GSP clearly takes the cake in this category, and GSP has the speed of a FW or quite possibly a BW. This is a man who walks around at about 200 lbs., and moves as quickly as a 135er. Massively clear cut advantage for GSP here. GSP 10/10, Diaz 8/10

10. Strength/Size - There is no doubt in my mind who the bigger, stronger fighter is here. GSP has overpowered fighters like Matt Hughes, Josh Kosccheck, Frank Trigg, Jon Fitch, and Sean Sherk. Diaz has had problems with fighters like Diego Sanchez, Sean Sherk, and Joe Riggs. Fighters who I believe aren't anywhere near as strong or as big as GSP. Massive advanatage for GSP. GSP 10/10, Diaz 7/10

Overall Score - Georges "Rush" St. Pierre = 92/100, Nick Diaz = 88/100

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

jaykool777
jaykool777

08.07.2011 | 10:55 PM ET

Technicality is fine, but there's a fine line for me. That's just me though. I love brawls, tactical wars, and chess matches, but when I see one fighter playing it safe everytime I watch them fight, I tend to lose respect for them. Again, I like excitement, and I also have to have to be a fan of the fighter. Otherwise, I'll find everythin wrong with them, and let's face it...............I just don't like GSP, and I probably never will. Hell, I couldn't stand Muhammad Ali, but he was one of the greatest fighters of all time, but yet I was a huge fan of Marvelous Marvin Hagler. Isn't that too nutty? LOL

* Edited at 08.07.2011, 10:56 PM ET *

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

Page 6

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC Fight Night Tapology coverage is now live
  • In between bouts, waiting for next fight to begin.
  • Join the UFC Fight Night live discussion
  • UFC Fight Night features 11 MMA bouts
  • The event takes place from UFC Apex in Las Vegas, Nevada