Tapology Forums

Nick Diaz video coming up with his fight vs Gsp.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

08.03.2011 | 2:51 PM ET

its going to be from youtube.

Responses Page 12

BodyModifier
BodyModifier
  • Predictions:  21  |  61.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,608
  • Post Score: 152

08.19.2011 | 9:20 PM ET

One thing I really love about Diaz. Is he can stay calm/collective in the cage and relaxed. That helps with his striking and his over all game. So he doesn't gas easily by being tense and letting his emotions run high. GSP on the other hand fights very well but seems to be tense, and his strikes seem to be very well technically but he's not fluid. If he learned to relax a bit more and be aggressive when he should. He could do a lot of damage like he use to when he stood and banged. Unfortunately I think he worries about a counter and does just enough when he's jabbing or from a far. He then uses his wrestling if he starts getting into trouble. Since the Serra fight of course this has happened. But with Diaz/GSP...I expect GSP to show case the skills he use to show and killer instinct. Or he'll lose. He can't fight too safe because Diaz will pressure him a lot in the stand up and will be patient every round until something happens. George needs to really be prepared or it can go either way.

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

BodyModifier
BodyModifier

08.19.2011 | 9:32 PM ET

I know novelty to read, but I also think GSP is learning. He hasn't even reached his full potential. That's the crazy part about it all. He's learning from Freddy Roach still so I'd imagine he's patching up some rough spots. Like that looping right hand he was trying to hit on Shields. He likes to strike from far because he doesn't want to stand in front of his opponent. Obviously I think he's afraid of getting knocked out and doesn't believe in his power. He doesn't want to get tagged like Serra did to him. In this fight if Mr.Pierre doesn't capitalize on an opportunity to finish the fight if he ever gets the chance. If he doesn't turn on the switch and it goes to another decision in his favor. I won't be a fan anymore. But I'll admire his skills and how he dominates. I just won't be excited to watch him anymore.

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

08.19.2011 | 9:42 PM ET

4 in a row. impressive. i hate no fighter. i'm going off the video that was on tapology which i'm guessing you watched. just my humble opinion. if gsp wins the standup and wins the fight i will write a sig saying his is the best P4P. 
BodyModifier
BodyModifier

08.19.2011 | 9:45 PM ET

It depends on the way he fights Diaz. I'll be disappointed if he fights safe this fight. Diaz will bring it. I expect and hope George does as well.

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

08.19.2011 | 9:51 PM ET

i gave you the down arrows and  the up arrow. @body. i like the articles you bring us but don't assume i hate gsp. i just go by what i see in the fights they have had and what i  have read  and  hear on interviews.
BodyModifier
BodyModifier

08.19.2011 | 9:54 PM ET

You mention him quite a bit. It's never positive input about him. So it'd only lead someone to assume you dislike him a lot. Which is fine by me because there's a lot of fighters out there that strike a chord with someone. It honestly doesn't bother me one bit, but it does bother me that people criticize him far too much. I also like being the devils advocate. Especially when it comes to George St.Pierre.

* Edited at 08.19.2011, 9:55 PM ET *

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

08.19.2011 | 9:55 PM ET

I read a little of that and I know @Wolf doesn't hate any fighter. He has strong beliefs towards the opinions of who he thinks will win and that can me mis-contrued. I tend to agree with @Wolf here and more than that.. I hope he is right. But, if he is wrong.. I hope we see the GSP of 3 years ago.. the guy not afraid to go for the finish.

* Edited at 08.19.2011, 9:55 PM ET *

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

BodyModifier
BodyModifier

08.19.2011 | 9:59 PM ET

I never really care. But if it's constant negative input or comes off like that. I'll say it how it is. Also add into the equation GSP gets bashed a fair amount. I made an article on George awhile ago and there wasn't really any positive feedback towards him. Even though I wasn't impressed with his last fight with Shields what so ever. I still defend him. I even defended him on Matt Hughes site. 
There's a lot of people on this board that don't like a specific fighter. There's a broadened feeling of hate/dislike and no one will ever know if that person truly dislikes that fighter or hates them. Or even just likes talking about that fighter in a very constructive negative light. We'll never know.

Kalibo
Kalibo

08.19.2011 | 11:11 PM ET

I don't think anyone on this board "hates" any fighter.  GSP is the greatest WW of all time.  No doubt.  His bad feedback isn't about his results... It's about his hesitance to finish ever since the Serra loss.  I think everyone here would agree with you @body.  But,.. But.. Diaz is the exact type of fighter to beat GSP... he'll get into his mental weakness.. he'll talk.. he'll jab that eye.. he can with stand punches... look at it from all angles.  I'm glad you have a passion for the sport bud.  Keep it up.. no one is dis-encouraging that.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

Swickotine
Swickotine
  • Predictions:  18,137  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  11,851
  • Post Score: 223

08.19.2011 | 11:18 PM ET

I don't hate GSP but I love Diaz, I just think we are gonna see what happens when someone actually comes at GSP. Everyone has been hesitant against him, even Alves and Hardy. Diaz is gonna put it on him and talk **** at the same, we'll see how GSP takes it. Last time someone came after him he was tapping to strikes.

"I'm bi-polar...nice jab, mean hook."

Kalibo
Kalibo

08.19.2011 | 11:20 PM ET

This fight could make or break GSP.

BodyModifier
BodyModifier

08.19.2011 | 11:23 PM ET

@Kalibo I didn't say "hate". I said most people have a fighter they don't like. Diaz is the perfect fighter to beat GSP. I really like Nick. The only way I see Diaz winning is on the feet. Other than that he'll get taken down I'd imagine. Either way. If I'm wrong I'd be more than happy to accept it and be very content to see the belt around Nick's waist. He's a very gifted fighter and has a lot of tools to beat GSP if he can neutralize anything he has to offer. I'll even celebrate with Wolf. I've liked Nick before I liked GSP. I remember him was it back on TUF? He was eating very healthy and was very picky with what he ate. He seemed like a focused kid and wasn't as vocal as he is today. He's very talented. I think it's perfect timing he's back fighting in the UFC. I honestly don't know who to cheer for on this one now that it gets closer and closer....
It's going to be hard watching either of them lose. I am hoping for a draw.

BodyModifier
BodyModifier

08.19.2011 | 11:25 PM ET

I can also see why Wolf thinks it's not good for George to be scared. Because yes mentally that can drain him. It can affect his thoughts before the fight even takes place, but I think it'll be the other way around. I think George is going to give him his all and Diaz will force the fight out of GSP. 
I want GSP to win just because I think he should win, and I've been defending him on this damn thread lol.
But I want Nick to win in my heart. I truly hope he wins. I wish George would just move up.

Kalibo
Kalibo

08.19.2011 | 11:32 PM ET

I think I was the victim of the "edit" option there... but your post is a good one... except.. a draw.. no!  :)

BodyModifier
BodyModifier

08.19.2011 | 11:37 PM ET

Yes! Draw lol.

Kalibo
Kalibo

08.19.2011 | 11:39 PM ET

NO! LOL!  We don't need anymore divisions on stand by!  :)

BodyModifier
BodyModifier

08.19.2011 | 11:42 PM ET

lol fine. sigh. What are your thoughts on Silva/Okami?

BodyModifier
BodyModifier

08.19.2011 | 11:46 PM ET

I'm curious how Diaz will react if he beats GSP in dominating fashion. Especially in his backyard. 

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

08.19.2011 | 11:58 PM ET

he will do a Jose Aldo and jump out of the ring and run up in the stands and celebrate. : - }  actually, maybe just a smile and helping gsp up and holding his hand high in the air like he did when he fought frank shamrock.  i think he would be very respectful. his training partners would be alot more excited.

Page 12

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Anthony Smith insists there's no personal beef with UFC champ Alex Pereira
  • MMA Mania : ‘Beast’ Mode! Khamzat Now Training With ‘MVP’
  • MMAFighting.com : Arnold Allen vs. Giga Chikadze set for UFC 304 in Manchester
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’m definitely going to sue Canelo for defamation’: De La Hoya responds
  • MMAFighting.com : Cedric Doumbe doesn’t want Marc Goddard refereeing his fights again: ‘I don’t like the guy’
  • MMA Junkie : Canelo Alvarez vs. Jaime Munguia: 5 questions (and answers) before boxing showdown
  • Bad Left Hook : Boxing streaming and TV schedule for May 2-4
  • MMA Mania : Mexican Merab Has UF-Si Challenge For ‘Suga’
  • Middle Easy : Kamaru Usman and Henry Cejudo Offer Their Condolences to Francis Ngannou, Preview Jose Aldo’s UFC 301 Return
  • MMA Junkie : Caio Borralho plans to KO Paul Craig at UFC 301, avenge fellow Brazilians: 'I love this matchup'
  • MMAFighting.com : Alexander Volkanovski declares Jose Aldo the featherweight GOAT
  • MMA Mania : Co-op Live Cancelation Chaos!
  • MMA Junkie : Demetrious Johnson aspires to 'box a legend of the sport,' not a fellow MMA fighter
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 304 adds Arnold Allen vs. Giga Chikadze to Manchester lineup
  • UFC.com : UFC UNFILTERED | Steve Erceg, Caio Borralho, UFC 301 Predictions
  • MMAFighting.com : Michael Page trains with ‘beast’ Khamzat Chimaev
  • MMA Junkie : Alessandro Costa motivated to see former rival Steve Erceg fight for UFC title
  • MMA Mania : UFC 302 Poster Drops For ‘Makhachev Vs Poirier’
  • MMAFighting.com : Between the Links: Ryan Garcia, Jose Aldo’s return at UFC 301, Mike Perry shines again, Paul vs. Tyson sanctioned
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Between the Links LIVE NOW