Tapology Forums

WW Title PIcture...

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Dr3w Cornish
Dr3w Cornish
  • Predictions:  1,642  |  60.7%
  • Forum Posts:  99
  • Post Score: 142

03.17.2014 | 8:11 PM ET

Am I the only person who thinks no one at 170 really looks deserving of a title shot right now? Imo, Woodley, MacDonald, Lombard, all need at least one more solid win before they deserve a shot at the belt. I think Woodley VS MacDonald makes sense for No.1 contender, as well as Lombard VS the winner of Ellenberger VS Saffiedine. I also think Condit VS Maia sounds like a nice matchup. And I know its a looongshot but, personally I'd like to see Lawler take on Matt Brown if Brown beats Erik Silva.

" The human brain can subjugate anything, even real pain. -Bruce Lee. The point is the doing of them rather than the accomplishments. There is no actor, but the action; there is no experiencer, but the experience. -Bruce Lee."

Responses

Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

03.17.2014 | 8:23 PM ET

I am in 4000% agreeance with this thread in all ways.

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

curtwag84
curtwag84
  • Predictions:  13,940  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,695
  • Post Score: 273

03.17.2014 | 8:27 PM ET

I wouldnt mind seeing an instant rematch for Lawler, that was an awesome fight and close. Lombard impressed me by Shields-ing Shields. But he still seems like a one trick pony. Woodley got a good win but the way it ended doesnt make me that excited to see him fight for the title. So a rematch with Lawler or GSP would be my votes.

"I'd like to take this chance, to appologize. To absolutely nobody. -Connor McGreGOAT"

Kpro
Kpro
  • Predictions:  11,208  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,927
  • Post Score: 255

03.17.2014 | 8:28 PM ET

Hendricks cleared out the division.  Super fight with Cain next for sure.

"I Stab Waterbeds!"

benjaminbrandt
benjaminbrandt
  • Predictions:  18,270  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  15,716
  • Post Score: 229

03.17.2014 | 8:33 PM ET

The only answer is to bring in Askren.........

"I have not yet begun to defile myself. "

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner
  • Predictions:  9,964  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,398
  • Post Score: 283

03.17.2014 | 8:36 PM ET

8 man Grand Prix?

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

JustynOfOsiris
JustynOfOsiris
  • Predictions:  4,334  |  57.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,239
  • Post Score: 122

03.17.2014 | 8:39 PM ET

Personally I don't think anyone is deserving of a title shot right now. Rory is coming of a loss, Hector still hasn't beat anyone that really warrants a shot, and T Wood's victory over Condit should be taken with a grain of salt (even though he was looking really good up till Condit got hurt)

I honestly think the best thing the UFC could do right now is a rematch of Lalwer and Hendricks. The fight was incredible close, competitive, and just fantastic. On top of that I also think that fight would sell pretty well. I think that fight makes the most sense. Make Lawer/Hendricks II and while they do that set up Rory vs T Wood and Lombard vs the winner of Ellenberger/Saffedine and whoever looks the most impressive in their victory give them the next shot.
Also depending on how long Condit is hurt, I think he should still be right there in the mix.

"Is reality really realistic?"

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones
  • Predictions:  40,133  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,674
  • Post Score: 286

03.17.2014 | 8:40 PM ET

"We back. Iss normal. The tiny French Canadian wrestling man he get too stressed out. My leg bend the wrong way backwards and I hurt, but iss normal. We back now. We back. BJ Penn is the bess."
- Spider

"Eh, I do not know what he say for the most part. BJ Penn is not the best though. I fight him twice and win, and neither time did his pahformance impress me. He looks like an alien and that really how you say creep me out."
- GSP

Actual interview.
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 5 months, 3 weeks, 2 days, 17 hours, and 46 minutes from now.
Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

03.17.2014 | 8:42 PM ET

LOL

"here I come to save the day"

Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

03.17.2014 | 8:42 PM ET

Ideally in my opinion...

Johny Hendricks vs Georges St. Pierre II
Tyron Woodley vs Rory MacDonald
Hector.Lombard vs Tarec Saffiedine/Jake Ellenberger
Carlos Condit vs Jake Shields II
Matt Brown vs Dong Hyun Kim II
Robbie.Lawler vs ( a lot of options ) Kampmann, Maia, ect

For the hot prospects Gunnar, Thatch, Gastelum, Garcia, Amagov and Mein...It's hard.to say since the way.to match them up seems directionless. (.assuming.Brown.wins also)

* Edited at 03.17.2014, 8:47 PM ET *

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,326  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

03.17.2014 | 9:26 PM ET

@Justyn, Rory is not coming off a loss.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner
  • Predictions:  9,964  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,398
  • Post Score: 283

03.17.2014 | 9:29 PM ET

He did just beat Maia

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,476  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,787
  • Post Score: 180

03.17.2014 | 9:31 PM ET

Lombard is unbeated since his drop to WW and only lost 2 decisions to much larger MWs (have I mentioned how I 
HATE this ******** excessive, unhealthy weight-cutting crap?) and since the drop KOed the guy who KOed Woodley and handily beat Shields who holds wins over Condit, Woodley, Maia and has only lost to GSP and Ellenberger in the last decade or so.

I don't care for Shields position over submission style but I also would not want any fighter I'm a fan of to fight that ******* ridiculously good one-trick pony.

And I disagree with your opening statement because I think there are more than several WWs who I would give a reasonable shot at beating Hendricks. It truly has quickly become one of, if not the, most interesting divisions.

Nomad, I like all of those matchups. The only hard guy to figure out a matchup for is Shields because he's so damn good at what he does but boring. If ever there was a time for the UFC to loan out a fighter, Askren/Shields would be it. 

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

03.17.2014 | 9:34 PM ET

Johny Hendricks vs. Tyron Woodley (Unless GSP wants to fight Johny again)

Robbie Lawler vs. Hector Lombard

Carlos Condit vs. Ellenberger/Saffiedine

Rory MacDonald vs. Dong Hyun Kim

Demian Maia vs. Mike Pyle

Gunnar Nelson vs. Kelvin Gastelum

Rick Story vs. Jake Shields

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,476  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,787
  • Post Score: 180

03.17.2014 | 9:49 PM ET

Mike, why Woodley for the title shot over Lombard? Both would be good fights but since Hector KOed the guy who KOed Woodley and just decisioned the guy who decisioned Woodley I think Hector should be ahead in line.

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

CONDIT729
CONDIT729
  • Predictions:  4,116  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,500
  • Post Score: 165

03.17.2014 | 11:46 PM ET

I just watched the Condit vs. Woodley fight and I don't see how people are saying the leg kick hurt Condit's leg. Woodley kicked the left leg and it was the right leg that was injured from the takedown he was trying to stop from Woodly. So I feel Condit defeated himself more then Woodley did and think Lombard should get the next shot at the title.

"I'm coming in your backyard and I'm gonna **** you up" -Carlos Condit

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

03.18.2014 | 9:04 AM ET

The injury initially happened on a TD by Woodley. That's no freak injury. Woodley injured him while on the offense.

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

03.18.2014 | 9:06 AM ET

I would actually say it is a freak injury....how many other people have hurt their leg getting taking down? Doesn't seem to happen that often.

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

03.18.2014 | 9:22 AM ET

It may be freak, but it was still caused by the other fighter, he wasn't standing in his corner, minding his own business and suddenly tore his ACL.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

cal1
cal1
  • Predictions:  22,053  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,001
  • Post Score: 251

03.18.2014 | 9:29 AM ET

Condit is only 29 years old but his fight age is senior citizen level. He is on his 12th year of fighting professionally. I think a fighters' best years are years 3-9, after that they decline and fall apart.

"UFC 151 NEVER FORGET"

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

03.18.2014 | 9:31 AM ET

It was clearly a freak incident. Woodly was not like "im going to take condit leg out with this take down". Yes Woodly take down caused it, but he did not mean for that to happen. It was a completely freak incident. 

"here I come to save the day"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Haney Requests Garcia Rematch Because ‘Weight Played A Role’ In Defeat
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill Brutally Honest On UFC 300 Regrets, Who Should Be Next For Alex Pereira
  • MMA Mania : Return Of The Bare Knuckle King
  • MMA Mania : PFL MENA Inaugural Event Set For May 10 In Riyadh
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive – Jamahal Hill Talks ‘Crazy’ BMF Title Clash at UFC 300, Comments on Ryan Garcia’s Epic Troll Job
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping warns Michael Chandler not to underestimate Conor McGregor: 'Can't be drunk on your own ego'
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Prograis says karma caught up to Haney in Garcia fight
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Regis Prograis says karma caught up to Devin Haney
  • MMA Mania : ‘Stop Running!’ Vieira Claims Harrison Declined UFC 303 Fight Offer
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill On Fighting Khalil Rountree So Soon At UFC 303, Rejecting A Main Event
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva explains how fast UFC rise was actually deceivingly long
  • MMA Junkie : Marlon Vera calls out Petr Yan for November showdown after he previously 'declined,' Yan fires back
  • MMA Mania : VIDEO: Strongman Hall Breaks Pereira Punch Record ... Kind Of
  • MMAFighting.com : Coach Rafael Cordeiro: Beneil Dariush took time off after repeated head trauma in 2023
  • UFC.com : It’s Not Just Winning For Victor Henry, It’s How He Wins
  • MMA Junkie : Title or not, Jamahal Hill says Alex Pereira rematch has to happen
  • MMA Mania : Video: Hill Praises Pereira’s ‘Gritty’ UFC 300 Ref Block
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Mike Perry, Thiago Alves engage in tense faceoff ahead of BKFC KnuckleMania IV showdown
  • MMA Junkie : Video: BKFC KnuckleMania 4 press conference faceoffs featuring UFC vets Mike Perry, Thiago Alves
  • MMA Junkie : Uros Medic: 'Somebody is going to get oiled up' if I get snubbed of bonus at UFC on ESPN 55