Tapology Forums

EA Sports UFC thread.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,413  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,488
  • Post Score: 203

05.08.2013 | 7:03 PM ET

I know there are obviously a ton of people on here that are excited for this game, and with some big gaming 'dates' coming within the next few months, we will probably be hearing some legit news about this game soon. I will update this thread as regularly as possible, if you guys find some cool stuff about it, post away! I know there is a video game thread but I don't wanna totally flood that thread with just stuff about the UFC game, so I will just make a thread dedicated to it.

Also, EA just launched an official website for the game recently .. today. So that must mean something is coming soon.

http://www.easports.com/ufc

* Edited at 05.08.2013, 7:04 PM ET *

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Responses Page 34

flOw _
flOw _

05.20.2014 | 9:14 AM ET

Plus I read on some blog that the EA Sports UFC France facebook said the demo will be released on June 4th. Not confirmed though. 

* Edited at 05.20.2014, 9:14 AM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 1 month, 1 week, 4 days, 4 hours, and 37 minutes from now.
dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  21,086  |  71.7%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

05.20.2014 | 9:51 AM ET

"Hey you goofs the game will only have 99 fighters that's more then ******* enough."

"But Dana the UFC has almost 500 fighters on the roster"

"Shut up you goof, if you want all fighters just buy the other 400 DLC's"

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

05.20.2014 | 9:53 AM ET

LEGIT GAMEPLAY IS

flOw _
flOw _

05.20.2014 | 10:20 AM ET

I don't know what to make of that. Looks very exciting and very fluid. I would have liked to see a KO/TKO in that gameplay just to see if you can follow up on punches when you KO your opponent like UFC Undisputed 3.

I also loved the animation when Aldo was totally rocked and there was no 'trembling' effect like the previous games where the screen would shake or turn black and white. Overall I'm satisfied with it, the only thing I would be disappointed with is if you cannot follow up on punches once you've KO'd the opponent. I loved throwing relentless hammer fists to a KO'd opponent. 

Another thing to watch out for is when Aldo got rocked, the ref didn't even swarm in close in case he had to stop the fight. Not much of a factor but would have added to the realism. 
This user is suspended from posting until 1 month, 1 week, 4 days, 4 hours, and 37 minutes from now.
MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

05.20.2014 | 10:29 AM ET

I liked the Aldo rocked animation. I like how that single strike by Pettis stunned him like that. Get too reckless, **** goes down.

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,540  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

05.20.2014 | 10:35 AM ET

None of the gameplay vids show their submission offense/defense system ... which is actually more where this game can go totally right or totally wrong ... I wonder why ...

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

05.20.2014 | 11:04 AM ET

In the small bit of ground game seen in the Pettis/Aldo trailer, it looks much better than EA MMA. So I'm content.

amp112
amp112
  • Predictions:  37,156  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,588
  • Post Score: 208

05.20.2014 | 11:42 AM ET

I'm with yoss. That's kind of weird. And you don't know if it's because their ground game is ****** or they assumed people only want to see the striking in the promos. You know, because the ground game is boring.
flOw _
flOw _

05.20.2014 | 12:02 PM ET

Apparently this guy attended a Sydney media event and has listed the complete roster and arena list in the description on YouTube.

If it's true then nice to see they've included Bigfoot Silva but no Erick Silva for WW. 

* Edited at 05.20.2014, 12:02 PM ET *

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

05.20.2014 | 12:36 PM ET

Some notes from recently released articles.

-The most 'next-gen' sports game on the new consoles. 
-If you go into the tutorial and quit, Dana White will come on the screen and yell at you. 
-Same menu system as FIFA 14. 
-UFC Spotlight will allow you to view replays and make highlights. 
-You can share any in-game highlights with the community. 
-There are 3 online modes. Championship, Quick Match, and Rivalry. 
-Rivalry is a mode that keeps track of every statistic from when you and your buddies face eachother.
-Apparently slam KOs are in the game. 
-All roster fighters will have special abilities much like NBA 2K.

Swickotine
Swickotine
  • Predictions:  18,162  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  11,851
  • Post Score: 223

05.20.2014 | 5:18 PM ET

Looks ******* awesome to me, the intros, graphics, speed, rocking, ground strikes, takedowns all look great to me. I can't wait now. It does look similar to EA MMA the engine but way way better and smoother.

* Edited at 05.20.2014, 5:19 PM ET *

"I'm bi-polar...nice jab, mean hook."

flOw _
flOw _

05.20.2014 | 5:28 PM ET

I don't like the fact the round timer is sped up, like previous UFC games. They should give you the option to choose if you want the round to end fast or be the same time as real life (like EA MMA did) because I personally think the rounds end way too fast in UFC games and would like it to end longer. 
Swickotine
Swickotine
  • Predictions:  18,162  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  11,851
  • Post Score: 223

05.20.2014 | 5:37 PM ET

@flow Yeah i agree, they could put that option in there...cause in EA MMA (also this one) you could actually go to decisions and every fight didn't end in a flash KO like in UFC 3.

"I'm bi-polar...nice jab, mean hook."

gunn4206
gunn4206
  • Predictions:  39,487  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  7,834
  • Post Score: 249

05.20.2014 | 5:44 PM ET

not really that pumped for this anymore . ive already got this game its Called EA MMA .

"RIP Bill Burgess , RIP CthuluJones"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

05.20.2014 | 6:14 PM ET

I appreciate the fact that during the rocked animation they don't do some flashy effect. It helps the presentation. It has hints of EA MMA, but it looks far more refined and polished. Also, clearly there is TONS of variation in the strikes, which was one of EA MMA's biggest downfalls. 

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,765  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,786
  • Post Score: 273

05.20.2014 | 7:19 PM ET

Enjoyed EA MMA more than UFC Undisputed but gotta admit it looks much too similar and the knockouts look the same as that and Fight Night. Still looks well very well done and the combat system looks fluid. I also like EA MMA's health system a lot more.

* Edited at 05.20.2014, 7:27 PM ET *

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

05.21.2014 | 8:28 AM ET

I think what makes the mechanics seem different to EA MMA for me is the footwork. The video released is two very fast fighters in Pettis and Aldo, but you can see they actually take steps. That compared to the 'footwork' in EA MMA, is fantastic. You could do Sylvia vs. Sapp in EA MMA and the fighters skated. There was no need to find your footing and pick your shots because it was nearly impossible to do so. It basically forced you to brawl on the feet. Atleast with the implementation of realistic foorwork, coming in with a strategy is possible. 

* Edited at 05.21.2014, 8:28 AM ET *

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

05.21.2014 | 4:16 PM ET

Here are the reported top 10 highest rated fighters in the game. Brace yourself, because if true, they are awful.The only thing you need to know is... Rousey's striking is higher than Pettis. Yep. Yep. 

http://whatculture.com/gaming/ea-sports-ufc-10-highest-rated-fighters.php/2

SonnensSyringe
SonnensSyringe
  • Predictions:  79,138  |  62.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,881
  • Post Score: 337

05.21.2014 | 4:32 PM ET

So basically, every champ...and GSP. Mighty Mouse over GSP makes very little sense to me. So does Pettis over Weidman. Rousey at 2 is laughable. But hey, that's just my opinion. I've had questionable ones before. 

* Edited at 05.21.2014, 4:33 PM ET *

"You look like a 1987 John Hughes high school bully." - Swickotine

amp112
amp112
  • Predictions:  37,156  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,588
  • Post Score: 208

05.21.2014 | 4:40 PM ET

I noticed the ratings on video games is relative. Like I understand Ronda being rated that high because she's so much better than all over Women Bantamweights. They do similar **** with Madden. 

Also MMA is so much different because it's all about matchups. Put Adrian Peterson against any defense and he'll still put on a good game. May not be his best performance and the Vikings may not win, but he would have his moments. 

Put Chael Sonnen against a guy with bad TDD and top notch striking, he wins that fight. Put Chael Sonnen against someone with above average striking and really good TDD, he's ******. Even if the guy with better striking is rated higher.

I'm not married to any of this. Just a shot in the dark as to why certain fighters are rated the way they are.

* Edited at 05.21.2014, 4:41 PM ET *

Page 34

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Dana White downplays Jon Jones’ interest in Alex Pereira, targets Stipe Miocic title fight in New York
  • Jits Magazine : Abu Dhabi Grand Slam Tour – Abu Dhabi 2024 Full Results And Review
  • MMA Mania : White: New UFC Deal Struck Because Saudi Arabia ‘Wanted Power Slap’
  • MMA Mania : ‘Bullet’ Wants ‘Demolidor’ In Saudi Arabia
  • MMA Junkie : 'Thank you for making my life easy': MMA community celebrates Mother's Day on social media
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Make After UFC St. Louis
  • MMAFighting.com : Ciryl Gane to carry Olympic torch ahead of 2024 Olympic Games in Paris
  • MMA Junkie : 5 biggest takeaways from UFC on ESPN 56: Derrick Lewis magic returns and Dana White criticism of main card winner
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Ex-Bellator title challenger Alejandra Lara bloodies opponent in first-round TKO win
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley shifts to Gilbert Burns after unrealistic Conor McGregor callout: 'I'm definitely not going to get that'
  • MMA Mania : Lewis Ready To ‘Dibble Dabble’ In WWE (On One Condition)
  • MMA Mania : Lewis Ready To ‘Dibble Dabble’ In WWE, On One Condition...
  • MMAFighting.com : Deontay Wilder concerned for Mike Tyson in Jake Paul fight: ‘God forbid he gets hurt’
  • MMA Junkie : Mick Maynard's Shoes: What's next for Derrick Lewis after UFC on ESPN 56 knockout win?
  • MMAFighting.com : Olympic champ David Taylor closes door on wrestling, potential MMA career after becoming Oklahoma State coach
  • MMA Junkie : Former UFC champ Andrei Arlovski added to Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler card at UFC 303
  • Middle Easy : Derrick Lewis Plans To ‘Dibble Dabble’ In WWE While Fighting For UFC
  • MMA Junkie : Bryce Mitchell down with Sean Woodson's UFC St. Louis callout: 'I need some money'
  • MMAFighting.com : Mateusz Rebecki reveals gruesome aftermath of stoppage loss to Diego Ferreira in new hospital photo
  • MMA Mania : ‘We Gotta Get Out Of The Apex’