Topic: Tuff-N-Uff

TuffNuff live results

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Lopati
Lopati
  • Predictions:  18,574  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13,352
  • Post Score: 179

11.30.2013 | 1:04 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 510 Points   |   18th Place

live results courtesy of mmamadhouse.com

Fight 7- Jim Elmer defeats Mike Florio via TKO @1:09 Rd2

Fight 6- Ralph Pacheco defeats Victor Mabin via Split Decision

Fight 5- Sebastian Buckley defeats Fabio Hernandez via Guillotine Choke @0:45 Rd1

Fight 4- Junior Gomez defeats Deangelo Yates via Split Decision

Fight 3- Sean Francis defeats David Guerrero via Armbar @0:54 Rd1

Fight 2- Sean Spangler defeats Tony Murphy via Anaconda Choke @1:30 Rd2

Fight 1- Andre Narcesse defeats Steve Mackowski via Unanimous Decision

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

Tuff-N-Uff
Bout   Info
Marina Shafir   defeats   Tabby Patterson   via Submission, Arm Triangle Choke   0:59 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Jessica Zomcik   defeats   Shannon Reid   via KO/TKO, Doctor Stoppage   1:11 Round 2 of 3, 4:11 Total Bout Page
Kyra Batara   defeats   Cheyanne Vlismas   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 9:00 Total Bout Page
Jim Elmer   defeats   Mike Florio   via KO/TKO, Broken Leg   1:09 Round 2 of 3, 3:09 Total Bout Page
Ralph Pacheco   defeats   Victor Mabin   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 6:00 Total Bout Page
Sebastian Buckley   defeats   Fabio Hernandez   via Submission, Guillotine Choke   0:45 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Junior Gomez   defeats   DeAngelo Yates   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 6:00 Total Bout Page
Sean Francis   defeats   David Guerrero   via Submission, Armbar   0:54 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Sean Spangler   defeats   Tony Murphy   via Submission, Anaconda Choke   1:30 Round 2 of 3, 3:30 Total Bout Page
Andre Narcesse   defeats   Steve Mackowski   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 6:00 Total Bout Page

Responses

psychicdeath
psychicdeath
  • Predictions:  38,309  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,198
  • Post Score: 261

11.30.2013 | 4:43 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 505 Points   |   Tied for 19th with 4 others

I happened to be in Las Vegas for the TUF 18 Finale, and noticed here on Tapology that this event was tonight, so I went.  It was a fun event, even though it was amateurs. Because it was Vegas (and possibly since a Rousey protege was in the main event), there were a lot of familiar faces in the crowd. Shayna Baszler and Jessamyn Duke cornered Marina Shafir, and after the fight were joined my Dr. De Mars (Ronda's mom).  I also saw Randy Couture, Skysc**** and Punkass from Tapout, Roxanne Modaferri, Robert Drysdale, and Kim Winslow (just as a spectator, not reffing).  The guy sitting next to me said Wanderlei Silva was there, too, but I didn't see him.

Two main impressions from the fights.  First, Marina Shafir is a monster. Granted, it was an amateur fight against a less-than-stellar opponent, but after eating a couple of big shots, Shafir grabbed a standing head-and-arm choke, tossed Patterson to the ground while maintaining the choke, and put her out cold pretty quickly.

Second, it confirmed the obvious that we all know: MMA can be dangerous.  The Elmer-Florio fight ended with Elmer slamming Florio to the mat.  In the process, Florio's leg broke.  It was nasty.  A compound fracture (for you non-medical types, that's when the broken end of the bone is sticking through the skin.) That kind of delayed things, since for safety reasons, they couldn't continue the fights until the ambulance got back from taking Florio to the hospital.  

For me, at least, it was a nice warm-up for the big league fights tomorrow.

"I shall not cause harm to any vehicle nor the personal contents thereof, nor through inaction let that vehicle or the personal contents thereof come to harm. It's what I call the Repo Code, kid. "

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

11.30.2013 | 10:53 AM ET

Damn son. Definitely can be a rough business.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,565
  • Post Score: 275

11.30.2013 | 1:32 PM ET

Compound fracture. Yuck.  Sucks for that person.  I don't think that's very common.   I've gone to a couple dozen local cards and never saw an injury like that.

"I live, I die, I live again."

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

11.30.2013 | 1:35 PM ET

Weirdly it happened last weekend in Florida at the BMMA card. 

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : UFC 301 odds: Opening and closing betting line movements
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo Alvarez vs. Jaime Munguia: Live round-by-round updates
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo vs. Munguia Results: Live updates of the undercard and main event
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 Results: Pantoja vs. Erceg
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: CEAST AND DESIST!
  • MMA Junkie : Artur Beterbiev vs. Dmitry Bivol postponed due to injury
  • MMA Mania : Pereira Welcomes Jones’ Heavyweight Challenge
  • MMA Mania : Pereira Accepts Jones’ Heavyweight Challenge
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 ABC Conference set for July in Louisville, Ky.
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 ABC Conference set for July in Louisville
  • MMA Mania : Video! Oliveira Cradles Teammate During Terrifying Weight Cut
  • UFC.com : Drakkar Klose Is Tuning Out The Noise
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Fighters talk favorite Jose Aldo memories ahead of UFC 301
  • Bad Left Hook : Beterbiev vs Bivol postponed due to injury, rest of card goes on
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301's Paul Craig: Caio Borralho in Rio not favorable, but 'we have built our career in the UFC over upsets'
  • UFC.com : The Most Dangerous Vinc Pichel
  • MMA Mania : Garcia Promises To ‘Knock McGregor Out Bad’
  • MMA Junkie : Charles Oliveira willing to be backup for Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler – under one condition
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 Preview: 26 Random Tidbits, Facts And Storylines
  • Middle Easy : Israel Adesanya Backs ‘Legend’ Jose Aldo At UFC 301: ‘You Might See A F****** Vintage Fight’