Tapology Forums

Nick Diaz video coming up with his fight vs Gsp.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

08.03.2011 | 2:51 PM ET

its going to be from youtube.

Responses Page 4

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

08.03.2011 | 10:46 PM ET

Diaz does not suck by any means at all. But GSP is the WW GOAT. But, just b/c GSP is the best WW, doesn't mean any of his opponents suck!

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

xbassistdoodx
xbassistdoodx
  • Predictions:  2,546  |  56.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,218
  • Post Score: 104

08.03.2011 | 10:48 PM ET

GSP's opponents are twice as good as the opponents Diaz has been fighting in Strikeforce. He barely beat Cyborg. How is he supposed to hang with GSP? Don't make me laugh.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants" - Isaac Newton

Kalibo
Kalibo

08.03.2011 | 10:51 PM ET

Barely beat Cyborg? He finished him easily on the ground. He Ko'd Daley. I understand GSP is the WW GOAT. I was only saying that Diaz does NOT suck.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

08.03.2011 | 10:53 PM ET

Was a bit surprised at hpe easily cyborg was getting away with those leg kicks. i was there and agree that diaz easily took him on the ground,

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

08.03.2011 | 10:54 PM ET

what fight were you watching. santos hit diaz with  a few leg kicks then diaz went for the kill. it was an easy win. his win vs daley looks alot better since he stuffed many of the takedowns vs t-wood in that fight. diaz would have submitted woodley rather easily if he was fighting t-wood. woodley takedowns are not as good as advertised.

* Edited at 08.03.2011, 10:57 PM ET *

xbassistdoodx
xbassistdoodx

08.03.2011 | 10:55 PM ET

Diaz is EXTREMELY one dimensional in his standup. It's almost like he doesn't realize you can kick, knee, or elbow in MMA. GSP by KO by headkick.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants" - Isaac Newton

kallousklown
kallousklown

08.03.2011 | 10:57 PM ET

gsp wont go for head kicks but he will outstrike diaz. im pretty sure the striking in this one will be boxing. not so much knees, elbows, or kicks.

xbassistdoodx
xbassistdoodx

08.03.2011 | 10:59 PM ET

I just love seeing GSP use his good old karate! ;)

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

08.03.2011 | 11:00 PM ET

diaz by combo of  body// facial strikes in third round. plus i know diaz will go in for the kill if diaz has gsp against the cage and he won't worry about punching  himself out.

* Edited at 08.03.2011, 11:01 PM ET *

Kalibo
Kalibo

08.03.2011 | 11:16 PM ET

How the hell can anyone say Diaz is one dimentional?

Blackwork
Blackwork
  • Predictions:  4,678  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  900
  • Post Score: 162

08.03.2011 | 11:19 PM ET

Does anyone want to bet a beer on this? 

"http://www.tapology.com/profiles/blackwork/my-rankings?ranking_type=member"

jersey0525
jersey0525
  • Predictions:  2,766  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,536
  • Post Score: 188

08.04.2011 | 12:36 AM ET

im gonna try and be as....whats the word...honest and straightforward as possible during the following preview...having said that, if u disagree with what i say..good, opinions are what they are...no amount of "diaz sucks" or "gsp is boring" talks are going to sway the outcome of this epic encounter...

going to take this step by step and go so in depth i should get credit for 5 posts! i will even go in depth on the advantages, who has them, and how big of an advantage is it on a 1-10 scale.

first, standup....this is where the fight will start, obviously..how long it stays there depends solely on gsp's desire to test diaz's bjj..anyway, diaz is an outstanding kick boxer, mostly using his hands, but he's good with kicks as well.. diaz is one of the few fighters in mma that understand the need to hold back on certain punches, while also knowing when to add some mustard...he might use this to his advantage, hitting gsp with some softies to boost his confidence in his chin, and then hit em with the GOOGUISH floor shot!...however,the standup is not one sided, as gsp is an equally competent kickboxer..lately, gsp has been falling in love with the jab, and ask koscheck how good it is! my one gripe with gsp's standup is he tends to overuse certain techniques..against shields it was the power hook, kos it was the jab...its like he follows the gamplan to the point of over commitment...however, gsp rarely plays the standup game with fighters who are good there..instead, he prefers to make the opponent commit with a power punch and then counter with the takedown... advantage= diaz... amount of advantage held by diaz= 2 (almost even with gsp, but his ko power and ability to throw 100's of strikes gives him edge)

clinch....i don't see much of a debate here..nor do i see much time spent here...if they clinch, diaz will be on his back within seconds, rendering this skill nearly meaningless in upcoming fight...advantage = gsp... amount = 10 (diaz wants to avoid this position, as it heavily favors the ufc champ)

wrestling...again, another no brainer... gsp is the best wrestler in mma imo..and diaz has been historically atrocious in wrestling..diaz might be improving, but fighters who have spent their whole lives wrestling are schooled by the canadian (fitch, kos, hughes) advantage = gsp ...amount= 10 (no debate...none)

ground game...this one interesting, because while gsp has been working on his bjj, diaz is one of the best...his transitions and submissions are elite, and this skill hinders gsp's attack on the ground significantly, as gsp will spend the majority of his time here controling diaz instead of hitting him....advantage = diaz...amount= 5 (gsp is vastly improved his bjj, but diaz is elite)

cardio...a non issue in this fight, as these are the 2 most well conditioned fighters in mma today...diaz runs ironman triathlons for ****s sake! advantage=push

what did we learn? where gsp holds advantages, holds a HUGE advantage...but where diaz is better than gsp, the gap is narrowed...however, the areas where diaz are more skilled are the exact areas that can end fights early....prediction? officially its diaz via 4th rd stoppage....i only see this fight going 2 ways tho..gsp via decision (he wont stop diaz) or diaz via stoppage (he wont win on points..)

"im an OT (ORIGINAL TAPOLOGIST), I used to write for cagepages.com. NO ONE CAN TAKE THAT LEFT HAND SHOT"

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

08.04.2011 | 3:14 AM ET

@jersey. great post 
BodyModifier
BodyModifier
  • Predictions:  21  |  61.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,608
  • Post Score: 152

08.04.2011 | 5:59 AM ET

I don't think Diaz will be able to keep up with GSP's footwork. If he catches him sure it'll rock him and he'll smell blood or come in for the kill. But I can see George being far too cautious. On the ground I think GSP will actually take him there and try to keep him against the cage. Just over power any of Diaz's technique with his wrestling base and controlling Diaz's body. I can visualize Diaz on the bottom getting frustrated. 
GSP is very smart and will put on the perfect game plan. I think the way to defeat someone like GSP is to come up with the perfect game plan to counter the champions. If not Diaz will make a mistake and will pay for it each round. Which is most likely Nick laying on his back.
Nick Diaz has always been a very decent fighter. Even years ago. Just because a fighter fights in a different organization. Doesn't define them as a fighter and their capabilities to defeat other fighters in any other place.
It just means Diaz hasn't been showcasing his skills against the top guys. Doesn't mean he can't beat them. Every fight you take away something and learn something. Sometimes you learn more from the mid tier fighters you didn't learn from the high tier fighters. 
There's no way you can discredit Diaz and he'll put on the best fight against GSP.. Only because he's a true threat to his throne and always has been. Nick/GSP has been talked about for a long long time. I'm just so excited it's finally happening.
Edit: I typed fight/fighters a lot in this post. Lack of sleep is catching up on me.

* Edited at 08.04.2011, 8:09 AM ET *

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

kallousklown
kallousklown

08.04.2011 | 6:35 AM ET

I hope Diaz punches GSP in the face for touching his nipples.

mmown
mmown
  • Predictions:  2,384  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  377
  • Post Score: 147

08.04.2011 | 9:19 AM ET

if Diaz puts his face out there taunting GSP like everyone else he fights, he's probably going to get his face broken just like Koscheck

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

08.04.2011 | 11:55 AM ET

if gsp gets sloppy with his wresting he will be submitted by diaz.
wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

08.04.2011 | 11:57 AM ET

would gsp even stand with a fighter  like paul daley. he sure would not.
SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

08.04.2011 | 12:41 PM ET

Has GSP ever been sloppy with his wrestling?

* Edited at 08.04.2011, 12:42 PM ET *

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

08.04.2011 | 12:54 PM ET

when 11,000 screaming fans are chanting diaz's name and diaz is putting on the pressure like no other fighter before him i could see gsp making a mistake very easily.

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Chael Sonnen Reveals October Boxing Clash with Jorge Masvidal in the Works
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 304 adds Oban Elliott vs. Preston Parsons
  • MMA Mania : ‘That’s The Fight!’ Edwards And McGregor Share Mutual Interest
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Saudi Arabia adds several bouts for Robert Whittaker vs. Khamzat Chimaev card
  • Middle Easy : Conor McGregor Addresses His Comments on Sean O’Malley, Goes Off on Ilia Topuria, and Targets Leon Edwards in Wild Livestream
  • MMA Junkie : Tyron Woodley plans on MMA return, blames 'wack' UFC Apex for recent performances
  • Middle Easy : Demetrious Johnson Not Interested in Usyk vs. Fury Rematch, Urges ‘The Cat’ to Retire: ‘There’s Nothing Left He Can Prove’
  • MMA Mania : Aspinall: ‘Next Fight After Blaydes Has To Be For Undisputed Title’
  • MMAFighting.com : Sean O’Malley reveals crazy story after fake police call: ‘They said I killed my parents’
  • Middle Easy : Tom Aspinall Hopes to See Oleksandr Usyk and Tyson Fury Run It Back, Will ‘Wait Out’ for Jon Jones After Blaydes Fight
  • MMA Junkie : Conor McGregor rips UFC champ Ilia Topuria: ‘He reminds me of a retarded Artem Lobov’
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor trashes UFC champ Ilia Topuria: ‘He reminds me of a little r*tard Artem Lobov’
  • MMA Mania : McGregor ‘Ecstatic And Delighted’ By Khabib’s Unpaid Taxes Report
  • MMA Junkie : DraftKings Promo Code | Make a $1.5K No Sweat Bet on NHL Game 7, Monday Night MLB
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch The MMA Hour with Leon Edwards, Green, Doumbe, Hearn and Salita in studio now
  • MMA Junkie : Abus Magomedov promises more exciting fights after UFC Fight Night 241 dominant decision
  • MMAFighting.com : Leon Edwards dismisses ‘nuisance’ Belal Muhammad ahead of UFC 304: ‘He’s too easy to hit’
  • MMA Mania : Special Rules Revealed For Andy-Sonnen Slugfest In Brazil
  • Jits Magazine : Full Lineup Announced For Sapateiro World Championship 2024 Chicago Qualifier
  • MMA Junkie : Weekend Review: Oleksandr Usyk made history with transcendent performance