Topic: dos Santos vs. Hunt

Dos Santos vs. Hunt

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,768  |  73.9%
  • Forum Posts:  17,644
  • Post Score: 60

03.09.2013 | 1:25 PM ET

Prediction: correct dos Santos   wrong Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for Dos Santos vs. Hunt. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 7

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

05.14.2013 | 10:36 PM ET

@WishIsHere I haven't been on the site long enough but...

If that's good enough for the bandwagon, I guess I'm in.

"الله أكبرl"

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,482  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

05.14.2013 | 10:49 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Hunt   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

Mybbygotsauz
Mybbygotsauz
  • Predictions:  1,612  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  745
  • Post Score: 131

05.15.2013 | 1:24 AM ET

Prediction: correct dos Santos   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

This is the funnest fight on the whole card imo lol
but just because you beat Stefan Struve....i mean, jds is just a taaaaddddd bit better than struve lol
however, cant not like hunt, if he wasnt fighting jds i would be pulling for him like crazy just becuase of how cool he is, but unfortunately he is fighting jds, which means a loss :(
i dont want to see either guy lose so this is kinda suckish 
however, it will still be very fun 

"knocked out three midgets and ya pumped up"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,422  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,488
  • Post Score: 203

05.19.2013 | 4:43 PM ET

Hunt just tweeted.. The man has got his VISA!! 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

05.19.2013 | 4:44 PM ET

mark richard hunt ‏@markhunt197415m

Thank u for my visa father

Chino808
Chino808
  • Predictions:  1,754  |  60.8%
  • Forum Posts:  44
  • Post Score: 55

05.20.2013 | 5:13 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Hunt   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

I like JDS, but after the beating he took I don't know how he he's going to recover from such a loss. JDS is confident in his stand up skills, and we have nevef seen him display his ground game. I think JDS is going to make the mistake and try to stand with the K-1 World Champ and end up getting caught and finished by ref stoppage in the 1st or 2nd rd. Hunt has an Iron Chin (he has been ko'd before), but not recently, and he has the firepower to put anyman asleep. My money is on Hunt at +300
Derp
Derp
  • Predictions:  3,270  |  60.7%
  • Forum Posts:  447
  • Post Score: 216

05.20.2013 | 7:01 AM ET

Sticking with my pick of JDS by decision, but I've got my fingers crossed that Hunt pulls it off.
sh00ky
sh00ky
  • Predictions:  881  |  56.8%
  • Forum Posts:  72
  • Post Score: -103

05.21.2013 | 2:51 AM ET

My heart say Hunt… but I think Jr. Two Saints is too technical to get hit with the moon shot Hunt will need. God do I hope I'm wrong though.

"The."

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

05.21.2013 | 12:23 PM ET

Fact: Dos Santos' nine knockdowns are the most of any heavyweight in UFC history.

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

05.21.2013 | 12:23 PM ET

Fact: Hunt's four-fight UFC win-streak is the longest of any active fighter in the heavyweight division.

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

05.21.2013 | 12:26 PM ET

Fact: Hunt's 85% takedown defense accuracy in the UFC is second in heavyweight history behind Andre Arlovksi (89.5%). Dos Santos ranks sixth in the category at 74%.

jaykool777
jaykool777
  • Predictions:  25,528  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,654
  • Post Score: 158

05.21.2013 | 12:57 PM ET

@ MikeLovesTacos XD - "Fact: Hunt's four-fight UFC win-streak is the longest of any active fighter in the heavyweight division."

Prior to JDS' loss to Cain Velasquez, JDS had a 6-fight winning streak in the UFC. Before Cain lost to JDS, he had a 7-fight winning streak. Tim Sylvia had a 5-fight winning streak in the UFC after his loss to Andrei Arlovski, then he lost to Randy Couture who was 43 years old, had lost twice to Chuck Liddell at LHW, was an inactive fighter for over a year, and hadn't fought at HW for almost 4 1/2 years. Prior to getting KTFO'd by Mark Hunt, Stefan Struve had a 4-fight winning streak.

The point = winning streaks are made to be broken.

I'm a huge fan of Mark Hunt and JDS both. I'm still going back and forth on this fight because I'm such a big fan of both. Then there's the questions coming into this fight.

#1. JDS was on a tear in the UFC prior to his loss to Cain Velasquez. Has JDS recovered from that loss?

#2. Mark Hunt is riding a 4-fight winning streak, but the biggest name he's defeated on that streak is Stefan Struve. Though Mark Hunt has improved his overall fight game, has he improved enough to fight amongst the elite HWs like JDS, Daniel Cormier, and Cain Velasquez?

#3. JDS claims that he had emotional issues and was going through a divorce coming into that last fight with Cain Velasquez. Has JDS gotten over those emotional and mental issues, are they still plaguing him, or was that all just one elaborate excuse for just plain and simply losing to a better fighter that night?

#4. JDS has never been KO'd, but Mark Hunt has. JDS has been rocked on a couple of occasions, but recovers well. Other than the Manhoef fight, Mark Hunt has taken the best shots of Mirko Cro-Cop, Fedor Emelianenko, and Wanderlei Silva. JDS has beaten and taken the best shots from Gilbert Yvel, Gabriel Gonzaga, Roy Nelson, Shane Carwin, and is the only man who holds a victory over current UFC HW Champion Cain Velasquez. Who actually hits harder and can take the better shot? JDS or Mark Hunt? 

I'll probably be going back and forth on this until the picks lock. 

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

05.21.2013 | 2:20 PM ET

Head says JDS via Decision, but heart says Hunt.

I think this'll look similar to JDS vs. Nelson. Junior landed big shots early on, but once he got tagged, he played a more intelligent, counter-punching and movement-heavy style. Question is, can he take Hunt's shots?

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

jaykool777
jaykool777
  • Predictions:  25,528  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,654
  • Post Score: 158

05.21.2013 | 4:09 PM ET

@ skeliher - I think the same thing, and I keep wondering the same about JDS' gameplan and ability to take Hunt's shots. I don't know of any fighter that can take Hunt's best shots.

They have common opponents in Cro-Cop and Struve. JDS finished both by strikes dominantly and handily, and Hunt went to a split decision with Cro-Cop, and had a hard time finishing Struve, and had a hard time dealing with Struve's ground game, but MMAth doesn't usually work. Especially in this case.

Yes JDS finished Stefan Struve by 1st round KO/TKO easily and dominantly vs. Mark Hunt finishing Struve in the 3rd round by KO which was a very hard fought back and forth battle that some think Struve was winning, and Cro-Cop submitted to strikes in the 3rd round of their fight while Mark Hunt won via split decision, but JDS faced Cro-Cop on the downhill slide of his career, and Struve was fighting his first fight in the UFC when he face JDS. The UFC jitters have affected the greatest fighters in the world. Mark Hunt faced both fighters in prime mental and physical condition.

JDS has faced and defeated the better stable of fighters, but then I think........."he's facing Mark ******* Hunt, who is quite possibly the most dangerous striker in all of HW MMA. Mark Hunt is improving with every fight all the way around as a fighter, making him that much more dangerous of an MMA HW." Then I think, "It's ******* Junior Dos Santos, the guy who basically cleaned house in the HW division of the UFC. Defeating names like Fabricio Werdum, Roy Nelson, Shane Carwin, and Cain Velasquez. That's a healthy ******* resume for any HW. Not just in the UFC, but in all of MMA."

Then I factor in how much I admire and respect both fighters as people. ****!!!! No wonder I've been racking my ******* brain on this fight. It just goes to show that's it's really anyone's fight or the taking here.  

* Edited at 05.21.2013, 4:10 PM ET *

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

Swickotine
Swickotine
  • Predictions:  18,174  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  11,851
  • Post Score: 223

05.21.2013 | 4:42 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Hunt   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

HUNTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

"I'm bi-polar...nice jab, mean hook."

CashBrewyn
CashBrewyn
  • Predictions:  21,572  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,045
  • Post Score: 212

05.21.2013 | 5:27 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Hunt   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

Have been a Hunt fan since Pride and kickboxing days, during the losing streak, through his time with UFC..no reason to stop now in my mind

* Edited at 05.21.2013, 7:31 PM ET *

"My hearts pumpin' the blood of Royce Gracie My thoughts dumpin' the slug and point straightly"

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

05.21.2013 | 7:25 PM ET

Prediction: correct dos Santos   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

Cingano is getting his belt back. Believe it.

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

2 Nyce
2 Nyce
  • Predictions:  19,158  |  59.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,852
  • Post Score: 214

05.21.2013 | 7:52 PM ET

Prediction: correct dos Santos   wrong Submission   correct Round 3  

I think he can if he and Bigfoot wins.  I just can't see JDS beating Cain ever again.
p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

05.21.2013 | 7:58 PM ET

Prediction: correct dos Santos   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

Well prepare to be surprised then. Almost 1 year to the day he lost the belt to Cain he will win it for the second time. Bank on it.

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

StarsStavros
StarsStavros

05.22.2013 | 3:08 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Hunt   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

Oh man if Cain/JDS 3 happens that's going to be an amazing fight, since now BOTH of them know what it's like to fall from the top and will be too hungry to lose.

That being said, war Hunto.

Page 7

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : ‘Put That Whiskey Bottle Down!’ Usman Fires Back At McGregor
  • Middle Easy : Ben Askren Claims Conor McGregor’s ‘Jealous’ Of UFC Rival Khabib: ‘No Money Can Make Up For That’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Be Upset!’ Topuria ‘Too Short’ To Headline Over O’Malley
  • MMA Junkie : USA TODAY Sports/MMA Junkie rankings, May 21: Patchy Mix, Lerone Murphy move up
  • MMA Junkie : Anthony Smith: Islam Makhachev vs. Dustin Poirier 'much closer than a lot of people are giving it credit for'
  • MMA Mania : MMA Prospect Watch: Meet ‘The Punjabi Prince’
  • Middle Easy : Conor McGregor is ‘Cold in the Soul’ for Michael Chandler, Plans to Fight Three Times in 2024
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Curtis Blaydes On Tom Aspinall, Alex Pereira, Was Ciryl Gane A Go For UFC 304?
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Vegas 93 card official with 13 bouts
  • Bad Left Hook : PODCAST: Usyk is undisputed, Taylor vs Catterall 2, Canelo’s next fight
  • MMA Junkie : Belal Muhammad explains why he doesn't like 'piece of trash' Sean Strickland
  • MMA Mania : ‘Piece Of Trash’ Strickland Is ‘All Talk’
  • Middle Easy : Dustin Poirier Ready to Knock Islam Makhachev Unconscious at UFC 302: ‘The Ref’s Going to Be Pulling Me Off Him’
  • Middle Easy : Husband and Coach of UFC Fighter Hailey Cowan Arrested, Accused of Sexually Assaulting Minor ‘Hundreds of Times’
  • MMA Junkie : Tom Aspinall says next fight after Curtis Blaydes has to be for undisputed belt: 'I'll wait it out if I have to'
  • MMAFighting.com : Dustin Poirier makes bold prediction for Islam Makhachev fight at UFC 302
  • MMA Mania : McGregor Labels ‘Little R—ard’ Topuria ‘A Non-Champion’
  • MMAFighting.com : Anderson Silva opens as huge favorite over Chael Sonnen in July boxing match
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘He put you in position’: Vergil Hunter explains why Spence should pay former trainer his worth
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘He put you in position’: Vergil Hunter explains why Errol Spence should pay Derrick James his worth