Topic: Gegard Mousasi

Gegard Mousasi wants Vitor Belfort at Middleweight.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,461  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,488
  • Post Score: 203

05.21.2013 | 7:35 PM ET

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Gegard "The Dreamcatcher" Mousasi

Photo Source:  

Fighter Details

• Name: Gegard Mousasi
  • Pro MMA Record: 49-9-2 (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: The Dreamcatcher
  • Current Streak: 2 Losses
  • Last Fight: May 12, 2023 in BFC
  • Weight Class: Middleweight | Last Weigh-In: 185.6 lbs
  • Affiliation: Kops Gym
  • Height: 6'2" (188cm) | Reach: 76.0" (193cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $1,087,000 USD
  • Born: Tehran, Iran
  • Fighting out of: Leiden, Netherlands
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses Page 3

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

05.23.2013 | 12:20 PM ET

I never said it would be kicking exclusive. I said if the fight was looked at from a kicking-only perspective, I could see why people would think Pettis/Aldo is a better match up than Gegard/Anderson.

Anderson Silva and Gegard Mousasi are more intelligent because of their ability to approach a fight and adjust to their opponents, something that Anthony Pettis and Jose Aldo have not been able to do.

For example, Anthony Pettis refused to abandon the kicking game in his loss to Clay Guida and off of his back, he either attempted submissions or sweeps but didn't diligently look for escapes to the stand up.

Jose Aldo is just an athletic specimen who can either be too conservative in an attempt to save energy or too active and burn his tank.

Anderson Silva is the only striker I have ever seen to effectively shut down his opponent's offensive wrestling without any use of defensive wrestling. His wrestling defense solely relies on his footwork, stances and striking. He's also the only fighter who effectively uses the cage as a weapon.

Gegard Mousasi is a master of adjusting to an opponent's strengths and weaknesses. His kickboxing fight with Kyotaro was the blueprint on how to stop an aggressive fighter from ******* with you. His jab is one of the most versatile in MMA. Mousasi's also very good at baiting the opponent into overcommitting. He also doesn't get rattled and he will just do what he needs to do. His fight with Illir Latifi was the standup version of lay n' prey according to Gegard himself, but it was a nice strategic display nonetheless. I also like the fight against Mike Kyle. Gegard knew that Kyle was strictly a head hunter so he kept a high crouch the entire time and completely exposed his body but he knew Kyle would not be able to effectively strike that area so he basically got rid of Kyle's striking game completely with the simplest strategy imaginable.

Sorry about my typing, I'm dead. I can't write for **** right now.

"الله أكبرl"

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,552  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,825
  • Post Score: 180

05.23.2013 | 12:33 PM ET

Actually I've seen a couple of occasions where Anderson has used defensive wrestling pretty well: his last fight with Chael he shut down his early td attempts in the 2nd with underhooks and he hit that switch on Marquardt. 

And Gegard vs. King Mo adjusted about as well as Showtime vs. Guida :)    Still hate that fight. Absolutely no G'n'P damage but allowed to stay on the ground far too long. And Pettis' next fight, the boring ass decision over Stephens, did at least show an improvement in wrestling.

Anderson vs. Machida would be better than either.

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

jmcdowell
jmcdowell
  • Predictions:  1,448  |  63.7%
  • Forum Posts:  450
  • Post Score: 188

05.23.2013 | 12:45 PM ET

Mousasi is dreaming - he's hoping to 'piggy back' off of all the TRT/KO wins Belfot has managed to accomplish in the last year.

Mousasi needs to find a Division, stay there and win 1 or 2 more - he's not going to "Chael Sonnen" his way into a big fight.

"“I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious” - Lombardi"

ifightbears
ifightbears
  • Predictions:  2,175  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  600
  • Post Score: 257

05.23.2013 | 1:02 PM ET

I'm starting to think not a lot of people have actually seen the Mousasi/Jardine fight.  I see so many people say "He can't be that good, he got a draw against Keith Jardine!"

Actually, he mauled the crap out of him.  The draw was due to a point deduction from an illegal up kick.  Now, I'm not saying it was unfair cause its his own fault the point got taken away but if you think it was a close fight because it was a draw than... you're simply incorrect. 

* Edited at 05.23.2013, 1:03 PM ET *

"Wanna go to a club where people wee on each other?"

Page 3

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC Fight Night Tapology coverage is now live
  • Alex Perez vs. Tatsuro Taira - The fighters are making their walk-outs.
  • Join the UFC Fight Night live discussion
  • Tapology Picks: Alex Perez 18% Tatsuro Taira 82%
  • Alex Perez (25-8-0) CA, US is the #8th Top Flyweight MMA fighter.
  • Tatsuro Taira (15-0-0) Okinawa, JP is the #12th Top Flyweight MMA fighter.
  • UFC Fight Night features 11 MMA bouts
  • The event takes place from UFC Apex in Las Vegas, Nevada